Rill

1. Mural - Mermaid wall complete

8/29 - Finished up with minor shading and coloring on the mermaid wall. It is now complete and will be curing over the next few days. Finishing up details on the dolphins and whale. Combination of sun and uneven surface is making the dolphins more difficult to work with. I think I'll have to work on them early in the morning so the paint stops drying so fast and not allowing me to blend. Overall I guesstimating 12 more hours or so (2-4 days) on the main wall and I will be done painting. Then it's ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Mural - Finish line in sight

8/28 - Got a late start but stayed later too so I guess it balanced out. Feeling the start of a little heat exhaustion so tomorrow I will probably only do enough to finish the mermaid wall since it's almost done. That was the main focus of today since it's my second most vulnerable wall to rain. And sprinklers.

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Mural - Ship Wall Complete

8/26 & 8/27 - Worked hard to complete the ship wall the first day, managed to finish it early this morning(second day). Then I set to work on the mermaid wall. I had added a little detail the first day but didn't like it so went over it again the second day and it turned out much better. Mermaid is pretty much complete now. The only thing I have left for that wall will be the crab and fishes and some shading details. I should be able to seal the ship wall on Saturday and the mermaid wall on ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Mural - Octopus Tentacles

8/24 - Finished most of the detail on the octopus. Detailed the wood pieces too though they might need a little more. I was running out of daylight and had a palette full of paint to use quickly. Didn't work on anything else but the suckers on the octopus took up a lot of time. I'd like to get this wall finished first and quickly so I can seal it sooner than the rest since it's been my problem wall.

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Mural - Lovely lady of the sea

8/20 - Spent a full 8 hours painting today. Mostly on the mermaid. She's almost done. Just need more detailing and more layers on her hair. Gave another layer to the octopus. Added the wood parts of the left wall. Added the big blue fish and detailed it. Finished detailing the big clownfish.

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast