Thread: Upcoming Reforged 1.2: Feedback required to adjust difficulty lvls

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Shield
    The glabrezu (Schnazzwozzer?) took the most effort, but I did it with my first try. Whole fight took 50 minutes though lol! Reminded me of some Final Fantasy boss fights
    Schazzwozzer

Nickname of the guy who created the monster model,
    rather sure that Q wanted to give credits that way, he was rather pleased by the animation, and i fully agree!

So pardon me for correction, i am usually not the grammar nazi, also could not afford that with my english;)

.. took 50 minutes ...
    combined with
    .. I did it with my first try ...
    sounds like a good fight to me

Quote Originally Posted by MightyBro
    koi dachi sword has a requirement " sword 85 " to use. by the time u will get that sword's skill level ,
    doing quests alongslide - your ninja will surely gett much better sword(s) so this reqiurement makes it only good to get a profit sellin it.

rune sword ... ... can accidentially sell it to some vendor
    rune sword is fixed

regarding koi swords usability/requirement of 75 in sword skill,
    i think there are enough other swords for samurais, none of my samurais ever felt the need to use it.
    I should add that i usually dont use weapons which are automatically dropped because of requirements.

btw koi, my spcl recommendation goes to the fish skinner,
    in the beginning also decent weapon, its probably the best "training dagger" of the mod

OT:
    i must admit that i didnt even try to upld something to the box until some minutes ago, it works,
    but there may be the (unacceptable;) backdraw that the space is added to my account, i will check that out later....

Quote Originally Posted by mauddibatreides
    If memory serves me correctly the only thing I wished were different was that in reforged offensive spells became more and more useless as the game went on.
    Sorry but the spells will stay as they are, it would require a complete overhaul of all spells,
    to lower nearly all new monsters so they fit in queue with vanilla lvls, also for a big part of the vanilla monsters, in order to make place for the new bosses.
    Optionally we would need more spells for characters than there are available in the engine,
    with spells of "virtual" higher level (casting restricted by lua script to PC lvls 30/35 for 8th/9th lvl spells or specific facts)
    The basic layout could be done by a single person in resonable time,
    but the testing only by many, or a program designed to calculate the spells parameters.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I should have copied the error message... when Blaze tries to cast Element Shield I get thrown out of the game and get an error message, something about target I think.
    Not Aelfinn or Eelfinn, but Realfinn

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never mind, I changed Blaze's spellcasting to 100 % Element Shield but could not reproduce the error. After three tries I quit the situation.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Erkilmarl
    Never mind, I changed Blaze's spellcasting to 100 % Element Shield but could not reproduce the error. After three tries I quit the situation.
    Thanks for feedback

btw that does fit to my general expection, and also exactly to what i wanted to hear from you :D
    already checked Blaze and couldnt find anything wrong,
    even thought about posting "target" and spell related error messages for you, similar to an identification parade;)

Creator of Reforged Mod 1.1 Qusari's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am wondering if Satan Clause maybe has a special gift to deliver for christmas ... or will it be to the 1 year anniversary?
    Find all Wiz 8 mods exclusively on this site:
    http://www.zimlab.com/wizardry/wiz8mods.htm

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qusari View Post
    I am wondering if Satan Clause maybe has a special gift to deliver for christmas ... or will it be to the 1 year anniversary? [face_alien_1]
    after all the delay, i think i should give no more release dates which might be not realistic.
    That would be too satanic, if it must be xmas related at all(for me as xmas-negative) i would prefer a SC similar to the one in Pratchett`s hogfather :D

But i promise not to add any more Locations, monster models(aready done;),
    or to change the difficulty system for a 4th time o:

The additional hordes of monsters in mongens require testing,
    no release before i think its more or less "on the queue".
    If the difficulty scaling of the monster generators results reveales itself as still unbalanced,
    perhaps because i do not cover the variations of other players combat styles sufficiently,
    a simple update of up/downscaled encountertables.dbs would do the trick,
    because a reserve of low-lvl and uber-lvl monsters is already integrated in monsters.dbs and the mongens.

There are some msf scripts to polish which can be simply taken out if they dont work flawless,
    nearly all that stuff is for decoration only.
    Only "important" thing still unsolved is how to read out the XP pts of all party members and calculate Party avg,
    in order to allow vendors to sell special Items
    If unachieveable i have an option which is confirmed to work,
    new triggers and alredy existing ones "collect" party achivements, i.e. a lua script add distinct values to a facts byte (range is 0-255)
    from distinct value on the items become available.

and now to something completely different:
    I just checked the link in your sig, it is, as far as i can see, not the knollenblätterpilz patch!
    afair the knollenblätterpilz(aka Amanita Phalloides, iirc;)-Patch corrects the texture entry in \data\items3D\plantpilz5.itm,
    and the corresponding renamed version of the texture file,(dunno the precise name, should be knollenblaetterpilz_grün.tga to knollblatt.tga?)

(psst @Qusari :
    Spoiler!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Town

Once again you save my ass The description indeed was wrong for the texture patch, I corrected it. The patch itself is correct I wanted to have it for the ...tröpfling

I thought that the knollenblätterpilz one is provided at Snafarus site, but upon cheking it .... it is not. Apparently the patch to knollenblätter pilz has vanished or the download went under with the old board ? Not sure what happend here it could also be that I uploaded the knollenblätter upon request for a single player and never distributed it for everybody...I remember that you gave a lot of tips on this one. So maybe I never released it officialy.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hi Q

I believe to remember that you had made the patch and that it was available, perhaps still on megaupld?
    However i also could not find it some weeks ago and made a temporary "replacement patch" which you can find here ,
    and here somewhat later the real patch which fixes the original blue mush with an 128x128 texture,
    the 256er did not compess sufficiently to fit into the 100kb limit for attachments.

OT
    I remember you mentioned the lack of timing for events.

The msf script file command [DELAY <nnn>] makes monsters stop for nnn milliseconds, it is quite precise,
    much better than to let them walk from one NPP to the next and then use the msf command [trigger <triggername>]
    which requires to note times in game, not easy to watch hostiles that way

Probably even better: a doorlike DO`s autoclosing mechanism can be used to trigger->trigger something else (affects xx) on closing only,
    because the affected trigger->trigger was blocked by loc var when doorlike DO is activated the first time (itself may also set the loc var)
    This has the advantage that the party has to leave the "detection zone" of the door like DO (=DOs internal trigger radius)
    before the timer starts the countdown for closing the door.

The "detection zone" can also be simulated with trigger type "disable/enable" and "toggleOn/Off"

btw my question:
    Do you know whether its possible to influence the timer for autoclosing doors?
    (i know that Main Parameter 1 determines autoclose/non autoclose if set to -1/o,
    and already checked Main Parm1 at +10 and +100; and Main P1 at -1 with main 2 set to +10

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing that I would suggest is allowing you to repeat conversations with the new quest givers. Or perhaps enhancing the journal to include more. The new quests can be a bit obscure and an in-game reminder now and then would probably give you and Qusari a bit of relief from all the repetitive questions...... :-)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now did something strange happen. My party encountered Deathsting Apuses in Lower Marten's Bluff. Some T'Rang were involved and some died and I'm not completely sure which monster dropped a Dark Savant loot, Dragon Key and Cobaltine Powerglove.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Erkilmarl View Post
    Now did something strange happen. My party encountered Deathsting Apuses in Lower Marten's Bluff. Some T'Rang were involved and some died and I'm not completely sure which monster dropped a Dark Savant loot, Dragon Key and Cobaltine Powerglove.
    I suppose this could be a gamebraker,
    as the consequence might be that the DS will either not appear in SC (respectively instantly vanish when entering the location the 1st time)
    or it could be that ony the NPC function "died" in which case he will not activate the spawn of his guards and turn hostile automatically.

If you dont have/want to use a previous savegame,
    create an arrival portal near the DS in SC,
    then redirect an accessible teleporter to the just created arrival
    (it does not matter if the location was already visited in game,
    just dont try it with the trangaporter at LMB, its destinations are buried in the exe ;) )

load the save with DS loot dropped by the trang NSC, jump to the DS in SC and initiate speech,
    in case he replies, turns hostile and spawns his support you are fine with the safe.

Else you could clone the DS npc, e.g. use NPC [play day],
    clone the DS monster to a new one, assign cloned play_day/DS to new DS mosterclone,
    replace old DS-monster in SC. Done. But works only if you didnt visit SC in the actual queue of used saves!

btw the possibility of an exploit by "attack without NPC interaction to avoid spawn of the digimads" has been removed, ok?
    I could still switch back to the old setup very easy...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by townltu View Post
    Hi Q

I believe to remember that you had made the patch and that it was available, perhaps still on megaupld?
    However i also could not find it some weeks ago and made a temporary "replacement patch" which you can find here ,
    and here somewhat later the real patch which fixes the original blue mush with an 128x128 texture,
    the 256er did not compess sufficiently to fit into the 100kb limit for attachments.

OT
    I remember you mentioned the lack of timing for events.

The msf script file command [DELAY <nnn>] makes monsters stop for nnn milliseconds, it is quite precise,
    much better than to let them walk from one NPP to the next and then use the msf command [trigger <triggername>]
    which requires to note times in game, not easy to watch hostiles that way

Probably even better: a doorlike DO`s autoclosing mechanism can be used to trigger->trigger something else (affects xx) on closing only,
    because the affected trigger->trigger was blocked by loc var when doorlike DO is activated the first time (itself may also set the loc var)
    This has the advantage that the party has to leave the "detection zone" of the door like DO (=DOs internal trigger radius)
    before the timer starts the countdown for closing the door.

The "detection zone" can also be simulated with trigger type "disable/enable" and "toggleOn/Off"

btw my question:
    Do you know whether its possible to influence the timer for autoclosing doors?
    (i know that Main Parameter 1 determines autoclose/non autoclose if set to -1/o,
    and already checked Main Parm1 at +10 and +100; and Main P1 at -1 with main 2 set to +10

Just in short = good one with the delay command

Although I several times tested quite throughly parameters within the door
    / autoclose object I never found something which could be influenced by changing the paramteres = so unfortunately no = I think it is not possible to influence anything there

I will see if I can upload your patch together with the the tröpfling patch / or combine them or something ..... if I dont find a convinient solution just now ... there is a chance I will do it in the next 3 weeks ...... since I will have holidays

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@townltu . It took some time but I checked things out and Dark Savant did his speech and then initiated combat. So I guess I'm safe.

Can't remember what was the easy way to set things where "you are standing" in the editor, for it seems to give you some random coordinates for placing things. Now I had to do some copypasting for the teleport.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

townltu - in my last playthrough, I had a few crashes in Beyond Arnika when fighting the Xenomorphs. I seem to remember the same thing happening before...possibly when the Xenos were moving towards the party - obstacles maybe? Last time was a real problem - when I was fighting the 3 creatures after activating the stuff in the spaceport, I had to restart about 4-5 times before success due to CTD.

Have you encountered the same or is it just me? Just wondered whether it was worth checking for 1.2 before you finish.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello again! Just've remembered one more thing, again beg you pardon if it's been already overlooked in Reforged mod.
    It's about weight of ammo/arrows/bolts. Seriously, a bunch of arrows being weighed heavier than a full set of armor has always been made me at least.. uhm, puzzled. Obviously it has a purpose as forcing ranged oriented characters to bump strength or suffer being restricted of usage of a good armor or constantly happen to run out of ammo during a battle. But shouldn't it've been realized some other way, say by making heavy armors heavier? Another one is about that the better ammunition is the more it weighs. Looks like they tie those solid heavy enchantments to arrows with a rope. Isn't a cost of such ammunition or its limited quantity a sufficient price?
    Again just imo.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@townltu . It took some time but I checked things out and Dark Savant did his speech and then initiated combat. So I guess I'm safe.
    thanks for checking this out, (hopefully;) one thing less to care,
    i was worried about that because if my changes did not remove the NPC database bug completely,
    and only reduced the chance that it occurs,
    this appears to indicate that it does not automaticall result in a gamebraker if a crucial NPC is inflicted and dies.
    But there is still the danger that distinct jumps in the script may occur unintendly
    if the NPC is linked to the wrong monster and players speak to the monster.

Just for the record:
    My assumption was based on the folllowing:
    I frequently use adjusted NPC scripts of released RPCs to check some changes in game.
    Also i put new monsters for tests on their .mls file into the slots for summonable monsters.

Both methods have the advantage that you can edit NPC or .mls script without having to quit game or reload a save.

When i unintendedly instakilled a summoned monster in a fight that had the RFS character as NPC assigned and released RFS later,
    he became unrecruitable afterwards, i simply couldnt speak to him anymore,
    it appears as if the NPC is marked as dead(which appears reasonable for humans, but imo not obligatory for the engine)
    or the monster looses the link to the NPC.

Can't remember what was the easy way to set things where "you are standing" in the editor, for it seems to give you some random coordinates for placing things. Now I had to do some copypasting for the teleport.
    below the 3D window, you see the 6 arrows to move an entity along the X,Y,Z coordinates, aka 3 directions,
    the seveth arrow will move it directly to the camera position, while the last will place it on the closest terrain face on Z axis ( may also lift it up!)

Quote Originally Posted by wavydave View Post
    townltu - in my last playthrough, I had a few crashes in Beyond Arnika when fighting the Xenomorphs. I seem to remember the same thing happening before...possibly when the Xenos were moving towards the party - obstacles maybe? Last time was a real problem - when I was fighting the 3 creatures after activating the stuff in the spaceport, I had to restart about 4-5 times before success due to CTD.

Have you encountered the same or is it just me? Just wondered whether it was worth checking for 1.2 before you finish.
    Dunno exactly, perhaps had one crash during many combats with them, one of my test characters has his portal placed in that location,
    resulting in many unintend arrival there, and i have this urge when it comes to the question "... Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?"

Location appears quite clean, no obstacles except the eggs, the model of the alien could be the cuase, it has, well, had;)
    no transition so the difference in vertpositions may be the causehverts move

Quote Originally Posted by Commdt View Post
    Hello again! Just've remembered one more thing, again beg you pardon if it's been already overlooked in Reforged mod.
    It's about weight of ammo/arrows/bolts. Seriously, a bunch of arrows being weighed heavier than a full set of armor has always been made me at least.. uhm, puzzled. Obviously it has a purpose as forcing ranged oriented characters to bump strength or suffer being restricted of usage of a good armor or constantly happen to run out of ammo during a battle. But shouldn't it've been realized some other way, say by making heavy armors heavier? Another one is about that the better ammunition is the more it weighs. Looks like they tie those solid heavy enchantments to arrows with a rope. Isn't a cost of such ammunition or its limited quantity a sufficient price?
    Again just imo.
    From my viewpoint as a player of the game i can understand you quite well,
    i prefer solo, keep encumbrance always in white level, and dont use weapons heavier than 6.0 lbs or with initiative malus ("the need for speed";)

As a modder i must decline, because of the heavy impact which weight has on balance,
    e.g. from 6.0 lbs on you will loose an additional swing,
    the impact of weight on stamina loss by used weapon/ammo may appear neglectable,
    but the more attacks in a row/the longer the battle, the higher the impact.
    Ammo weight appears also quite well calculated, which may explain the higher weight of better ammo,
    respectively the lower weigth of medusa stones as the top sling ammo
    (if we keep the nuggets out, as they are limited to placed loot in vanilla
    I would even say they depend on each other so much that i would have to adjust them all together to keep the relation,
    but the weight scaling is not small enough, 0.1 lbs is the smalles weight unit and step size.

btw, nearly if not all modern weapons that appeared in 1.1 are a little weaker, unique and require ammo in 1.2!
    Ammo is available at different occasions, in rather different weight and price classes,
    as this was the only option i saw to adjust the weapons related to party progression.
    The values of that weapon class is not influenced by the use ammo like for bow and sling(at least i didnt manage to create such ammo)

Finally i think money cant serve to balance that out, people will just mix potions or do whatever makes money,
    and i wont take out the oportunities to earn money in general, pickpocket would have to be removed completely,
    and with reduced money, when would you be able to buy such high priced things like the house if playing with a full party(which needs more money than a solo).
    So i would have also have to adjust all prices in game.
    In sight of all the work, i think i will keep the existing mix of "some things with money, others only with progression/distinct achievement"

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 townltu
    Some thoughts about modern weapons.
    When i played lunastralis, I took a gadgeeter to my party but then I started another run throwing that class away.
    Since Qusari kept most of the modern weapons from that mod in reforged too, I support the idea of adding the ammo for some of those weapons.
    Maybe it's just a matter of taste but I dislike when 1 char has a big advantage over others in initiative & especially damagewise.

Since there was a gun with a damage up to 200 pts, & best sword is 50 dmg max - my gadgeeter having higher initiative than others, started the turns first, killing many weak monsters before other party members could even make a move, thus slowing growth of their melee & magic skills. So for me that was sort of a cheating weapon (just imho), that's why i ditched gadgee in lunastralis & played without any modern weapon in reforged.

p.s.
    I 've asked to add a poll regarding reforged 1.1 difficulty @ buka forum,since u asked what's the opinion of the players from our board about it.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The biggest flaw (for me) is that you can't talk more than once to the new NPC's. The quest type stuff and puzzles are easy, but keeping track of them is not.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally i think money cant serve to balance that out, people will just mix potions or do whatever makes money,
    and i wont take out the oportunities to earn money in general, pickpocket would have to be removed completely,
    and with reduced money, when would you be able to buy such high priced things like the house if playing with a full party(which needs more money than a solo).
    So i would have also have to adjust all prices in game.
    In sight of all the work, i think i will keep the existing mix of "some things with money, others only with progression/distinct achievement"
    Well, ok. The price is not the point, but you still can play with a quantity limit. I think that the only unlimited support of a mundane ammunition would make a deal. No unlimited ammo for sell except for a mundane ammunition would be quite nice.
    And excuse me for my english in this one. I still have a mess with those for/to/from, and with the articles as well. The articles, well...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi town

Well again someone has been teleporting out from Pirate Island ..... and can not go back because the boat is non returnable in v 1.1

Did you already do something on this to solve the situation ?

- Spontaneous I have 3 approaches

1 ) a script which refers into another script which checks on location variable set on or off on both ends in Arnika harbour and island, I did something like this before with 1 teleporter .............. although this would be the most realistic approach. It is also the most complicated one and also the most work intense , I would not want to do it

2 ) a script with location variable on Arnika harbour which is activated by Triton quest solved = so an infinite amount of ships could be generated = but this approach has also some difficulties like e.g. ships have to be de-spawned at Pirate Island and others ..

3 ) move that bloody cage and teleporter and lock, directly to the arrival point of the ship on Pirate Island, that would be extremly simple and fast to implement ===> I prefer this one

what you think ?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hi town

Well again someone has been teleporting out from Pirate Island ..... and can not go back because the boat is non returnable in v 1.1

1 ) a script which refers into another script which checks on location variable set on or off on both ends in Arnika harbour and island, I did something like this before with 1 teleporter .............. although this would be the most realistic approach. It is also the most complicated one and also the most work intense , I would not want to do it :)

2 ) a script with location variable on Arnika harbour which is activated by Triton quest solved = so an infinite amount of ships could be generated = but this approach has also some difficulties like e.g. ships have to be de-spawned at Pirate Island and others ..

3 ) move that bloody cage and teleporter and lock, directly to the arrival point of the ship on Pirate Island, that would be extremly simple and fast to implement ===> I prefer this one

what you think ?

Well, as written i think the actual setup is quite reasonable,
    and the strict DM in me does not like the idea of "no consequences for leaving without boat"

I have already tried to work something out, ingame:
    Anna has connection to a guy who owns a "boat"(=keyword)
    Unfortunately that guy had some issues with the forces of the sea, unce upon a time,
    and it will require another bottle of Equilibrium to calm them forces.
    And as you may have already imagined, the boat also needs some repair, i thought of 125.000
    Or it this not enough? In case let me know if you think that should be adjusted.

Technically this are some entries in triton/anna script, condionally blocked by fact 813,
    814 is changed to "quest like" with both triton related entries, so in already overloaded arnika we need only one more portal to the island,
    i think a new camdrive at Pirates Island which does not touch the triggers at all will do the trick,
    to keep the segmented DO /Annas boat synchronized with the existing arrival/departure setup at PI.
    When party arrives, the captain drives away with his boat, no de/spawn of Annas boat required as its reasonable that its still there.
    (well, not 100% plausible on a Pirates Island)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that sounds good: I like the idea of ship repair cost.

Getting another bottle of equilibrium is a bit harsh ? Also the trigger for getting equilibrium have to be changed then, since the setup at the moment is for single use only.

Personally I would just put the repair fix there for 125 .000 sounds good. It should hurt

One could argue that after the triton quest the sea is already calmed ..... now the brave fishermans (whatsoever) can go out again ..... but the ship has to be repaired...?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ok, no Equilibrium, you have persuaded me :(

"since the setup at the moment is for single use only"
    honestly said i could not recognize that in location or involved NPC script

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Townltu, I'm currently playing at day 13 and I feel that the availability of ammunition is unbalanced. I find more Impaling Stones than I would need but good Bolts or arrows are hard to find. Would this have something to do with Anna out of the business?

Your recurring nightmare Lord Shield's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It could also be the lack of wanderers that drop such, as well, as Upper Trynton is unreachable now

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4. Or be really nasty and make Pirate Island a no magic area ...cue Dodd's mod scary memories...

Sir Robin bravely ran away...several times...but lived to fight another day!
    Last edited by wavydave; 12-17-2012 at 01:48 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyBro View Post
    ... I dislike when 1 char has a big advantage over others in initiative & especially damagewise.
    Since there was a gun with a damage up to 200 pts, & best sword is 50 dmg max ...
    the balance among classes was exactly my motivation to reduce the modern weapons.
    In order not to disappoint those players who prefer them i kept them more powerful than a 1:1 balance to the other weapons would require,
    but the combination of somewhat lower damage with less boni and restricted ammo will hopefully bring them closer to the others.

I think i read Qusari wrote that the Qusar rifle(the one with 200 dmg) was primarily intended to be single use only,
    meaning you would have to sell it in order to get it reloaded, but it appears impossible to adjust the weapons parameters that way.
    I am not completely through with tests, but i dont think i can make it a weapon which can only be reloaded on sell/buy,
    so the rifles damage will either be drastically reduced/randomized, or each difficulty gets its "own" version.

I 've asked to add a poll regarding reforged 1.1 difficulty @ buka forum,since u asked what's the opinion of the players from our board about it.
    thanks, already noticed it, it may be also interesting to know what in detail is considered as unbalanced among those who played reforged,
    or get some suggestions from those who are familiar with the game, respectively its mechanics

Which does not mean that i am willing to integrate such restrictions like minimum money, or remove stealth, criticals, etc.
    if players think that the game offers to much money, they can restrict themselves, i.e dont mix potions or sell loot,
    or keep the specific skills/classes out, respectively edit the game info.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zanderat View Post
    The biggest flaw (for me) is that you can't talk more than once to the new NPC's. The quest type stuff and puzzles are easy, but keeping track of them is not.
    That is at least partially based on the fact that some NSC scripts are triggered by triggers or dynamic objects which work only once,
    often required by the whole setup,
    another cause are NPC scripts which do not allow speech for a 2nd time, either because of setup again,
    or because they were cloned from other scripts and still have obsolete blocks, some of them should not be touched.

I check whether i can add some information source, maybe a book or some entries in zedds script.
    But i am sure Zedd would have wanted it to be not for free, so
    Quote Originally Posted by HeLi
    It will cost you!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Commdt
    Well, ok. The price is not the point, but you still can play with a quantity limit. I think that the only unlimited support of a mundane ammunition would make a deal. No unlimited ammo for sell except for a mundane ammunition would be quite nice.
    honestly said i am not sure whether i got it 100% correct,
    because i am also have my issues with english, but i think i got the basic content.

I still have to distribute some items and new hunter specific arrows, besides checking the impaling stones,
    so keep your suggestion in mind and see what i can do, but as said the bandwidth for weight is minimal

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Townltu, I'm currently playing at day 13 and I feel that the availability of ammunition is unbalanced. I find more Impaling Stones than I would need but good Bolts or arrows are hard to find. Would this have something to do with Anna out of the business?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Shield View Post
    It could also be the lack of wanderers that drop such, as well, as Upper Trynton is unreachable now
    I think both adds together, for instance no early hunter quarrels from anna.
    Appears still unbalanced compared to modern weapons and the weight reduced "infuser-mix" ammo for sling/omni.

What Do you think, should i simply fill Annas shop with a part of her classic stuff, and do you prefer shrike or barbed arrows?
    also, i thought the use of bows, especially by Hunters, needed some support with an improved arrow only for hunters, but below mystic arrow,
    a hunter specific short bow with additional attack, no additional dmg, low ini, zero to hit,
    and a samurai specific zen bow, very slow, extremely precise, high reqirement

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wavydave View Post

4. Or be really nasty and make Pirate Island a no magic area [face_devil] ...cue Dodd's mod scary memories...

Sir Robin bravely ran away...several times...but lived to fight another day!
    I like that approach, but i fear that we will not get the 33% together,
    which "something in me" demands for such decisively restricting changes. Of course except a strict order from Qusari. :D
    A no magic area is probably not required, if i understand it correct a lua script can block any single spell,
    depending on a specific location/which visited, trigger or fact state, RPC/item in party, and more.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought also about this variant but would not do it:

- It could grow into a technical issue or a performance issue with such a huge cube for non magic area even if it is splitted up into several seamless cubes

- It would most probably give also a balance issue with the fights there. I dont know if the fights would be doable without magic support spells ....

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Commdt
    honestly said i am not sure whether i got it 100% correct, because i am also have my issues with english, but i think i got the basic content.
    I think it's about "mundane". The word pursues me from some manual on Baldur's Gate series, where it have somehow meant any nonmagical equipment. So, in other words, i'd like it if no magic ammo/arrows/bolts would have an unlimited supply in stores.
    But due to other difficulties you've mentioned i'm not sure if this ammunition should weigh another way. Let it be just another oppinion to take in account maybe

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello. I've been playing your mod and enjoying it very much too. I thought about providing you some feedback; I hope I don't sound too harsh on my comments.
    So, in no particular order, here I go:
    1) I'm still playing my first party on your mod, with only one pure spellcaster (an alchemist, developed as I normally do on vanilla, first max int and piety, put him on the back row and never engage in melee or ranged attack). I felt throughout the whole game that this caster was very passive, casting more often stamina than crush or boiling blood, since monsters are so magic resistant. Is there any way to work on this? Like giving each new monster a particular weakness (like somebody mentioned before, zombie would be weak to divine, or fire; dwarves to mental or air or whatever, etc.). I know this problem carries from vanilla wiz, so fixing it would be very time consuming. I used to play pure spellcasters party in vanilla; fighting golems was a nightmare. I think in your mod the new areas would be simply impossible with such a party.
    2) Talking about new areas, excellent work! The new dungeon (the first one I mean) reminded me of daggerfall (another game I enjoyed very much, so take this as a compliment of course). I approached each area with care at first, since I got destroyed by several unexpected high level monsters (in the swamp, in the graveyard). Maybe some of these monsters could be replaced by two others, lower level mage and fighter type of monster? Someone mentioned this before, that single bosses are not so challenging.
    3) Bosses: brombadeg can be cheesed to death, as I'm sure many have noticed. I'd rather fight someone at my level (say, lvl 26 like Nessie in vanilla) and have a good fight than choose between aforementioned cheese or get stomped by an attack that poisons, deranges and instakills several party members in one swing.
    On the same note, Nebdar has some issues:
    Spoiler!

4) Another minor issue: Z'ant asks for the orbital coordinates, right? You have to provide them with this format "XX:YY". I type that in (after doing the quest the right way, with the tracking device and all) but for some reason it does not recognize the colons (Z'ant thinks I'm asking about XXYY instead of XX:YY, which would end the quest). I can live with an unfinished quest, but if someone else has this problem, you may want to look into that.
    5) About unfinished quests, where the hell is the evil animator!?!? I read something about he roaming the countryside, but for the life of me I can't find him. Spoil please?
    6) I found a bachibazillion of daggers. Very nice yes; I wish there'd be this variety among the other type of weapons (axes and bows still not worth it, like in vanilla). The empowered omniguns are awesome. Seeing those %XX damage on the guns and the "double damage vs" gave me the most "oh yes" moments. Some kind of transition would be nice too, like changing weapons say, once you reach arnika, then swamp, then mt gigas or the bluff, and so on.

Well, that's enough for now. I thank you again for creating this mod, thus allowing us to enjoy wiz 8 once again.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are some answers:

Spoiler!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the feedback and appreciate that you apprreciate the mod

Evil animator: Not sure of which one you are talking about therefore a longer answer:

1 In Arnika in one of the building to the left side and in the background of Arnika you find the entrance to a small retro dungeon it has some Wiz 7 stuff in it (see advertisment in Arnika) there is a "evil animator" skeleton which gives you the stone of animation ....

2 Distributed on other maps are 3 groups of skeletons with small bosses; they drop incomplete stone of animations which can be merged

3 Mine tunnels; there is a new mini location integrated into the Mine Tunnnels; the easiest way to find it is to turn left as soon as possible after entering the map. At the small huts you can go left uphill, the wall there is now opend and you can enter a small area with the big bee Hive

4 Walk along the left Rock wall till you get to a gate the gate can be open with the Stone Idol

5 Inside .... more skeletons ..... use the stone of animations ..... to open the gate to the underground

6 Underground are the boss skeletons

7 You can open the way to Rapax Rift

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have played this mod "up" to Primary Rocks and am quite satisfied to it as it is. It is a matter of party development and timing to choose where to go next. Only Brombadeg felt a bit overpowered, but perhaps next time I'll spare a certain throwing weapon for it. I have always played on normal and I haven't swayed from it here either. (I go on if some characters die and are resurrected, but I have many times had to reload the game, too, and have had to search for other alternatives which feels refreshing after so many years of playing.) One thing I must have changed: I can cast Guardian Angel anytime, but it feels very appropriate here. I have found shields (the real ones) very necessary for survival. My Bishops have lately been casting mostly Body of Stone. It's somewhat repetitive but I can live with it. The modern weapons are real life savers. I hope they won't become much weaker in the new version. The old missile weapons are much weaker and they should be strengthened.

P.S. Iridelagua, choose a Bishop instead of an Alchemist and you have something to cast every round. For example, I've never used Restoration so many times before in a W8 game.
    Last edited by Erkilmarl; 12-31-2012 at 05:59 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi town

could you please add an additional teleporter trigger at SC104 leading to Arnika ARN04 ? If not already done so. I think I might have forgotten to place one there. Coolyo. And many thanks

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello everybody,

since there are not so many active wizardry 8 (reforged) players and not all of those are willing to make a comment on the mod, I decided to contribute as well.

First of all, it was very refreshing to play the mod. After finishing vanilla for the billions time, with all kind of different party constellations and approaches, I strived to find something new. So last year I stumbled upon the reforged mod and was very exited to experience the changes made to vanilla.
    Since I have never played a mod before, I went with my all time favourite combo. If I recall correctly, Rogue,Fighter,Samurai,Bishop,Psionist,Gadgeteer. Sure maybe not the most powerful party but I love it.
    Started a new game, with expert game difficulty, and jumped into the game.
    The new starting area and the dungeon was designed very well, with some additional "early hard" fights. I fully approve this kind of approach. I like to have tactical fights, even early on where you might have less offensive and defensive means to your disposal. You have to make use off all the items that have been well placed for you! The overall difficulty was well balanced. Some fights were a bit harder but that is all right.
    From here on I give an overall experience with my first party and first play-through of this new mod.
    All the changes that have been made to vanilla places were awesome. I loved the feeling of "hey let's go there and get this item, or let's solve this riddle" just to realise that the item has been relocated or the answer to the riddle has changed slightly. The new parts of the mod felt well fit into the environment of old school wiz8.
    My party was developing well and I had the impression that I have a solid game going, UNTIL I hit the later part of the game. Primary rock, End-bosses, Samurai/Ninja castle, Savant City, Dwarf country, Beyond Arnika, Pirate Island gave me a hard time. My Ninja did not perform very well, my dagger rogue did not have outstanding weapons like my fighter or gadgeteer. The psionist was a complete let down, no damage & no detrimental effects. He was there to cast haste and stuff. Should have retrained him if it has not been to late.
    To kill the boss in the monastery I had to cheap-shot him/her by positioning my party in a way she could not reach them. The dragon on primary rock was also cheap-shot with the same technique. I really had to come up with an idea how to brake the game in order to proceed further with the game. The additional pack of Valkyries and unicorns made me struggle but somehow I managed to get them killed, while the dragon was retreating from me (have to admit, that was funny). Dwarf King was not as bad, but I also had to use a bug to make the fight way easier. If you get teleported into a new area, Monsters do not attack you right away. They wander off eventually, giving you the opportunity to reposition your self and launch an ambush! It helps a lot if you are able to beat the s*** out of someone, that is not fighting back the first turn.
    On Pirate Island I have reached my limits. I managed to get the Ghost killed with major losses (the one where you are flying into the banquette). But the part with the barbarians, man that was a complete struggle. Every fight I had to pray to the gods to land good hits. If two of the three barbarian per patrol could attack my party I was done. I had to retreat into the tents in a special way, so only one of the barbarian could attack me. I managed to sneak next to the crystal and use the items, sneak around and talk to the dragon. Get the item that was in the crystal, while all the new monsters spawned without engaging combat and teleporting out! It worked but I am not sure if it was intended to be so. I also had to cheat my way through the samurai castle half way through, because I could not kill them in any kind of fashion any more. So I managed to block them on the edge of the staircase and snipe them from afar (was not very satisfying). Once I got all the, so called, ultimate weapons I managed to struggle my way through beyond arnica, and SC. The Dark Savant was in comparison to all the other problems I had a cake walk. I think I had to retry 1 or 2 times. When your fighter berserks using a meteor hammer 3 times per turn for at least 3 swings and the gadgeteer shoots with a bunch of bullets etc. and the savant is kind enough to cast a useless spell the first round, he gets stomped into the ground.

As I mentioned in an other post, I started a new party. Now I know what kind of weapons there are in the game. How to develop my characters and especially what characters to chose at the beginning. I am lvl 10 and killed poor Z'Ant and proceeding well with the party. I will have less struggle late game wise, since I know what I was lacking last time. Shields are important, modern weapons are important (since it is still 1.1) only use bishops. Only use fighters and rogues (with swords) for melee and gadgeteers go crazy late game wise.

Overall the difficulty now feels a little bit easier, maybe "to easy", but that is normal, considering that I know the mod and I know where I am heading and what to look for. I like the idea of having an in-game option of increasing the difficulty further for 1.2. Sadly as mentioned before, this results in even more cookie cutter party compositions. The less useful, but still interesting classes are left behind.
    As said before, single bosses might be not that appealing to the general player basis, especially not if they have instant kill or swallowing abilities. Tactical battles with more enemies to consider, to carefully plan which monsters you have to prioritize, those are the interesting fights. You do not get insta-gibbed the first round, where it is only luck whether or not the instantkill kicks in.

Wishlist: Is it possible to clone upper trynton somehow and just place it somewhere else, without touching the hard coded part? I really miss that place! Maybe if you need help I could try to figure out new events occurring up there.
    More restrictive items to elevate unused classes to the same level of the more successful ones.
    Get rid of the cheap shot spots for hard and troublesome fights (could help you out on that one, by pointing the out to you)
    More and better axe weapons?
    Change late game viability of spellcasters if possible? (adding resistance penetrating spells, or maybe spells that actively lower the resistance of a monster, new buffing spells?)

I am looking forward to the 1.2 Mod, if any play testing is required I am more the happy to help out.
    Cheers und Grüße from Germany,
    Aves

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe anti-magic as a monster spell is overpowered. If the caster gets near enough to cast it and you still have brutes to fight off then you are dead.
    Cloak of Death is pretty good though

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

thanks a lot for the feedback

regarding the issue with single uberbosses that either wipe out parties literally in the first round
    or waiste rounds/lots of attacks for useless spells or do other funny things without sense,
    i tried to keep the encounters nature as is,
    meaning the harder combat difficulties will add a minimum of supporting monsters for those encounters,
    additionally some bosses also scale with difficulty choice,
    i also nerfed some bosses, as they appear simply too tough with the nerfed weapons
    (modern and some "too early" available CC weapons like meteor hamme, mang club)

"Get rid of the cheap shot spots for hard and troublesome fights"
    i tried to reduce the chances for cheap shot techniques, e.g. with doors that dont stay open,
    or spell traps in the entry zone where no character would want to step in during combat ;)
    on the other hand several passable walls and the like (hopefully) have been eliminated
    i hate it when i waisted a round for a tactical move, e.g. into a doorway,
    and must recognize that the buggers simply pass the walls and surround the party.

btw the cheap shot technique is not 100% removeable even in open terrain,
    you can always use summoned creatures, at least for huge enemies like dragons, pee wee etc

(could help you out on that one, by pointing the out to you)
    thanks for the offer, i think its ok if you post them here in "Spoiler" tags.
    btw interesting report about the ninja castle, do you think it was a pathfinding issue, or did you block them with summoned creatures?

"Is it possible to clone upper trynton somehow and just place it somewhere else, without touching the hard coded part? I really miss that place!"
    Its possible, though i am sure some things like the shaman appearance on usind zuzu+mystery will not work,
    but i will not do that, too much work,
    but if somebody wants to contribute an adapted trynton(e.g. i could imagine that they moved to another tree/pagoda etc)
    i could easily add some terrain faces incl DO mumbo jumbo and teleporter with trigger/fact related condition
    or adjust a NPC in Trynton ground so he gives access to the "new tree"
    In case it should not generate more than lets say 1M fixed exp (okay, 2M absolute max; except mongens which generate only "minimum XP monsters")
    and it probably also should not add weeks of additional playing time ;)

"late game issues for specialist casters"
    well i played with monster levels(each monster has 4 different lvl values assigne)
    but havent got a clue, appears as if the 1st and 4th lvl have influence on spell resisastance and casting effectivity incl spcl attacks,
    the most promising way without impact on other mechanics that i see
    is to make the classic W8 spells more effective by rising the required spell points,
    but this would also make them more effective for the monsters,
    eg a bunch of rinjin could kill a party of "appropriate" lvl without protection(mag screen/soul shield) in 2 rounds

i also think you have to train casters, even with actions that may appear ridiculous,
    one of the IMO most paradox actions is to step into fire,
    i dont think i know anybody who would do that in RL, even with magical healing present, so i normally also dont use it in game,
    in opposition to train psi/mental with divine trap, a comfortable option without risk of getting hurt by a bunch of wild monsters,
    or sleep terror insanity slow silence and freeze flesh on the 2 bandits in jail (you even dont need x ray there)

"Pirate Island"
    i also like to challenge fixed monsters at min lvl with tactics, e.g. retreat+shoot(depends on party/monster timing)
    or use of terrain, but not with things i can recognize as exploit of an engine/design flaw,
    like monster lost path to party and is stuck in corner/does not manage to move around an open door.
    However, on pirate island i dont activate the chameleon spell and try to lure only the nearest single group of enemies
    and fight them outside the walls, so that the others wont notice/participate,
    you can also place some elementals as distraction/gambits in a crossfire constellation.
    The time i activate the crystal that zone is already clean, but even then the drag died a few times.

Gruss zurück aus D nach D :D

I believe anti-magic as a monster spell is overpowered.
    well, in that case probably the encounter needs balancing or you are not strong enough and should come bach when you have gained some skills/exp ;)
    srsly, i found the tests with my antimag monsters(50-80% chance for spell) quite interesting,
    you have to decide whether you either try to rebuild up the whole "protection construction", combined with getting rid of the nasty antimag guy(s) asap
    or just dont waist time for such stuff, move directly to the boss and do the beholder(s) later
    If the caster gets near enough to cast it ... "long" appears definitely too much to me, and "extended" not enough, so...
    ... and you still have brutes to fight off then you are dead. .. when you are not strong enough ;)
    Cloak of Death is pretty good thoughi switched completely to ranged combat as soon as i realized what you did with the spell,
    it had no remarkable negative impact as i dont use the 3 fighter classes which mainly rely on close combat,
    i would even say the concentration on ranged combat is an advantage in general and also in your mod,
    missiles appear to neglect evasion AC at least partially, and this is not fully compensated by missile shield spells,
    as ammunition/ranged weapon combinations appear to have have higher probability for the disabling side effects,
    at least if not compensated by specific close combat weapons, but that would favour the 3 fighter classes even more

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am thinking that anti-magic could be good for mage monster groups only.
    I mean like a group of 4 all spaced out so they can only cast it as you get close. That way you have 3 firing at you as you are dealing with one that blasts anti-magic.
    Occasionally one will run up to you to cast it, and so that kind of battle can be quite random.
    Last edited by DoddTheSlayer; 09-06-2013 at 04:19 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey townltu,

In concern of the ninja castle, yes it was definitely a pathfinding issue.

Spoiler!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just wanted to point out, that I was possible to kill Pontifix with my characters being lvl 14. So I received the key to the inner sanctuary and was curios how far I get. So I proceeded further down and managed to kill the endboss down there (character lvl 15).
    There was a little trick to the whole story. I put them in spoilers

Spoiler!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm not nice, killing poor old Pontifex without warning him first that you will attack. Nasty surprise on old people no reason to be proud off tzz tzz.

Eh thanks for pointing out this problem. Did not think he could be killed with such a low lvl party. Looks like he is in dire need of some pimping up.
    @townltu please
    @Aves

thanks for your feedback I am glad that you enjoied the mod

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yesss, sometimes during encouter test it also happened that one of the dragons slayed the other,
    not sure whether intended, but i would like to keep that randomness, and the higher lvl/att values favour zhotha anyway.

As for the encounters setups
    Spoiler!

p.s.
    many thanks @Aves for your feedback!
    Last edited by townltu; 09-12-2013 at 06:21 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just curious. How far do you think you are from completing reforged 1.2 ?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DoddTheSlayer View Post
    Just curious. How far do you think you are from completing reforged 1.2 ?
    tldr:
    NPC_ORBITTRACK_105.mp3
    NPC_ORBITTRACK_032.mp3

NPC_ORBITTRACK_104.mp3 - NPC_ORBITTRACK_105.mp3 - NPC_ORBITTRACK_034.mp3:
    6 or 7 encounter tables have to be revamped and 3 new ones created from scratch
    most monsters for those tables are already present in .dbs and mostly checked,
    if not all as they generally only vary appearance so they fit to the environment, 3 of those monster sets still to do,
    Some pre update monsters still have sounds with wrong timeframes assigned or none at all
    and some pre update monsters have attack actions assigned that dont fit to the played animations(or vice versa)
    i find it a bit disturbing if the monster swings a Hammer but the text says it goes berserk with walriblade.
    Some monsters like ninjas/dwarves which use anims whose only difference lies in the assigned textures,
    i have combined most to a single model set whih isused by all their representatives in game, appearance relies only on SKINSWAP in mls files.
    (primarily motivated because of mod size, but with the common revaamp of the types mls files,
    its even faster to work out a single "one fits all" template than to adjust several single existing mls files)
    More revamps of physical walls so that monster will (hopefully) not be able to pass through walls. Still some items to hide.
    btw mod size/clean up, i wish CF would also allow to search in (items3d/monsters)\bitmaps for unused texture files, there must be thousands.

Not to mention the unexpected events, which probably take a lot more time than work according to plan, i start with the last one:
    After some cecks, my testparty left the RAC via usual terrain transition
    and i was rather confused to see that the rocks upper part in SEW now used the same texture like the rocks in RAC.
    CF showed that indeed the locations share material and identical texture which does not matter in vanilla as the texture is identical,
    but Q assigned different textures to the identical materials in the different locations,
    we even have that material in ice canyons and pirate island with other textures assigned,
    and as you mal already have suspected, a teleport to those areas confirmed that they also used the redrock.tga rom RAC.
    Most disturbing in ice canyons where it replaces snow.
    A check with new party and switched locations from 1.1 confirmed that the error was caused by my version of RAC,
    the game can handle that texture change for same material on area transition, else the glitch would have occured already in 1.0/1.1,
    and also the glitch disappeared a) with that savegame used in reforged 1.1 install
    b) with camp.* files from vanilla/reforged/etc in the \levels\ folder of 1.2.
    Fortunately the glitch disappeared after i deleted the specific terrain parts/DOs, which were only of minor importance,
    else i would have revamped all inflicted terrain meshes/materials in 3 of the 4 locations.
    This would have taken more than only the 2 days to find the parts and kick them out,
    but i still dont know why it happened, could be connected to the next one, which should perhaps better be posted in "modding questions"

I created some plant Dynamic Objects with transparent material/texture,
    similar to the vanilla trees with 2 vertical planes crossing.
    Looks nice in game.
    I added a blossom as copy of the Dynamic Object with new texture, scaled it down to 0.2
    and placed it at same X/Y coordinates, somewhat higher so it fits to the lower part in loc editor
    (The DO contains the blossom as loot, a)its well hidden b)an item would require some physical walls etc to stay there)
    Now in game the blossom DO stayed invisible as long as i dont scale it up to at least 0.5 (or was it 0.4?)
    Another thing that costed me days without being able to solve the issue itelf,
    i finally took the blossom DOs out as it was not important at all, more some kind of a joke.

Then there was the Parai, excellent monster anim, kind of female vampire,
    model has ~1k faces, comes with individual fingers and 2 anims which use that very well,
    there is also a hug+kiss attack in the set that unforunately does not fit to Wiz8.
    However it was planed for nebdar, its tests were really promising,
    import/adjustments/mls took ~2 weeks or so,
    later i had to realize that the anim will create a ctd after a decent number of cycles have passed,
    invested some more days to shorten the anim cycles from 80max down to ~50max, single monster tests made me think i was succesful,
    until about 3 weeks ago i got the typical uncommented ctd again while the parai was idling in populated area,
    so i finally threw her/it out of the mod.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since we are talking about how to bug out difficult fights. Here is an other one.
    Before I killed poor Pontifex, I went to the Tryton-Arnika Road graveyard.
    AVG. Character lvl 13.
    Spoiler!

The next thing to mention, yet again a way to make a fight way easier by using an exploit, is the fight with Blaze.

Spoiler!

That´s it for the moment , but since I am playing the mod I will post more feedback on exploits.
    Aves

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first spoiler seems to be the usual Wiz8 problem - when you arrive in a location, your position doesn't seem to be set properly until you move...e.g. Savant Tower - a Prismatic Chaos spell will fail due to no valid targets. When entering the tower, I usually keep my finger on Cursor Up so I move slightly before combat starts. Never tested what effect camping has on this.

Found that the Blaze battle was too difficult only once...now approach it at a higher level!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast