Creator of Reforged Mod 1.1 Qusari's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@town

Boiling HF well thats quite an effective method of cleaning out unwanted things from beneath the teeths. That also explains why they are so shiny white. HF dissoziates to H+ and F- and the Fluoride gets build into the teeths, probably with the help from some enzyms which are yielded from the "unwanted" things from the teeths well you know meat and stuff. The left overs from the victims have also some abrehesive impact so the whole process at the end has some astonishing similarities to using a tooth brush together with colgate or elmex.

-------------

Never heard about the cheating approach with the button assignment before. There speaks the sophisticated long time wizardry player.
    I have no idea how to circumvent such a cheating method without making things utterly boring on the setup side.

If the moder has to threw away design setups, because of possible fancy cheating and therefore looses freedom of creativity then he is stuck in a dead end...honestly I would and did not care too much about cheating approaches, for me it is the responsibility of the player to use the game mechanics as they are intended... unfortunately the game mechanics are in some aspects very poorly designed.
    Find all Wiz 8 mods exclusively on this site:
    http://www.zimlab.com/wizardry/wiz8mods.htm

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are right, but you could keep the design setups and still make these things not possible. Sure in our case we are a small community, so there might be no need to fix certain problems, which make fights easier. In the blaze case, someone could just move the crystall against the wall so you can not hide behind it. Not sure if it would solve the problem.
    Anyhow, I like to point out things. Don`t get me wrong. I love the mod, but I sometime strive for perfection or in this case try to bend the game to see with what kind of low lvl party I can get through the mod.
    So if there is a need to fix these problems okay, if not I am fine with it.

Cheers

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

well, keep them coming, i may not be able to fix all related things perfectly,
    that also would more or less end with throwing the party into plain boxes filled with the specific encounters,
    but some things are doable rather fast

the 1st spoiler sounds extraordinary
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Aves
    suddenly pop out of the corner next to the friendly ghouls
    Weird, i cant see reasons why that would happen, dont think there are enough patnodes to "walk" on the frames etc in order to get there,
    (but deleted the remaining obsolete just in case) also they have no 2ndary walkpoints assigned.
    To confirm where they appeared, was it in the south east corner of the southern section,
    in other words, left of the chest with the Gazer Crystal .. ?

I should add that the Martyr/Zombie encounter can be avoided without help of a teleport spell by "medium" exploit of the AI.

Also it appears impossible to suppress/remove the built in "combat ends after 3 rounds without attacks" rule,
    besides that i dont thiink it would be wise to do that.

Regarding use of keyb commands, i wouldnt call it an exploit or even cheat in general,
    always depends on why/how/etc
    (btw combat starts with the [ö] key on GER keyb, aka the [;] key on US keyb layout, but defined as [enter] in keyb section)

btw @all keyb users, try this in reforged mod if your party has a teleport and sonic boom spell available:
    Walk to a friendly, initiate combat and place a sonic boom so that it covers the friendly,
    but then cancel combat and with it the sonic boom, that way you have it stored as last action.

Now trigger the teleport with someone else and try to add the sonic boom before the teleport comes into effect.
    I used the guy who reacts on "savant alliance".
    You can also enter inventory and "delay" the teleport,
    e.g. when i use the re-compiler with another PC i usually hand it back before teleporting (one never knows what/who awaits you there ;)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@townltu

Yes the zombies pop out left (if you are facing the chest) of the chest with the Gazer Crystal.

Two new things. Sorry if I annoy you

Spoiler!

Chöörs

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i didnt do much on nessie/megalodon encounters for normal/unmodified difficulty,
    players who dont like to have some members of their team slaughtered at every major encounter should still have fun.
    btw i could add "Vial of Blood" Dynamic Objects with Monster Spawn trigger to the entrances of Nessies basin and spread them in lower part of Bayjin Shallows,
    that way hardcore players can compose their own setup for the underwater areas.
    Honestly said the choice/fact related difficulty variations for major underwater encounters have not been fully implemented yet ;),
    but the shark scenario will be somewhat harder by default, think the slightly reduced size grants better pathfinding ai

triton/maenad: yes, but most other possible places are occupied by treasure, and the lance is very specific,
    valk only/no fairies, so i will keep it, i still have to find/assign "good" places some new unique items.

New Question:

You may or may not have noticed that the 6 new spells,
    i.e. Pyroclastic Flows, Water Jet, Geostrophic Winds, Coronal Mass Ejection, Neurotransmite and Anathema;
    a) never cause any damage on backfire (think there is a backfire message but never an animation of the returning spell or even damage)
    b) are not reflected by an Eye for an Eye spell if one of the victims with active Eye4Eye survives the spell.

I could change that so that the spells work as usual but wanted to assure an agreement by the majority of players
    and last not least @Qusari as the creator of the Mod itself and also the 6 spells.
    The consequences should be clear,
    the spells can easily wipe out a whole party on backfire or reflection,
    e.g. if the high HP guys have already lost a decent number of HPs and/or Party has no Magic Screen/appropriate shield spell active.

I also cloned most damaging vanilla spells and made them more efficient
    when casted at high lvl parties with at least Magic Screen PL7 active (but they also pass the shields with lowered effect)
    Additionally also the 6 new spells with lower damage.
    I think it will lift the reputation of encounters with high lvl casters to what is known from literature etc p&p

The cloned spells are intended to be "beyond normal combat difficulty" only,
    but i can imagine that i simply confuse the clones of a monster for "normal" and "hard" difficulty,
    or a regretable error ;) with one of the encountertabes :D

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi @townltu

By all means if you can improve the spells technically and for playability please do so. When I implemented the spells I just did not know how to do it better.

As long as you dont change the spell names all is good. By rereading the spell names from you post I realised that I still like the names very much

All spell names have a specific scientific or historical meaning. You (you as the occasinal reader who just happens to read this posting) may find some interesting facts by looking them up in Wikipedia

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ALIENS man its the f***ing aliens....when you travel/trapped in a parrarel world,maaan, i was doing okay, but they were 20 lvl higher than me,and there wasn't a way to go back to lvl up or anything,i don't remember exacly what leveled the enemies were,but i remember that i just barely managed to defeat that huge shark(hammerhead or something like that was the name maybe) wich was some sort of a "boss the palyer should met before fighting with another one".I don't now about the 1.2 reforged mod's weapons,and i barely know the vanilia game's weapons,but i admit maces and flails became too powerfull became obviouzs choice for every class that can use the new weapons.Mods should contain new and also weapons, but also containing weapons for every weapon class.I know that sword were/are probalby overpowerd in vanilia game,but now another weapons class is being overpower .The lightsaber comes too late,and i guess only 1 is avalibe of them in the whole game.And i know its hard to make good boss battles,but when enemies have hight health and deal high damae with ability that they use very often,or just simply too powerdull,is a bad idea(IMO).Bosses should be wheter extra tough with a litte dmg+ or high dmg and not THAT a lot more HP.But then agian these bosses are not really unique or powerfull or not really a boss afterall -.-'. However i think the aliens are waaaay too strong .

Your recurring nightmare Lord Shield's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never had that much trouble with the aliens, and the shark only nommed a couple of characters the first time I played it through. Btw, townltu, I just remembered something from one of my playthroughs

Remember the room with Nebdar and her buddies in Reforged?

Spoiler!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

thanks for the hint @Lord Shield , i revamped setup and terrain of the Nebdar encounters long ago,
    the exploit was possible because the command which triggers the 4 astrals to spawn as hostile monsters
    came before or was at least not "near" enough to the [NPC attacks] command for Nebdar
    Spoiler!

"the aliens"
    well i think the aliens can be much harder in a party unfriendly setup,
    e.g. imagine more eggs, each spits a facehugger on approach,
    additionally the encounter in beyond arnika suffers a little from the issues of the ai to target the party at a teleporter arrival,
    (could be basically "fixed" with an arrival cam, but i think it should stay a privilege of the higher combat difficulty)

addendum:
    think i promised too much regarding reflection of the 6 new spells by eye4eye, sorry,
    it works with clones in spellslots > ID150, but probably not with new spells castable by players.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In another couple of weeks it will have been two years that I've sorta/kinda been waiting on 1.2.... Is there going to be a 1.2...? Just curious. Thanks!

I put off playing the thing through until 1.2 many, many moons ago...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey town how is the much anticipated update going?. Will it be soon.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by digger19 View Post
    Hey town how is the much anticipated update going?. Will it be soon.
    "...And the crowd stared at the heavens in rapt attention...and yet, sadly, no answer was forthcoming..." *

*It has been rumored that the originating intelligence suffered a massive inter-regional circuit breakdown collapse when a note on a Sitar went sour due to a breaking string, although historians postulate that this is really only a guess...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you write me a pm in case you you know more can be more specific ?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, wanted to ask about the release of the new version but it was already asked so I'm only going to cheer up for you

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is any1 in touch with townltu ? seems like he hasn't been here for a while. I hope he is all right & i nthe good health.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this project must be dead at this point......

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@townltu latest post was on 12-16-2013,

I cant imagine that he just stopped the project and did not tell me/us so.

I have to conclude that the probability that Reforged 2.0 will be released is = 0 (zero) now

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default guns

I can't currently play as the injection does not work with vistas 'administrative authority' required. However when I played the game before I enjoyed it but felt it lacked replay value for the following reason: I changed profession once with each character to gain the modern weapon skill, got them all the best gun and placed them where a dwarf was stuck on a roof and shot until they each had 100 in skill... at which point further development, search and battle became irrelevant...and those are my criteria for ongoing play... development!
    To aid in difficult battle in my own mods I increase the capability of my summoned monsters affording them the summon spell, healing and damage dealing spells as well as far more capabilities in battle.

Is there a youtube video for altering terrain? I would love an editor that was more intuitive like Tzars map maker...I still find bards a useless burden unless they have instrument/spells specific only to them they are just a tired nuisance. Further I find giving monsters a weakness in a spell they commonly cast gives eye for eye some use -otherwise monsters are essentially immune to the bounce back which makes the spell useless.

I personally prefer to increase the range and duration of spells as well as the effects - trying to get 'turncoat' into a missile like arrows is proving difficult.

Appreciate your work and can't wait to figure out how to inject it!
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by townltu View Post
    You may have already read that i am working on an update for the Reforged 1.1 mod

I decided to integrate an optional choice for additional levels of difficulty (etc
    which can be selected or completely declined at start during communication with NPC.

To adjust the levels i need feedback, mainly which encounters you think are too difficult or easy.

The feedback should obviously contain info about location+monsters,
    but also some details about party strength, like lvl and skill development
    and perhaps even a simple subjective classification of party items avg quality (bad,avg,good)

Its also interesting to know at which point fights were lost and when the same party was succesful.

I appreciate ideas/suggestions how to make fights tougher by adding or relocating monsters,
    respectively how much tougher they should be in your opinion.

Unfortunaltely the only option for an adjustment to easier encounters
    are additional friendlies, preferably low numbers in order not to delay combats.
    Else half the mod has to be turned upside down and tons of triggers added,
    impacting game speed and perhaps stability, where the latter imo is main argument against.
    Would that be acceptable for all who prefer easier encounters?

Thx in advance for all your useful and precise feedback!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gazer Crystal of Death. Unable to discover what exactly it does in combat. When I use it the combat text says the spell was not implemented. thanks

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something I discovered while stuck in the Graveyard: if you stand at the locked door to its crypt, the Martyr will come up to fight you through the bars. You can back out of striking range and snipe it. Later, when you teleport in, there will be only the Zombies to deal with.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I apologize for having abandoned you such a long time,
    hope you dont stone me for that.
    My health became worse back in dec 2013 which literally forced me to stay away for about 3 months,
    after that i had nearly no energy or motivation for modding, posting or anything related.
    Regarding the 1.2 update, its not canceled but i also cant promise to finish it ever,
    as for now i cant work more than for 2h/d on it,
    and i still have to refresh big parts of all the forgotten things.

Thanks for reporting the glitch of the Gazer Crystal of Death,
    i changed "Death Curse" to "Dispel Undead" at PL7.

Also thanks for reminding me about the "Martyr through the gate" glitch,
    i encountered it myself during a testrun where the Marty even managed to pass the gate.
    Fix was just tested succesfully, monsters wont move until party portals in.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to have you back! The mod seems to have "thin" walls in many places, because the party members often seem to warn about monsters behind walls. Sometimes it actually is disturbing: Once in the first dungeon I thought I was well positioned to fight some Blood Louses. I was in a doorway, but then those insects come through walls and flanked my party.

Has there been somewhere talk about this: The Umpani soldiers guarding the entrance to the Umpani camp become neutral and start giving random vocal samples (the same can happen with T'Rang, too)? They turned red in my latest game. There's a solution, of course, I edited in a high level Umpani card and entered via the Arnika road house.
    Not Aelfinn or Eelfinn, but Realfinn

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to see you back anyway, townltu

I was making good headway on my Bard's Tale style mod when a Finnish storm fried my PC, and I hadn't backed my stuff up onto a memory stick. I made a start on redoing it, but likewise might not finish it as the oomph has gone lol!

Still, enjoying the existing mods, and -------i plan to learn Russian just so I can play Return to Dominus lol!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Erkilmarl View Post
    Has there been somewhere talk about this: The Umpani soldiers guarding the entrance to the Umpani camp become neutral and start giving random vocal samples (the same can happen with T'Rang, too)? They turned red in my latest game. There's a solution, of course, I edited in a high level Umpani card and entered via the Arnika road house.
    Have you got the NPC database fix in?
    http://www.zimlab.com/wizardry/zip/W...tabase-fix.zip

If this doesn't work, you can sleep for - I think it was 3 days (so 9 full sleeps) - and their attitude goes back to normal. I think that's what I did before the fix came out

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. I must have forgotten this one.

I'd have to start a new game, though.
    Last edited by Erkilmarl; 03-28-2015 at 02:24 AM.
    Not Aelfinn or Eelfinn, but Realfinn

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really great to hear from you townltu - I feared the worst. Hope your health is improving now.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to have u on board again, townltu!
    The cost of sanity in this society, is a certain level of alienation. - Terence McKenna

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by townltu View Post
    I apologize for having abandoned you such a long time,
    hope you dont stone me for that.
    My health became worse back in dec 2013 which literally forced me to stay away for about 3 months,
    after that i had nearly no energy or motivation for modding, posting or anything related.
    Regarding the 1.2 update, its not canceled but i also cant promise to finish it ever,
    as for now i cant work more than for 2h/d on it,
    and i still have to refresh big parts of all the forgotten things.

Thanks for reporting the glitch of the Gazer Crystal of Death,
    i changed "Death Curse" to "Dispel Undead" at PL7.

Also thanks for reminding me about the "Martyr through the gate" glitch,
    i encountered it myself during a testrun where the Marty even managed to pass the gate.
    Fix was just tested succesfully, monsters wont move until party portals in.
    Glad to hear from you...Here's hoping your health is rapidly on the mend...!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Townltu,

I was sorry to hear you were ill. I am very happy to hear you are doing better. I wish you the best and hope your recovery continues.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4