User Tag List

Thread: got a question about dodd slayer 2.4 mod. im stuck cannot find breeder key

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default got a question about dodd slayer 2.4 mod. im stuck cannot find breeder key

hallo everyone.

ben playing dodd slayer 2.4 mod with Dodd2-4-DaeganTweaksFinal2.
    "while waiting for reforged 1.2 to be done"
    so far i like the mod.. but now i am stuck... i cannot find the breeder key ??
    i have ben searching the internet using google, but cannot find a hint to where this key is.

can you guys help me please

cheers
    Canadus

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marcia the Wizard gives it too you. You have to accept Nathans quest first.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you for your reply..
    umm han you please jog my memory,,,
    who/where is nathans and marcia ??

i think i remember they are in arnika.. right now i am playing aroundŽin the swamp though,, arnika is a long way from there

cheers
    Canadus

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Marcia the Wizard gives it too you. You have to accept Nathans quest first.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are both in Arnika.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you alot... back to arnika then

Cheers
    Canadus

oo and on another note...you have the complete list of gadgets i can make with this mod?? cannot find this either,,

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    They are both in Arnika.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've got a problem found key to chamber1&6 where are the rest of the keys????????????and what do itemes do i need to activate the "things" in those chambers?????????????this is like the 7th time i'm playing this mod and never found the rest of the keys and could't figure out what items i need. please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jaro69 View Post
    i've got a problem found key to chamber1&6 where are the rest of the keys????????????and what do itemes do i need to activate the "things" in those chambers?????????????this is like the 7th time i'm playing this mod and never found the rest of the keys and could't figure out what items i need. please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hi Jaro!

Keys 2-5 are available by beating the critters in chambers 1-4.
    Spoiler!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Captains House

QUOTE "First you need to click on the runes below each statue, then use an Eradication potion on the post in the middle of the chamber. Use a mushroom from outside the Captain's house + an empty bottle to create the potion." QUOTE

I am in the house, touched each rune. No captain, cannot use return to portal, cannot open side table, what to do to open the locked door? .........thanks

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbpops View Post
    I am in the house, touched each rune. No captain, cannot use return to portal, cannot open side table, what to do to open the locked door? .........thanks
    Before you can leave that area, you have to rescue the captain and he will give you the key to the locked door.

Spoiler!

Those runes inside the house are for an extra secret dungeon...

Spoiler!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Climb up the raised rocks by the water and you will find a trapdoor leading to a dungeon area.

Each time I descend into the trap door the game crashes to DT with this message.

Debug assertion in module C:\Projects\Wizardry 8\Engine Code\ReadMesh.cpp line 1115 failed: Expression [ iPolyType >=0 } evalutes to false.

Also, The location [C:\Projects\Wizardry 8\Engine Code\ReadMesh.cpp line 1115 failed:] is non-existant, I run my games from a Thumb drive ( G:\ )

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbpops View Post
    Each time I descend into the trap door the game crashes to DT with this message.

Debug assertion in module C:\Projects\Wizardry 8\Engine Code\ReadMesh.cpp line 1115 failed: Expression [ iPolyType >=0 } evalutes to false.

Also, The location [C:\Projects\Wizardry 8\Engine Code\ReadMesh.cpp line 1115 failed:] is non-existant, I run my games from a Thumb drive ( G:\ )
    Just a thought - are you using cflaunch to start the game or just the normal game shortcut? I seem to remember that this mod crashed for me when entering an area if I'd used cflaunch to start the game...can't remember which area it was though. When I continued the game without cflaunch, I could enter the area with no problems (this mod doesn't need the cf agent).

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbpops

Also, The location [C:\Projects\Wizardry 8\Engine Code\ReadMesh.cpp line 1115 failed:] is non-existant, ...
    I do not know what causes your crash, i even cant say whether i ever met it
    as i dont write all the crash messages down, but at least it appears unfamiliar to me.

Regarding the dll incection, respectively using CFLaunch.bat,
    as far as i can see there is no cause why Dodds shouldnt work with injection(what does not mean much;)
    I actually checked it by adding a portal into an area and jumped to the island aka [string 2445 is missing]
    and to the islands "cellar" aka [string 2446 is ...]
    No crashes occured, from that i would say it does not matter.

Looking at the "cellar" in CF i saw:
    a) 2 materials use the same name: "blank"
    b) several dynamic objects that scale in one or more dimensions during movement are marked as [colllideable / blocks passage]
    which makes them at least "spcl" for me, madgod mentioned checks for "freely transformed objects" that lead to crashes,
    but both are only "could be issues", as the mod obviously runs flawless for others.

The quoted path [C:\Projects\wizardry 8\engine code ........] is always(?) quoted and probably a remnant from the developers,
    i cant find it on my machine, no matter whether the game is running or not,
    so i think its not related to your issue.

My advice:
    1) if you made any changes on the mod with CF, no matter what, try with an ummodified DtS 2.40

2) open the location in CF, go to materials tab, take one of the two materials named "blank"
    Edit its name so its unique, and just in case the materials value for [Alpha] to 1.0
    In main menu goto "Build" and hit: "Rebuild all"
    then goto "File" and select "Apply changes".

optionally you could upld your savegame anywhere, so i or someone else can check whether already the savegame crashes
    (this may only work if you play in an unmodified DtS 2.4, depending on the changes)

---------------------------------

Besides i have also some issues with this mod

How to kill the most evil guys of this mod?
    I speak of the scammers, aka "Dominus sacred Guardian",
    there are no issues with the drama queen in the monastery or the evil witch nearby that tries to sabotage stealth training,
    but the others simply cant be attacked, same with the squatters in Arnika. (i heard one of the latter even dares to demand taxes)
    The only solution i found is to take them out with "missing fire", which is at least easily done in Arnika:
    release the rapax sleleton and lure it to the evil guys

Due to recent misinterpretions i should add:
    If you took the last paragrah for serious, you definitely failed!

My only issue (i hope Dodd will will pardon it;):
    There are many fights required to reach a sufficient level,
    and over the time they get boring for me, mainly because several high xp monsters use long animations
    and/or have a material assigned that comes with a very hit long sound.
    I accelerated, animations for distinct monsters(< 0.7 sec), all missiles (velocity 150-250;)
    and shortened the 3 "all in one" hit sounds for force field, magic + non-corporeal.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Currently playing a Dodd+Daegan game using CFLaunch and hit my first CTDs with the new areas. No error messages from the game, just a Windows 'Wiz8_v126_eng.exe has stopped working' dialog.

First one happened when using the Shaman portal to get the Key of Serenity. Reloaded using CFLaunch again and this time got a prompt 'Teleport to ?' - ported to new area OK.

Now in the Captain's dungeon - game has crashed several times when trying to load a save (still using CFLaunch).

Details from Win7 Action Center (in case they're useful to anyone):

Source
    Wiz8_v126_eng.exe

Summary
    Stopped working

Date
    ‎17/‎09/‎2012 10:57

Status
    Not reported

Description
    Faulting Application Path: C:\Games\Wizardry 8\Wiz8_v126_eng.exe

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Wiz8_v126_eng.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 3c26eee6
    Fault Module Name: msvcrt.dll
    Fault Module Version: 7.0.7601.17744
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4eeaf722
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 0000ba16
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 2057
    Additional Information 1: c6be
    Additional Information 2: c6be85fdbe7ea2bdc0e16249a99bb28c
    Additional Information 3: a5a3
    Additional Information 4: a5a3a3e37944f42f720541ed1bff531c

Exception code and offset are the same each time. Additional Information 1-4 changes for each area, but seems to be the same each time when hitting the same crash conditions.
    The game was very stable before using the injector, so I think it's probably CF Agent related - perhaps the missing area names? The game seems to make up its own... so far I've seen 'AAAAA', 'AAAAhAAAAhAAAAh......', 'AAAAAAAAAAAAA....." and other variations. Marten's Pagoda and Unexplored Dominus are named correctly though.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I did some checks on monster generators etc in DtS, with ingame feedback from lua script,
    several hours with x-reloads/restarts, mostly captains_isle/zorcans_tomb + new_dungeon,
    3 of the 5 overall crashes were 100% selfmade, one not sure but probably also,
    the remaining one, as far as i could see;), not caused by me...

If i interprete wavydaves error message correct, it appears to point to another version of msvcrt.dll,
    not to 6.0.8337.0 which is part of the game(if patched to 1.24, see installs root folder),
    probably the one in win\system32 folder.
    I suppose its backward compatible, and to be honest i cant recognize which version
    is used on my system when i run the game,
    /edit: but the game runs fine without the msvcrt.dll in the game folder ;)

Besides i see a possible cause in Dodds unmodified script of the "Anti-Magic" spell.
    In any case i recommend to use a script with a 2nd entry like the one from Deathstalker:

Code:
    FLASH1		antimag
    	SOUND_FRAME FLASH1 0 Anti-Magic
    TARGET1	mon_buff_air
    	SOUND_CYCLE TARGET1 0 Purify_Air
    Copy+paste the code into a plain text editor like notepad
    and save it as [ANTI_MAGIC.MLS] in folder [Wiz8Installdir\Data\spells]
    pls note that you must have "show all file extensions"(or similar) activated,
    else notepad will add its default extension, resulting in filename [ANTI_MAGIC.MLS.txt]
    Last edited by townltu; 09-17-2012 at 06:18 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Checked for versions of the dll - I should have noticed the dll reference myself!. After a good look round, I have 5 versions on my PC. The v7 version sits in C:\Windows and there are 4 v6 copies in various folders. Three copies have been installed by Java - the 32 bit version has the same version as the copy in the Wizardry folder - v6.00.8337.0 and the other two are 64 bit showing v6.10.2207.0.

Maybe it's a bad interaction between Win7 64 bit and the injector, but it would be a nightmare to trace...(entering land of dll hell)!

I'm just amazed that the injector seems to work very well across most Windows versions 99% of the time!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does Marcia give the Breeder key straight after you accept Nathan's quest or do you have to do something else on top of that for her to give it to you?