Thread: New Mod Pack?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New Mod Pack?

This is more of a question to those that have been on daily that I've seen recently (Pervy and Cubbie) and care for the server (Steel). Are you guys get bored or "finished" (or for Steel's case: possibly missed out) with what you wanted with this pack? I know I'm doing bees and all, but that take quite a bit of time to get all of them (where I want to eventually finish). I've asked people of my era to join me on the server, but their response has been to wait for the next mod pack. I don't want this to be a factor in determining if we need a new mod pack, but something to note why some people haven't been on. Since I got my first alveary today, I'd like to kind of know how much more investment I should put into this pack if it's going to flip soon. Any and all comments welcome from everyone!

Once Again Tradeskiller Main Chef_Wubbie's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bears are gathering monsters... this should be a warning of something.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: imgumbydmnt Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:8913514

I'm up for anything, and would love a try at putting something together again, but it all boils down to whether Steel wants the headache.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

WTH!?!?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    832 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: SteelwindOo Steam ID: SteelwindOo

Always up for a rebuild. It isn't all that hard and is a good distraction.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

If we're staying with 1.7.10, which is probably best, I think it would be a good idea to mix it up a little bit. IMHO, people are getting bored, and not sticking around long. But I could be wrong, who knows.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem is there are mods we depend on, which eventually hit a point where everything becomes super easy.
    With nothing extra to draw peoples attention once they become gods, they get bored.
    Like I don;t think anyone has ever really explored the deeper dark dimension to see what it contains, but its a part of Extra Utils (iirc) so we've had it multiple times just not sure people know its there.
    There are lots of hidden features and things we skip over because we know of a better thing in this other mod to do something.
    I've never considered EnderIo farming things, because MFR is something I know, its reliable, and it just works.
    Agricraft while its cool, once you've leveled up all the crops and are trying to figure out what to do with the over flow because there isn't a big demand for 95% of the crops.
    I went with the food ender chest this time... I've not had to refill it since I started it. I see a few things have been added by others, but we've never been at the ZOMG make more food we're out level.
    We have the hunger adjustment mods, but the healing axe & saturation climate control thing negate it for those who can make those things.
    The central build together thing worked for a hot minute, but then people branched out which is okay... but once we're spread out we don't collaborate as much on stuff.
    I build up systems to have stuff to share... but don;t seem them used that much.
    I have lots of enchanted books all sorted and waiting.
    I built a system that takes grinder drops, tosses junk, disenchants automatically, combines armors to make full armor, a smeltry to melt down that armor when I filled a chest with multiple suits.
    I worked out all of the puzzles of how to get the items to where they needed to be, and I enjoyed it... but no one wants a full chainmail suit when they can have superpower armor of doom with enhancements better than enchanting can give.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel some of the problem is how common resources and certain loot are. Cubbie mentioned he never needed to refill the food chest. To be fair, I don't think I helped when looting many dungeons and bringing back all the good food. Another One Bites the Dust is a mod that makes resources easy to get since these bushes are not so difficult to get. These are just a few examples. I feel making some of this stuff rarer (if we want these mods) may help prolong the experience and make the achievement (whatever your end game is) more rewarding.

I know I want to continue with bees, but breeding bees is quite the endeavor. There's also a bit of motivation loss when the resource bees aren't even needed due to the crops taking care of resource creation. I do tend to get a bit Poke-bee crazy, perhaps doing smaller chucks of the bees may help with that. I'm sad I never did anything with Apiamancy or Botania bee stuff at all. I seem to get overwhelmed with doing all the things!

I was also kinda sad the whole "one town" idea fell apart. If you haven't seen Atlantis yet, I suggest you see it now!

Are there any mods for questing? This may add some flair that's missing.

I'm not sure what else to say, other than if a very particular person would like some very particular mods in the next pack, HE should post his own suggestions.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

The AOBTD ore bushes really don't have too much of an impact on resources IMHO, you'll only average a few ingots in a 24 hour period, and that's once they mature, which takes a bit. I just think we really need to freshen up the pack, and remove a few god-like recipes/mods. I also would like to retire some of the mods that won't make it past 1.7.10. Just so we can start wean ourselves off of them, aka Thermal Expansion.

p.s. I would love to hear some new mod suggestions.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New build! Oooooooo, that means new mods. . I was wondering if we could add a little bit of nostalgia to the pack :>. I wouldn't mind having some IC^2 nuclear reactors and some orginal galacticraft, as well as some of the newer galacticraft stuff (if the newer part of it is functionally stable.) :3. And Perv mentioned something of a pokemon-eske GBA or something. Maybe we could also add a pokemon mod (gotta catch em all yo!) :3

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe adventuring? I saw a neat Archaeology mod and Hardcore Ender Expansion. But those are some suggestions.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Claus I doubt your dungeon hunting hurt the food thing much, I think it was how quickly the numbers dropped.
    I do crazy things like make a full stack of a few different foods then add a couple more as time goes on... so that I'm not making the same thing every day.

I had planned to try and automate all the things in my lower level but then chucked that idea to make my grinder.
    There comes a point when making an iron ingot is a huge victory... and then a while later its just an annoyance.... they should just be there.

I planted to many plants, I do this. Since most of my resources are plant based, and I need resources to get rolling I plant lots of plants to get enough to make things.... and then don't cut back on them as I don;t need to make that many things.
    Last time I was on there were a stupid number of singularities in my ME, I'm scared to know what the number is now.

If we were going to build a new super pack I think the best idea would be for people to say what their top 1 or 2 game goals are.
    I like to plant all the things
    I like working out puzzles on how to automagic stuff

I'm not a big explorer, hunter, digger... give me a flight ring, self repairing tools and I am happy to sit in 1 spot a building something to hold the farm & its output and my crazy contraptions to do things.
    I'm happiest to make resources for others to do cool stuff with.
    I would have moved into the tower we have now and filled the whole thing will all the ME drives & machines with recipes to process all the things.
    I would have worked out a way for people to drop off raw materials in a chest that then zipped them along to where they needed to be and churn out finished things.

I'd be happiest living in a big hub of industry where people lived or visited on their way to do cool things...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Pervy,

You want to start a new pack/discussion thread with your ideas? I guess those that are interested in what they want may express their input.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

It may take me a couple of day to throw something together, RL is biting me in the ass, but sure.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No rush, at least for me. I'm teaching now an intense 5 week physics course now. So, I might not be all about Minecraft when I get home. :S Rat is getting excited and asking me if the new mod pack is up. >_> Calling me "baby" and asking about the mod-pack. I usually vomit and tell him I'm dead. Hopefully Guv, Mikhail, Index, and Willow (maybe Karebear) will come back. Been talking with them semi-regularly through GW2, they seem excited.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Claus, can you convince them to drop by and post the top 2 or 3 things they like to do in MC?
    I really want to make sure we get things that will keep people interested and doing things.
    We might not need 100 mods to make it fun (which would help stability) and maybe focus on mods that have lots of interest.
    Like you like the Bees, but you mentioned some more explorey adventure mods that I don;t think we've ever done.
    I'm really into creating resources and working out how to make mods interact for the best results.

I'm sort of against whatever lets the digital miner happen, because that seems to be built as early as possible to get lots of high end materials without much effort.
    Its one thing when we have all the cool toys built and we need to get some more rare resoruces to do a bit more, and another when we are just getting tree farms running and someones in power armor.
    It'll be tricky to find a balance of convenience and challenge, but I think we can puzzle it out.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, I'd like to see: Fossils and Archaeology Revival and Aura Cascade. I almost want NuclearCraft, but they just updated to release level and have some issues I'm not happy with yet.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

I don't know how well this would go on a server, but how's this?

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums...n-to-minecraft

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    832 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: SteelwindOo Steam ID: SteelwindOo

1.8.9 or better though...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

What's 1.8.9 or better? Oh, page 5

http://mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecr...ther-downloads

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh! Before you kill the server for the new mod pack, could you tell me so that I may take some screen shots of everything!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm fine with whatever y'all do. I recently got distracted by work, and by messing with Vanilla 1.10 a bit to give my nephew a tip or two since he's new to the pc version.