User Tag List

Thread: Dodd slayer mod 2.4 quest direction?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dodd slayer mod 2.4 quest direction?

Hi Everyone, I am not sure if Dodd has an account on these forums, but I have been enjoying his mod thus far. I appreciate the non-linear sequence this game and the mod holds in tandem but i'm stuck with the quest line and would appreciate a point of the finger in the right direction as I believe this is an essential part of getting one of the three original aritifacts.

**Spoiler**

SO i've completed the Captain Braveheart sub quest and rescued his men. The room (or boat) has now spawned at the Arnika docks presumably to take me to an island to rescue shaman Das.

>> So my question is, where does the plot lead me to now? I've spoken to Sally Anne, the Captain and Caro yet nothing seems to be "activated" in terms on ths sttory line, or my quest log or that iv'e been given any quest item to initiate such continuation of the quest.

I'd love to finish this mod as i'm really enjoying it thus far, help appreciated!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also- Is the Gad dungeon essential to the quest plot?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I remember correctly, using the boat will take you to Rapax Island and you have to give a letter to a character there. Don't teleport out before rescuing the Shaman as the boat will still be there, not in Arnika, so you can't complete the game. Use the boat to get back if you need to.

The gadgie dungeon is just a fun side-quest and will drop an ingredient used for making an amazing sword (though the stat requirements to use it are huge).

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Wavydave, I perhaps didn't explain myself properly but the problem I have been having is finding out how to operate or who to interact with the boat in order to proceed with the quest and get to the rapax island. Bearing in mind I have saved captain braveheart, being back in Arnika with the boat there. But Sally-Anne, Shaman Faro or the captain don't give any new dialouge or indication on how to proceed. Perhaps I could pick your memory if you knew how?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There should be a ladder at the side of the boat which you can click on to board the boat. Once on board, click on the steering wheel and you should start moving.

It's possible that the invitation is part of the Reforged mod, not Dodd's - Reforged used new areas from Dodd's as well, but changed things quite a bit. If you get to the island and can't work out what to do, here's a spoiler.

Spoiler!

Let me know if you need more clues.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your assistance Wavydave, was immersed into the new areas and continued on. THe mine tunnel "secret area" was blocked off permanently to me since I had been through already and triggered the boulder without opening Tantris T'rang's door so I had no way to proceed with the critters in the tombs @ braveheart's area. Decided to ascend being satisfied with my experience with the mod anyway and is probably the best mod for this game for the reasons that made wiz 9 great, a good story line and thorough difficulty. Well done Dodd! Would love to make my own mod as I have the time now, but I baulked at the difficulty in trying to make new areas.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wiz 9 I wish! wiz 8*

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd welcome a new mod. Lunastralis and Frostguard have used existing areas, too. Then there is Kaucukovnic, who has made new areas for the game but AFAIK hasn't done anything to them. http://www.postcount.net/forum/showt...for-Wizardry-8
    Not Aelfinn or Eelfinn, but Realfinn

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ekilarml, are you suggesting that someone of the name of Kaucukovnic has a mod uploaded? or just new areas.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Actually, Kaucukovnic did complete a new mod, which can be found here http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index...to-arms.79581/ His mod, which I did succeed in uploading and playing, alters some of the class parameters, as explained in the above thread.

Last I saw, he was working on integrating new areas into his new mod, but it doesn't look like anything is going on anymore. I had forgotten about the new areas mentioned in this thread and don't know if they would work with his mod.