Thread: *Cosmic Forge* Installation Instructions

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb *Cosmic Forge* Installation Instructions

My names says it all, I am WAY new to this...

I loved W8 when I was younger and recently bought W8 on gog.com and I wanted to install the *Comic Forge* editor and have no idea where to even begin. On mad god's site it mentions some instructions, but I can't find them anywhere can someone please take me through step by step how to install this editor? I am running windows 7 (64 bit).

Thanks

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Waste of Time

Well your like me and only get single .rar file when you try to download the Cosmic Forge from mad god's website, you can go to http://www.zimlab.com/wizardry/mods/cosmic.htm and download an older version that works just file.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well your like me and only get single .rar file when you try to download the Cosmic Forge from mad god's website, you can go to http://www.zimlab.com/wizardry/mods/cosmic.htm and download an older version that works just fine.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hah, how exactly the latest version is not working?
    And installation is simple - you just unpack the archive contents somewhere, preferably into a separate (from anything else) folder and run CF from there.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mad god View Post
    Hah, how exactly the latest version is not working?
    And installation is simple - you just unpack the archive contents somewhere, preferably into a separate (from anything else) folder and run CF from there.
    The only thing I got when I downloaded the CF was a .rar entitled CosmicForge_UNICODE.rar that was 3.15MB there was no compress zip file or anything else like I got from the other site.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.rar is a compressed file. Just click it with the right mouse button and let your PC do the unzipping.
    Not Aelfinn or Eelfinn, but Realfinn

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Erkilmarl View Post
    .rar is a compressed file. Just click it with the right mouse button and let your PC do the unzipping.
    If I right click it doesn't unzip anything. That take me to the drop down window that let's me choose what program to open it with (which I have tried with ever program I can think of), add it to a new encrypted archive, cut, paste, etc. If I left click it take me straight to the list of programs I have tried to open this file with in the past.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't have any program for extracting files? I seem to have two, Winzip and Winrar.
    Not Aelfinn or Eelfinn, but Realfinn

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He probably only has one of these stupid integrated into the windows explorer archives that don't know how to work with rars.
    Make yourself a favour and install one of the two mentioned programs.

Sorry if I appear too rude.
    In the worst case you could google about *.rar extension and not call it 'Waste of Time'?

*Talking to himself*
    People these days seems like only know how to swipe away '$#@!' on their smartphones. Shame on you!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Космик Фордж

Привет.У меня в Космик Фордже не показываються локации деревья,двери,вода,песок и тд,только одно синее пространство и все.Сначала он выдавал мне ошибку,просил поставить Freeimage.dll.Я скачал закинул везде где можно и нельзя.Закинул в system32 и в sysWOW64 зашел в консоль прописал DCM>Enter,regsvr32 freeimage.dll.И консоль мне выдала ошибки мол прооверь совместимость 64 и 86 разрядной системы и FreeImage.Dll.После того как я проделал все эти действия и даже несмотря на ошибку Консоли,Космик фордж перестал выдавать ошибку и просить поставить FreeImage.DLL но локаций при запуске LOcation Edition так и не появилась.А до этого я запускал на этом же компе,на этой же Винде Космик Фордж пару недель назад он мне показывал локацию и двери и море и монстров и сундуки.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LexOne View Post
    Привет.У меня в Космик Фордже не показываються локации деревья,двери,вода,песок и тд,только одно синее пространство и все.Сначала он выдавал мне ошибку,просил поставить Freeimage.dll.Я скачал закинул везде где можно и нельзя.Закинул в system32 и в sysWOW64 зашел в консоль прописал DCM>Enter,regsvr32 freeimage.dll.И консоль мне выдала ошибки мол прооверь совместимость 64 и 86 разрядной системы и FreeImage.Dll.После того как я проделал все эти действия и даже несмотря на ошибку Консоли,Космик фордж перестал выдавать ошибку и просить поставить FreeImage.DLL но локаций при запуске LOcation Edition так и не появилась.А до этого я запускал на этом же компе,на этой же Винде Космик Фордж пару недель назад он мне показывал локацию и двери и море и монстров и сундуки.
    *. Make sure you have selected something to be rendered in the location editor - it is possible to have nothing selected and then you'll see nothing.

*. Try OpenGL rendering option and see if it work. Setup->3D Settings.

*. Visual Studio 2012 is now used for building the Editor binaries. Some new bugs might creep in because of this and dependence on different DirectX binaries is introduced.
    DirectX 9 re-distributables from June 2010 are now required. If you have the latest DirectX installed on your computer you probably don't have to do anything. If you have an 'd3dx9_43.dll'-related error while trying to launch the Editor then: 1. go to Microsoft site and find 'DirectX end-user runtime June 2010'. 2. Download the executable and run it. 3. It will unpack files to a temporary folder you specify (create C:\dxtemp, for instance). 4. Go to this temporary folder and run dxsetup.exe. 5. Delete the temporary folder when finished.