Thread: Day without immigrants.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ysuro

So maybe you should be able to pick someone based on them and not a license.

What does "them" mean? How does someone who is looking for an electrician for the first time pick someone based on "them"?

You pick people based on a good sense of due diligence, and someone being certified or licensed is a good first step in that process.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ysuro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Budikah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeMeow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Effex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeMeow

Like a licensed electrician or an electrical worker? Lol

Yes
    No I meant which one because one requires schooling and the other well... Messes $#@! up lol
    Anyone has the capability to $#@! $#@! up. I've had fully licensed and bonded $#@!s with fancy trucks and hats come to my facility and $#@! $#@! up while the local chud wanders in and fixes the problem in minutes.

Your post is just another extension of the problem.
    What? Are you suggesting that the government license program didn't produce the results intended?
    I'm suggesting that no licensing program is perfect.

People graduate with degrees but still falter daily.

People never set foot in college and do just fine.

It's a wide spectrum and people exist all over it.
    Not in this case... You can work in the field all your life and you're not going to learn what you do in school. There's a lot to electricity, you aren't going to learn it just by working in the field doesn't help they are mostly retards, and yes I feel this way about 90% of the people I've worked with. The schooling is also 4 years in florida

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The schooling is also 4 years in florida
    Florida's only export to the rest of the country is retards.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Effex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeMeow

Like a licensed electrician or an electrical worker? Lol

Yes
    No I meant which one because one requires schooling and the other well... Messes $#@! up lol
    Anyone has the capability to $#@! $#@! up. I've had fully licensed and bonded $#@!s with fancy trucks and hats come to my facility and $#@! $#@! up while the local chud wanders in and fixes the problem in minutes.

Your post is just another extension of the problem.
    What? Are you suggesting that the government license program didn't produce the results intended?
    I'm suggesting that no licensing program is perfect.

People graduate with degrees but still falter daily.

People never set foot in college and do just fine.

It's a wide spectrum and people exist all over it.
    Not in this case... You can work in the field all your life and you're not going to learn what you do in school. There's a lot to electricity, you aren't going to learn it just by working in the field doesn't help they are mostly retards, and yes I feel this way about 90% of the people I've worked with. The schooling is also 4 years in florida
    So are you saying that you shouldn't be able to hire who you pick to do your electrical? That the government needs to tell you who is acceptable?
    Quote Originally Posted by Budikah

Apparently as of this moment grabbing pussies and potential pay to play schemes aren't on the disqualifying list.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So are you saying that you shouldn't be able to hire who you pick to do your electrical? That the government needs to tell you who is acceptable?
    It isn't the government telling you who is acceptable, it is a standardized system telling you the electrician you are going to hire isn't a con man.
    Imagine if you were so corrupt that you used your grotesque power to become a presidential candidate and then your entire party crashed and burned because of how much of an evil, dishonest person you are.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Longhaul View Post
    It isn't the government telling you who is acceptable, it is a standardized system telling you the electrician you are going to hire isn't a con man.
    And you believe that?

Apparently as of this moment grabbing pussies and potential pay to play schemes aren't on the disqualifying list.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The schooling is also 4 years in florida
    Florida's only export to the rest of the country is retards.
    It's pretty calm here... No rioting, racial tension etc. So atm we are thinking the opposite but thanks

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And you believe that?
    You can hire anyone you want you just need a licensed person to sign off on it that its not going to kill someone lol

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And you believe that?
    It's a question of mechanics, not convincing. A standardized system dictates the rules involving a contractor. A government tells you whether or not it's ok to hire or pick someone who isn't a contractor. I don't think anyone here is suggesting you should be required to hire contractor, or that you cannot offer services as a non-contractor. It's that the rules to become a contractor is a safer minimum than not being one.

This is ignoring the fact that, in order to be a licensed contractor, you need things like maintaining insurance, which is your insurance by proxy if you hire the contractor.

Edit: This is a pertinent Reddit post.
    Last edited by Hep; 02-18-2017 at 10:53 PM.
    I block all signatures. Feel free to ignore mine.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And you believe that?
    I believe you believe that 'government' only exists to expand its power.
    Imagine if you were so corrupt that you used your grotesque power to become a presidential candidate and then your entire party crashed and burned because of how much of an evil, dishonest person you are.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hep View Post
    And you believe that?
    It's a question of mechanics, not convincing. A standardized system dictates the rules involving a contractor. A government tells you whether or not it's ok to hire or pick someone who isn't a contractor. I don't think anyone here is suggesting you should be required to hire contractor, or that you cannot offer services as a non-contractor. It's that the rules to become a contractor is a safer minimum than not being one.

This is ignoring the fact that, in order to be a licensed contractor, you need things like maintaining insurance, which is your insurance by proxy if you hire the contractor.

Edit: This is a pertinent Reddit post.

Interesting read.

A bit off topic but it reminds me of this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice..._in_apartment/

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And you believe that?
    I believe you believe that 'government' only exists to expand its power.
    I don't think that was the original intention of government, but I do believe it is what we have now.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I work as an electrician in an area where there no licences/certifications are required.

For the most part they exist for 2 reasons.

1 To protect unions jobs.
    In many areas the license requirements are practically developed by the union.
    And the union has its own(often time intensive) ways of doing things that have nothing to do with the national electrical code.

2 When municipalities have their own license system - its essentially always to make sure local contractors get the work and to keep money in the community.

I do commercial and industrial work exclusively and the idea of licenses in such work are a joke with respect to protecting anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedoba View Post
    You're a big, bad keyboard warrior. Keep hiding behind that keyboard..
    What did you say that you do for a living? Oh yeah, you didn't say..wonder why..
    We have Mardi Gras starting February 6th, why not come on down and join in the fun, Mr. Keyboard?
    Oh yeah, I'm sure you're too busy for that, right old boy?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
    I work as an electrician in an area where there no licences/certifications are required.

For the most part they exist for 2 reasons.

1 To protect unions jobs.
    In many areas the license requirements are practically developed by the union.
    And the union has its own(often time intensive) ways of doing things that have nothing to do with the national electrical code.

2 When municipalities have their own license system - its essentially always to make sure local contractors get the work and to keep money in the community.

I do commercial and industrial work exclusively and the idea of licenses in such work are a joke with respect to protecting anyone.
    I was hoping someone would mention the union side of licensing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2