Thread: Upcoming Reforged 1.2: Feedback required to adjust difficulty lvls

Creator of Reforged Mod 1.1 Qusari's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont think it was used in the reforged mod. Firstly I did not want to include any of the Astral monsters so I left this one out. That does not mean that you can not include it now I removed the antimagic spells from some monsters. Cause I thought they just dont work. Once there was a thread on the VNboards about spells which are not working for monsters. Never saw the error message for thr 2nd cycle. Cool that it works.
    Find all Wiz 8 mods exclusively on this site:
    http://www.zimlab.com/wizardry/wiz8mods.htm

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, now I have defeated the Savant and completed the game. Here are my thoughts of all the various locales that I can remember:

Party was:
    -Fighter (Mace & Flail + Modern Weapon)
    -Gadgeteer (Modern Weapon + Sword)
    -Rogue (Dual daggers + Modern Weapon)
    -Valkyrie (Polearm + Modern Weapon)
    -Psionic
    -Mage
    -Sparkle (Axe + Modern Weapon)

First off, upon being teleported to Arnika road, I ran off to Sparkle and had her kill a few enemy groups for me until my party was level 2-3, then recruited her as a permanent party member save for the alliance quest bits.

Ancient Dungeon - Well balanced. The turtle issue has already been mentioned (personally I got around it by ducking around the corner, then initiating combat out of sight and running right up to them so I don't have to deal with their approaching me). Some rooms sometimes get issues with monsters blocking the doors, such as the ones with troglodytes. The key to making most of the tougher battles easier is having Missile Shield up.

Skeleton Mobs - The difficulty of these battles really depended on where you engaged the skeletons. Every area they appeared fortunately had a small nook where only 1 or 2 could be battled at a time, making them a lot easier: in Southeast Wilderness, it was attacking from the mountain path; in Northern Wilderness, it was attacking from the bridge leading to the mountain wilderness; and from the Mine Tunnels, it was attacking from the top of the path leading to Tantris base. Leading them away from the larger group alternatively works. Also, they seem to have a lot higher Divine resistance compared to most vanilla undead creatures. Can't speak for the final bosses' difficulty, since I was overlevelled when I beat them.

Arnika - Difficulty of encounters is okay as is. Wuulfram (the sword in Bloodlust's original location) seems to be kinda crappy for the stat requirements it has.

Swamp - My party was around level 11-13 here, and I actually killed Grolt and Hurk on my first trip by attacking a few, running away to rest and regenerate, then repeating until they were dead. I managed to get my hands on the Mang Club (Meteor Hammer lite) for my fighter, who proceeded to obliterate most everything else for the next short while. I would say to give Grolt/Hurk some health regeneration (they kinda resemble trolls, anyway), and maybe nerf the Mang Club's damage to 60 or less (ironically even Grolt/Hurk don't inflict as much damage with the Mang Club in their hands).

Marten's Bluff - As I mentioned earlier, should move the Meteor Hammer elsewhere. I don't think anything else has really changed here.

Southeast Wilderness - This was where I killed my first group of skeletons, attacking from the mountain path as I mentioned earlier. The Gluttonhound was pretty annoying; I killed the Hogar by getting it to attack me separate from the Gluttonhound by resting and being interrupted somehow. Also actually killed the Gluttonhound itself by it getting stuck between the grass patch and the ledge leading up to the temple path, and sniping it to death. Also, I think Nebdar actually remains friendly if you combat run through her dialog, though by the time I actually fought her at high 20s level, she wasn't trouble.

Mountain Wilderness - The final group of enemies guarding the Tronolith seem to act awkwardly if you stand in the invisible path; some of them even retreat into the crystal pillar and become inaccessible. After Bela is rescued, you can also spawn multiple instances of him by clicking on the door more than once.

Ninja Fortress - Mostly had beef with the white ninjas, who had too many attacks like someone mentioned before; however they got stuck navigating the edges of the stairways and I sniped them to death. Maybe replace the Rammbus Staff with a Zatoichi Bo since a Rammbus staff is already given by Anselm, the only set spawn for the Zatoichi Bo is inaccessible, and it makes more sense flavor-wise anyway.

Dwarven Country - Was around level 17-19 when I did this area. My party couldn't climb the stairs in the tavern, but I don't think there was anything important up there anyway...the group of dwarves there instead appeared on the roof and gave me some ranged combat training. I think some of the dwarf enemies have pretty weird classes (the Crazy Dwarf is a rogue, though he doesn't ever backstab and berserks like a fighter instead, and the Insane Dwarf is apparently a gadgeteer? Also the king's ghost is apparently not actually undead and is a lord). In the Anthracite Golem area, two of them somehow entered inside the mountain and I couldn't ever engage them, though they'd initiate combat if I got too close anyway, and just ran away. Burning Sputum seems to have rather high water resistance and low fire resistance for something that appears to be fire elemental. Ghatanothoa I've already provided a video for, though the actual level I fought her at was 25-26 after the Monastery.

Trynton New Area - The boss battle was a breeze since I had access to Water Jet by then.

Umpani New Area - Enemies weren't too hard, though the rewards weren't remarkable either; Bloodlust sucked because it was cursed, Blades of Aesir was okay although I stuck with the Lord Axe since it was one-handed, and none of my characters could use what was inside the secret chest. On an unrelated note, the flower field is probably the best place to train Iron Will.

Bayjin Shallows - I beat the Megalodon by getting it stuck inside a plant and then sniping it to death (LOL). Also although the Kraken was hard hitting, its HP was pretty low and thus I beat it when it decided to spray its useless draining cloud instead of attacking, letting me kill it without taking damage in the first round. Also there were two item dots I could never access that were located approximately near the Book of Water Jet according to the compass.

Bayjin - Place was easy since I was low 20s when I cleared this place. I found that the Brutal Dweller was too tall to follow me up the slope leading to its chamber, letting me snipe it to death.

Rapax Rift - Was low-mid 20s when I cleared this area. The monster level distribution are kinda odd...most are under 20, except for the High Priestesses (28) and the Assassins (a whopping 35!). The Pyromon/Horragoth/Inferno battle was surprisingly not too hard: Inferno spent most of its time casting relatively ignorable spells, Pyromon was mostly summoning sprites that could be eliminated with one Water Jet and throwing the occasional melee attack, and Horragoth was poking at my fighter alone who could take the hits.

Sea Caves - Not sure if fixable, but when you kill Brunatz, his original version is still present in the Ancient Dungeon.

Ice Canyons - I went here at mid 20s and the place was easy. Somehow the Ice Queen thought it was a brilliant idea to run up to my party, and ended up getting slaughtered in the first round of combat (though looking in the CF editor, I do see she actually does have a decent melee attack). The Ice Lord seems to have the exact same resistances as the Lava Lord despite being the polar opposite element - should swap its fire/water resistances.

Arnika-Trynton Road - The Guhls (supposed to be Ghoul?) were actually friendly during the Martyr fight, probably because they're the same ones that are part of Al-Necoril's shooting range that turn hostile via script. Both the zombies and guhls have rather high Divine resistance for undead. Also I ended up with two Skulls of Doom in the Necromani Vanguard encounter (one was dropped by him, the other appears on the ground when he started battle).

Oasis - Having been scared by the level 25 scorpions before, I ended up coming here at level 24-26 and totally breezed the place.

Monastery - I completely forgot about the Monastery Key on my first trip to Arnika, so I ended up coming here at level 24-26. Totally breezed the place, except of course for Brombadeg, who I provided a video for.

Pirate Island - Most of this place wasn't too bad, provided that I keep my range and didn't engage too many enemies at once. Some of the combat text was pretty weird though, hitting the humanoid-looking barbarians' "tails" and "vertebrae". I also had the fish become friendly to me in the fight vs. the Void Squid, provided I didn't kill them first (though they later turned on and attacked me when I was exploring the tank bottom).

Necromani Plane - Pretty tough place, as expected. I actually sniped the Xeno Queen by getting her stuck in the ledge (the right path leading to her has a spot where enemies tend to get stuck). Also shot the Keeper of the Crypts from behind the skeletal fence. I wasn't ever able to open the trapped chest without my spellcasters dying, as they always seem to take over 150 damage. Didn't fight the Schazzwozzer 'til later.

Primary Rocks - Finally learned to tank stuff instead of cheapout sniping, including Brombadeg Jr. and the dragon. I think the difficulty was okay for these areas, though the dragon was pretty scary with both the group of Helazoids and the unicorns attacking together. Also for Anachronos, her "minions" moved way too slow that she was long dead before they'd have a chance to catch up.

Savant Towers/Beyond Arnika - When you first appear in new areas, if you don't move, it seems that the enemies don't think you're actually there and just retreat. I encountered it with both the groups of savant robots and the Xenomorphs that attack you upon reaching their areas. Otherwise these places are fine in terms of difficulty.

Ascension Peak - All of the new bosses were fine...the things that probably scared me more were the annoying instant-death loving vanilla enemies that appeared with them, namely the Guardians of Quicksand and the Djinnis of the Death Cloud. The Rapax Army was was kinda sad, since they all died to one Water Jet/Neurotransmite combo...maybe beef the Rapax Prince's level just a bit, since the King's was apparently upped too (even though he wasn't really a threat anyway). However, the end contained what I believe was the most unfair fight in the entire mod: the three Savant Enforcers outside the city entrance, simply because of the no-magic zone. I found that the battle was skippable by standing really close to the door and getting the riddle prompt instead; after opening the door, I triggered the battle and fought inside the doorway, where only one Savant Enforcer could engage me at a time, which was much more manageable. Under normal circumstances though, I think that even a single Savant Enforcer would be enough for this encounter, maybe two on a "harder" difficulty.

Savant City - Party was at level 29-31 at this stage. All the encounters were fine. Some of the enemies had strange battle text like the Necromani/Barbarians before (for instance, I was hitting the "hips" and "vertebrae" of the Mega Bots). Also, the Cosmo Bot/Mega Bot/Stompo Bot are apparently female? Also hilariously, you could force attack and kill Altheides, and lose faction rating with the Cosmic Lords.

Dark Savant - I couldn't actually beat him without cheaping out...instead of talking to him, I initiated combat while he was still friendly and force attacked him, which also didn't spawn his minions (and when he won initiative, he was even nice enough to cast Eye for an Eye on one of my characters. Although on an "easier" difficulty setting I'd reduce the number of minions spawned or remove them entirely). Even then, Deranged Gaze totally wrecked me, even the characters that did have Iron Will. I ended up having to pray he never used it, and won the one battle he didn't. Also, in the ending, the voice clips are one text box ahead of the text being displayed.

Schazzwozzer - I only bothered fighting him seriously after beating the Savant (hooray for Portals!). For the love of Phoonzang, please remove Body of Stone from this guy's spell list! His level is too high for offensive magic to even be remotely considered an option, and BoS combined with his damage resistance makes him impossible to penetrate when he has it up. Otherwise, he fine as is, though his rewards kind of suck in my opinion (probably because I'd already beaten the game when I beat him). Maybe make the Demon Claw Fang strong vs. Deity so you can at least pwn the Dark Savant with it? (Otherwise, are there even any Bishop enemies in the game?)
    Last edited by Jadefang; 05-28-2012 at 04:36 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A couple of minor RPC issues...

Saxx is restricted from entering Marten's Bluff. I fixed it with the CF Editor so I could keep playing with him. This happened in a Umani-NPC-patched game. I didn't recruit him in any pre-patch games, so I don't know if the problem exists there too.

I thought I had solved the mystery of where Sparkle goes after you recruit and dismiss her. She turned up in the Umpani barracks next to Sgt Balbrak's room. After I ran the obstacle course and went back to the barracks, though, she had disappeared again. Exiting and reloading the game didn't make her re-appear (a trick which helps with Vi at Heli's).

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saxx's restriction from Marten's Bluff is from vanilla, yes. I assume most mods remove NPC restrictions, but maybe not.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Townltu, I am sorry if this question is kinda rushed, but when Reforged 1.2 is going to be released?
    I have just finished The Temple of Elemental Evil - Circle of Eight Modpack 7.2 NC (I highly recommend it to everyone, because the combat system is turn-based and Co8 Team managed to fix maaaaany bugs from the vanilla version) and I would really like to return to Dominus .
    The cost of sanity in this society, is a certain level of alienation. - Terence McKenna

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herry Hardfoot View Post
    A couple of minor RPC issues...

Saxx is restricted from entering Marten's Bluff. I fixed it with the CF Editor so I could keep playing with him. This happened in a Umani-NPC-patched game. I didn't recruit him in any pre-patch games, so I don't know if the problem exists there too.
    Q removed most area restrictions from NPCs, so i think that was not missed but is intended,
    Saxx may have become familar with other previously restricted areas
    but apparently still feels unwell at such "bug dominated" places :D
    So i would not call it a "fix" ;)
    btw and prolly faster:
    let the refusing RPC take at least as much weight until green, better red, and uneqip her/his stamina replenishers.
    Do a little jogging near the entrance to the location til unconsciousnes and enter.
    That can only be considered as small exploit, if at all.

"Sparkle"
    think you may "only" have encounterd the mod unspecific "missing RPC" bug.
    Did you reload a savegame before releasing sparkle?

Quote Originally Posted by ojajebie
    Townltu, I am sorry if this question is kinda rushed, but when Reforged 1.2 is going to be released?
    Nothing can be rushing if the sound of Raag Charukeshi played by Nikhil Banerjee is in the air.
    Which may give a hint on my basic working speed ;)

Think ~ 4 weeks if no more big obstacles appear,
    i lost time on health issues, 2 weeks on selfpruduced bugs(mainly one)
    same time on revising the basic "construction" which provides variable difficulties,
    first i relied completeley on a huge number of local variables and related NPC script entries,
    which are probably less reliable than facts and perhaps also limited in game.
    As a more detailed handling of facts from CF 3.91 on multiplies the usability of facts for such purposes by 8,
    i change as much as possible elements of the construction to rely on the good old facts.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by townltu View Post
    Nothing can be rushing if the sound of Raag Charukeshi played by Nikhil Banerjee is in the air.
    Which may give a hint on my basic working speed
    Beautiful. You'll never finish it!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wavydave View Post
    Beautiful. You'll never finish it!
    Perhaps you are right, sometimes i think he could continue playing that song for hours or days;)
    In case you really liked it, check Raag Kaushi(ki) Kanada 1985
    Sound qaulity is awful, but the performance makes that IMO insignificant.

boom

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which may give a hint on my basic working speed
    Ah, Berkeley 1967...those were the days my friend.....we thought they'd never e--uh, never mind...

Think ~ 4 weeks if no more big obstacles appear,
    i lost time on health issues,...
    Hope you are feeling better! Sounds great.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Q removed most area restrictions from NPCs, so i think that was not missed but is intended,
    Saxx may have become familar with other previously restricted areas
    but apparently still feels unwell at such "bug dominated" places
    So i would not call it a "fix"
    btw and prolly faster:
    let the refusing RPC take at least as much weight until green, better red, and uneqip her/his stamina replenishers.
    Do a little jogging near the entrance to the location til unconsciousnes and enter.
    That can only be considered as small exploit, if at all.
    Now that you mention it, it does make more sense that Saxx (in the mod) shouldn't be able to visit the bugs. It kind of balances the reaction you get from the Umpanis if you take Tantris into their base. I'll try the jogging-with-too-much-weight solution. There will be some personal satisfaction in running one of those gung-ho rhinos into the ground, even though Saxx is the least annoying Umpani.

"Sparkle"
    think you may "only" have encounterd the mod unspecific "missing RPC" bug.
    Did you reload a savegame before releasing sparkle?
    No, I recruited and dismissed Sparkle within a matter of moments, just to see where she would turn up later (in previous plays of the mod I couldn't find her again). The brief moment I saw her yesterday she wasn't in Balbrak's room, she was in the empty barracks next to Balbrak's room, a place I've never seen her in the vanilla game.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi everyone..

townltu you have any idea as to when the 1.2 mod is done,,, i have ben lurking for som time waiting,, i have not played version 1.1 yet,, waiting for 1.2

cheers
    Canadus

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ojajebie View Post
    I have just finished The Temple of Elemental Evil - Circle of Eight Modpack 7.2 NC (I highly recommend it to everyone, because the combat system is turn-based and Co8 Team managed to fix maaaaany bugs from the vanilla version) and I would really like to return to Dominus .

Do you have a shortcut tor that MOD ojajebie? I enjoyed playing TEE, is the mod very different/.........thanks

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default new portraits !?

Portraits made by Qusari quite some time ago:

new_portraits.jpg

Actually they have no eye or mouth movement, except 1 and 15,
    and i dont want to waist time in them if they stay unused, so my question:
    Which ones do you like most, if any, respectively which ones not at all?
    (multiple choices are ok)

Also, which original portraits would you prefer to be replaced with the new ones?
    (pls check the portaits in game for race/gender/characteristic)

Thanks for taking the time

p.s.
    i have some more, let me know if you like to see them:
    Rfs-81 with eye movement and code output, optionally wearing the mirrored shades from fallout 2,
    Picard/Locutus, a rather slim chewbacca and a scifi lizardman(from DS9?)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The main thing I would like to see is a big reduction in adversaries stuck in walls or firing through walls. My latest game has come to a halt outside the ninja dojo for that reason. I can't open the door while being targeted, but can't hit the ninja either.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rjstf
    The main thing I would like to see is a big reduction in adversaries stuck in walls or firing through walls. My latest game has come to a halt outside the ninja dojo for that reason. I can't open the door while being targeted, but can't hit the ninja either.
    Sorry but the exact cause for monsters wall penetration is still uncovered after much time of investigation.

But my nickname would be incorrect if i had no workaround to offer :
    Squared spells, respectively the spells which allow to assign the target without seeing it.

Place your party in a way that the monsters are in reach (x-ray helps a lot, but is not really required)
    and also that they dont see you. (in which case a voluntarily initiated combat ends with the same round)

When you initiate combat in given situation and cast a squared spell at them,
    the monsters will either approach (in case the pathfinding AI can "see" a way)
    or start to retreat within 1 round.
    Pls note that, depending on their parameters, the monsters may return to their initial place,
    either walking or even with a teleport(visible in radar), but you should have enough time to open the gate.

btw, the worst effects of this bug i had with the 3 Morax Batlords on pirates island near the sea of gloom,
    fortunately it happened in only one run that they could see my party at full distance.
    The Morax cant retreat in the small cage and it took >20 teleports to refill the ~20 mana stones,
    until the nearly ineffective psionic blasts had taken them out, despite their eye4eye etc.

/edit + p.s.
    how to target squared spells at unseen enemies:
    select spell and PL as usual, to target the spell hit [N], it cycles through the available victims in reach
    A target will blink in radar if x-ray is active, else you must rely your luck for the blind shot.
    (this can be dangerous as you might turn a friendly "required-to-ascend-NPC" hostile)
    Last edited by townltu; 09-16-2012 at 03:12 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Based on feedback ;) the actual "to be replaced" candidates among the vanilla portraits, marked with red cross:

Actual favourites from previously posted new portraits:
    Locutus, 1, 3, 4, 7/14, 11, 12, 13, 15,
    with 1 or 15 for RFS-81, 12 for the 2nd or 3rd Rawulf, perhaps 11 to replace fairy 1
    Attached Images Attached Images

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could you give examples of squared spells?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Could you give examples of squared spells?
    Sorry for my bad expression,
    the term "squared" refers to the symbol in front of a spell.
    The various symbols are visible in the spell list of a caster, e.g. the white square, green cone, blue sphere etc

The spells in detail: Sleep, Silence, Terror, Insanity, Psionic Blast, Slow, Freeze Flesh
    Last edited by townltu; 09-17-2012 at 02:52 AM. Reason: bad translation, changed blue "circle" to "sphere"

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, which original portraits would you prefer to be replaced with the new ones?
    No need to replace the original, it is better to add a new portrait.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xpadd91 View Post
    Yes its better to add new ones,
    but the maximum number of portraits appears to be a limited. and already at the maximum.

The .exe has specific entries,
    also in CF i cant assign any other NPC portrait set that does not have the appropriate name,
    though it is present in the install and works with the name of an original portrait.

In case you know a way to make more portraits availble for players directly in game, please tell me.
    Actually some are changed, the others must be renamed by players, a short explanation will be added.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xpadd91 View Post
    Yes its better to add new ones,
    but the maximum number of portraits appears to be a limited. and already at the maximum.

The .exe has specific entries,
    also in CF i cant assign any other NPC portrait set that does not have the appropriate name,
    though it is present in the install and works with the name of an original portrait.

In case you know a way to make more portraits availble for players directly in game, please tell me.
    Actually some are changed, the others must be renamed by players, a short explanation will be added.
    I think maybe there is a source wiz8.exe, you can do interceptor memory bytes CFInjector.exe , will antilimit portrait.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like more hobbit portrait choices. They are such a versatile class. More than once I've found I started a game with duplicate portraits of female hobbits in my party.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xpadd91
    I think maybe there is a source wiz8.exe, you can do interceptor memory bytes CFInjector.exe :), will antilimit portrait.
    Yes, if madgod can easily add such a function it would be more comfortable for unexperienced users,
    but if the effort appears too high, it should also be doable with the 2 pictures from above posting as reference to an explanation in readme.txt.
    Just 3-4 sentences more for the person who translates the mod ;)

---------------------------

I would like more hobbit portrait choices. They are such a versatile class. More than once I've found I started a game with duplicate portraits of female hobbits in my party.
    That problem exists for all 11 races with only 2 portraits per gender as long as the total number does not increase,
    actually i see no way to redistribute them in a fair way which would cover all players interests,
    besides to let each player rename the additional portraits according to his own preference.

I also suggest to use the portrait of a "wrong" race, this will have no impact on the characters values in any way,
    and some "foreign" portraits even appear to fit better, e.g. the beardless dwarf/the bearded hobbit appear to be confused

btw, nearly zero search results for hobbit portraits which are at least free to use and to modify, preferably public domain
    (else the credit section in readme might rise >1MB)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on feedback the actual "to be replaced" candidates among the vanilla portraits, marked with red cross:
    Actual favourites from previously posted new portraits:
    Locutus, 1, 3, 4, 7/14, 11, 12, 13, 15,
    with 1 or 15 for RFS-81, 12 for the 2nd or 3rd Rawulf, perhaps 11 to replace fairy 1
    Hello, Townltu!
    I don't think this replacement is a good idea. Especially for the original portrait #5 in the second row, i really loved it
    Moreover, these new portraits are of a different style (and have no animation) so they would mar the essential Wiz8 ambience.

And here's something about difficulty adjustment. I haven't yet played Reforged mod (waiting for 1.2 version), but i hope it adds some actually high lvl foes in all areas. In the original game on the max difficulty it appears that enemies are stuck at about lvl 15 despite of lvl indicated in their descrption, while complete playthrough ends up at about lvl 26-27, so the second half of the game is not that interesting as it could be. I think it may be caused by ultimate equipment which is not a problem to obtain. So in that case foes must be few lvls higher than player after about lvl 15 to maintain balance. Just imo

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Commdt
    I don't think this replacement is a good idea. Especially for the original portrait #5 in the second row, i really loved it
    that portrait was chosen by me as the ear appears "wrong", i have the impression to see the backside.

I am still undecided and would like to get feedback how the new portraits should be integrated,
    either as an optional part which requires user action to integrate single portrait sets(small, medium+large) respectively the whole pack,
    or integrated by default, so to remove it completely you simply must delete the folder wiz8\data\portraits, incl its subfolders,
    or delete 3 files in the 3 subfolders \small, \medium and \large to remove a single set and get back the original portrait.
    I actual case it would be the files:
    a) \portraits\large\LELFFF.sti
    b) \portraits\medium\MELFFF.sti
    c) \portraits\small\SELFFF.sti

Moreover, these new portraits are of a different style (and have no animation) so they would mar the essential Wiz8 ambience.
    I am deeply disappointed [just kidding;) that you think i would dare to offer static portraits ;)

Admittedly several of my "animations" are primitive townltu-style, often with a ":D"
    e.g. for 7/14 i had no better idea than to add "voice waves" coming out of the helmet,
    but i wont tell them all right now, you will have to check them in game :)

The ambience is of course different,
    but i still hope that they are appreciated by players who went through the wiz8 and mods dozens of times.
    The mod contains several helmets that are similar to portraits 7, 11 and perhaps also 15,
    i just created a item picture from #2 and will assign it to at least one spcl helmet,
    the dog could make an excellent rawulf gadgeteeer (though that combination may not be optimized;)
    and 4 or 12 are my spcl recommendations for a "bad guy solo run"

And here's something about difficulty adjustment. I haven't yet played Reforged mod (waiting for 1.2 version), but i hope it adds some actually high lvl foes in all areas. In the original game on the max difficulty it appears that enemies are stuck at about lvl 15 despite of lvl indicated in their descrption, while complete playthrough ends up at about lvl 26-27, so the second half of the game is not that interesting as it could be. I think it may be caused by ultimate equipment which is not a problem to obtain. So in that case foes must be few lvls higher than player after about lvl 15 to maintain balance. Just imo
    No need to wait for 1.2 if you havent played 1.0 or 1.1 yet
    The high lvl foes were already integrated by Q, my new monsters dont extend in lvls, only some parameters.
    The 1.2 update will give players an option to adjust difficulty of combats etc,
    independant from the games 3 adjustments, but also irreversible.
    By default there are no changes to Qusaris Reforged 1.0/1.1, which are imo less difficult than Dodds and definitely harder than vanilla.
    For 1.2 the difficulty will stay between 1.0/1.1,
    the modern weapons from 1.1 are restricted and some exploits like in the 2 youtube "sniping xx" vids will hopefully be blocked ;)
    The highest difficulty may be harder than Dodds(i am still working on this) while the mod internal "easy" should be on half way to vanilla Wiz8

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've heared that in the 1.2 some bugs and imbalances will be fixed so that's what i'm waiting it for.
    The 1.2 update will give players an option to adjust difficulty of combats etc,
    The highest difficulty may be harder than Dodds(i am still working on this)
    And that sounds great! Thanks for the reply.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE]I don't think this replacement is a good idea. Especially for the original portrait #5 in I am still undecided and would like to get feedback how the new portraits should be integrated,
    either as an optional part which requires user action to integrate single portrait sets(small, medium+large) respectively the whole pack,
    or integrated by default, so to remove it completely you simply must delete the folder wiz8\data\portraits, incl its subfolders,
    or delete 3 files in the 3 subfolders \small, \medium and \large to remove a single set and get back the original portrait.
    I actual case it would be the files:
    a) \portraits\large\LELFFF.sti
    b) \portraits\medium\MELFFF.sti
    c) \portraits\small\SELFFF.sti
    [\quote]

My vote is to include the portraits in the mod by default. Installation of the mod will be easier that way. If I understand your post, players who don't like them will still be able to delete them by following your instructions.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where can i download ver 1.2?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jaro69 View Post
    where can i download ver 1.2?
    version 1.2 hasn't been released yet

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default feedback

Reforged 1.1 feedback
    I am totally amazed buy the amount of work done on the mod.
    I will not list my congratulations here to keep post short.
    Played only till Arnika so far, not much to comment at the moment.

Monster fights:
    -Dungore may insta kill weaker party members with with noxious fumes, or shrill sound. Luckily he did not cast in on me. I suggest change the spell to something more suiting for a lord.
    -Brain borers (x3) obliterate my squad. Nearly impervious to spells, tough armour,, too early for insanity. I figure you are not supposed to fight them, maybe i am the only one who fails to see the reason to keep them there.
    -Gregor seems too weak, higher chance of poison maybe.

Other bugs/misplacements/imbalances
    -Many spell miss sounds: enchanted blade, shrill sound, etc. Intentional?
    -Food greatly done, but too powerful. Corn, meat should not be lvl7. Suggest drop corn to lvl 3, restrict raw meat to monster races. Also there is no cure disease food for sale, intentional?
    -Father Pontifex does not say/do anything special after meeting end portal in dungeon and handing over map, yet the message says to go talk to him
    -Long sword -> broad sword at the sharpening well seems awkward, could be acceptable the other way or --> Long Sword Sharpened
    -Bearded war axe is only 1-6dmg and 500gp, too light for the looks too. Most basic hand axe is 1-12,85gp
    -Malmir only 1 gp?
    -Short sword needs to be overhand too.
    -Pontifex giving -20 permanent pickpocket = loadgame. Too harsh, and he does not look poor at all.
    -Deadchest1 in the Dungeon is really poor, should have separate loot table i think, being that much camouflaged. I only managed to find it with CosmicForge, and i had "search on" all the time, no ranger though.

So much so far.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hi and thanks for feedback, some comments:

All credits go to Qusari!

"include the portraits in the mod by default"
    Your wish is my command, master!
    oh no, wait, that am i myself, perhaps i should i say Commander?
    (as reference to "master and commander, to the far ...")

I will spread some selected among races, probably according to previous postings,
    but there is still time to vote for specific portraits as replacement/to be replaced!

"Dungeore"
    well, i believe to remember that there is a message which points out the danger,
    so i think its more the "if you are not strong enough" thingie, plus "how to",
    e.g. in such obvious cases i open the gate from the side and initiate combat to get the surprise ;)

As the encounter is not required to proceed through location or plot, i think i keep it as is,
    else he well be a cakewalk for parties who passed the rest of the dungeon, except the:

"Brain Borers"
    They have no "warning!" sign, but if things go bad, there is an easy way to escape from the battle (jump into the sewer canal)
    Also in this encounter the parties placement decides whether you play with white or black
    (in chess terms, as white starts with initiative;)

"Gregor"
    somewhat problematic, as its rather unpredictable when/at what lvl the parties will arrive at the monastery.

If i manage to implemet the "read party avg level and adjust encounter accordingly" thingie done with LUA at all (think i have to ask madgod)
    Gregor may or may not become "party-lvl adaptive".

Additionally said to dungeore and the brain borers: i think it makes a game more interesting
    if locations contains "too tough" opponents for the intended party lvl
    Of course there should be a hint or a chance to retreat from battle,
    as it makes no fun if the decision to fight an opponent, respectively an ambush,
    results in unavoidable destruction of a party at reasonable level.

"Many spell miss sounds"
    I am not 100% sure, but think all sounds should play as usual, from that i would suppose its a local issue
    e.g. enchanted_blade script is unmodified.
    Could it be that all spells miss their sounds in that install?
    If so run 3D setup (again;) and choose "miles sound system" as audio device
    also enable/rise volume for sound fx (just in case, no offense intended;)
    Then ensure that the file Wiz8InstallDir\Data\Sound\sound.slf is present.

If not all spell sounds are missing, i actually have no idea

"Food > cure disease"
    think i already changed one from cure health to cure desease,
    else a restoration spell/item will also help.

"gave map to Pontifex"
    the map has no use with pontifex, but its no big trouble as it is not required to proceed in the main plot

"LongSw > BroadSw" admittedly its hard to imagine someone to "reforge" a broader blade from a thinner one with a grindstone,
    but hey, you can transform a 60gp item to a 85gp item without limit!
    This should justify much longer queues at the grindstone than at apple shops when they release new crap ;)

taking the buy/sell loss of antone into account,
    you only need to grind ~52000 long swords in order to buy the house from the real estate broker :D:D:D

Question:
    Shall i keep it or add a sharpened longsword with minimal better attributes, but less gain in $?
    (only 1-6gp per grinded sword if you decide to buy/resell at Antones)

"bearded war axe"
    well, it resembles an apple product, exaggerated price only for image of the item, while the real values are standard.
    to become serious, think i changed the picture, but didnt dare to touch dmg/$ etc for balance reasons

"malmir"
    one of the imo overpowered weapons
    i will resist any petitions, threats etc, except an rational argument, to rise any of their parameters.
    Except their weigth. :p

"short sword -> Dual"
    good suggestion, thanks, just done, think it wont have remarkable impact on balance
    btw, Antone sells a nice Cutlass

"-20 pickpocket"
    well, i must admit that this was new to me, though i alway picked his pockets, obviously always succesful,
    perhaps because i do the "decisive" picks and those with high lvl NPCs after the training.
    -20 appears too harsh, especially for pickpocket, one of the most boring and hardest to train skills.
    Not to speak of Iron Man runs.
    My Party would have tortoured him over several days if this had happened,
    imagine he sends you down from 100 to 80,
    does anybody here have an imagination how long the last 5 points would take?

Anyway, its probably because Qusari wanted to prevent something to happen, at least too early,
    so i see no big options to change it, besides other "rewards" for unsuccesfull pickpocketing with similar consequences,
    or removing the specific item instantly from party just after it has been stolen.
    With the possible side effect that it is missing in the game when required.

"Deadchest treasure"
    I see what you mean, but the rewards in the dungeon are already high,
    i cant rise the treasure in the chest without more negative impact on $ balance(at that point)
    See the main reward in learning how also other things may be hidden in Reforged 1.1,
    and as preperation for 1.2 where some things(not required for the plot!) are really difficult to find.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

townltu thx for reply

Cure disease. There is one food for cure disease, but its not sold at Arnika entrance, and seems to have only 1 location to be found.

Missing spell sounds. Looks like my game is broken.

Gregor. Met him with lvl5 party. But as he has no real reward for killing, he may stay the way he is.

Pontifex after DungeonPortal met.
    Maybe i did not spell correctly. After you visit end portal in dungeon, a message pops to visit Pontifex. But Pontifex does not do/give anything other then his standard line. Maybe its wise to change the message to "...get back to your quest" sort of.

Longsword -> Sharpened LongSrod (+6gp)

Malmir. It is as overpowered as half the new gear. But why keep its price to 1? Curse it, brake it, but as it is, looks like a bug.

Deadchest. Keeping gold low is wise. Low reward is not. But its possible to keep both sides happy. Suggestions below.
    1. Add items with low value but giving the feel of some treasure e.g.: tarnished sword, mail, tarnished helm. As an extra reward from that chest only.
    2. Lower the reward from other chests increase from Deadchest to keep things balanced.
    3. Add item with low value like cursed, but with some interesting and balanced bonus.
    4. Add item with little value, but upgradable later on.

-----------
    more things noticed.
    -Spider silk has any use? If not, i would add "Trade good only." or sth like that.
    -Reforge inherited the shortage of throwing stars, throwing daggers, throwing darts from the vanila. I suggest adding: Antone-stars, Crock-daggers, Burz-darts. I think there should not be a shortage of basic versions of those.
    -40'000gp just lying in the middle of grass field at umpani base is a bit unusual, not to mention its imbalancing too. Spoiler: Chainsaw.
    -War scepter with +power strike is good idea, but "2" seems too small to matter. I will do some testing for this.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tests done.
    Power strike skill only increases hit chances. It does not penetrate through monsters damage resistance.
    Giving in on a weapon is like adding +hit chance. 80 power strike seem to increase the chance by roughly 80%. Two times hit before, 4 times hit after adding 80 powerstrike. Making a rough guess here: 20powerstrike = +1hitchance

Malmir. I changed my mind. Its not the only weapon with 1gp price. If balance reasons require it can stay as it is.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

thank you for the new feedback

" a message pops to visit Pontifex. But Pontifex does not do/give anything other then his standard line.
    Maybe its wise to change the message to "...get back to your quest" sort of."

sounds good, this will make it independant from where/when the party reads the message

"spider silk"

Its a required item at a distinct place, but i think only a single instance,
    and also a component of a custom item from a vendor,
    though i could imagine several other purposes, like an ultraleightweight rope

"shortage of throwing weapons"

i have already tried to compensate moderately, I cant add much more to antone or crocks list,
    even in vanila Wiz8 the always generated ammo will sooner or later fill the shop
    and prevent restocking of other items.

"40000gp"
    unfortunately i dont have any anim with a chainsaw, else i would put it in the hands of "something"
    or i could transform it into something else, lets say a hedge trimmer in the hands of "Ruthless"
    who has to be convinced in NPC interaction to give it to party voluntarily, or ..... ;)
    Of course this would require to add some brambles and thorns to the trees, and the obligatory sleeping beauty in the building :D

I even think that would be possible, but i am not really sure whether Q would like to see it in his mod

"Power Strike"
    thanks for checking, it confirms the official comment:
    "POWER STRIKE: Using any close combat weapon, the ability to strike a
    blow so hard that it has a greatly increased chance of penetration"
    except from official Wizardry 8 manual

"War scepter"
    well, its a rather early weapon, probably wise not to lift its power,
    and i think Qusari intended to add some flavour without hitting balance, if so well done,
    the 2 points power strike will probably have less impact for low lvl characters than rising the ko chance from 5% to 6%,
    if you even add a single damage point on the same weapon, the 16% increase from avarage of 1D6+2 to 1D6+3 would have much more impact.
    Last edited by townltu; 11-03-2012 at 05:36 PM. Reason: typos

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I need some feedback/advice about fashion

I put "some" time into the attempt to create texture sets from unused textures of vanilla wiz8,
    like color variations, new faces, or plastic surgery on the terrible scars in the bandit faces.

And of course dyeing females clothes all over Dominus with the "in" coulours of this season

But today i showed my little son the workout for the Dark Savant and got a shattering verdict.
    So i need some merciless feedback how he should look like, old or new left or right

Spoiler!

Or do you think we also need a "dirty DS" for the icky swamp and DS in dress uniform with chest full of medals&insignia at the showdown?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So i need some merciless feedback how he should look like, old or new left or right

Or do you think we also need a "dirty DS" for the icky swamp and DS in dress uniform with chest full of medals&insignia at the showdown?
    Hmmm, how merciless can I be...

The 2 images are so similar I can't really see a point to changing the original. The idea of a "dress uniform" at the finale is interesting though.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

townltu thx for all the work, mod seems to be getting only better

Savant look
    I like the right one more. Less of a cheap-scary-tactics, with his red glowing "eyes".

40'000
    I only meant, letting it lay there might be making the game too easy.
    Immersion wise, its the perfect place for such toy.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

----More insight.
    Higardi Turncoat in monastery too hard.
    Lvl 10 party (magic screen + element shield on), blown to piece by his prismic ray. Three dead.
    Being higher level would make all other monastery fights too easy: rats lvl3, lizards lvl6, bandits lvl10.
    As a sidenote, he gave me 2x sword and 2x cloak, even though Forge shows his droptable is only one. 1d0+1

Offhand.
    Maybe i am asking too much but there is no offhand axes, and only one offhand sword - (heavy) cutlass. Bad choice for P/S really. Offhand cadidate is hatchet in my opinion. Wakizashis dont count as its only for samurais.
    Last edited by acqsen; 11-04-2012 at 04:59 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funnily enough the first few rounds of Wizardry I played I did not realize that there is a head in the glass globe. I thought or "saw" the red stripes which looked like a nose, as head of the Savant !

I remember having played around to remove the glass globe completely but the head is just too small and to dark compared to the armor so I did not change anything at all.

I still like the orignal better, the idea to change his clothes for the final fight is interesting.

As for weapons change and stats changes and so on ... I put my full trust into your decisions, so I really leave it up to you what you like to change and whatnot.

You are clearly thoughtfull and experienced and I dont think that you will screw up things .... so really go ahead.

Maybe a little off topic and not really related.

I ve been playing a rather big amount of time of Mass Effect 3 multiplayer recently. The strategy there is to adjust on weekly updates some stats on items respectively guns !

You can never be sure that your most liked gun works as the week before. This regular tweaking of stats was kind of unusal and needed some time to adapt to.

What I want to say is that there is some playground in stats of weapons which really does not imbalance the game too much = just a random remark

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Higardi Turncoat.
    I set the drop amount to 1d1+0 and it drops correctly only 1 each item.
    Apparetnly 1d0=1 for Wiz8.

Hey Qusari, nice to see you around, and thx for great mod.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

since I 've just started the mod recently & never played it before -here is my fresh look, gonna add my 2 cents.

Comparing to vanilla version & some mods where u make umpani & trang quests & get enough levels alongside to feel yourself comfortable in new locations, it's just a bit confusing here ( speaking of the sequence of further quests to do ) imho, I 've completed shooting range & covert ops @ umpani, killed raven rapax & kinda stuck,
    wandered through several locations like -opened the tunnel behind anselm & found there high lvl pretty tough elementals,
    went to sea caves, climbed up the rope to see death knights & spirits which got several extra lvls from Q making them a bit too tough for my current party. So I don't know where to go with my current lvl right now, which quests i can handle,
    & I don't really want to just lvl up somewhere to handle locations I 've mentioned above.
    So I 'd suggest adding a scroll somewhere in the begining with a tip, like which quests should be done in the first place.

Speaking of the dungeon's brain borers - i agree that u 've been told by pontific that u can train a bit @ arnika road if u don't want to go there ( to the dungeon) so , those fights are avoidable.
    Unlike, for example, @ trinton where u jump down into the river to get the ring of protection & when u can only jump down the waterfall, where i faced bunch of lvl 16 tanika fish with my 7th lvl party & since I have a bad habbit of using only quick saves thinking 3 of them will always be enough - I discovered all my 3 saves are downstairs in the river & there is no way to climb up.. so I tried to fight that lvl 16 group of tanikas ,got pwned hard & I felt like - trolled hard by Qusari ! )
    I 'd suggest making a ladder there or a roadsign - "warning ! don't jump down unless u r prepared! " ( otherwise a player who tries the mod for the first time can waste several hours of the game like I almost did using only quick saves :/

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes i found this difficulty during testing of my first mod.
    The treasure hunters blocking the trade routes were too tough at first which meant that even when players had completed all the quests they could get to they still were not strong enough to clear the routes.
    This meant they had to spend many hours searching for low to mid level battles to get the party sufficiently developed to unlock the blocked areas which becomes boring.
    There has to be a constant flow of progressively harder battles along with plenty to do in the way of side quests to create a good flow and keep players interested.
    This is only accomplished during the testing phase of modding, and if testing takes 6 months or a year to accomplish this flow then so be it.
    It is worth the extra time to ensure that there are not going to be a torrent of complaints about game balance.
    That said. If there is a lot of content to ensure this flow then you need to use your first play through to figure out your method of play for future runs
    I feel that a first run to figure things out is better than a spoiler sheet.
    Reforged is definitely a mod that requires more than one play through to fully appreciate, but this is good because we want re-playable mods.
    A sheet that tells you which order to do quests in would take away the need and desire to replay the mod. For me it is the figuring all of that out that makes the game fun.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@MightyBro
    You can climb out of the river, search around. Unless you fell down the waterfall and saved.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DoddTheSlayer View Post
    A sheet that tells you which order to do quests in would take away the need and desire to replay the mod. For me it is the figuring all of that out that makes the game fun.
    I meant just some hints, clues.
    "things -to-do sheet" u mentioned would completely spoil the fun , ofc.

p.s.
    a couple of things speaking of the feedback: (prolly I will not be first to mention it but still )

koi dachi sword has a requirement " sword 85 " to use. by the time u will get that sword's skill level ,doing quests alongslide - your ninja will surely gett much better sword(s) so this reqiurement makes it only good to get a profit sellin it.

rune sword anselm gives you to activate a door behind him is a sellable item so u can accidentially sell it to some vendor ( not a big prob for the people familiar with cosmic forge but still )

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I 've forgot to add ( sorry for the off-topic but seems like i can't edit my prev. msg anymore), stuff I posted above is just my humble opinion )

thanks for the mod Qusari, it is really entertaining, after the few mods in a row i got quite bored seeing not too much changes & it thinking of putting away wiz for a while, untill i tried reforged)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your recurring nightmare Lord Shield's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I managed to do all the fights without hunting around for critters to level up, but some required many tries. That dragon and the valkyrie allies, for instance (forget the place name, you're hunting for clock bits). I managed it by doing a run to an edge and keeping a couple of enemy valks alive in front of me so the dragon couldn't get too close. Whomped him at range before finishing off the two soldiers trying to tickle me lol!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's definitely one of the the nastiest battles in the mod - I'm currently playing through again and am nearly there. Got to level up a bit more before I try though (cue Chronos exploit)...

Your recurring nightmare Lord Shield's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The glabrezu (Schnazzwozzer?) took the most effort, but I did it with my first try. Whole fight took 50 minutes though lol! Reminded me of some Final Fantasy boss fights

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have played the Reforged 1.1 to completion twice, but that was some time ago and my memory is a bit fuzzy as I have played most of the MOD's created for Wiz 8 over the past 10-12 years. If memory serves me correctly the only thing I wished were different was that in reforged offensive spells became more and more useless as the game went on.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast