PDA

View Full Version : Where is Bela ? (Major Spoilers for Reforged 1.1)

Pages : [1] 2

infinity
05-05-2012, 07:41 PM
Im playing the reforged 1.2 mod. Any clues to where Bela hangs out now?

Thanks,

ojajebie
05-05-2012, 07:52 PM
He is in a new location, trapped and sexually abused by an evil Snow Queen. The entrance to this new location is in the Mine Tunnels.

infinity
05-05-2012, 07:54 PM
Thanks, I thought I explored that entire area. Must've missed it ...

Thanks

ojajebie
05-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Remember to take a mine cart ride first ;).

townltu
05-06-2012, 02:21 AM
Im playing the reforged 1.2 mod. ... appears as if i can put the work down ;)

Qusari
05-06-2012, 05:07 AM
He is in a new location, trapped and sexually abused by an evil Snow Queen. The entrance to this new location is in the Mine Tunnels.

Is he now ? oh poor bela ! Thats it also. I did have the impression somehow that he was not as much pleased by my rescue than one would assume. Oh well, what a shame. It must have been a special experience with those hot red icy lips around the icecycle. All the demand from her ! The ice cream must not melt, dare you ! least I freeze you to the bones. But also the ice storm must not be released, behold ! Or I will put you to those other ice statues, in the ante room.

I imagine it was quite a tricky situation for him.

PS: I suddenly wasnt sure if bela is really male or not, but according to CF he is...

.................................................. .............

Ehm yes I am bored (hence the answer above) bought a new camera for texture shooting the Sony Alpha 57, unfortunately is raining outside so I cant even test it accordingly for the moment, well then so I must play another round of Mass Effect 2 in Multiplayer mode

infinity
05-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Im playing the reforged 1.2 mod. ... appears as if i can put the work down ;)

:) Sorry i meant 1.1

infinity
05-07-2012, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the assist guys ... Was anxious to see what wares Bela has in stock.

I'm stuck now in the Dwarf Village. I've taken down the Dwarf King but I wanna go up the mountain now. Can't get the gate opened :(

Qusari
05-07-2012, 12:15 PM
Be as unfriendly to the gate as you can ...... Hmm I can recommend the nearby ram, although it may be that the frame is stuck somehow, maybe a stone or something around a wheel ? and then there is one more thing to do .... a ram is nothing without its head .....

infinity
05-07-2012, 05:37 PM
Im missing the head :( grrrrr !!!

townltu
05-07-2012, 06:13 PM
Im missing the head :( grrrrr !!!?
... I've taken down the Dwarf King ...!

hth

p.s.
trigger zone (mouse cursor changes!) is rather small
take care not to stand in the way, 1st time my party was crushed

infinity
05-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Ok, I know what my problem is. I killed the King but I did it without getting inside his tomb (weird huh). I can still see 4 items inside the tomb (via xray); I need those items but I can't get inside the tomb.

Qusari
05-09-2012, 11:06 AM
Ok, I know what my problem is. I killed the King but I did it without getting inside his tomb (weird huh). I can still see 4 items inside the tomb (via xray); I need those items but I can't get inside the tomb.

Hmm should I ask how you killed the king without entering the tomb ? Maybe I d rather not know. Normaly you have to do a little quest of finding and combining several items within the area, and burn the final product on hill of the tomb ....whereas the way will be shown(indirectly).. have a look around ther should be some hints and stuff.. otherwise if really really needed ask here for a spolier or 2 :pirate:

infinity
05-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Ok, I'll tell you what I have. I have the final bait and i have the king's crown. These two items seem to do nothing in the area. The king will fight you if you "REST" on the hill top. That could be a bug though.

Herry Hardfoot
05-09-2012, 08:37 PM
Ok, I'll tell you what I have. I have the final bait and i have the king's crown. These two items seem to do nothing in the area. The king will fight you if you "REST" on the hill top. That could be a bug though.

The final bait is a quest item for Pirate's Island; the king's crown isn't a quest item, so a party member can wear it. The items to combine for the brazier offering are placed all over Dwarven Country. I get things confused with Qusari's Lunastralis mod, whiich had the original Dwarven Country in it, but the important places to look are:

the cave in the hillside
the tavern
the church
the dwarf statue by the lake
the dwarf home on the north side of the map

Not all the items you find in those places will be used in the offering, but if you experiment a little the combination is fairly simple. Once you've created the offering and placed it in the brazier, a new tower appears close by. The tower cannot be climbed--there's an enormous carcass hanging from it and I and countless others tried to use the carcass as a ladder, which can't be done. The only way to the top of the tower is to put your party on top of the catapult, and let physics take over.

Regarding how you fought the king without entering the tomb, you may be the first player ever to discover that glitch. I'd never dream of trying to "REST" anywhere in the open in Dwarven Country!

infinity
05-12-2012, 11:20 PM
Are you talking about the Blackbelt of 5 flowers? I have that already, it's doing nothing for me other than great buffs for my ninja.

Herry Hardfoot
05-15-2012, 07:06 PM

Are you talking about the Blackbelt of 5 flowers? I have that already, it's doing nothing for me other than great buffs for my ninja.

I thought the original question was about getting into the Dwarven King's tomb.

infinity
05-15-2012, 10:40 PM
Right the question was how to get in the tomb but then it evolved to what ingredients were needed for the offering. So I'm stuck on what items are needed for the offering after having searched the area about 100 times.

Qusari
05-16-2012, 08:29 AM
Herry Hardfort postet the locations further above and here are the items:

Cornucopia + mortar = Powder o Glory
Myrhh + Powder o Glory = Powder of Glory and Fame
Mushroom + Powder of Glory and Fame = Mush
Mush + Zuzu Petals = Psychotropicum

Burn the Psychotropicum on the Hill

afterwards something will happen, you will see the place you have to reach ( several people rapported to have difficulties finding the solution, therefore I give directly a small spoiler)

You can not climb ,but have to fly, find something which flings you towards the goal

infinity
05-16-2012, 04:39 PM
I'm screwed then. I used that Powder of Glory and Fame as a weapon in a big fight. So its gone from my inventory and there is no way to re-acquire all those pieces. Can I skip this part? Do the mountains lead to other parts of the game otherwise in-accessible? How screwed am I?

Qusari
05-17-2012, 01:18 AM
Yes the path leads to a bossfight where you get an important quest item. That door has to be opend by any means ....

You are screwed but not that much. If you have a little patience you can solve the situation with the CF Cosmic Forge/editor.

It is not that complicated.

Download install Cosmic Forge (5minutes)

Start up Cosmic Forge = Setup at the top = Settings = choose your game installation path (browse)
Restart CF
Click on location editor
choose, Dwarven country (ID41)
go to dynamic object tab
in the list find = templargate08
a little to the right find the green arrows and move the door away (any direction is good, as long as you open the way)
after moving the gate go to file (upper left) apply changes save.
done.
Restart wiz 8 and you can play further

The whole procedure may take 10 minutes and is not hard to do.

Deal ?

townltu
05-17-2012, 02:44 AM
infinity
dont be confused if getting the Cosmic Forge started is somewhat different to Q`s description,
if you run CF the first time, it will automatically ask for the installation path of the game.

@Q
I could set the Powder of Glory`s [charges/amount type] in CF to "zero based, persistent",
or remove the instant death spell, what do you think?

"... and move the door away ...": how brute :D
less invasive: trigger activato1 with NPC script, preferably by RPC in this case,
or summoned mon which has temporarily a new NPC assigned
(this works as new summoned monsters dont exist in saves and their data appears to be loaded from scratch each time,
nice for instant testing in locations, but the summoned monsters death marks also the NPC as dead)

infinity
05-17-2012, 05:12 PM
Thanks a lot guys. I'll fix it with the CF editor then. Wish me luck :)

infinity
05-17-2012, 09:12 PM
Not the most elegant solution but it worked. Thanks for getting me out of that jam.

jaro69
05-25-2012, 01:02 PM
where do i find "sand" and how do i open the door i oasis please help me

Qusari
05-25-2012, 01:23 PM
you dont really need sand to proceed there, the sand is merely a pointer to a certain movie with some kind of INVISIBLE bridge ... if you look acrefully you may even see another kind of pointer in the circle.

the door at oasis ? you mean the gate in the temple ? if you carrefully oberve the anteroom you may notice some irregularity of some kind of niche, symmetralicy spoken.

townltu
05-25-2012, 01:32 PM
where do i find "sand" and how do i open the door i oasis please help me

Hi jaro69 and welcome on the board!

There is no sand in the mod.but any other item would also do
or look at the map, max enlarged,
the arrow on the ground points exactly at the invisible bridge

Door in oasis:
the room before the door is rather symmetric, check the differences.
where on the left is a niche, a stone plate covers a lever on the right

hth, else please ask again

jaro69
05-26-2012, 12:30 PM
thanx alot!!!!!!!!!!!! now i've got a problem with the coordinates for z'ant and how do i get into the pirate island????????????? the mod is super!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Herry Hardfoot
05-26-2012, 08:39 PM
thanx alot!!!!!!!!!!!! now i've got a problem with the coordinates for z'ant and how do i get into the pirate island????????????? the mod is super!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is a change to Z'ant's coordinates, which you can find in the crashed spaceship in Bayjin. The change is:
put -3 at the end of the usual coordinates

To get to Pirate Island you first have to complete Triton's quest (purifying the well in his palace and bringing a bottle of the purified water back to him), then
a ship appears at the docks in Arnika which will take you to Pirate Island

And I agree, this mod is fantastic! It's almost like playing an entirely new game.

jaro69
05-27-2012, 01:51 AM
cant seem to find the well,and how to free bela?

Qusari
05-27-2012, 03:59 AM
cant seem to find the well,and how to free bela?

The well is on a new location somewhere after Nessie, but beware to fetch first the needed quest item form lower monastery

and bela is on a new location after you will find after the mines tunnel, but you have to search for the entrance through the mines, if you find a huge bridge you got it

jaro69
05-27-2012, 12:01 PM
i've found bela but dont know how to free him,and on the pirate island i've hang the bell gave the capitain maps cannon came up and nothing happens???????????????and the coordinates dont work???????????????

Qusari
05-27-2012, 12:14 PM
Yes bela is incarcerated very much in the ice block. If there would only by a way to melt the ice ? maybe a flamethrower would help ?

The cannon need some special powder to go boooom, which can be bought very nearby.

The coordinated work all right, if you get them right. Normal coordinated with -3 at the end [face_thinking]

jaro69
05-28-2012, 09:01 AM
thank you!! so easy.[face_blush] but what are the passwords in arnika,pirate island,and for the fire quest???? how do get into the rift? this mod is really amazing gonna play it again and than lunas trails

zauria
05-28-2012, 10:20 AM
We need an actual walk through on a separate page for people that want to follow.

jaro69
05-28-2012, 03:19 PM
sorry for being so annoying but the idea for a walkthrough is great:)

Jadefang
05-28-2012, 03:46 PM
Arnika Password:
Remember the dead dwarf outside the beginning area? The password is in his note after you bury him.

Pirate Island Password:
Do a Google search on the question (no seriously, it works!)

Rapax Rift:
Get the idol from Marten's Bluff, then use it on the pedestal in the hornet area in the Mine Tunnels.

Not sure what you mean for the password in the fire quest.

jaro69
05-29-2012, 12:31 PM
i mean for the dead guy in the eastern wilderness,what are the flowerers for???level29 and iam stuck nothing to kill and nowwhere to go???

zauria
05-29-2012, 02:08 PM
Is Jack Leung still around? he did a fantastic Walk-through (10 years ago lol).

Qusari
05-29-2012, 02:40 PM
I d think we rather wait till reforged 1.2 comes out, probably quite some stuff will have changend. Then we can start on a walkthrough.

Qusari
05-29-2012, 02:44 PM
i mean for the dead guy in the eastern wilderness,what are the flowerers for???level29 and iam stuck nothing to kill and nowwhere to go???

The flowers are for a special"bonus" item they are not main quest relevant ..... in case you have found 5 you can try and merge them...a special order is needed...due to game mechanics.

So did you finally found bela ?

for the main quest you for instance have to find the Pirate Island, for this you have to bring an item from undersea Triton temple (fountain) to Arnika ...

another branch is to find 3 parts of a key and merge them, keep looking around you must have missed quite some stuff sofar.. no ? otheriwise describe to us your status and what you did sofar ...

Herry Hardfoot
05-29-2012, 08:45 PM
sorry for being so annoying but the idea for a walkthrough is great:)
When I first played this mod I had as many questions as you do. Fortunately for me most of the questions had already been asked and answered on the VN boards, which are now gone :( With these new boards it was inevitable that fresh players would have the same questions, and no resource available to look them up. I'm not sure how much you've done or where you're stuck, so I'll mention a bunch of stuff and maybe some of it will help you.
THE FOLLOWING IS ONE BIG LONG SPOILER:
new areas: 1) the Oasis on Arnika Road--critical item for making the sky disc/scepter
2) The Graveyard on Arnika-Trynton Road--new buildings/dungeons added. Also one of the braziers to be lit by the Holy Fire
3) The sea temple in Trynton--another critical item for the sky disc/scepter
4) The Swamp--another brazier for the Holy Fire, also a critical item for the sky disc/scepter
5) Southeast Wilderness--Rattkin and Don Barlone in a cave. Also a new basement in the ancient temple on the hill. Is this the dead guy and the fire password you were asking about? If so, you get the password by completing the monk's initiation quest--light the holy receptacle in the monastery, then light the braziers in the Graveyard and the Swamp. Finally light the brazier under the archangel statue in the Northern Wilderness, where you will receive nifty blessings and the password to get underneath the ancient temple in SE Wilderness. There's a must- have item down there.
6) Wilderness Clearing --a frog in hut gives you a quest that you don't have to do to finish the game, but will give you access to an area designed for players who love very difficult fights. Visit the frog before the Rapax move in, otherwise you lose your chance for the quest.
7) Umpani Base Camp--a new area behind a barrier of trees. One of the five flowers is in there, but no critical items.
8) Mine Road--lots of new stuff. A bridge to the Icelands (or whatever they're called) which you already know about. When you free Bela he flies off to a hut in the Mountain Wilderness. Also an elevator to Dwarven Country; one part of the Universal Key is there. On the lower part of the Mine Road there's a gap in the fence that leads to a swampy area and some ruins with many undead. You have to solve a puzzle there to open the gate to the Rapax Rift.
Continued...

Herry Hardfoot
05-29-2012, 09:02 PM
The giant spoiler list continues...
Mountain Wilderness--access to the Ninja Fortress, not essential but fun. A new cave system (talk to Anselm) where the Tronolith can be found, which you need to open the gate that leads to the Monastery beach, where one part of the Universal Key is.
Rapax Rift--the forge where you put together the two parts of the sky disc (also known as strange shards). Also one part of the Universal Key (talk to Al-Sedexus)

To move on to the endgame you need the following items:
1)the usual three artifacts (Destinae Dominus, Chaos Moliri, and Astral Dominae)
2) the sky disc and sky scepter
3) the universal key

I've run out of steam for the moment. If you're still stuck, just ask away! :)

jaro69
05-30-2012, 07:57 AM
i've got the universal key,killed sedaxus,everyone on the pirate island,need the item for pontifux,sanfaru,and chronos thing,and i only have half of the sky disc once again sorry for being so annoying

Herry Hardfoot
05-30-2012, 08:08 PM
i've got the universal key,killed sedaxus,everyone on the pirate island,need the item for pontifux,sanfaru,and chronos thing,and i only have half of the sky disc once again sorry for being so annoying
Snafaru's quest isn't needed to end the game, it's just a pleasant diversion. The book Snafaru is looking for is:
The Necronomicon, found in the new crypts in the graveyard
Pontifex is looking for the Cosmopolis. The way you find it is:
In Baron Englund's castle on Pirate Island, there is a gadget for destroying crystals. Take the gadget to the barbarian village (also on Pirate Island), and destroy the big green crystal. You may have to poke around the crystal a bit to find the trigger point. The drama that ensues will gain you the Cosmopolis.
To make and use the sky disc:

The sky disc has two parts. One is found in the pyramid in the Oasis, and the other is found in the small temple in the Swamp. Take the two parts to the statue of Phoonzang in the lava lake in the Rapax Rift, then click the parts on the statue to combine them into one piece. You also need the sky scepter, which is in the new temple area in Trynton. Take the sky disc and the sky scepter to Arnika, to the large monument where the Dark Savant's tower used to be in the vanilla game. Hang the sky disc on the pole and strike it with the sky scepter. A door opens on the western side of the field you're in. Enter the door and walk as far as you can.
To obtain Chronos:
There is a clock at the end of the path opened by the sky disc. Touch the clock with the Universal Key.

jaro69
05-31-2012, 07:31 AM
i've found the temple inthe swamp but there is no sky disc?

jaro69
05-31-2012, 07:32 AM
at least i think it's the temple opposite of where the steelhide aligator was?

jaro69
05-31-2012, 07:33 AM
i've got no idea how to open the door in the trynton area

jaro69
05-31-2012, 09:44 AM
solved the trynton area,cant fid the second part of the disc?

jaro69
05-31-2012, 09:46 AM
and now i have 2 cosmopolis?

townltu
05-31-2012, 11:09 AM
and now i have 2 cosmopolis?will be fixed with the update,
but is actually still "to do" as IMO of minor priority,
imagine you would have no Cosmo Polis at all ;)

btw, how did you obtain these two?
As far as i can see either your party was unable to protect an ally, or has even slain him.

jaro69
05-31-2012, 11:52 AM
igot one on the pirate island and the other one in pontifax room

jaro69
05-31-2012, 12:03 PM
correction igot a "broken" one at pirate island and a unbroken from pontifax and one from his secret room

Qusari
05-31-2012, 01:11 PM
correction igot a "broken" one at pirate island and a unbroken from pontifax and one from his secret room

do you remember excactly where and how you did find this ominous cosmo polis ? Please describe the place as accurate as possible
This is now the second time that a cosmo polis shows up where none should exist ......

Herry Hardfoot
05-31-2012, 01:47 PM
solved the trynton area,cant fid the second part of the disc?
Need more details...which half of the disc did you find?

townltu
05-31-2012, 02:07 PM
Qusari

do you remember excactly where and how you did find this ominous cosmo polis ? Please describe the place as accurate as possible
This is now the second time that a cosmo polis shows up where none should exist ......M_KIND20_000.mp3 ;)
"Pontifex`s secret room" is of course behind the door which is opened by Pontifex`s Key.
-> Zhothaqquaq, CP directly assigned and one of the 2 Ishnigarrabs (loot "Cosmo Polis")
The 2nd Ishni is on Pirate island. So i think we have three overall:D

jaro69
05-31-2012, 10:32 PM
i've fought pontifax got one from him and the fight in his secret room friendly dragon droped one

jaro69
05-31-2012, 10:34 PM
i got the disc from oasiss

jaro69
05-31-2012, 11:31 PM
sorry i replayed the fight with the dragon and i got one cosmo polis from the friendly dragon and one from the bad dragon,and than i refought saved the good dragon and got only one cosmo polis from the bad one

jaro69
06-01-2012, 08:37 AM
and i also have 2 astral dominae? still cant find the second disc?

rjstf
06-01-2012, 08:46 AM
It pays to closely read the item descriptions in this mod.

townltu
06-01-2012, 09:26 AM
It pays to closely read the item descriptions in this mod.Perhaps also check PC stats after equipping, some changes may not be precisely noted in item stats or description.

jaro69
06-01-2012, 01:21 PM
i've also fought a diferent way killed the goo dragon on pirate island got a unbroken cosmopolis went pontifax he didnt accept so i killed him went to his secret room killed bad dragon than the good one and now i have 3 cosmo polis. still cant find the second part of the sky disc

Qusari
06-01-2012, 01:29 PM
the other half is in the swamp, in the left corner before you enter Martens Bluff.

And you have to merge the parts with a kind of smithy .........to be found ....... in a kind of Rift

jaro69
06-02-2012, 01:20 PM
ok thank you very much ,now i'am on primary rocks and got a problem with the clocks went through the whole area found only two objects and placed them whwere they should be plus chronos what goes into the fourth one?nothing in my inventory fits there

townltu
06-02-2012, 01:31 PM
ok thank you very much ,now i'am on primary rocks and got a problem with the clocks went through the whole area found only two objects and placed them whwere they should be plus chronos what goes into the fourth one?nothing in my inventory fits thereYou probably did not go through the whole area but missed a teleporter.
I dont have the teleporter system present in mem, but Primary Rocks is also designed to be a braintwister.
It should help to mark the portals on the map incl "from" + "to" legend.

jaro69
06-03-2012, 08:50 AM
i got through it and thanks again but how do i open the door with yellow lasers in beyond arnika?

Qusari
06-03-2012, 09:13 AM
i got through it and thanks again but how do i open the door with yellow lasers in beyond arnika?

there is a simple red button nearby the computer console. Just for the record and because it is traditional I want to point out that this button is much bigger than the omnious one from the lunastralis mod [face_angel]

jaro69
06-03-2012, 12:42 PM
i've typed "open" one of the doors opened i can't find tha button you're talking about

Qusari
06-03-2012, 12:58 PM
Well if you go THROUGH the door which opened, then you find yourself again within a small corridor leadding straight forward.

Take carefully 3 steps forward 1-2-3, now your are standing right before a column, since you can not walk forward anymore, because the column stands in you way. You have excactly 2 possibilities, either turning right or left. Since obviously turning right does not make too much sense under given circumstances we wisely choose to turn left. Thats means a 90 degree turn to the left.

Now if everything was done correctly you face down the townhall, now walk forward, securely along the wall, which should be to your left. Walk down the hall till you stand right in front of a wall.

Yes the omnious yellow laser wall door you just have passed.

Now look to your right, assuming you are standing in front of the wall, that thing, shimmering there in a dull grey metal looks suspiciously like a computer console ?

To top it, there is even a yellow laser thing on the console ? which looks like the laser door ?

Okay now move directly in front of the console, look to the right of the yellow thing. There is a series of buttons inst it ? And isnt one of those buttons .......................... and I am talking here right about truly one single red button only ! Isnt there such a red button ?

The chief of the kitchen recommends to push it ....

jaro69
06-03-2012, 01:11 PM
oh my god so OBVIOUS that i can't believe i missed it sorry but ithink that i spoiled this game for many people tha will play it with so many of my stupid questions

jaro69
06-03-2012, 01:13 PM
but thax again this mod is AWSOME

jaro69
06-03-2012, 11:20 PM
what item do i need for the unicorn in the eastern wilderness area?

Jadefang
06-04-2012, 04:53 AM
what item do i need for the unicorn in the eastern wilderness area?

Consult the Book of Omnium Gatherum (the one located in the beginning area)

jaro69
06-04-2012, 05:55 AM
cant figure it out?

Jadefang
06-04-2012, 02:29 PM
cant figure it out?

It essentially says "Fairy Dust cures stone."

Horpner
06-05-2012, 06:13 AM
Is that what it means? Mine says: "Faerie M/R/D/L ust may be used to treat stoned condition."

Qusari
06-05-2012, 10:38 AM
I d assume it is the easiest approach to the situation..

= > Faerie Must may be used to treat stonend condition. It is probably not so easy to catch a Faerie, take her and rub her over the stone. You would need some good arguments to concinvce her to do that or some other not so friendly means.

= > Faerie Lust may be used to treat stoned condition. Hmmm this sounds like well ..... uhmm ....somehow sexually oriented. I dont want to go into further details and leave all kind of possibilities to your imagination, but this as solution, to the puzzle is somewhat unlikely ?

= > Faerie Dust may be used to treat stonend condition. Well I dont know since I have several bags of Faerie Dust in my inventory and also Faerie dust has normaly some great magic capabilities ..... one could try it ..... ?

= > Faerie Rust; probably quite hard to come by anyways. Since Faeries are mostly made (to my knowledge) of organic matter. It may be challenging to get Rust from a Faerie, even after putting her for 2 months into water .... or so ...

[face_silly]

Horpner
06-05-2012, 11:27 AM
It never occurred to me that the book was trying to form a complete sentence. I thought it was line noise followed by "ust may be used." This is an easy puzzle, assuming you realize it's a puzzle, and not just line noise. On the other hand, the possible existence of Faerie Lust has brightened my afternoon. It's probably more the result of a stoned condition than the cure, though. ;)

jaro69
06-05-2012, 12:52 PM
so i'am i savant city THANX TO YOU GUYS weird place kind a big trying to see whats going on superb mod

townltu
06-05-2012, 02:52 PM
I must admit that i totally misinterpreted "Faerie M/R/D/L ust may be used to treat stoned condition"
when reading it the first time during beta test,
i thought either Fairie Dust or the Book itself might be used to reverse the conditions caused by a "turn to stone" spell

I should add that since some years i hope to find out how to creat that spell, but its probably only a dream.
(Rather sure Alex Meduna, Alex Parlour, Steve Taylor, Chris Camfield or Andrew T Emmons could help,
so is anybody out there who knows one of them ?)
At least 2 peaces of circumstancial evidence indicate that it was intended to be integrated into Wiz8
("stoned" condition icons for Characters and monsters are already present, i think there are not much other rational explanations for that)

So i assumed Qusari had discovered/created the "turn to stone" spell,
but no success with the counterspell in a spell slot thats useable by PCs
and book or dust were simply the workaround.

When i found the stoned unicorn, it took a full round with all unusual not already "categorized" items
and a full rund with all in inventory, as i had already forgotten the books text,
but remembered it when the Fairie Dust did the thing.

As most already know the solution, shall i change it?
As far as i can see Lua could be used to require a randomly choosen item from a list of several hundred.
Would make spoilers nearly impossible, or extremely long :D

infinity
06-07-2012, 07:17 PM
SE Wilderness new dungeon. I fall threw the floor when walking down the stairs. Any clues ???

Qusari
06-08-2012, 10:22 AM
SE Wilderness new dungeon. I fall threw the floor when walking down the stairs. Any clues ???

Hi Could you describe a little bbit more which stairs ? Those directly after opening the wall ?

In theory everything shoud be okay there, several people have played this area through with no probs.

There are 2 things I can propose:

- Reinstall the mod, respectively unpack the archiv and recopy the files from Levels/connectivissue2/ southeastwilderness.pvl and southeastwilderness.oct into your installation folder.

- The other proposal is to install the Cosmic Forge editor and REBUILD the location. The only thing you would have to do after installing the CF is to open southeast wilderness go to BUILD => Rebuild All = save

very easy actually ...

no savegame will be impacted = savegame compatible

Herry Hardfoot
06-08-2012, 01:17 PM
When i found the stoned unicorn, it took a full round with all unusual not already "categorized" items
and a full rund with all in inventory, as i had already forgotten the books text,
but remembered it when the Fairie Dust did the thing.

As far as i can see Lua could be used to require a randomly choosen item from a list of several hundred.

I'm not sure if you're joking or serious, so I'll treat it as a serious suggestion...oh my god, please no! Trying out dozens (or hundreds) of different items to rescue the unicorn, while fending off fast-generating mobs? You get a reward for unstoning the unicorn, but it's not worth that much effort.

As a side note, someone mentioned before that the unicorn doesn't do anything. If you head up to the Temple immediately after freeing the unicorn, sometimes it will run along with you up to the courtyard. There is no practical help there, but watching a galloping rainbow unicorn is a beautiful sight.

townltu
06-08-2012, 03:43 PM

I'm not sure if you're joking or serious, so I'll treat it as a serious suggestion...oh my god, please no! Trying out dozens (or hundreds) of different items to rescue the unicorn, while fending off fast-generating mobs? You get a reward for unstoning the unicorn, but it's not worth that much effort. ...Pardon, i was just kidding.

infinity
06-09-2012, 12:25 AM
Thanks

infinity
06-09-2012, 04:59 PM
Is actually at the bottom of the stairs. The top of the ramp directly left of the Mural.

infinity
06-09-2012, 06:08 PM
Copying the files did the trick.

Horpner
06-14-2012, 07:39 AM
I'm in Triton's Temple, but the obvious way to use the Holy Fire to purify the water doesn't work. There are also some hidden items near the book/clamshell that I cannot reach, which might be related. Hints, please.

Edit: I just noticed that Nuucruul provides +20 Polearm skill. Probably should be +20 Staff & Wand instead or have the skill bonus removed.

townltu
06-14-2012, 09:20 AM
I'm in Triton's Temple, but the obvious way to use the Holy Fire to purify the water doesn't work.The holy fire is used somewhere else, you need the Hypotonicum.
as always just in case:D
Fill an empty bottle in the lower monastery with water from the well in the room with 6 coffins/Noxious Fumes trap to get the Hypotonicum.
Also you need to click the right area of the well in Tritons Temple

There are also some hidden items near the book/clamshell that I cannot reach, which might be related.Due to some missing physical walls the items drop down to the ground and are unreachable for players.
The items are nice but not crucial to proceed in game or "uber", think thats not too bad and you can proceed without worrying much
Will be fixed in 1.2.

Edit: I just noticed that Nuucruul provides +20 Polearm skill. Probably should be +20 Staff & Wand instead or have the skill bonus removed.
i know about that item, i must admit though my basic intention is to keep as much as is,
i am really tempted to reduce it, the +8 ac bonus is rather uber taking its early availability into account,
at least if the users other items compensate the mana drain,
or even more in the special case of RFS-81 who can neglect the -5STR and have 125 due to other items.

If the majority agrees i would mark it as unusable for androids (RFS as monk already has compensations in 1.2)
and change 50% of the Polearm skill bonus into +10Staff&Wands.
So if you like to play a close combat Wizard, thats a really nice thingie ;)
+10 polearm could be transformed into a small chance for a surprise, aka 1% kill (dont underestimate it!)

Horpner
06-14-2012, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the hint.

My inclination would be to make the staff usable by only Bishop, Alchemist, Mage, Priest and Psionic. But I didn't intend to question the "balance" of the Nuucruul; only that +Polearm is completely pointless on a Staff & Wand weapon. -2 SP justifies a lot of power, but yeah, using it on any Hybrid who doesn't cast spells makes that major disadvantage irrelevant. So outlawing it from hybrids seems to make sense.

wavydave
06-14-2012, 11:24 AM
Even with 100 Staff & Wand and 100 Close Combat, I don't find casters to be much use in combat. A monster with decent evasion won't get hit much by a caster - if they're equipped with a weapon with high paralyse/hex/insane etc, then they may be of some use.

The low strength and lack of critical strike for casters also means that when they do hit they don't hurt the enemy.

Horpner
06-21-2012, 09:08 AM
I've opened up the way to Ascension Peak, but I still haven't found the Arsonist, which is what I suspect is keeping me from getting the Destinae Dominus. I need a hint, please. I must've missed something easy along the way.

townltu
06-21-2012, 09:26 AM
I've opened up the way to Ascension Peak, but I still haven't found the Arsonist, which is what I suspect is keeping me from getting the Destinae Dominus. I need a hint, please. I must've missed something easy along the way.you find the culprit in Rapax Rift, last of the cells where the rapax skeletons are placed in vanilla Wiz8.
btw Barleone will give the hint during speak if not already hostile on 1st meeting, i think the keyword is "Inferno"

Horpner
06-21-2012, 10:07 AM
Excellent! Thanks. I wrote a note about Barlone's speech, but I didn't catch the hint about the identity of the killer. It was obvious it had to be a Rapax, but I missed the hint about "Infernal.". As it turns out, I needn't have bothered with catching the killer. Thanks to some Rattus that had attacked me a long time ago in the Wilderness Clearing, Don Barlone and company merely attacked me anyway.

JERICHO
06-26-2012, 03:21 AM
Stuck on the mine tunnels puzzle in the undead area after u use martyns stone and go through the gate. Smoked all the undead used merged soulstone on one crystal now what???? oh and whats that sword in the spike pit. Great mod by the way can not believe i'm still having fun with wizardry after all these years. Spoilers def welcome starting to get frustrated. Cheers.

townltu
06-26-2012, 04:09 AM
Stuck on the mine tunnels puzzle in the undead area after u use martyns stone and go through the gate. Smoked all the undead used merged soulstone on one crystal now what???? oh and whats that sword in the spike pit. Great mod by the way can not believe i'm still having fun with wizardry after all these years. Spoilers def welcome starting to get frustrated. Cheers.Hi and welcome!
You will find 3 crystals in mine tunnel area, each requires a Soulstone of Animation.
One is already complete, given to party in Tom Puppeteers maze of horrors (Arnika)
The 4 Fragments which merge to the other two Soulstones can be found on different Skeletons.
2 in mine tunnels, probably already used, the others in Northern Wilderness and Sout East Wilderness.

The sword is only decoration/just for fun

JERICHO
06-26-2012, 10:43 AM
Stuck on the mine tunnels puzzle in the undead area after u use martyns stone and go through the gate. Smoked all the undead used merged soulstone on one crystal now what???? oh and whats that sword in the spike pit. Great mod by the way can not believe i'm still having fun with wizardry after all these years. Spoilers def welcome starting to get frustrated. Cheers.Hi and welcome!
You will find 3 crystals in mine tunnel area, each requires a Soulstone of Animation.
One is already complete, given to party in Tom Puppeteers maze of horrors (Arnika)
The 4 Fragments which merge to the other two Soulstones can be found on different Skeletons.
2 in mine tunnels, probably already used, the others in Northern Wilderness and Sout East Wilderness.

The sword is only decoration/just for fun

JERICHO
06-26-2012, 10:52 AM
LOL just fightin with my girl she is way younger and a gamer but she does not see the appeal of wizardry. i have 2 stones(merged of anamation) i tried the 2nd one and it does not accept so wtf i still have a half but whats the point if it will not accept the second(bugger it i have to load it up and check not the special night with no distractions i promised i'm in so much trouble right now lol)

Horpner
06-27-2012, 07:17 AM
You can't use the second stone until you've done something pretty important.
I think you need to acquire the Cosmo Polis before the force field protecting the second crystal will be removed

Oh, and I never managed to get any of my real life gaming friends to give Wizardry 8 a real chance, even though they are all big RPG fans from the old days. I believe its appeal takes a fairly long time to take hold, and apparently it isn't for everyone. I've got my own blind spots, for example, I've tried to get into Baldur's Gate 2 a couple of times, but it just annoys me instead of impressing me.

townltu
06-27-2012, 11:37 AM
You can't use the second stone until you've done something pretty important.
I think you need to acquire the Cosmo Polis before the force field protecting the second crystal will be removedI am rather sure only the 3 Soulstones are required.
Actually an instant teleport from start new game to the location showed no flaws.
All crystals accepted their stones, both barriers disappeared as intended, with small earthquake for 2nd one.
And there is no NPC script inflicted in the skeleton area ;)

Oh, and I never managed to get any of my real life gaming friends to give Wizardry 8 a real chance, even though they are all big RPG fans from the old days.
I believe its appeal takes a fairly long time to take hold, and apparently it isn't for everyone.I never managed to "convince" a friend of mine to change from vanilla to the mods.
He plays since >10 years with always nearly the same party, not sure whether i should :) or :(
He started Lunastralis long time ago but did not like it, was "too different" from what he expected.

I've got my own blind spots, for example, I've tried to get into Baldur's Gate 2 a couple of times, but it just annoys me instead of impressing me.
I had some fun in BG2, too linear but some of the best figts in CRPG (with powered up bosses)

Horpner
06-27-2012, 01:11 PM
Damn, I guess I didn't pay close enough attention. I used the first soul stone before getting the Cosmo Polis, and the force field did not disappear. I'm not clear what did make it disappear, though.

I can report that it took me a long time before I figured out what way had opened to me when I used the second crystal, though.

Herry Hardfoot
06-27-2012, 01:16 PM
As it turns out, I needn't have bothered with catching the killer. Thanks to some Rattus that had attacked me a long time ago in the Wilderness Clearing, Don Barlone and company merely attacked me anyway.
If you present the arsonist's head to Chief Gari, he'll give you a reward.

Horpner
06-27-2012, 02:08 PM
Yeah, but you have to acquire the killer's head and and turn it in before exploring the Wilderness Clearing in order to be lucky enough to complete that quest. He drops the Helm of Serenity when he dies, so it's OK.

Herry Hardfoot
06-29-2012, 09:09 PM
Yeah, but you have to acquire the killer's head and and turn it in before exploring the Wilderness Clearing in order to be lucky enough to complete that quest. He drops the Helm of Serenity when he dies, so it's OK.
I usually acquire the head and give it to Chief Gari after the first exploration of the Wilderness Clearing. The trigger for the Rapax taking over the Clearing is when you acquire two of the artifacts (Astral Dominae, Destinae Dominus, and Chaos Moliri), same as in the vanilla game. The arsonist head quest has no effect on that, as far as I know.

townltu
06-30-2012, 02:30 AM
Yeah, but you have to acquire the killer's head and and turn it in before exploring the Wilderness Clearing in order to be lucky enough to complete that quest. He drops the Helm of Serenity when he dies, so it's OK.That conditionality is caused by the wrong faction of one of the rattkin renegades in the camp. Was not intended and willl be gone in 1.2.

I usually acquire the head and give it to Chief Gari after the first exploration of the Wilderness Clearing. The trigger for the Rapax taking over the Clearing is when you acquire two of the artifacts (Astral Dominae, Destinae Dominus, and Chaos Moliri), same as in the vanilla game. The arsonist head quest has no effect on that, as far as I know.The appearance of rapax away camp is also triggered by the fact FACT_RAPAX_AWAY_CAMP_EXISTS.
The fact is applied in the NPC scripts of Zant and Yamir when the party gets the "final mission" (to eleminate Umpani/Trang)
The 2nd artefact either sets the fact or uses another hardcoded mechanism.

However,
i am curious what happens if the party is in rapay away,
and NPC script commands steal the 2 artifacts + make the fact FACT_RAPAX_AWAY_CAP_EXISTS false :D

JERICHO
07-01-2012, 08:17 PM
Hi thanks for the help before. I have beaten every boss got every item now been at the door to accension peak for a couple of hours trying to solve the puzzle just about to give up and play something else can someone please spoil this puzzle answer for me. I loved the Baldurs gate series if u have not played it or not for a while try the big world project mod. It's awesome!

Qusari
07-02-2012, 01:04 AM
Hi thanks for the help before. I have beaten every boss got every item now been at the door to accension peak for a couple of hours trying to solve the puzzle just about to give up and play something else can someone please spoil this puzzle answer for me. I loved the Baldurs gate series if u have not played it or not for a while try the big world project mod. It's awesome!

Juhu

No reason to give up so very shortly before the end.

The answer to the riddle is related to the Cosmo Polis, the answer can also be found in a book in your house in Arnika

cosmopolitan

JERICHO
07-02-2012, 03:08 AM
Thanks mate. Was really enjoying this mod(aside from a few balancing issues, swozz beasty with body of stone just extends an already lengthy battle into just ludicrousness) But have been disappointed with the savant city! just a major grind and a puzzle that i have no idea nothing in my backpacks seems to work.
But all in all a great job tho i think i have wasted enough of my limited gaming time running around that bloody city looking for an answer, alas i think this will be the first wiz mod or game i did not finish as my interest has def gone.
Way to long in those bright city lights wandering in circles :)
Will prob try again in 6 mths or so as my gaming cycles seem to go maybe with an updated version of this mod.
Reading back on this i may have come across to negative on this mod this is not the case it made me rediscover my love for this old sirtech gem for that i thank you keep up the good work.

townltu
07-02-2012, 03:28 AM
... and a puzzle that i have no idea nothing in my backpacks seems to work. ...try the phoonzang power glove

Horpner
07-02-2012, 06:57 AM
Savant City's puzzles are not hard, though you need to read the Anselm robot's hints very carefully to avoid getting stuck as I did at first. But yes, the combination of wide-open spaces and monotonous parade of (eventually) boring robot fights is a low point.

wavydave
07-02-2012, 11:11 AM
I must admit that I found Savant City a bit of a problem also - the part with the Power Glove and the ZRAM still confuses me and I've completed the mod once, but can't remember how I did it!

I don't know if you're changing that area in 1.2 townltu, but it may be a good idea to see if it could be improved.

Horpner
07-02-2012, 11:34 AM
I might not remember it perfectly, but here's what I did. You can tell the terminals from the large blue translucent bubbles over them.

1. Use the Power Glove on the first terminal This makes Anselm appear. Talk to him and get his hints, and the ZRAM chip.
2. Proceed north to the next set of terminals. Click on the one terminal that functions. This will pop up a message saying something like, "The ZRAM interface is now operational."
3. Turn around and look northwestish or so to a nearby blue building. A couple little thingies will have popped up out of the ground that looks like tiny chairs or platforms. Click the ZRAM chip on the left one. A huge computer chip pops out of the ground or something.
4. Click a couple of times on the right chair/platform, until the computer chip stops moving.
5. Proceed north to the final terminal. Click on it, and fight the robot that appears.
6. This unlocks a big-ass teleporter that looks like a building. You can tell it's on because a thin ring floats up and down around it. I'm sorry I can't remember where this was.
7. Step into the building/teleporter. You are now basically done, just follow the chain of teleporters to the end.
8. Talk to the Dark Savant.
9. Die. :)

If I missed anything I can make an edit later.

townltu
07-02-2012, 01:33 PM
I must admit that I found Savant City a bit of a problem also - the part with the Power Glove and the ZRAM still confuses me and I've completed the mod once, but can't remember how I did it!

I don't know if you're changing that area in 1.2 townltu, but it may be a good idea to see if it could be improved.
Sorry but i will not touch much in SC:
1st) the basic intention to keep the mod as is, at least in the variant with choice "unmodified"
2nd) actually i have not the 100% overview on SC, would take too much time and either:
a) prevent other variations to be done in given time, or
b) cost additional time which i and you players would not like,

be aware that the real thing; aka the best mod ever; the one from the master himself, is also delayed by all that stuff.
On the other hand, i am glad about that,
think of all the cool new CF functions which would be missing in an already existing mod :D

9. Die. :)not quite sure what you mean;)
defeated DS 3 times, a):full party of 7; b):2 PCs and Myles;
c)1 PC and RFS-81/Myles who supported the PC but did not engage directly in combat.
(admittedly i would surely have lost without them)

Besides, i believe to recognize the cause for crashes reported in SC: pls check the 4 huge ram chips!
The green ones are 256mb 100mhz low density notebook ram, i have ~ dozen in various machines, e.g. TP240x,
(not sure whether somebody here realizes the implication ;)
so only from looking at it i realize the design flaw of the DS`s ram. Nobody else noticed it?
At least that will be changed in SC with the 1.2 update :D
And vision will be reduced from 4k to ~ 1.6k
And in case i get the switchable mongens "easily" working, some low poly enforcement stands "ready to use"
Hostile for those who did not choose "normal/no change" or "Easy",
respectively Friendly as enforcement for parties who selected the latter.
And i could imagine a appropriate shortcut for SC, which imo requires PM @Q

Horpner
07-03-2012, 06:44 AM
How do you deal with his Deranged Gaze?

My current party is bringing along a Psionic just for her immunity to that power, a tactic I've often used against the Soul Sucker in vanilla Iron Man games.

townltu
07-03-2012, 08:18 AM

My current party is bringing along a Psionic just for her immunity to that power, a tactic I've often used against the Soul Sucker in vanilla Iron Man games.
I made some incomplete comments on insanity: http://www.postcount.net/forum/showthread.php?12541-Finished-(with)-Reforged-1-1-for-the-first-time&p=203159&viewfull=1#post203159
I think there is no "one size fits all" recipe, a single psionic will not cover a full party of insanes,
a single insane PC could kill him if not fast enough and in 6th character slot

btw i always place the main casters into the first slots and the high dmg/kill_chance guys as last,
sequence of party members has perhaps up to 5% share for winning the really difficult combats,
also the resulting damage with same amount of SP /attacks varies with sequence of actions,
which itself is related to PCs slot position after a small move, not on personal initiative
(exept extreme speed values and/or snakespeed

My basic recipe is move away, if situation and the monster allows such behaviour,
makes no sense if they can follow and attack while your party only runs and gets damage/side fx
In that case, no place to retreat, or much more Insanity spells to expect, i neglect Insanity and fight (sending a prayer to madgod;)

If insecure about timing, aka chance of one caster to be killed before his Sane Mind,
i use several sane minds(if avail) on one character,
e.g. for "one dead: game over" up to 2 full power spells and 2 Rings of Sanity(each with PL3 = PL6)
If i play "champion or dead" respectively something like a "viking hero"(with final destination valhal)
things like insanity become irrelevant.
How would the log read with an entry:
... and in round 6 he allowed himself to get distracted by a level 2 spell ...

Horpner
07-03-2012, 08:41 AM
A Psionic can work, especially against the DS, since his Deranged Gaze is very difficult to resist. He got 6/8 of my party pretty much every time, and was usually lucky enough to nail the two Sane Mind casters. Psionics are great for their immunity, but also because it is easy and productive to get them close to the highest initiative in the party. Cheesing the system is probably called for, and I didn't do it because It seems like cheating. Either way, the guns I brought needed no ammo so I couldn't use the trick of locking them onto a gun or bow with no ammo. The DS's insanity lasts long enough for him to wipe out your party with his other spells if you try to walk/run it out.

dbpops
07-09-2012, 01:27 PM
Absolutely excellent remod, great work. I have been playing Wizardry since it began, waaaaaaaayyyyy back when. I have four questions that I need answered:

1. I have used the three stones to enter the Rift from the undead plateau only to find that I cannot access other areas from it. I cannot cross the lava chamber or open either of the two doors. I am assuming this area is the entrance to Rapax Castle?
2. The password in Arnika from the dead Dwarf's note. (dont have it)
3. How to access the trap door in the pool in my house in Arnika. (basement?)
4. What item is needed at the weakened crystals in the Barbarian court? (pirate's Island)

By the way, What’s that red jewel in a sea of gleam? was very good..........................

rjstf
07-09-2012, 01:52 PM
For #3, look very carefully in the adjacent bedroom, examining all angles.

townltu
07-09-2012, 02:34 PM
... I have four questions that I need answered:
First let me welcome you on the board!

1. : The rapax areas are closed, you should not be able to access them from Reforged 1.1 on
(in 1.0 it was still possible, as a teleporter had not been removed;)
Not quite sure abot the lava chamber, you probably refer to the small passage near the pillar which collapses on touch?
If so you probably dont have the "rapax rift patch" applied,
i think http://www.zimlab.com/wizardry/wiz8mods.htm has all available patches.
Pls note, like also mentioned in the "NPC database fix" readme
The changes in NPC database make savegames incompatible,
apply this patch only before starting a new run through the game!
All other patches dont create interferences and may be applied during a run through game.

"Either of the 2 doors"
Not precise idea which, the "Rift Key door" is, afaik, still as usual. Else pls specify which door.

2. - 4. :
2.: Password is "Black Market"
3.: you already got a hint, in case insufficient:lever between bed and small cabinet, button on right side of the table with mirrror.
4.: The Ultrasonic Generator

Qusari
07-10-2012, 01:32 AM
Absolutely excellent remod, great work. I have been playing Wizardry since it began, waaaaaaaayyyyy back when. I have four questions that I need answered:

1. I have used the three stones to enter the Rift from the undead plateau only to find that I cannot access other areas from it. I cannot cross the By the way, What’s that red jewel in a sea of gleam? was very good..........................

Yes the rapax rift patch should solve this problem.

For the puzzle question

strawberry

There are some of this plants in a corner of the first island as a hint

dbpops
07-10-2012, 02:06 PM
1. : The rapax areas are closed, you should not be able to access them from Reforged 1.1 on

Then I :
1. cannot proceed to the end game because of this?
2. just bypass the Rapax Rift area and proceed?

Is there an entrance other than this one?

What is "the wheel of life?

Thanks as always, can't say it enough, great job......................

Qusari
07-10-2012, 02:31 PM
There are several things to do on the Rapax rift location / 2 strings of main quest and a side quest. If you installed the Rapax Rift patch you should be able to move around freely on Rapax Rift location and also be able to open the door to mountain wilderness for instance.

The other Rapax areas are sealed off in this mod, but of course those locations are substituted with new other locations and you can of course finish the full game. There is still alot of new and interesting stuff ahead.

Hmmm well; can you maybe say more about the wheel of life ? Where do you encounter it in what context ? Probably I have forgoten it meanwhile it does not ring a bell at the moment...

townltu
07-10-2012, 03:03 PM
Then I :
1. cannot proceed to the end game because of this?the teleporter to Savant Tower is found at another place

2. just bypass the Rapax Rift area and proceed?The rift contains "things" to be done which are required to end the game.
And Ferros shop ;)

Is there an entrance other than this one?not quite sure what you mean, the rifts old entrance may be opened from insde,
and tower has been mentioned

What is "the wheel of life?Answer was given in capital letters on completion of the initiation quest:from the womb to the tomb
It may be a good idea to note everything in this mod which is written in capitals.

btw. i will keep this in the update, also for the changed riddles
(the old are already too well known, and it will also keep the spoiler threads alive;)
But dont expect such mercy in my own mod :D

dbpops
07-23-2012, 08:04 AM
[QUOTE=dbpops]Then I :
1. cannot proceed to the end game because of this?the teleporter to Savant Tower is found at another place

2. just bypass the Rapax Rift area and proceed?The rift contains "things" to be done which are required to end the game.
And Ferros shop ;)

Since I cannot install the rift patch and continue with my save games, I decided to reinstall and start over from scratch. This second time through seems very pleasantly more interesting. It is hard to put down and find a stopping point. I have to hand it to you, this Reforged 1.1 could not have been any better constructed. The difficulty level is not at all too bad, and certainly it is not too easy. It has a lot to do how you level your skills and stats. The expansion of the "modern weapons" skill was very good. I am thoroughly enjoying this second time through. CUDOS

1. Will the 1.2 version be seamless to the 1.1 version without re installing?

2. in Trynton dungeon lever puzzle, what is the proper setting? (from left to right) up-up up-up up-up

3. Thanks for taking time to assist with answers in needed areas.

Horpner
07-23-2012, 08:43 AM
Re-examine the wine-barrel room, and use Google to get a translation of that Latin message you found.

Herry Hardfoot
07-23-2012, 10:27 PM
Is there any use for the "forbidden fruit" found at the beginning of the game (apart from curing insanity)?

Horpner
07-24-2012, 06:29 AM
The Cosmic Forge reveals you can give it to two of the new NPC's: Zed Zedicus for a good reward, or Ferrero Roche for something senseless.

dbpops
07-24-2012, 09:53 AM
Thanks Hopner, hidden in plain sight...............

dbpops
07-24-2012, 01:47 PM
What is "life minus life" referring to in Trenton on the island?......thanks

rjstf
07-24-2012, 01:58 PM
In my second time going through the graveyard, I'm wondering if I've forgotten something. I completed the vanilla portion and have been in both the two new buildings. I defeated the Martyr, but other than the Gazer Crystal of Death I've discovered nothing significant. Isn't there supposed to be something about the Necromani there?

Horpner
07-25-2012, 06:38 AM
Once you find the "life minus life" item, it is terribly obvious which it is. You can't figure it out simply because you haven't found it yet.

Strangely enough, your difficulties are related to rjstf's. Go back to the tombs near the graveyard and look for a pull-chain or a switch that you might have missed, then try more of the teleporters/floating skull things.

If you can't get into the tombs, then look for a single rune on a tombstone on the west side of the central crypt. Activating it will open the crypt, and further progress will be possible.

rjstf
07-25-2012, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the hints. I had discovered the chain, but had not gone through the right teleporter. My first time through, I never discovered this area. I also never figured out the life minus life puzzle. I'm glad to experience new things in the mod.

rjstf
07-25-2012, 05:15 PM
Now again this second time through I've encountered Don Barlone when hostile because I battled the turncoat Rattkin in the Wilderness Clearing. I believe the first time I was able to acquire the Astral Dominae, but this time I only got the fake version. I think this was an object of discussion back in the old boards. Was that my only opportunity to get the AD?

Horpner
07-26-2012, 06:30 AM
Don Barlone drops something really important, but not the Astral Dominae. You'll get it elsewhere.

infinity
08-02-2012, 06:36 PM

The Deranged Gaze spell has a range of "thrown". So just shoot him. He won't move towards you he will just stay put and cast other spells which hurt a lot but nothing a couple dedicated healers in your party can't handle :)

dbpops
08-08-2012, 07:48 AM
Is there an entrance other than this one?not quite sure what you mean, the rifts old entrance may be opened from insde,
and tower has been mentioned

Got into the rift saw Ferro, forged the Skydisk, Talked to Al Sedexus and defeated her children, got two of the three keys. Now where do I need to go and do what? I am stymied........thanks

townltu
08-08-2012, 12:12 PM
The Deranged Gaze spell has a range of "thrown". So just shoot him. He won't move towards you he will just stay put and cast other spells which hurt a lot but nothing a couple dedicated healers in your party can't handle :)Schazzyboy had some issues, afair all his attacks were assigned as melee with long range,
probably the game mechanics resisted to use them as long as there were options like the gaze.
Now he has 2 different melee and a ranged attack assigned.

Regarding "He won`t move towards you"
Did you notice it repeteadly, has anybody else experienced it?
I could nor recognize such behaviour, think 15-20 times, mostly because i instantly charged up,
but i believe to remember that he followed 2 or 3 times when insanity forced to move the action points away.

dbpops
which 2 of the 3 keys? (chaos, life or knowledge, the latter one is dropped by the Al Sedex child "Pyromon")

dbpops
08-09-2012, 09:56 AM
dbpops
which 2 of the 3 keys? (chaos, life or knowledge, the latter one is dropped by the Al Sedex child "Pyromon")[/QUOTE]

Thanks Townltu, it was the Choas Key needed. I went to the lower Monestary and defeated the Giant mite. Now I am rolling again. So far I have not seen anything that was too strong that couldn't be killed with the proper level and strategy. The vanilla encounters in higher levels are sometimes frusterating. All in all, an excellent job has been done with this Mod. When the new mod is released, will it be somewhat different from this one?............................thanks for a job well done

infinity
08-12-2012, 12:15 AM
Well, I assumed the range was "throw" because when I stood in a certain spot he never gazed. I just engaged combat from that particular spot in the room and we traded spells and modern weapons fire for about 20 rounds. I played through the mod twice and both times this little trick worked. He would just stand in his original spot and bomb away with other spells but no gaze.

Qusari
09-03-2012, 12:00 PM
On how to get to the lower part of the lower monastery

....My party is around level 25 now and I've got the Sky Disc and Sceptre, as well as two out of the three Universal Keys. I also have the Vortex Key and Tronolith but I'm a little stuck as to where to go next. I'm assuming I need to get into the areas behind the gates in the lower monastery but I have no idea how. Can anyone give me any tips/advice?

Answer:

To have the vortex key, your party already must have been in the room where you can get access
to the "sealed" part of Lower Monastery.

trigger the trapdoor in the "Safe Key Room" deliberately

Jadefang
09-10-2012, 02:55 AM
Random question I actually been wondering now.

In the starter dungeon, in the hallway with the crank that opens the shortcut gate, there's a door that can't be interacted with. Can this door actually be opened in any way?

townltu
09-10-2012, 03:58 AM

In the starter dungeon, in the hallway with the crank that opens the shortcut gate, there's a door that can't be interacted with. Can this door actually be opened in any way?

yes,in the same hallway look for a secret door, behind it (and a spider web, > silk!) you will find the opening mechanism

Jadefang
09-10-2012, 04:24 PM

yes,in the same hallway look for a secret door, behind it (and a spider web, > silk!) you will find the opening mechanism

Oh nice, that was pretty tricky to find. Thanks!

DeadlyJake
09-14-2012, 05:46 AM
I have a problem in a dungeon, at the beginning. I already found a map and gave it to the guy, he gave me 10k(?) experience and... nothing else happened. What should I do to continue exploring this dungeon? (I looked at the map with Cosmic Forge and it looks much bigger). The portal upstairs is still inactive.

Erkilmarl
09-14-2012, 12:16 PM
You continue exploring the dungeon if you haven't completed it yet. You will meet this guy much later in the game. Just now I can't remember the solution for the upstairs but I think it is in the vicinity and I don't recall anything important being found there.

townltu
09-14-2012, 01:13 PM
I have a problem in a dungeon, at the beginning. I already found a map and gave it to the guy, he gave me 10k(?) experience and... nothing else happened. What should I do to continue exploring this dungeon? (I looked at the map with Cosmic Forge and it looks much bigger). The portal upstairs is still inactive.
As far as i can see thats exactly like it is intended to be,The "portal" upstairs is only a message,
there is no teleporter in the part of the dungeon where your party actually is (entrance Father Pontifex building)
Classic dungeons and big parts of added dungeon terrain are also not accessable
the dungeon was, as far as i know, basically only added to allow non-import parties to build up some skills and lvls
i think Q created Brunatz and also Murkatos mainly to add some variety to the dungeon, btw imo succesful,
but not as big part of the story.

p.s. + btw:
The Soul Warden has no hostiles near, besides that a party below lvl 30 will find it >99% impossible to kill her with strays.
Brunatz is the first "cannot be fought with" encounter in this mod where party has a real chance to kill it with strayed fire,
one of my favourite spcls in Wiz8 is to get them all in one run.

So i am really sorry to tell that you already failed to reach the ultimate triumph http://www.postcount.net/forum/images/smilies/VN/4.gif

Herry Hardfoot
09-18-2012, 06:46 PM
Speaking of doors that can't be opened, how about the one in Father Pontifex's entry hall, the one in the northwest corner next to the healing pool? Is it an unused feature, or a puzzle to figure out?

townltu
09-19-2012, 08:36 AM
Speaking of doors that can't be opened, how about the one in Father Pontifex's entry hall, the one in the northwest corner next to the healing pool? Is it an unused feature, or a puzzle to figure out?
That wasnt the only place where i asked myself the same, when going through the beta test,
but there is nothing about it, no door/passage or distration/hint for another thingie nearby,
perhaps except the symmetric reference to the "specific item required" door on the other side.

Herry Hardfoot
09-19-2012, 06:07 PM
The word of "the master" is good enough for me. I'm a bit obsessive about solving every tiny mystery in the mod. Of course, when version 1.2 comes out, there will be a whole new set of conundrums I'm sure.

jaro69
09-20-2012, 11:43 AM
playing the game again! and i've got a question-before you go into umpani territory there is a building is there anyway to go inside?

wavydave
09-20-2012, 11:49 AM
No - that building near the bridge is just decoration - I think Q had plans, but it was left unfinished.

townltu
09-21-2012, 03:49 PM
that building near the bridge
i thought about adding a classic bridge toll scenario, but its rather difficult to synchronize the corresponding part in Umpani base camp,
it can be seen before the party enters the teleporter to Northern wilderness,
and the teleporter cant be shifted without risk that the party arrives in sight of wandering monsters,
which was, as far as i can see, always avoided in vanilla.
Same effect if wandering monsters have very high senses,
which rises perception above the distance from last waypoints to teleporter arrivals.

jaro69
09-25-2012, 08:25 AM
forgot! where do i get the invitation letter?

Qusari
09-25-2012, 11:03 AM
forgot! where do i get the invitation letter?

You find it in a hut in Arnika in a staple of books. The hut is on the left side of Arnika near the broken wall ...

Gery1995
10-27-2012, 08:57 AM
Hi! I completed Trinton's quest, but the ship to Pirate Island isn't appears in Arnika... What should I do??:O

Qusari
10-27-2012, 11:18 AM
Hi! I completed Trinton's quest, but the ship to Pirate Island isn't appears in Arnika... What should I do??:O

If you did it right..... (filled a new bottle from the purified fountain in the underwater temple) then all you have to do is to speak to Triton in Arnika/harbour. You will get rewards and the ship should show up just outside the Arnika water temple

Gery1995
10-28-2012, 12:22 AM
yes, i did it... I spoke to Triton and gave him the bottle. But it doesn't appear....

townltu
10-28-2012, 04:13 PM
I completed Trinton's quest, but the ship to Pirate Island isn't appears in Arnika...

... I spoke to Triton and gave him the bottle. But it doesn't appear....

When you speak to Triton and receive the 100000 Exp points,
the appearance of the boat is triggered in the same block, it cant be interrupted with escape during NPC interaction.
(not quite sure about saving/quicksave!)
But it will require the injection, in opposition to the Exp reward.

I think most probably reason is that the injection does not work,
or a yet unknown flaw of NPC database (btw, do you play 1.1, and if so with the NPC database fix?)
it could also be caused, but rather unlikely, by a flaw in the Arnika level files or even the hardware.

I recommend to check the logfile CF5450Agent.log in your Wiz8 install folder 1st,
and post the content here.

You can also dld and use the injection files from latest version of Cosmic Forge Editor (http://mad-god.webs.com/cosmicforge.htm),
as they show on the main menu screen whether injection and/or LUA scripting is working or not.
(LUA is not required for versions 1.0 and 1.1 of the Reforged Mod!)

Gery1995
10-29-2012, 02:18 AM
I downloaded the latest version of cosmic forge editor... as i know, i have to restart the game to make the changes work. so what should i do now?:D

Gery1995
10-29-2012, 04:12 AM
I made it:D Cosmic forge editor works well:D Thank you!:)

Gery1995
10-30-2012, 03:26 AM
In the graveyard, when the trynnie dies, and the burning thing appears around me, what is the specific item?

Herry Hardfoot
11-03-2012, 08:18 PM
In the graveyard, when the trynnie dies, and the burning thing appears around me, what is the specific item?

If you mean how do you get out of the circle of fire, use the skull of doom on one of the fence posts

Zanderat
11-13-2012, 09:43 PM
Has the bit with the bank cards been removed? The cards are not there where they used to be. I tried pick pocketing Antone with no luck, so that isn't it. ????

wavydave
11-14-2012, 03:57 AM
The cards are still in Arnika, but have been moved.

I think Antone's and Anna's are still in the same buildings.

He'Li's card is in a different building.

Zanderat
11-14-2012, 05:17 AM
Thanks. I need Bloodlust for my Bard.........

townltu
11-14-2012, 05:30 AM
Thanks. I need Bloodlust for my Bard.........

There are some changes in the mod,
it may even be counterproductive to expect things to be like they have been in vanilla Wiz8.

Zanderat
11-14-2012, 06:50 AM
..as I am finding out..... ;)

Rochndil
11-19-2012, 12:09 PM
Greetings!

This may be a stupid question, but I ran into a brick wall with two of the minor quests in the mod. I know that you need to use Fairy Dust to de-stone the unicorn, and a chainsaw to cut down the trees near the Umpani base, but HOW do you use a combat item out of combat, let alone on an (effectively) inamimate object? I made a work-around by changing both items in the Forge to type "key," which seemed to work without causing any issues, but I'd like to know if there is a better way. It's probably something obvious I'm missing.

Rochndil, who still thinks Wizardry 8 is the finest CRPG ever made...

wavydave
11-20-2012, 04:47 AM
Welcome Rochndil!

The easiest way is to just click on the item in your inventory then press Esc to exit inventory -the item should be 'stuck' to your mouse pointer. Then just click on the object to activate.

Zanderat
11-21-2012, 05:47 AM
Tips to beating The Martyr? He seems fairly invincible. Immune to most spells and able to doge melee attacks, with a high HP. I am at the point of going to Novice level to get by him! Thanks.

townltu
11-21-2012, 07:06 AM
Tips to beating The Martyr? He seems fairly invincible. Immune to most spells and able to doge melee attacks, with a high HP. I am at the point of going to Novice level to get by him! Thanks.
I think he has no "decisive" weakness, so i cant give specific tips to beat him, except a stronger party.
His evasion is good, only the additional bonus from their lvls will help your PCs
if their weapon skills are already at max and supported with spells, i.e. superman, haste, bless, stamina...
The Martyr is not unique, later you will meet more monsters with high evasion and spell immunity,
so it may not be the best idea to

Of course we players like to proceed asap instead of making several levels only to win a specific encouter
Althogh generally not recommendable you can avoid this encounter ... i think you need a chameleon speed to evade without exploiting game mechanics

Qusari
The encouters whole layout suggest that you intended to make it avoidable, is this correct?
Else i would not mind to make it harder :D

Qusari
11-21-2012, 10:08 AM
Yes the martyr can be avoided: it is a non critical monster

I have put him there as a " test " monster for your party strength..... like if you are not able to beat him you will for sure not be able the boss in this area anyway.

Also looked at this stats they are not that high, so most likely your party has to gain 1-2 levels to beat him.

Personally I dont mind leveling up my party and come back to stronger monster later again, for me this is a part of the excitment in fantasy games (if it does not happen too often)

Zanderat
11-21-2012, 11:59 AM
Changed my tactics. Buffed my fighter and went all melee on him. Down he went................

Aves
11-23-2012, 05:10 AM
So me again. Another question. To get the tronolith i have to get into the cave behind anselm. Now my first thought was that i have to activae the rune circle in the montain wilderness and then insert maybe a longsword ;). Well that did not work so I tried plenty of other weapons and nothing hit the spot. So I might need a small hint :)

Jadefang
11-23-2012, 05:21 AM
So me again. Another question. To get the tronolith i have to get into the cave behind anselm. Now my first thought was that i have to activae the rune circle in the montain wilderness and then insert maybe a longsword ;). Well that did not work so I tried plenty of other weapons and nothing hit the spot. So I might need a small hint :)

An item that Anselm himself had given you earlier, possibly...?

Aves
11-23-2012, 05:23 AM
Hmmm the last time i spoke to anselm was a very long time ago... would be good to know what he gave me back than :P

Aves
11-23-2012, 05:49 AM
Hmmm the last time i spoke to anselm was a very long time ago... would be good to know what he gave me back than :P

Got it. I sold the sword.... Now i have to look for all the vendors YAY.

acqsen
11-23-2012, 07:53 AM
How do you kill the rapax assasin for Z'ant.
Found the dummy but it does not accept perfume.

townltu
11-23-2012, 09:02 AM
How do you kill the rapax assasin for Z'ant.
Found the dummy but it does not accept perfume.
If this means that you found the dummy on the roof, it wont accept the perfume there.

If this means that you pulled the lever, the dummy dropped down, you tried to use the perfume but received the messaage
"a specific item is required" something is screwed up.
Else try at a different spot, although i guess you already did.

Did you get the sword back?
Its not marked to stay in shops and will disappear after some time.

acqsen
11-23-2012, 10:06 AM
*lever* ouch. Forgot about that lever. sory and thx for q. answer

Aves
11-25-2012, 08:14 AM
Did you get the sword back?
Its not marked to stay in shops and will disappear after some time.[/QUOTE]

Cosmic forged it into another shop ;) Ferro already got rid of my rune sword in his shop.

Adayy
12-03-2012, 10:01 AM
I'd have a few questions(probably will have some more later but it will do it for now).

1.At the cemetery at tínton-arnika road....only the skull of doom if obtainable(excluding ordinary stuff) or there are other interesting stuff and placed......like where is the secret dungeon that there was in vanilia....and if its there how to open it?

2.In trynton what does grimoir want(life minus life)?

3.I know i'll need flamethrower in the ice land, but i sold the only one i had -.-.....where can i find/buy one for sure?

4.I stucked at the ice area when you have to jump down in a pit push a button kill a frost wright getting winter salt.There is a crack, i tried every "specific item" i had,but none of them worked, what item does it need and where can i find it.

Agian,its an awesome mod and thank you for your answers in andvance. [face_clap]

wavydave
12-03-2012, 11:49 AM
Welcome to the board Adayy!

Hints or spoilers?...I'll try hints, but come back if you need more.

1. The dungeon is no longer there, but there should be a rune to press and later a chain to pull.

2. What's another word for minus? Give that item to him.

3. You will find one when you need it.

4. Good puzzle. Try finding another clickable place in the pit - you'll find the item you need.

Adayy
12-04-2012, 09:25 AM
Welcome to the board Adayy!

Hints or spoilers?...I'll try hints, but come back if you need more.

1. The dungeon is no longer there, but there should be a rune to press and later a chain to pull.

2. What's another word for minus? Give that item to him.

3. You will find one when you need it.

4. Good puzzle. Try finding another clickable place in the pit - you'll find the item you need.

Thank you wavydave, but i'll need exact answers - spoilers -. And tell me how to write in spoilers (when you need to click to see it) cos i didn't find on the menu :D.

wavydave
12-04-2012, 11:02 AM
OK here we go...

1. In the cemetery area where you fight the Martyr, there's a chain to pull which gives you access to the 3rd teleporter in the crypt area.

2. Life Substract.

3. The Flamethrower you need is in a chest right by where you use it.

4. Select the salt and use it on the clickable icicle. Use the small icicles in the crack.

Hit the 'Reply With Quote' option to see how spoilers are written - you're right, there's no obvious way to find out otherwise.

Adayy
12-04-2012, 01:03 PM
OK here we go...

1. In the cemetery area where you fight the Martyr, there's a chain to pull which gives you access to the 3rd teleporter in the crypt area.

2. Life Substract.

3. The Flamethrower you need is in a chest right by where you use it.

4. Select the salt and use it on the clickable icicle. Use the small icicles in the crack.

Hit the 'Reply With Quote' option to see how spoilers are written - you're right, there's no obvious way to find out otherwise.

Thx agian wavydave (y).

The necromani vanguard looks soooo awesome,best creautre so far in the game and i also love all the occult reference in the game how it starts and all the spiritual things :D,the weapon in the third area for RFS is terribly awesome.
I don't know if the 4th thing you told me will work cos i'm kind of far from it,i try to defeat the 3 death lords at marten's(oh my god it a lot difficultier now,i hate that i have magic screen+element shield+soul shield and those motherf**kers still kill my bishops-.- with maxed resistances) but when i'll defeat them i'll go back,but if you cold post some pics that would defeniatly help cos i'm afraid i won't find what you said cos i tried to click everything -.-'.

Adayy
12-05-2012, 01:01 PM
Me Agian,mountain wilderness owed the golems but can't get to the crystal....in the middel there's no bridge or anything, a message opos up somewhere - where is sand when you need it - what to do ? :P

townltu
12-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Me Agian,mountain wilderness owed the golems but can't get to the crystal....in the middel there's no bridge or anything, a message opos up somewhere - where is sand when you need it - what to do ? :P
The message (and more) is probably a reference to an Indiana Jones film,
but its not required to watch the movie, it should serve if you hit the [Tab] key and take a close look at the map
optionally here or in similar scenarios it may help if you drop items to use them as a kind of echo sounder/sonar

... how to write in spoilers ...
on the bottom of this page, in section "Posting Permissions", right column, click on [BB Code]
It will bring up a brief explanation on different bbcodes available on this board,
The spoiler function is explained as 2nd last, bottom of that page.

Adayy
12-06-2012, 09:09 AM
okay got it (y) thx agian :D

Zanderat
12-06-2012, 10:14 AM
Curious. Was there ever a walk through written for Reforged?

Adayy
12-06-2012, 11:38 AM
nope....as far as i know, but the mod's creator is here (and some others as well) to answet (y).....so here are some new questions :D

how to defeat bombegard(huge spider thing at lower monastery, what lvl required, items that could make the fight easier etc/ my current party was 18 lvl 2 fighter with powerful maces and some other powerful charters,and they were owned by the damnded thing :D)?

what book the robot wants in anrnika what is it called and where can i find it?

is there anything that can be done with the cats(like giving them fish) if so what do they need?

what is the 3 universal key and where can they be found that the final fantasy like female charter(wich is awesomely done) asks for?

i solwed the lighthouse and the "cure-the-well-for-the-rinjin-guy-in-arnika"(hypotiomipotion) and the green fungus for the alchemist, but they still appaer as unsolved(white) and i didn't get anything exect for the lighthouse (10k xp i think) what can be done ? pls help(agian ^^)

Adayy
12-06-2012, 01:10 PM
*somemore* what to do in marten tomb(getting of his helmet or what? and what do i need to do that)?

is the only way to enter the rapax territory is trough the mining tunnels in the new area?

there are 2 new ares in the mining tunnels trough the cart one is the ice land and what is the other one, and can someone tell me how are the switech work actually cos i forgot and got the new are by chance and luck -.- ?

Adayy
12-07-2012, 02:46 PM
me agian :D....soulstones of animations...i have 2 of them i used them where they needed,but the guy in arnika , the rapax ....there is a force field how can i get in ?

how to get in to rapax rifht(got trynton idol put it to its place but the gate was closed)

where is the shaman?(still need mystery potion and zulu petle and where to find the zulu petle)ű

where can spellbook be bought(there was a HUGE selection in the vanilia,now i have only the most important ones via lvl up)

can i ask even more if i stuck or should i stop ? :D

townltu
12-08-2012, 06:26 AM
Curious. Was there ever a walk through written for Reforged?
No, at least as far as i know,
i discovered a roadmap from Q in the 0.9/0.91 version for beta testing, after i had already done at least 75%,
but i think it only showed the recommended sequence for the locations,
which has become partially obsolete with the changes from 1.0 to 1.1.

It will become somewhat difficult to write a detailed walk for 1.2
because of the different impacts of player selection for combat and riddle difficulty,
if any is chosen it has impact on encounter composition and riddles,
so one would have to play all variations for a "complete" walk.
But i can reassure you that key items and plotline is generally the same for all versions.

how to defeat bombegard(huge spider thing at lower monastery, what lvl required, items that could make the fight easier etc/ my current party was 18 lvl 2 fighter with powerful maces and some other powerful charters,and they were owned by the damnded thing :D)?
i recommend a party of 6 to have at least an avg lvl of 25 before attempting to defeat Brombadeg in an open fight without exploits.

what book the robot wants in anrnika what is it called and where can i find it?
mentioned book, written by abdul alhazred, is called Kitab al Azif.
If this does not already tell you something, i strongly recommend to read h p lovecraft, or the Necronomicon
btw, my wizards would never give that book away.
Even not to someone whos name is Snafaru ;)

is there anything that can be done with the cats(like giving them fish) if so what do they need?
they are only decoration, like the dobermans.
I could make them more interactive, at least teach them how to fight.
but you would certainly not like that :D

what is the 3 universal key and where can they be found that the final fantasy like female charter(wich is awesomely done) asks for?
the universal keyyou have to combine 3 keys, knowledge life and chaos, to get the universal key
just play on and you will find them, its nearly impossible to miss them.

regarding "female character anim", i would say it has some... err, had some flaws ;)

i solwed the lighthouse and the "cure-the-well-for-the-rinjin-guy-in-arnika"(hypotiomipotion) and the green fungus for the alchemist, but they still appaer as unsolved(white) and i didn't get anything exect for the lighthouse (10k xp i think) what can be done ? pls help(agian ^^)
i think 10k xp are more than enough for , hmm, "taking" a lightbulb and delivering it to a rather close destination in a rather "safe" area.
The reward for the hypotonicum quest will be given by Triton/the Rynjin like monster
when you give it to him, i think you get XP and as additional "reward" the boat will appear.

Hint: you will need an Invitation Card if you go by boat.
Btw, pls note that the boat will stay there if you teleport back!

*somemore* what to do in marten tomb(getting of his helmet or what? and what do i need to do that)?
Well it appears as if you missed some of the history of the original game, perhaps you should try to go a lil deeper into the game.

Marten, as far as i know, went mad when he stole the Destinae Dominus.
This would not have hapened if he either had not stolen it, obviously,
and if he had the helm of serenity equipped, as most who already plyed vailla will know.
btw, in solo runs i usually set a portal at the temple, kill marten (thats beneficial guys, i let this poor soul finally come to rest!)
and jump back "like mad" to deliver the item at AP

is the only way to enter the rapax territory is trough the mining tunnels in the new area?yesss!
pl note that some rapax areas have been cut away

there are 2 new ares in the mining tunnels trough the cart one is the ice land and what is the other one, and can someone tell me how are the switech work actually cos i forgot and got the new are by chance and luck -.- ?
i will only explain the switches, besides the hint: Expect monster to be present. Or appear.
The switches: imagine it like a map, you are in the upper left corner,
the light yellow dots of the switches determone the direction you will drive,
so you have to arrange them in a line to the different exits, just check them all, as usual

me agian :D....soulstones of animations...i have 2 of them i used them where they needed,
you need more, you either have not [spoiler]encountered all monster who drop them[spoiler]skeletons or did not pick them all up

the rapax ....there is a force field how can i get in ?the force field appears after you spoke to him,
thats ok, it is not required to speak to him again, i think its mainly a workaraound to prevent repetitive use of the Maze of Horrors.
Shall i make the Maze of Horrors accesible on regular base?
Of course for a small fee, i imagine ~10, or maybe up to 25 gold if you guys like an improved maze?

how to get in to rapax rifht(got trynton idol put it to its place but the gate was closed)
find the soulstones, combine, use and everything will be ok,
well, not everything, but you can proceed

where is the shaman?(still need mystery potion and zulu petle and where to find the zulu petle)ű
after more than 10 years of guiding over a zillon adveturers on their way to ascension, this guy has truly earned a vacation.
In Reforged mod he is in the Trynnie Recreation Center, which is located on the Isle of Nowhere, inmidst the Sea of Eternity.
Unfortunaletly that location is not accessible for players ;)

where can spellbook be bought(there was a HUGE selection in the vanilia,now i have only the most important ones via lvl up)
Some of the spellbooks which were previously sold by Anna in Arnika cant be bought in Reforged,
some others may have been distributed to other vendors.

I dont know whether Qusari just missed it or it was intended, i am tempted to distribute these books to other "neutral" traders.
Sadok and Kunar require an ally, and i think Murkatos in an optional area is only "conditionally neutral".
btw, did you visit Murkatos in the dungeon?

can i ask even more if i stuck or should i stop ? :Dits ok, just ask

Adayy
12-08-2012, 09:38 AM
First of all, i appriciate your effort townlu, thanks.

about Brombadeg: with a balanced party (magic/close combat) at lvl 25 is it going to be a barly survivable fight like with the huge shark after nassie(if i couldn't knock him off i woulnd't stand a chance) or its gonna be managable like a normal boss battle though but okay?

as for the cats, i'd love if there was a quest that would give the player a spell that could summon these cats.....they would be special as they will be always the same lvl as the party's average but a full dextereity based warrior like a rouge.....or make a few different summon spells, cos i hate that i can't count on my summoning spells, there are time when i could use tipical monsters, once a warrior another time a mage....and i just hate when i have a death lord who never casts deathbomb or death wish(the only time it happed i was fighting with milipeds-.-(i hope you read this qusari cos i was partially meant for you ,hope you will make some new AWESOME summon spells maybe new classes but if you give me a link where can we speak about features of the future realese i will go on there thank you)

as for Triton and the lighthouse quest, you missunderstand me, in hte journal they apper as unsolved, white, but i solved the lighthouse quest even if i missed something at Triton's quest(what do i need to give him by the way....the invitation or i need that to board the ship?)
Ps:i have this problem with several other quests,not vanilia quests)

as for marten and his helmet, i know it well, but since the first time i played trough wiz 8 i didn't have it only the second playtrough i didn't think it was nesecarry so i thought i will get it later(i haven't found the rats either but i think i will find them now)

as for the shaman pls tell me more cos i didn't understand it, how to get to him ? :Pű

thx for about murkatos,i totally forgot about him/her,and there was only a few book that i encounterd at the shops,not only at arnika(i wasn't in the rift so far so i don't know ferros and some other merchant's invnetory)

And once agian thank you for your effort and all the answers, i think i'll be back xD (y)

MightyBro
12-09-2012, 04:43 AM
in my second run I gave the arsonist's head to Garry, is the only way to get the helm now is clearing razuka camp\killing Don ?

townltu
12-10-2012, 10:06 AM
in my second run I gave the arsonist's head to Garry, is the only way to get the helm now is clearing razuka camp\killing Don ?a conditional: yes/no :D
Why that?
I think the items that you steal with "pickpocket" skill are always random items from the NPCs specific drop list,
in opposition to "shoplift" which allows selection of distinct items from vendors actual list(which is lvl specific)

But its difficult to succesfully steal an item from barlone, and i think he instantly turns hostile.
(in opposition to some other vendors who only become neutral and can be bribed to make them friendly again)

Adayy
12-10-2012, 11:07 AM
where can i find the rats?
i killed almost everything(everything that does not respawn[exclude al-sedexus]) but didn't got a clue where else to go and what to do, what are the most important thing in the rift?
how to get the sword in the pit with spike where the 3 crystals of animation required?
how to open the gate to the dwarven kingdom(i know about the bell but with what i can ring it and where can i find it)
wherer can i find the 3 universal key?
zan't truns hostile as if kunar or anna would betrayed me, but i killed him and bribed her ?what to do?
some of the quest are still highlighted in the journal while i solwed them....
what do i need to give triton to make the boat appear? i thought i have to cure the well(under the water? xD) and go back to him,what to do exavtly?

thx agian :))

townltu
12-11-2012, 07:02 AM
where can i find the rats?
in a cave on arnika road, near transition to northern wilderness

i killed almost everything(everything that does not respawn[exclude al-sedexus]) but didn't got a clue where else to go and what to do, what are the most important thing in the rift?most important thing in rift is probably the visit(s) at Ferros shop. besides shopping, its important to speak to everybody and explore everything. as usual

how to get the sword in the pit with spike where the 3 crystals of animation required?sword is only decoration

how to open the gate to the dwarven kingdom(i know about the bell but with what i can ring it and where can i find it)find the red hammer in mountain wilderness

wherer can i find the 3 universal key?keys are afair dropped by different monsters, as said hard to miss

zan't truns hostile as if kunar or anna would betrayed me, but i killed him and bribed her ?what to do?not sure about that, could be a bug that already occurs in vanilla, pls search this board, somebody already could solve that issue with a script...

some of the quest are still highlighted in the journal while i solwed them....Sorry, i forgot that, some quest simply miss the command "darken text in journal when quest is done"

what do i need to give triton to make the boat appear? i thought i have to cure the well(under the water? xD) and go back to him,what to do exavtly?you probably only cleaned the well in the Bayjin shallows area, you also have to fill an empty bottle (use the bottle on the water in the well)
and give it to triton

perhaps you should increase the effort to find more things out yourself, this will rise the fun factor,
well, at least it does so for me

Adayy
12-11-2012, 10:46 AM
what i enoys in wiz8 is the fight, lvl up casting spells finding evermore powerful items making my charters even more stronger....not the puzzles and stuff :P, but thank you for the anwers once agian :).it's like.....when the xxxth time i started a new party in wiz 8(that was my first really powerful and succesful party)i already knew everything about the game the story where can be anything found(mostly,but i always had the most powerful items in the end),and i still enjoyed it every time even after the 100th time i started a new party(i rarely playtrough a party....mostly i just lvl'em up to 20 and see how they are doing and try an even better one :D)

Adayy
12-11-2012, 12:53 PM
i already have that hammer :D, and i found the cave and some rats anda rat queen,but where are don barlone and the breeder rats?
(so much i true that i already have the astral dominae, buti guess i need the helm of serenity and i don't know where to find it, like i still don't get it if there's a shaman like in vanilia or not or where to find him.....and once i'm there (agian) what should i do at marten's tomb regarding the helm his coprse and the deastinae dominus) pls help thx

PS:what lvl you recommend to pirate island ?(to the barbarians and to everyone else?)(i already defeated the ghost in the mansion)

wavydave
12-11-2012, 01:15 PM
For the Don, head to the SE Widerness - if you've got X-Ray, you can't miss him!

Pirate Island - at least level 18-20 and be ready to be KO'd by those giants!

MightyBro
12-11-2012, 03:15 PM
soz for some offf topic.
I would suggest moderators to make a faq topic for 1.1 with a dozen of answers to most freqeuntly asked questions regarding the major quests, made with spolier tags ofc. ( or jsut stick the asnwers to the start of major spoilers topic)
& prolly it make sense to delete other topics about reforged, cuz most of them jsut duplicate answers to the same questions.

Since i see people keep asking the same questions over & over again & Qusari & townltu just waste their time, & since townltu is the man who's busy making v1.2 it would be a good idea to stop distracting him right ? :)

Adayy
12-12-2012, 11:25 AM
I can't belive i did'nt noticed them -.-....i have x-ray on all the time along with the orter advanture spells -.- what ever thx dave.

i found an ultrahigh voltage thing for my gadgeter....is that a new mergable item?where can i find the oter part?
and that magnatic thing on hte pirate island that says it could cut crystals....how can i make it to cut crystals?
what do i need the horse statue in south east wilderness?
why do don barlone has an astral dominea(buyable) when the player can have its own in the same area?
what does they stonewheel need right before arnika?
how can i ask the rapax(wich one should i ask)?
does al-sedexus has an important role like in vanilia? or all she does is send to hell? - how to become a templar?

Qusari
12-12-2012, 02:12 PM
Actually I am not in a specific good mood (but also not bad either), so I have no idea why I nevertheless take the time to answers your questions, so just consider yourself lucky...

ultrahigh voltage thing = dont remember

ultrasonic generator = if you find the crystal (a really really really big one) which can not be missed click with the generator on the crystal and see what happens, to circumvent the next questions ...................to find the crystal which is green, you have to open the rust door with the magical spell on it .......to open the door you can apply a high velocity force ..... to apply a high velocity force .....you can shoot with the ship canon on it.........to find the ship canon ..............you have to go to the ship .....to find the ship you have to open your eyes......to fire the canon you need gunpowder ..... to get gunpowder you have to buy it from a trader ..... the trader stands very nearby the canon ...... the canon is hidden......to unhide the canon.....you have to do the quest from the NPc nearby...... the NPC nearby tells you to find a ship bell.....to find the ship bell you have to go underwater......to go underwater you need breathing things.......you have to go to the shallow seas near tritons temple ....there you have to find the bell ..............which can be found on a sunken ship ..... the sunken ship is behind the temple .... ther is a big chance that you already have the bell in your inventory if you searched the underwater area near tritions temple good enough while fetching the special water from the fountain within the temple within the underwater water

No I am not going to write a walkthrough (see example above)it just aint gonna happen

horse statue = faerie dust
don barlone = it is a freaking long story which....to make it short ....... those 2 you mean are not excactly the same ...... on of it is artifical
..do you really really really really really think that Don Barlone the old skunk would sell you the true and only astral domina/dominae..whatever ...
stonewheell: try a longsword not a dirk/dick this could hurt
ask the rapax = well maybe it is possible to be more specific with the questions............if we take our time to answer your questions you might consider taking the time to phrase your question more detailed
Al-sedexus = send you only to hell
Templar = not possible

as others have said ..... why you dont just at least try to play the mod ....... if you keep asking like this you will come up with several hundert more questions ............. which probably nobody bothers to answer ......

townltu
12-12-2012, 03:43 PM
if we take our time to answer your questions you might consider taking the time to phrase your question more detailed
excellent phrase, i just thought that the day might come when is reqiured for use as a signature

Now, again, to something completely different which might also fit into the feedback thread, todays no, you donthaveto
unhide the canon

thats now blocked by loc variable.

btw i also remember to have adjusted the cannon slightly to well, you could also look along the barrel to see the directionthe right
and also added a little recoil for realism.
Unfortunately the construction did not allow me to add the classic trap for medieval ship cannons,
the wicked loop of the tether :D

Adayy
12-13-2012, 04:55 AM
i asked you if it bothers you and you no said that it does, and if it does what is this this for? i ask questions that oters will in the future i only ask so theat they don't have to, i admit i asked a few questions that ave been already answerd and i'm sorry for that but now before i ask i read back everything see i f i can find my answers(and also try everything that comes to my mind when i stuck),and also i admit that the game logic is not in my favor and i don't have THAT much time to play so i want to advance as soon as possible that why i ask almost everyday so, once agian, can i keep asking questions(so this forum can be used later as the origin of a guide or a walktrough) or should i just STFU and and npt use this topic as it was inteded to be?

thx for your efforts however....

Adayy
12-13-2012, 05:24 AM
ultrahigh voltage thing = dont remember

actually its high voltage transformer.....i must have've been mix the two things, oh and the rapax thing i ask about earlier, yeah sorry it wasn't to detailed huh ? :D erm....i meant the arsonist quest, i should ask the rapax....who exactly? the king ?

also, as a sing of my appriciation i'd make a guide(i never made one but it would be an honor once i played trough) for the mod, IF you interested.My english is not the bust,but i will do my best, tho i'm sure that its gonna be understandable even if not perfect by grammaticly :D

Qusari
12-13-2012, 01:21 PM
you are very welcome to write a guide it would surely be appreciated. I am also not a native english speaker or writer but thats not a reason not to try to write a guide :)

arsonist quest = you have to find a "new" Rapax which hides on a rarely visited place within Rapax Rift. If you find him you will realise it ...... he is not called arsonist for nothing (that is a hint! [face_devil])

..............what happnes here (about your questions and so on) is partially an aftermath of the loss of the vnboards where many questions were already answered several times also.

I am still surprised that people start to play the mod such a "long" time after the release and ask for support. That is something I did not consider so thoroughly, so it would have been better to write some sort of guide at the beginning now it is almost to late since I start to forget things ...... and v 1.2 is looming at the horizon

comsidering that you want to write a guide you can ask further questions .... as mentioned the next 3 weeks I have holiday anyway so I have more time to look into answers ....

Adayy
12-14-2012, 07:39 AM
Great, thx for everything Qusari, but i hope you'll understand that i want to play the game trough first,cos that way i'll remember more stuff better,and it'would be only a guid where ppl could stuck easily,and answer as long as you can, townlu will surely supporitve or wavydave or others.

As for the mod and a guide/walktrough, i'm sure lot a ppl will be greatful for it. I found this mod a month ago and i was like "OMG,are there mods for wiz8 ? O.O" and i only played dodd the slayer's and yours mod but i'm already sure that your mod is one of the best(if not the one).Not many ppl know wiz8 and i'm sure there's a lot of them like me,who haven't thought about wiz8 having mods and other extras,i found this about when i found a vid on youtube, i saw it was wiz8 but the monster was unkown,and i was shocked that there are mods for wiz8, while i was playing wiz8 vanilia for years xD.

Adayy
12-14-2012, 07:43 AM
Oh,and i didn't know about any oter forum where the answers can be found related to my questions,this is the only one i know about, if anyone has any sort of guides walktroughs or some saved files about the mod that could hlep with a wlaktrough/guide i'd be interested.

Adayy
12-14-2012, 09:04 AM
okay,ifound the rapax but im stil not sure how should i supposed to find him,who should i had talk to, cos when i found him i knew hes the one so i killed him and the trynnie accapeted its head.

i still don't have any clue about maten's helm :D where can i find or any hints about it x), sorry i trid it now for days and also was waiting for answers but i had neither so please help :D.....also pls help me where are the 2 parts of the sky disc (i found the scepter already,and i have one part of the disc i just dont know where i found it cos it was at the begin of the game),and where can i find other parts of the universal key(i found knowlegde only).

And another question:I played through vanliga a few times and i NEVER noticed the area on MT gigas....i noticed it,but it has a smaller area, after the black path for the airplane or what,i talk about the specfic "glass building" that can be seen on the loading screen when you enter MT gigas.....I HAVE NO IDEA whats that building what has been changed etc, also i shot the first rocket that destroyed the savant's ship and shot the one in norther wilderness(before umpani base within HUGE tower thing) but i don't have any idea how to shot the third one.Also i think Yamir ask for proof if the savant survived.....i check back at arnika but tracking wasn't the solution, pls help agian :)

Erkilmarl
12-14-2012, 09:12 AM
I would like to say for myself that I've been saving the experience, pushing the first playthrough in the future, just enjoying the thought that there is something good to wait for. Now I've started the mod for the third time and I see that I have previously totally missed Snafaru in Arnika and on crucial area in the Swamp. But I don't want to read any possible walkthrough yet. I somewhat ruined my experience with W8 by rushing through it. Now I'll enjoy searching and figuring out things. Eg. I suddenly realised what "In vino veritas" means (although I had already solved the puzzle by experimenting).

Adayy
12-14-2012, 11:16 AM
I totally understand you Erkilmarl, i love solve quest in games like kotor(i admit i used a walktrough even there),but this wiz8 logic most times doesn't work for me :D,and like i said i love the battle,chart managmanet and stuff like this about this game :)

Erkilmarl
12-14-2012, 11:35 AM
I love battling and party management, too. I must confess that I had to use the official walkthrough for many of the puzzles of the Wizardry 7. Having played W7 helps me here, though, because I feel that some things are homage to W7. (Password for a vendor - how come I immediately tried the one I had used in W7.)

busta191
12-14-2012, 10:40 PM
Got a stupid question myself, I've played thru reforged a couple of times and have yet to find the lightbulb for the light house. If someone could enlighten me that would be a big help. Thanks in advance.

Erkilmarl
12-15-2012, 01:15 AM
You'll find it in the new hangar at the back of the airport. It sticks out under the spacecraft there. Just let the mouse pointer hover there if you can't see it.

Qusari
12-15-2012, 02:43 AM
okay,ifound the rapax but im stil not sure how should i supposed to find him,who should i had talk to, cos when i found him i knew hes the one so i killed him and the trynnie accapeted its head.

i still don't have any clue about maten's helm :D where can i find or any hints about it x), sorry i trid it now for days and also was waiting for answers but i had neither so please help :D.....also pls help me where are the 2 parts of the sky disc (i found the scepter already,and i have one part of the disc i just dont know where i found it cos it was at the begin of the game),and where can i find other parts of the universal key(i found knowlegde only).

And another question:I played through vanliga a few times and i NEVER noticed the area on MT gigas....i noticed it,but it has a smaller area, after the black path for the airplane or what,i talk about the specfic "glass building" that can be seen on the loading screen when you enter MT gigas.....I HAVE NO IDEA whats that building what has been changed etc, also i shot the first rocket that destroyed the savant's ship and shot the one in norther wilderness(before umpani base within HUGE tower thing) but i don't have any idea how to shot the third one.Also i think Yamir ask for proof if the savant survived.....i check back at arnika but tracking wasn't the solution, pls help agian :)

helm of serenity = can be found on the skeleton at the sea caves (in martens room) beware that there is also some new stuff involved having found the helm

sky disc = one can be found in the pyramid desert area (this has been mentioned several times in this thread) the other one canbe found in a new mini location in the swamp it is a small hidden temple near where you go to the TRang area

All 3 parts of the key are dropped by boss monsters =
brombadeg in lower monastery
another one can be found by crossing through the dwarven area ..............( I really dont want to spoil this one...)
one can be found by pyromon in the Rapax Rift (after al-sedexus sends you to hell (here one has to be careful sometimes the key drops into the lava and can be hardliy been seen and hard to be picked up)

I did not change anything at the Umpani mountain top area and usually I never played this area also ...... google is your friend here

Adayy
12-15-2012, 06:45 AM
thank you once agian Qusari, i've been in martens tomb before and i saw a helmet on the coprse, even the cursor changed to "hand icon" but "nothing happend" i hope its not a bug :S

MightyBro
12-15-2012, 07:30 AM
what i enoys in wiz8 is the fight, lvl up casting spells finding evermore powerful items making my charters even more stronger....not the puzzles and stuff :P
and also i admit that the game logic is not in my favor and i don't have THAT much time to play so i want to advance as soon as possible that why i ask almost everyday

Well, as reforged's readme says

Playing the mod: Hints, tips and tricks:
- All encounters with new NPC are strictly bound to straight 1 or 2 times communications. There is nothing hidden in new NPC. There is no need for pickpocketing at new NPC or investigation with the keyword interface. If you are very unlucky you might even break some script. Stay on topic read carefully what they tell you. Not always you get a logbook entry.

- I also tried to make the "puzzles" logically and easy. Most times (of course some very rare exception) the solution will be
on the location or even very near to the puzzle situation. If you cant solve a puzzle try to imagine the most obvious approach.
I tried hard to avoid superhard solutions or unfair situations. For instance no invisible tiny buttons within a dungeon or something.

I 'd say the puzzles Qusari made in the mod are pretty easy & [a friendly joke] people which can't be arsed to solve them prolly should avoid rpg genre & play hack n slash and first person shooters rather than reforged 8)
[/a friendly joke]

Qusari
12-15-2012, 07:48 AM
thank you once agian Qusari, i've been in martens tomb before and i saw a helmet on the coprse, even the cursor changed to "hand icon" but "nothing happend" i hope its not a bug :S

Hmmm okay you have to apply the helmet on the skeleton ..........now as to where to get it ..... hmmm well ..... let me look up things ...

Qusari
12-15-2012, 07:56 AM

Hmmm okay you have to apply the helmet on the skeleton ..........now as to where to get it ..... hmmm well ..... let me look up things ...

okay I looked up the scripts

if you give the Arsonists head to Don Barlone he should give you the helm of serenity for free (if he did not then there is something wrong)

but

you can also kill don Barlone and you will get the Helm of serenity as fixed drop

.................................................. .....

but you can give the arsonist head also to cheif gary ... in this case you will get a special reward (special item) in this case you have to kill Don Barlone to get the Helm of serenity .....

this is about the only quest where you semingly have 2 choices ............. thats also a reason Don Barlone is pimped up quite a bit if you want that helm of serenity and the item of gari you have to fight him

Adayy
12-15-2012, 10:42 AM
what i enoys in wiz8 is the fight, lvl up casting spells finding evermore powerful items making my charters even more stronger....not the puzzles and stuff :P
and also i admit that the game logic is not in my favor and i don't have THAT much time to play so i want to advance as soon as possible that why i ask almost everyday

Well, as reforged's readme says

Playing the mod: Hints, tips and tricks:
- All encounters with new NPC are strictly bound to straight 1 or 2 times communications. There is nothing hidden in new NPC. There is no need for pickpocketing at new NPC or investigation with the keyword interface. If you are very unlucky you might even break some script. Stay on topic read carefully what they tell you. Not always you get a logbook entry.

- I also tried to make the "puzzles" logically and easy. Most times (of course some very rare exception) the solution will be
on the location or even very near to the puzzle situation. If you cant solve a puzzle try to imagine the most obvious approach.
I tried hard to avoid superhard solutions or unfair situations. For instance no invisible tiny buttons within a dungeon or something.

I 'd say the puzzles Qusari made in the mod are pretty easy & [a friendly joke] people which can't be arsed to solve them prolly should avoid rpg genre & play hack n slash and first person shooters rather than reforged 8)
[/a friendly joke]

Like i wrote a few blocks earlier, these puzzles game are not made for me, and i like other elements of the game,but if you feel your self and your opinion SO IMPORTANT that you have to comment, then let me do the same.
I never asked your opinion and i don't give a damn what you think, i love this game and its entertaining me,so even if i have to ask like a million questions to get trough i will play it, and there is nothing you can do about it.Or you think i should stop playing games that i'm having difficulties with?Then i should stop playing games,becuasem ost of the times i use walktroughs for all games,and there has to be a huge percentage of palyers whose using them as well, becuase there's only so many games that don't have a walktrough.And since i'm quite and impatient type,hate waiting and trying stuff,why shouldn't i just use these "cookies" instead?Strugguling puzzeles like these won't make me a better man,so i won't waste my time,as they don't worth that much to me,since i don't have that much lately.

Don't get me wrong Qusari,the mod is great like i said it previously,and i love the new stuff the new challenges(excluding puzzles) :)

PS for mightybro: you know what? i could onlyp laytrough the anilia using a walktrough,and enven then,i had to restart so many times to know how the game really works and what are the strenghts and the weaknesses of the charters,so not even my first try was succesful when i used the walktrough, it was even on my own language,and it was still hard to understand things,and is something that might make the whole thing more bizzare(i admint its really something that i should look in to deeply),first time when i had a strong party and got to the end(3 artifacts bomb off etc),i stucked at the asencion peak,i saw the savant at all the 3 places of the artifacts and i thought that i should have been teleported to him, and it haven't occured to me that i should find a path that leads to him,so i stoped playing for like 3 years,when i finally realized that the reason why i dodn't get to his is because i had to find a way to him,the map wasn't fully discoverd.So yeah,i maybe not a genius about these things,but i enjoy them and that's the only reason that a play them.

busta191
12-15-2012, 11:01 AM
You'll find it in the new hangar at the back of the airport. It sticks out under the spacecraft there. Just let the mouse pointer hover there if you can't see it.

Thanks, missed it every time!

Adayy
12-16-2012, 05:10 AM
For Qusari above all else and than to everyone :D, i got a serious problem:P, i was on the priate island,then i teleported back to somehwere else(with return to portal spell) i forgot the ship at the island and i either forgot to open the door or it closed,so i can't go back -.-....and i haven't finish the barbarians,and i want some lvl before i go to the amazons since they are lvl 60 O.O, so any idea how to get back?Hope i won't need the CF or if i do please someone tell me how to do cos i don't really how to used programs like editors etc.

(yupp i opened the portal that leads to arnika but that's the door that is locked so i don't know how to get there :P)

Erkilmarl
12-16-2012, 08:52 AM
The Ziggurat (or the temple building) in the Ice Canyons is empty in this mod, isn't it?

Qusari
12-16-2012, 09:38 AM
The Ziggurat (or the temple building) in the Ice Canyons is empty in this mod, isn't it?

yes it is empty nothing to do there

Qusari
12-16-2012, 09:46 AM
For Qusari above all else and than to everyone :D, i got a serious problem:P, i was on the priate island,then i teleported back to somehwere else(with return to portal spell) i forgot the ship at the island and i either forgot to open the door or it closed,so i can't go back -.-....and i haven't finish the barbarians,and i want some lvl before i go to the amazons since they are lvl 60 O.O, so any idea how to get back?Hope i won't need the CF or if i do please someone tell me how to do cos i don't really how to used programs like editors etc.

(yupp i opened the portal that leads to arnika but that's the door that is locked so i don't know how to get there :P)

Well thats unfortunately a design flaw in the mod; after having not set a portal on the island or not having opened the door on the island you can not go back if you teleported out.

In this case you really have to use the editor .............. let me see if I already provided a solution within this thread or somewhere else before I am going to write it down again

Basically the easiest approach would be to redirect the portal in Arnika to the Island boat arrival portal....
..to be continued

Qusari
12-16-2012, 11:09 AM
Here is how to manipulate the teleporter from Arnika so that it leads directly to the Pirate Island

Download CF
Install CF
Start UP CF
Click Location editor button
Load Arnika Location = left top area of CF (it could be that Arnika is already loaded as default)
click on the triggers button/tab = yellow/black dog picture
click on description on the triggers list to sort entries
find ARN05 entry (teleporter to Pirate Island)
doubleclick on it
find target location entry upper right side of this window
click on the magnyfing glas
just choose now a different teleporter either SPG01 or SPG02 or maybe SPG10 on of those should be good try SPG01 first
after choosing SPG01
click on okay lower right of window
now go to File upper left corner of editor
apply changes
save

..........................and thats it really easy you can do it under 5 minutes [face_mischief]

remarks: you can save in front of the teleporter in arnika
start up CF
and then try out the change by entering the teleporter

Adayy
12-16-2012, 11:18 AM

Well thats unfortunately a design flaw in the mod; after having not set a portal on the island or not having opened the door on the island you can not go back if you teleported out.

In this case you really have to use the editor .............. let me see if I already provided a solution within this thread or somewhere else before I am going to write it down again

Basically the easiest approach would be to redirect the portal in Arnika to the Island boat arrival portal....
..to be continued

got it,it was easier than i thought, i can go back i changed the arrival place from spg07 to spg01 ^^

townltu
12-16-2012, 02:33 PM
Well thats unfortunately a design flaw ....
Now i wouldnt call it a design flaw at all, you arrive by boat, and the boat stays if you leave with portal.
From that i would say a perfect setup, which took some effort, as far as i can see;)

"a solution within this thread or somewhere else": http://www.postcount.net/forum/images/smilies/VN/45.gifwww.google.com/search?&as_q=townltu+pirates+island

Adayy
12-17-2012, 09:42 AM
thx townltu(by the way,what's with this name ?:D what is this suppose to mean?) but i already managed it by my self, beleve it or not Qusari, i didn't refreshed the site so i didn't see you wrote the solution,i solved it by my self(i'm not that lost to puzzles after all :D )

townltu
12-17-2012, 02:48 PM
... by the way,what's with this name ?:D what is this suppose to mean?Long story:
i like to play with ninja (but i never play fairies! ;) and think i used the male-laid voice #2 for the ninja from the beginning,
and ninjas in the majority of >100 runs.
Now the instakill message of that voiceset is: "that one will no longer trouble us"

I heard that message repeteadly over the years, a very cautios estimation based on avg mks is >50.000,
but its probably nearer to 100k.

As my "standard" nick was already occupied, aombdbmut and townltu appeared the best options,
i selected the shorter and perhaps also less offensive one

p.s.
a bottle of finest swampmalt for the first to explain "aombdbmut" !

Adayy
12-18-2012, 08:31 AM
yeah,there are a lot of funny talking in wiz 8 :D

Adayy
12-18-2012, 10:01 AM
how to get in the temple next to the anime-like-girl's house in arnika?(girl with the cat)
where do i need to put the picture?it says i need to find a safeplace"seirenes"
what lvl you recommend at the erm....timeworld....where anime-like-chicks "want to stop the flow of time" ?
i killed fater pontifex and the dragon downstairs is this all about the necromani? or there's more about/for them?
the mask ask a riddle in the pirate island, what is the answer?
where can i find flowers for the flower belt?(i have 4 and i have no idea where to look for)
i have a lifesubstract still,will i have a use for it later?
there is a crystal at the pirate island(were guarded by 2 necromani)what do i have to do with it?
where should i use the vortex key?
there is a huge eyes teleporter like thing at the lower monastery, do i have to do anything with it?
there is a bee hive in the tunnel mines,do i have to do anything to it sooner or later?
in arnike around snafaru there are a few door, will i gain netrance to them later(and how) or some of the door are just for decoration?(i've been in only to the one where i get a reward for the necronomicon,and the one where i found chronos)

hope fully these are going to be the last of my questions :))
(please read carefully you used to forget to answer to some thx)

Erkilmarl
12-18-2012, 10:06 AM
I know only the answer to the first question: You can buy the temple-like house in the Bank.

Qusari
12-19-2012, 03:03 AM
how to get in the temple next to the anime-like-girl's house in arnika?(girl with the cat)

you can buy the house at a new trader in Arnika bank (search the house throughly to uncover its secret)

where do i need to put the picture?it says i need to find a safeplace"seirenes"

you may find a place in the above mentioned house

what lvl you recommend at the erm....timeworld....where anime-like-chicks "want to stop the flow of time" ?

around lvl 25

i killed fater pontifex and the dragon downstairs is this all about the necromani? or there's more about/for them?

no thats it you should have found the final Astral Dominae

the mask ask a riddle in the pirate island, what is the answer?

strawberry

where can i find flowers for the flower belt?(i have 4 and i have no idea where to look for)

xxx

i have a lifesubstract still,will i have a use for it later?

yes there is a statue at trynton on one of the small rock at the sea give it to it

there is a crystal at the pirate island(were guarded by 2 necromani)what do i have to do with it?

this is a extremly special side quest with boss monsters totaly unrelated to the main story you can do it just for fun of it, to start the quest you have to assemble a special item you will get all the infos at the the place " rapax away camp " = it is the map where the rapax away camp shows up after a while (after getting 2 of the aretefacts) there is a hut with a sopecila npc in it..

where should i use the vortex key?

at the lower monastery, on the ornamental door, you will find one of the boss monsters nearby with one of the keys. be aaware that you also need the Tronolith item, if you dont have it yet you should find this first

there is a huge eyes teleporter like thing at the lower monastery, do i have to do anything with it?

dont know what you mean

there is a bee hive in the tunnel mines,do i have to do anything to it sooner or later?

you can find one of the special tems nneeded for teh special side quest

in arnike around snafaru there are a few door, will i gain netrance to them later(and how) or some of the door are just for decoration?(i've been in only to the one where i get a reward for the necronomicon,and the one where i found chronos)

some doors are only for decoration, if you give snafaru a special item he will open one of teh doors for you

Qusari
12-19-2012, 03:08 AM
sakura blossom = umpani base camp
redmoon blossom = final ninja boss
Jollilly blossom = northern wilderness
Hogwhorth Blossom = swamp
Goldenseal blossom = Martens Bluff

one of the blossoms is used for something else

Zanderat
12-19-2012, 07:00 AM
First of all, thanks for continuing to support this mod. I have a quick question. Has Marten's Bluff been altered in any way? I don't need spoilers (maybe....), but it seems as though some areas formerly accessible in vanilla, are not. Maybe I remembering wrong. It's been a while since I played vanilla....

Thanks.

Adayy
12-19-2012, 08:22 AM
Once agian thank you Qusari :)

Adayy
12-19-2012, 09:32 AM
where is the final ninja boss? and how can i get there?
what to do with the cosmo polis?and with its book called tractati cosmopolitan ? does the book omnium gatherum has anything to do with them?or what is this for?
also there's a green book that i don't know what to do with called histeries of dotard.
where is this far away rapax camp and how to get there?
how to start mr q's quest? i guess i have most of its items...
do i need diamonds and rubis later or shuold i sell them?
is the book called architechtus only a reference to some building that exists or it's needed somewhere?(if it is where?)
where does the dark nectar needed?(from ferro)
where is the other part of the high voltage transformer?(when used in merge)
in the lower monastery where bombagred(i can't remember its name sorry xD) there isa huge eyes,its also likea portal or the eye in the lords of the rigns,does it do soemthing or its just to look awesome ?:D

(i will surely run out of question this week and finish the game :D )

townltu
12-19-2012, 09:42 AM
First of all, thanks for continuing to support this mod. I have a quick question. Has Marten's Bluff been altered in any way? I don't need spoilers (maybe....), but it seems as though some areas formerly accessible in vanilla, are not. Maybe I remembering wrong. It's been a while since I played vanilla....

Thanks.Yes there are some changes.
In Lower Martens Bluff a destination of the switchable teleporter has been changed,
this is also visible, a picture of the destination pops up when you push the corresponding button.

In (upper) Martens Bluff you can access some of the classic terrain which was not reachable in vanilla.
check the big garden inside the complex

Also you can (unintendly)access a teleporter in a room(after walking up the ballista)
which leads to the same new destination like the switchable teleporter in LMB.

townltu
12-19-2012, 09:59 AM
where is the final ninja boss? and how can i get there?survive the dojo to get the key which opens the door and proceed
what to do with the cosmo polis? sorry, not in cache ram
book called tractati cosmopolitan ? does the book omnium gatherum has anything to do with them?or what is this for?
also there's a green book that i don't know what to do with called histeries of dotard.read them, afair no specific use
where is this far away rapax camp and how to get there?get at least 2 artifacts or "the final mission" from ump/trang, enter the wilderness clearing
how to start mr q's quest? i guess i have most of its items...ask mr Q
do i need diamonds and rubis later or shuold i sell them?dunno 100%, probably not
is the book called architechtus only a reference to some building that exists or it's needed somewhere?(if it is where?)i think yes
where does the dark nectar needed?(from ferro)not at all, remnant from vanilla
where is the other part of the high voltage transformer?(when used in merge)sorry, no idea, are there any electrodes in the mod at all? ;)
in the lower monastery where bombagred(i can't remember its name sorry xD) there isa huge eyes,its also likea portal or the eye in the lords of the rigns,does it do soemthing or its just to look awesome ?:Dyes, a reference to lotr, no portal/secret etc

Adayy
12-19-2012, 11:40 AM
okay,i found the ninja areas along with the boss,yes there are electroded in the mod,only two for the two gadgeteer items

okay i found the rapax camp, it counfused me that qusari called it "rapax away camp",but i still didn't found anything there because i just cleared it and haven't returned to it to explore :D,but i have a serious issue here, in the....erm...."infitie sea of time" world,where you should stop the rebels to stop the flow of time, the game crashes after a while, any idea why? what should i change or is there a patch for it?

townltu
12-19-2012, 12:24 PM
... yes there are electroded in the mod,only two for the two gadgeteer itemsthats not correct, either you missed/confuse something or the install has flaws, you should be able to buy them from 2 vendors,
each of them has 5 instances of electrodes and will automatically restock within 24h /3 camps

okay i found the rapax camp, it counfused me that qusari called it "rapax away camp",the name is original, it has not been changed

but i still didn't found anything there because i just cleared it and haven't returned to it to explore :Dyou didnt clear it if you have not explored/searched it, killling some monsters its only the preparation to get it cleared, and sometimes areas may be "cleared" only in steps, after appropriate steps in others.

... i have a serious issue here, in the....erm...."infitie sea of time" world,where you should stop the rebels to stop the flow of time, the game crashes after a while, any idea why? what should i change or is there a patch for it?any error message? or always crash to desktop w/out comment?
Would you say it depends on how long you stay in that location, idle or active?

As the location works for others, it may be the install, recheck it,
also try to run with minimum graphics and save frequently, but dont overwrite saves before the location,
once you entered a map, the savegame contains info about the location and some changes will not come into effect

Adayy
12-20-2012, 04:19 AM
... yes there are electroded in the mod,only two for the two gadgeteer itemsthats not correct, either you missed/confuse something or the install has flaws, you should be able to buy them from 2 vendors,
each of them has 5 instances of electrodes and will automatically restock within 24h /3 camps

yeah,maybe i was wrong, i really don't know,but i surlly remember that anna didn't sell them so it took me a loooong time to find them,so what ever i have them :P,if someone could tell me where might i get them i will write it in the guide

okay i found the rapax camp, it counfused me that qusari called it "rapax away camp",the name is original, it has not been changed

i didn't know it is the original name, but the "rapax camp" would have been more useful to me since there's only one rapax camp -side note- there was a time when about 20 rapax with about 700-800 hp patroling around trinton in vanilia,i defeated them only because of cheif garry's superman spell,and i used up almost all my potions because my party was about 6-8 and they were atleast 14-15 mgiht be a bug huh? did anyone met stuff like this?

but i still didn't found anything there because i just cleared it and haven't returned to it to explore :Dyou didnt clear it if you have not explored/searched it, killling some monsters its only the preparation to get it cleared, and sometimes areas may be "cleared" only in steps, after appropriate steps in others.

... i have a serious issue here, in the....erm...."infitie sea of time" world,where you should stop the rebels to stop the flow of time, the game crashes after a while, any idea why? what should i change or is there a patch for it?any error message? or always crash to desktop w/out comment?
Would you say it depends on how long you stay in that location, idle or active?

As the location works for others, it may be the install, recheck it,
also try to run with minimum graphics and save frequently, but dont overwrite saves before the location,
once you entered a map, the savegame contains info about the location and some changes will not come into effect

i'm sure it's the grapics, i have an older ati card 9550 so its not much,must be the HUGE space and some distant object,i play it already on minimum graphic so any idea would be appriciated,i saw qusari has a texture patch,in the motto "http://www.xup.in/dl,83536741/Wiz_8_...ture_patch.7z/",could that help ?

Qusari
12-20-2012, 08:15 AM
- no the texture patch is for some mushroom textures which are not existing on these map.

- many peoploe have been playing this map without issues........ only thing I can recommend is to try to save you through the map, (fight and save) the hope is that after killing some of the placed monster mobs the pressure on system load decreases ....

- if this is not working you could think about decreasing some texture resolutions on this map ........ you could use irfan view ...go to the texture folders of this map ......just load the textures resize them to 128 px and save them .....

sorry for the inconvience ..... unfortunately the whole engine thing of wiz 8 is not very stable ...

townltu
12-20-2012, 09:13 AM
although i notice a general slowdown and lags, especially in Arnika and when party runs(as usual;)
the mod runs on a 8 year old notebook with 1.5GHz P mobile(Banias) locked at 600MHz and Ati 9000/32MB @ 1600X1200 screen resolution,
game set to minimum graphics, except high texture detail and cache.
If i unlock the CPU the slowdown disappers nearly completely.

in case not done, activate "mip mapping", that may help if the issue really is related to distant objects.
You can also open the location with CF, select General Parameters tab and reduce the View Distance from 500 to 100.
If that really helps, it will probably also be required to reduce the view distance in savant city

the imo heaviest impact has the 82 idle anim of the templars,
it may help to decrease stress for the game engine if you copy the content of 6436 into folder mod_install_dir\data\monsters.
You will have to overwrite the existing file.

Adayy
12-20-2012, 02:09 PM
thank you guys :),i never had so much problem with a game :D, don't take it wrong Q ^^