Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Wizardry 8 Expert Party

Hi all wiz lover

Was complete Wizardry 8 in "Normal mode" 1 month ago, was not challenging so far, only 2 time was failed, 1st was in temple on SE Wilderness that was hard, at least 5 time was load game again, 2nd fail was in end game "Rapax Army" on Ascension Peak, all other was easy, was inv Vi and RFS-81.
    My plan is to complete game and clean all area for bad enemy, and without npc.

This is my party, i post it cause i feel maybe can be better, so if you think you can advice something better then feel free to change it, but try to explain why its better.

Fighter Mook Male "Chewbakka"
    Creation
    Attribute: Str "12" Dex "14" Sense "14"
    Skill: CC "5" Sword "5" Bow "5"

Plain: 1st STR + Vit then Dex and Speed and then Sense, in skill wasn't put any point in shield cause i maximize it in first battle, if you are a pro gamer you know what i mean
    Info: I choice Mook for resist bonus, its a tank so need resist in future.
    Gear: 1h sword + shield 2nd weap crossbow, cause need long range attack, and in normal mode, fighter was make strong damage with CB + need 1 character who can use fear bolt.
    Stat:STR "67" Int "50" Vit "50" Dex "64" Speed "35" Sense "69"

Samurai Human Male"Jack"
    Creation
    Attribute: Dex "6" Speed "7" Sense "7"
    Skill:CC "4" DW "3" CS "4" Sword "4"
    Plain: 1st i maximize dex and speed cause i want to see instant kill soon as possible , then vit "3" and str "3" or int "3" and vit "2"and str "1".
    Info: was analyze a lot party setup and mostly 1 close combat instant kill character was in party.
    Gear:2x 1h swords and maybe normal bow, still need to decide for which way its better, wizardry skill or bow.
    Stat:STR "50" Int "55" Vit "50" Dex "61" Speed "62" Sense "52"

Range Mook Female "Kaname" Mook because i need to defense this class, hit to hard and with Turncoat i go mad, this is expert mode cant allow my highest dd affected by Turncoat or Fear or Insane or Instant Death
    Creation
    Attribute: STR "12" Dex "14" Sense "15"
    Skill: RC "5" Myth "5" Bow "5"

Plain:hard to accept it, but i have only 1 option, need to maximize Sense and Dex first then start increasing Speed and STR or Int
    Info: cant wait to see instant kill will post which character make the first instant kill, this or samurai
    Gear:really easy, normal bow and 2nd wear crossbow
    Stat:STR "62" Int "50" Vit "50" Dex "69" Speed "35" Sense "69"

Gadgeteer Hobbit Male "Agasa"
    Creation
    Attribute: Vit "10" Dex "10" Sense "10"
    Skill: RC "4" Eng "3" MW "5" L&T "3"

Plain:1st vit "55" need to reach 60 point minimum, in normal mode was learn gad need a lot carry capacity cause stone have high weight, after vit, will focus Sense and Dex then Speed and Vit
    Info:after gad reach 16 lvl omnigun can use "Stones + Musket Balls + Darts + Throwing Knives + Arrows + Quarrels" want to know more? in 26 lvl, the omnigun get insane bonuses "1% insane skill chance to", sry cant post all bonuses, to many have, check it in jeffludwig website, its really a useful character, i know bard to, not sure why but i dislike that class, maybe in next expert mode will replace gad to bard, will see.
    Gearnly OmniGun, no Musket no other. + gadget item like xray or Hypnotic Lure
    Stat:Int "55" Vit "55" Dex "70" Speed "50" Sense "65"

Bishop Elf Female "Lina"
    Creation
    Attribute: INT "10" PIETY "10" Speed "10"
    Magic: Energy Ball + Frost
    Skill: Wizardry "5" Fire "5" Water "5"

Plain:1st Speed "55" to 65 or 70, will see what speed point need, then int and piety to maximize, in skills will be wizardry and fire and water in first then alchemy and air and earth
    Info:want to make a strong magic dd, in normal mode, my mage in arnika road was so good, 1 aoe magic skill "fireball" was enough to kill all enemys, in here will be less damage and probable not reach that strong till 20.
    Gearrobable none, so many skill can use, and will hit harder then a weak sling can do, but who know maybe she out of all sp xD
    Stat:Int"65" Piety "65" Vit "35" Dex "55" Speed "55" Sense "55"

Bishop Elf Female "Amelia"
    Creation
    Attribute: INT "10" PIETY "10" Speed "10"
    Magic: Heal Wounds + Sleep
    Skill: Divinity "5" Air "5" Divine "5"

Plain:1st Speed "55" to 65 or 70, will see what speed point need, then int and piety to maximize, in skills will be divinity and divine and air and water for stamina and paralyze then Psionic and mental and earth
    Info:suport class for healing hp and stamina and buffing and debuffing enemys and cure party member.
    Gear:low chance for using ammo like stone , so no weap max staff with good debuff
    Stat:Int"65" Piety "65" Vit "35" Dex "55" Speed "55" Sense "55"
    Last edited by Foxy; 01-17-2016 at 04:43 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want a challenging game, just don't train the skills.
    Progress as you are.

Let your characters excel at what they are doing and adjust it if they aren't developing in the right direction!

The middle ground though is to still train your skills somewhat, for instance by constantly casting cheap 'light' spell while travelling, but it is ok, kind of when you do some wrist exercise while walking or waiting on a red light.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thx Foxy for help me edit my first post
    Finally my party ready, cant wait to kill the 1st and 2nd boss in lower monastery .

If you have any suggestion or advice, or 1 of my character plan is not right, feel free to post it.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally i kill the hardest group "Juggernaut" stun and insanity was the key, btw the toon who was make the first instant kill was Samurai , was bid for ranger.
    Right now i try to clean Arnika-Trynton Road. and try to do the first dungeon, then will go to 2nd dungeon in near Umpani Camp.

1 question, i know it have a permanent stat bonus somewhere but for which stat? int or str? or both? some1 help me out.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trynton has +5 Int.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally i get my first important item "Astral Dominea + fake", still hard to kill same lvl group, that good

Fighter 14 Str 100 Vit 88
    Samurai 13 Dex + Speed 96
    Ranger 13 Dex + Sense 100
    Gadgeteer 14 Dex + Sense 100
    1st Bishop 12 "Wizard + Alchemy" Int 100 Piety 96, all attribute and Wizardry school more then 75
    2st Bishop 12 "Divinity + Spionics" Int 96 Piety 97, all attribute and Divinity school more then 75

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Party is pretty good. I would have suggested to take another ranger instead of the samurai for a ranged party with tripleshot crossbows, since you took a gadgeteer. Also, I only put points into speed to get speed to 45(55 with snakespeed boots), because level 7 haste gives 70 speed(+55 = 125 speed(capped)). How to school/realm your bishops is probably mostly preference, although I find myself taking wiz+psi and pumping fire/air/mind, and the other bishop with alch/div and pumping water/earth/divine.