9/7 - Only a few hours today. Just putting a third coat of sealer on the two smaller walls and the first coat of sealer on the main wall. Then I spent the remaining time just cleaning up and clearing out. There will only be two more coats of sealer on the main wall then it's done! I'll work on getting some various pictures, angles and maybe a panoramic shot.
9/5 - Finished up the detailing on the main wall, redid the dolphins, and gave another coat of blue to the background and the whale for good measure. The painting part is done, assuming the weather stays good until I can seal it on saturday. YAY!
This project totaled 105 hours (only counting painting time, not time spent on the drafts). And I probably have another 3-5 hrs to go with sealing it up. Approx 15 of those hours were spent on repairing because of rain. I originally estimated
9/4 - Sealed the mermaid wall and the ship wall. Shouldn't have problems with rain damage now. More coats of sealer will go on in the next few days. Main wall is almost finished as well. I have some tweaking to do with the sea background, the dolphins and some minor shading to finish up. I hope to seal it by saturday or monday. YAY!
9/3 - Lots of progress today on the main wall. I focused on the corner under the whale and the fish in the center. Tomorrow I'll finish up details then move to the corner under the dolphins. That corner is almost done anyway, shouldn't take much to finish it. I'm going to seal the ship wall and possibly the mermaid wall tomorrow evening.
Then I'm going to do some more coats on the background sea to cover some of the water damage on the main wall. The damage isn't visible most of the
9/2 - Yesterday morning a surprise thunderstorm decided to blow it's way into the area. I scrambled out of bed and drove out to the mural as soon as I heard it but I was too late to prevent most of the damage. Even the owners of the home had rushed out to try and hold tarps down but it was like a brief monsoon. There was little we could do except weigh the tarps down with paving stones and put up extra plastic once the wind died down enough to let us. Because of the heat on saturday I did not seal