Thread: HTC Vive

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default HTC Vive

It's frackin awesome! If you ever get a chance, try this.. it's really mindblowing the VR experience you get with that. Before ever trying any VR, wasn't sure it would ever be more than a gimmick.. but after trying it, I certainly can see the potential (not just for games).
    Give it a few more years and I'm sure we'll see amazing things happen in the space.

Put a little fence around it!
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Docmandu View Post
    It's frackin awesome! If you ever get a chance, try this.. it's really mindblowing the VR experience you get with that. Before ever trying any VR, wasn't sure it would ever be more than a gimmick.. but after trying it, I certainly can see the potential (not just for games).
    Give it a few more years and I'm sure we'll see amazing things happen in the space.
    I knoooow! We sold our demo unit to a customer and I miss playing with it.

We're supposed to see the launch of a bunch of PC VR headsets this springish(Tied to Windows 10 CU1) for around ~$300. I think that's a bit more reasonable price point
    Now, I am become Catbug, the destroyer of realities.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seeing my mom use Google Earth to zoom in where my siblings and I grew up was a highlight of Christmas Eve. VR is amazing right now, and the biggest attraction to it isn't even gaming.
    I block all signatures. Feel free to ignore mine.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah the price is too high atm... let's just hope that the "cheaper" sets don't cause people to hate VR due to how crappy they are.

Google Earth is indeed very nice.. basically the "killer" app for PC VR. Though the Valve thingy (forgot the name.. destinations?) is quite nice too.. walk around the valve office.. or visit mars (they took the NASA foto's).

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Lab, Job Simulator, Audio Shield and Google Earth are all worthwhile. Arizona Sunshine is fun, but it's pricey for what it provides. My brother likes Quivr, and my wife like the mini golf one. Once my brother grabs a set, we'll probably try out Onward.
    I block all signatures. Feel free to ignore mine.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Found Accounting to be quite funny and nicely done. (best to not look at youtube before playing it, would spoil the clues)
    Gnomes & Goblins looks very cool, but it's just a short PoC. Will certainly get this if they ever make the full game. (http://store.steampowered.com/app/490840/)
    Eleven table tennis VR I like too.. table tennis.. perfect game to make in VR, just have to make sure you use the wrist straps, else your controller might be flying through the room (http://store.steampowered.com/app/488310/)

Haven't tried Onward yet, but heard some people get motion sickness with that one.