Thread: Day without immigrants.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Day without immigrants.

If they are talking about illegal immigrants im guessing most Trump voters wont notice any difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedoba View Post
    You're a big, bad keyboard warrior. Keep hiding behind that keyboard..
    What did you say that you do for a living? Oh yeah, you didn't say..wonder why..
    We have Mardi Gras starting February 6th, why not come on down and join in the fun, Mr. Keyboard?
    Oh yeah, I'm sure you're too busy for that, right old boy?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They make produce cheaper. Don't know any people who would want to go pick tomatoes at below minimum wage, even at minimum.

As for the "event" I thought it was just in DC.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So illegal immigrants are going on Strike huh? Maybe they should STRIKE up a conversation with a bus driver or air line pilot on their way back the $#@! home. The hilarious part is they want to make it sound like its all Immigrants, but what LEGAL immigrant would want illegals to stay here? They actually went through the process of becoming a legal American citizen, paid their dues, waited in line. Its ridiculous. In Iowa you know who de-tassels the corn? High school students, these "Minimum wage" blah blah poor illegal jobs everyone yaps about should just be done by who has done them for the last 100+ years. High Schoolers. They need jobs too. For the record corn de-tasseling pays a $#@! load of money.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Budikah View Post
    They make produce cheaper. Don't know any people who would want to go pick tomatoes at below minimum wage, even at minimum.

As for the "event" I thought it was just in DC.
    They seem to be promoting it for the whole country.
    I doubt its going to be noticed in many read or even purple townships.
    What did you say that you do for a living? Oh yeah, you didn't say..wonder why..
    We have Mardi Gras starting February 6th, why not come on down and join in the fun, Mr. Keyboard?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What was this supposed to accomplish besides advertise which businesses abuse wage slave labor?
    Imagine if you were so corrupt that you used your grotesque power to become a presidential candidate and then your entire party crashed and burned because of how much of an evil, dishonest person you are.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Longhaul View Post
    What was this supposed to accomplish besides advertise which businesses abuse wage slave labor?
    It was supposed to show you that you can't live without illegal immigrants.

Anyways there are positive and negative to illegal immigrants. Most of the negatives are caused by the government not the immigrants. For instance one that a lot of people don't think about is the fact that you as a US citizen can not compete with them when negotiating for a job effectively. I.E. they can outbid you everyday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Budikah

Apparently as of this moment grabbing pussies and potential pay to play schemes aren't on the disqualifying list.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're not getting your message across by crippling your own communities for 1 business day.

Want to get your message across? We can start by having a higher voter turnout than 55%.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Just0r View Post
    For the record corn de-tasseling pays a $#@! load of money.
    put me in coach
    http://gimpchimp.etilader.com/s/CDFTW

[Celticdualftw - R10LX - Nightshade TL]

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny my son goes to a magnet high school- to make the area look better on scores it's in a predominately hispanic neighborhood.

The only thing they taught him was how much nicer the day was overall with them missing.

I had to laugh when he told me.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ysuro View Post

Anyways there are positive and negative to illegal immigrants. Most of the negatives are caused by the government not the immigrants. For instance one that a lot of people don't think about is the fact that you as a US citizen can not compete with them when negotiating for a job effectively. I.E. they can outbid you everyday.
    Everyone thinks that's bull$#@!, but a company my brother in law work for went out of business because of illegals. His friend ran a stonemasonry company in part of CO. They weren't getting rich but making a living. Some guy brought in a crew of illegals and started underbidding on every job. His friend couldn't match those prices and make a profit.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sworks View Post

Everyone thinks that's bull$#@!, but a company my brother in law work for went out of business because of illegals. His friend ran a stonemasonry company in part of CO. They weren't getting rich but making a living. Some guy brought in a crew of illegals and started underbidding on every job. His friend couldn't match those prices and make a profit.
    The fault is with the US government and the minimum wage. It just showcases one way that minimum wage hurts people.

Apparently as of this moment grabbing pussies and potential pay to play schemes aren't on the disqualifying list.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fault is with the US government and the minimum wage. It just showcases one way that minimum wage hurts people.
    The fault with murders is the government and the rules against killing other people. It just show cases how rules against murder hurts people.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post

The fault with murders is the government and the rules against killing other people. It just show cases how rules against murder hurts people.
    You seem to have missed the point entirely so.

I will try and explain the point:

You being a legal citizen are bidding for a job against an illegal immigrant. You have to abide by all labor laws of the USA, for instance minimum wage. The illegal immigrant does not have to abide by the labor laws including minimum wage. So you are unable to bid lower than minimum wage as your labor cost, the illegal can undercut you for the same job every time. Then you don't get the job. So the illegal isn't the one that created the unfair playing field it is the government that did.

i.e. without government intervention you could negotiate your compensation for yourself.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You being a legal citizen are bidding for a job against an illegal immigrant. You have to abide by all labor laws of the USA, for instance minimum wage. The illegal immigrant does not have to abide by the labor laws including minimum wage. So you are unable to bid lower than minimum wage as your labor cost, the illegal can undercut you for the same job every time. Then you don't get the job. So the illegal isn't the one that created the unfair playing field it is the government that did.

i.e. without government intervention you could negotiate your compensation for yourself.
    Or perhaps the person who knowingly hired a work crew full of illegals versus the one playing by the rules.

None of that is their fault of course - morality doesn't matter when all you care about is making one number larger and another smaller.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or perhaps the person who knowingly hired a work crew full of illegals versus the one playing by the rules.

None of that is their fault of course - morality doesn't matter when all you care about is making one number larger and another smaller.
    What is immoral about bidding lower for a job than someone else?

illegal does not = immoral
    Legal does not = moral

Also would you let your family starve to support your own morals? Or would you illegally accept a lower wage?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The part that makes it possible for you to bid that low in the first place, thus $#@!ing over the people who choose to support their own countrymen and play by the rules everyone else is.

Knowingly hiring somebody who uses illegal labor to drive their costs down just hurts other hard working people. If nobody in town is willing to go that low in cost and a guy shows up with an offer too good to be true, something has got to be up. Nobody works for free.

When you hire illegals, it forces more people to do the same to keep competing, and then you reach the point we are at now.

As for the last part, I'd just find something else to do. There are a multitude of jobs and ways to make a living - you aren't stuck with one that makes you choose between morals and a paycheck.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The part that makes it possible for you to bid that low in the first place, thus $#@!ing over the people who choose to support their own countrymen and play by the rules everyone else is.

Knowingly hiring somebody who uses illegal labor to drive their costs down just hurts other hard working people. If nobody in town is willing to go that low in cost and a guy shows up with an offer too good to be true, something has got to be up. Nobody works for free.

When you hire illegals, it forces more people to do the same to keep competing, and then you reach the point we are at now.

As for the last part, I'd just find something else to do. There are a multitude of jobs and ways to make a living - you aren't stuck with one that makes you choose between morals and a paycheck.
    Without government intervention the problem would go away is my point, and it would. The idea that one person is in the right and the other in the wrong is itself created by the government.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not just source labor from anywhere? Citizen, non citizen, etc - $#@! it, just go with whoever will work for the least.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not just source labor from anywhere? Citizen, non citizen, etc - $#@! it, just go with whoever will work for the least.
    Or whoever will do the best work at the best price. I agree.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No I totally got that.

My response was to show the absurdity of saying how much better off Americans would be if they could have sub-minimum wage jobs.
    You didnt understand.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No I totally got that.

My response was to show the absurdity of saying how much better off Americans would be if they could have sub-minimum wage jobs.
    You didnt understand.
    Your post didn't have anything that would convey the message you now say it did. Anyways I will talk about it. What if instead of doing away with the minimum wage you did away with it being illegal for one party to work here? That would at least dispel your worry about sub minimum wage jobs while putting both parties on the same level when negotiating pay.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I envision a brave new future of people from third world countries being shipped over to work for the bare minimum and kept in the cheapest possible living conditions.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this strategy was pretty questionable. However, it went by totally unnoticed by me today too.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I envision a brave new future of people from third world countries being shipped over to work for the bare minimum and kept in the cheapest possible living conditions.
    You know you described the UAE. I got to spend some time in their lovely labor camps in the middle of the desert.

Powder River, let 'er buck! Exon_NS's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What should the minimum wage be then? I'd love to hear what you've got to say on this issue with your vast economics background.
    Pissing off liberals one post at a time.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Exon_NS View Post

What should the minimum wage be then? I'd love to hear what you've got to say on this issue with your vast economics background.
    As opposed to 0 as he suggested?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What is immoral about bidding lower for a job than someone else?

illegal does not = immoral
    Legal does not = moral

Also would you let your family starve to support your own morals? Or would you illegally accept a lower wage?
    Not for nothing, but the moment they entered the country illegally is why they are called "illegal."

If we're going to spend billions of dollars at the border protecting it with para-military law enforcement agencies, then there has to be some sort of punishment for being here "illegally"
    Vault Network Forum Manager - Rolled to IGN
    PC Admin - Retired
    DAoC Manager - Active
    Acery - Lancelot - Retired
    Acery - Pellinor - Retired
    P.O.O.P. - People Offended by Offended People

Powder River, let 'er buck! Exon_NS's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should it be $22/hr like Elizabeth Warren suggested?
    Pissing off liberals one post at a time.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Differs from place to place. Rural areas cannot support the same that others can.

Put a little fence around it!
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$50 at least, with full socialized health care. Everyone should get food stamps and free college too.
    Now, I am become Catbug, the destroyer of realities .

Know a bug? Post it here:
    http://bit.ly/2lxuTha

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddire
    $50 at least, with full socialized health care. Everyone should get food stamps and free college too.

Eww, you communist.

How dare you think about investing into the youth of this country so that they can be better prepared to put money back into it.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Effex View Post

Eww, you communist.

How dare you think about investing into the youth of this country so that they can be better prepared to put money back into it.
    ikr

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eww, you communist.

Not everyone should go to college. I sure as hell don't want my tax dollars letting some kids go get a useless degree on my dime and turning into the useless pieces of $#@! we have rioting today.

Eliminate student loans and the prices come down. By eliminating student loans, kids will put a lot more thought into the degrees they choose since they have to pay for them.
    Can't afford college- enlist - it's what I did.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eww, you communist.

Not everyone should go to college. I sure as hell don't want my tax dollars letting some kids go get a useless degree on my dime and turning into the useless pieces of $#@! we have rioting today.

Eliminate student loans and the prices come down. By eliminating student loans, kids will put a lot more thought into the degrees they choose since they have to pay for them.
    Heck, if it's going to be OK for kids to go to schools that teach alternative history and facts AND recieve federal money(Creationism and other stupid $#@!) I don't see why we can't pay for some liberal arts degrees. /s

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eww, you communist.

You're assuming a whole lot for barely anything that I've said (while being sarcastic, mind you)

The way I really see it is this: A federal scholarship program that grants qualified, community college graduates the chance to get their BS or MS in a field of study that we could use more workers in.

Otherwise, we expand the trade sector in this country to get people learning the various trades that are in such demand all over the country, and remove this stupid ass stigma associated with being a plumber or an electrician.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddire View Post

Eww, you communist.

Heck, if it's going to be OK for kids to go to schools that teach alternative history and facts AND recieve federal money(Creationism and other stupid $#@!) I don't see why we can't pay for some liberal arts degrees. /s
    You assume I'm ok with any of that crap.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eww, you communist.

Otherwise, we expand the trade sector in this country to get people learning the various trades that are in such demand all over the country, and remove this stupid ass stigma associated with being a plumber or an electrician.

I believe that is a huge issue in this country. My wife has experienced that back when I was a mechanic and she told people at work what I did.

I also experience when trying to transition into programing.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eww, you communist.

I believe that is a huge issue in this country. My wife has experienced that back when I was a mechanic and she told people at work what I did.

I also experience when trying to transition into programing.
    It is the highschools brainwashing the kids. That said there is stability in having a job that can't be outsourced. You can't outsource plumbing, you are stuck with someone local.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eww, you communist.

You're assuming a whole lot for barely anything that I've said (while being sarcastic, mind you)

The way I really see it is this: A federal scholarship program that grants qualified, community college graduates the chance to get their BS or MS in a field of study that we could use more workers in.

Like a licensed electrician or an electrical worker? Lol

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

A friend of mine decided to follow his love of cars. He had a successful career in mortgage, at a young age. But he wasn't happy. He quit and went back to trade school. He now does body repair. His base pay is $95k - he makes more. Yes, he is great at what he does, Yes, he put in years barely making enough to live while he built his skills and reputation...but his hard work paid off. Working class def needs more respect.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeMeow

Yes

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forgive the anecdotal rant, but listening to one of my coworkers go on about needing illegal immigrants to pick crops because Americans wont (aka who else will work under the table for less than minimum wage with no benefits or protection so I can have cheaper vegetables) was pretty aggravating.
    Imagine if you were so corrupt that you used your grotesque power to become a presidential candidate and then your entire party crashed and burned because of how much of an evil, dishonest person you are.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because crop picking is so seasonal and requires so much moving through the season(in addition to the general unpleasantness) it will probably be done by Mexicans largely for the foreseeable future - even if they have to legal on temp work cards.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes
    No I meant which one because one requires schooling and the other well... Messes $#@! up lol

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeMeow View Post

Yes
    No I meant which one because one requires schooling and the other well... Messes $#@! up lol
    Anyone has the capability to $#@! $#@! up. I've had fully licensed and bonded $#@!s with fancy trucks and hats come to my facility and $#@! $#@! up while the local chud wanders in and fixes the problem in minutes.

Your post is just another extension of the problem.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes
    Anyone has the capability to $#@! $#@! up. I've had fully licensed and bonded $#@!s with fancy trucks and hats come to my facility and $#@! $#@! up while the local chud wanders in and fixes the problem in minutes.

Lol are you even sure the guy that came out was licensed? If the job took minutes I doubt it. Im talking large scale though as a apprentice electrician working on multimillion dollar jobs I work with these idiots daily if you would be willing to let them run the jobs good luck with that bud. You would have no idea of what im talking about though because you dont work with these people

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course licensed. I don't see how any sensible person would imply that he wants people to learn half-ass'd, unlicensed or uncertified trades.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes

What? Are you suggesting that the government license program didn't produce the results intended?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes

What? Are you suggesting that the government license program didn't produce the results intended?
    I'm suggesting that no licensing program is perfect.

People graduate with degrees but still falter daily.

People never set foot in college and do just fine.

It's a wide spectrum and people exist all over it.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes

I'm suggesting that no licensing program is perfect.

People graduate with degrees but still falter daily.

People never set foot in college and do just fine.

It's a wide spectrum and people exist all over it.
    So maybe you should be able to pick someone based on them and not a license.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast