User Tag List

Thread: Lords of Xulima - Wizardry-like monster grinder.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Lords of Xulima - Wizardry-like monster grinder.

Guys, if u haven't tried out Lords of Xulima by now, I highly recommend doing so.

http://www.gog.com/game/lords_of_xulima
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/296570/

Some samples from reviews from players:

"One of the best turn-based battle systems I've played in a long time. Almost as good as Wizardry 8."

"After over 120 hours of play, I'm ready to give my review. If you played M&M; If you played Xene; if played Wizardry, and you've spent all your gaming years since then looking for a game, any game, to scratch that itch of a classic, old school'ish RPG, this is that game."

"I want to start off by thanking Numantian Games for making a game with such an old school feel and a huge world and play time to back it up. I feel bad buying this game for 19.99, it is definitely worth a higher asking price. Lords of Xulima was an awesome experience."

Can't wait for Lords of Xulima 2
    The cost of sanity in this society, is a certain level of alienation. - Terence McKenna

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will keep an eye for a promotion on GOG.

Creator of Reforged Mod 1.1 Qusari's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehe -- thanks for the advertisment. Never heard about this one before. Bought it already.

Playing on the second (veteran /recommended difficulty level) Already at lvl 4. Sofar I like it considering it costs 20 bucks the quality is excellent up to now.
    Find all Wiz 8 mods exclusively on this site:
    http://www.zimlab.com/wizardry/wiz8mods.htm

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep us informed, Q!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehe okay now at lvl 6. There are some puzzle elements, for breaking locks or moving around in the enviroment. .... and again a field of **** Orchids **** !!!!!!

Sofar interesting maps/lvl layout and skill system.
    it is kind of indirect and you have to look and find your way first around obstacles. All in all it makes it interesting and fun.

I ve been reading some reviews with minor spoilers and looked up already 1 solution to a puzzle on youtube. Just to safe time. Lately I dont have the patience anymore to figure out non obvious stuff, so I kinda have a new playstyle where the succees rate must be high

This game fits rather good into this playstyle sofar (fast loading times of savegames for example)

Food is scarce at the beginning of the game, which leads to some trouble and needs some planning ahead ... but the reviews state that later in the game thats not such a problem anymore.

All in all I am still happy with the game, only thing which disturbs me a little bit is the pathfinding and movement of your figure on the screen. It feels somewhat rough and I am constantly running into obstacles ...... but one can get used to it.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ooh! I got all excited when I saw this thread, but then realised its isometric view
    Looking at the video it appears to be first person combat though, is that correct Qu?

Oh for the days of M&M, Wizardry and real games. I am afraid I havent warmed to Grimrock, lost interest in the first game, and reading the reviews of the next one it appears the same annoyances are still there (repetitious clicks to cast same spell, an exercise in dexterity and speed).

Will watch this thread, and maybe dip my toe into the world of Xulima.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Creosote

Yes combat is kind of first person view, and after a while complexity/diffculty slowly increases, due to having more choices and more enemys.

I am around lvl 7 at the moment.

Although for the moment I stopped playing, due to some unexpected occurences. I most probably will continue playing in some weeks but for the moment I dont have time anymore for it.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good evening!

This game is on sale at Steam for 30% off, so if you were on the fence, the time is now!

Rochndil, waiting for the download to finish...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good morning.

I've been playing Xulima, and GENERALLY I like it, but there are parts I'm not thrilled with. If you take it up, be aware that the first few areas are incredibly tough to get through intact. The biggest problem is that your stalwart band starts out with NO ARMOR. WTF? Who goes adventuring naked? Once your front line is decent, things get a lot easier - you no longer have to worry about getting one-shotted all the time! But, Wizardry it ain't. On the up side, development is still ongoing, and player mods are apparently on the horizon.

Rochndil, finally not having to sace-scum every major fight...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LoX is on sale on Steam (50% off) and the game got some nice updates since the release. The current version of the game is 2.0.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/296570/
    The cost of sanity in this society, is a certain level of alienation. - Terence McKenna