User Tag List

Results 1 to 27 of 27

Thread: Farming and Buffbot

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    17
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Farming and Buffbot

    Hi all,

    So I am coming back to DAOC after a long break and would like to build a decent character for essentially gzuild events and stuff (more PVE occasional RVR)

    My choice came upon a chanter.

    So to my question, do I need a Buffbot at end game to be able to farm decently solo ?
    The NPC buffs do not work on my pet so it's kind of restricted.
    Thing is I will not have that much of play time.

    If you guys can advise on a friendly Hib guild, that would be great as well.

    Thanks.
    Agi.

  2. #2
    Sieging Advocate Sovereign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,282
    Likes (Given)
    201
    Likes (Received)
    1328
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    For farming using a pet I always recommend a buff bot. It just makes the pet so much stronger that if you have the capacity to run a buff bot, I would do it.
    RR12 Stormlord Wizard
    RR12 Warlord Cleric
    RR12 Warlord Minstrel

  3. #3
    Newbie Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    841
    Likes (Given)
    515
    Likes (Received)
    550
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    For farming using a pet I always recommend a buff bot. It just makes the pet so much stronger that if you have the capacity to run a buff bot, I would do it.
    Bard bot also good tho for heal proc, good to combine with your pet and damage shield. Instead of druid. You can get some slightly weaker spec buffs in champion level lines to buff yourself/pet.

  4. #4
    Sieging Advocate Sovereign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,282
    Likes (Given)
    201
    Likes (Received)
    1328
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    For farming using a pet I always recommend a buff bot. It just makes the pet so much stronger that if you have the capacity to run a buff bot, I would do it.
    Bard bot also good tho for heal proc, good to combine with your pet and damage shield. Instead of druid. You can get some slightly weaker spec buffs in champion level lines to buff yourself/pet.
    With how hardy they made the tank pets I could fully see switching the druid with a bard.
    RR12 Stormlord Wizard
    RR12 Warlord Cleric
    RR12 Warlord Minstrel

  5. #5
    Member Triq02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    28,123
    Likes (Given)
    18
    Likes (Received)
    1205
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Triq02

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    For farming using a pet I always recommend a buff bot. It just makes the pet so much stronger that if you have the capacity to run a buff bot, I would do it.
    Bard bot also good tho for heal proc, good to combine with your pet and damage shield. Instead of druid. You can get some slightly weaker spec buffs in champion level lines to buff yourself/pet.
    With how hardy they made the tank pets I could fully see switching the druid with a bard.
    CL spec buffs to fill the gap as well
    Hello, I'm Dave
    Videos

  6. #6
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    17
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks for the advice ! So CL levels to compensate the spec buffs. Bard would also bring in better movement speed so it makes sense.

  7. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    141
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aginorh View Post
    Thanks for the advice ! So CL levels to compensate the spec buffs. Bard would also bring in better movement speed so it makes sense.
    And power regen. And group port. And waterbreath. And CC. And endo.

  8. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    17
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alnmike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aginorh View Post
    Thanks for the advice ! So CL levels to compensate the spec buffs. Bard would also bring in better movement speed so it makes sense.
    And power regen. And group port. And waterbreath. And CC. And endo.
    Yes sure but can u really do all that with alt tabbing ?

  9. #9
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    141
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aginorh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alnmike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aginorh View Post
    Thanks for the advice ! So CL levels to compensate the spec buffs. Bard would also bring in better movement speed so it makes sense.
    And power regen. And group port. And waterbreath. And CC. And endo.
    Yes sure but can u really do all that with alt tabbing ?
    All songs can be played at once now. And the rest of those things are 10 minute buffs. 12.5 min with duration bonuses.
    Just alt tab every now and then to heal, but with the heal proc, shouldn't be too often, especially with ml9 pet.

    I also suggest getting 25% duration and buff bonus for both toons. Make ML9/juggy last longer, and buff bonus will help make pet stronger.
    Last edited by alnmike; 04-18-2017 at 09:27 AM.

  10. #10
    NS TL & Top 3 Air Theurg CDFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Valdosta, GA
    Posts
    11,363
    Likes (Given)
    11079
    Likes (Received)
    2092
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    chanter + bard is best

    use ally for best focus pull results
    http://gimpchimp.etilader.com/s/CDFTW

    [Celticdualftw - R10LX - Nightshade TL]


    Solo Theurg Video

  11. #11
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    141
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CDFTW View Post
    chanter + bard is best

    use ally for best focus pull results
    Why is ally better than the tank? Should I be using something besides the warrior on my SM?

    Thanks

  12. #12
    NS TL & Top 3 Air Theurg CDFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Valdosta, GA
    Posts
    11,363
    Likes (Given)
    11079
    Likes (Received)
    2092
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alnmike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CDFTW View Post
    chanter + bard is best

    use ally for best focus pull results
    Why is ally better than the tank? Should I be using something besides the warrior on my SM?

    Thanks
    Compatriot has a self AF buff (weaker than bard's). Also, the ally will heal... which is a big help if the chanter/bard gets aggro.

    I'm not familiar with alb/mid pets.
    http://gimpchimp.etilader.com/s/CDFTW

    [Celticdualftw - R10LX - Nightshade TL]


    Solo Theurg Video

  13. #13
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,124
    Likes (Given)
    887
    Likes (Received)
    747
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Twitch Channel(s)
    View Channel: kujiiiii

    Default

    The Compatriot was changed last class patch. It no longer has a weak self shield. It also uses taunt styles on its target.

  14. #14
    NS TL & Top 3 Air Theurg CDFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Valdosta, GA
    Posts
    11,363
    Likes (Given)
    11079
    Likes (Received)
    2092
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kujii View Post
    The Compatriot was changed last class patch. It no longer has a weak self shield. It also uses taunt styles on its target.
    Oh, cool.

    Can the ally still be set to taunt? If so, I'd still use it over the Compatriot, for the heals.

    Edit: Although, the heals can also be interrupted now. So they might be about the same, unless the compatriot just hits a LOT harder.
    http://gimpchimp.etilader.com/s/CDFTW

    [Celticdualftw - R10LX - Nightshade TL]


    Solo Theurg Video

  15. #15
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    168
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    before patch enchant had solid healing pet or solid compatriot and good dps at the same time,

    now the new compatriot has no dps and other pets have no hp and can be interupted so the healing pet is useless in hard situation (in pve I mean)

    they also removed add dmg, spec buff , hast, and replaced by useless abla with imune (wtf imune on abla and not on the 200% dmg shield from shaman !?) and heal boost with no effect on pet xD

  16. #16
    NS TL & Top 3 Air Theurg CDFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Valdosta, GA
    Posts
    11,363
    Likes (Given)
    11079
    Likes (Received)
    2092
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    the ablative only has an immunity timer if it doesn't "eat" the magic damage, btw...

    if it actually gets used up, you can cast another one on the same target
    http://gimpchimp.etilader.com/s/CDFTW

    [Celticdualftw - R10LX - Nightshade TL]


    Solo Theurg Video

  17. #17
    Newbie Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    841
    Likes (Given)
    515
    Likes (Received)
    550
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CDFTW View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kujii View Post
    The Compatriot was changed last class patch. It no longer has a weak self shield. It also uses taunt styles on its target.
    Oh, cool.

    Can the ally still be set to taunt? If so, I'd still use it over the Compatriot, for the heals.

    Edit: Although, the heals can also be interrupted now. So they might be about the same, unless the compatriot just hits a LOT harder.
    Definitely use the Compatriot, it is an incredible tank. Use the damage shield and don't worry about the pet hitting the target, the damage shield will deal enough damage. You can pull a lot of mobs using the Compatriot this way, and with the bard bot and heal proc, the pet will stay near 100%. Just make sure the pet is buffed.

    Using those new tank pets, the damage shield, and the heal proc, you can pull countless yellow/orange/and light red mobs (on any of the realms). It really is a little daft.

  18. #18
    NS TL & Top 3 Air Theurg CDFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Valdosta, GA
    Posts
    11,363
    Likes (Given)
    11079
    Likes (Received)
    2092
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I know for sure the ally can do the same thing (tank-wise) against "low level" mobs (even after recent changes). Compatriot probably is slightly better now, but I would still use the ally in places like Galladoria (where bard may actually have to cast heals, potentially stealing aggro).
    http://gimpchimp.etilader.com/s/CDFTW

    [Celticdualftw - R10LX - Nightshade TL]


    Solo Theurg Video

  19. #19
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    17
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thank you all, very useful

  20. #20
    Sieging Advocate Sovereign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,282
    Likes (Given)
    201
    Likes (Received)
    1328
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CDFTW View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alnmike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CDFTW View Post
    chanter + bard is best

    use ally for best focus pull results
    Why is ally better than the tank? Should I be using something besides the warrior on my SM?

    Thanks
    Compatriot has a self AF buff (weaker than bard's). Also, the ally will heal... which is a big help if the chanter/bard gets aggro.

    I'm not familiar with alb/mid pets.
    As far as Alb goes, the Jade pet is the best for tanking damage. A matter cabby and cleric bot is the best pet farming duo for Alb because clerics not only get spec buffs but they get the reactive heal proc while the cabby as the focus damage shield, aoe dots, and now pbaoe damage.
    RR12 Stormlord Wizard
    RR12 Warlord Cleric
    RR12 Warlord Minstrel

  21. #21
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    141
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    All realms really need 3 or more characters to reach max potential focus pulling.
    Now that aggro generation seems to have changed, having a heal proc or HoT is a huge help.
    For alb, cabby, cleric buffs, and friar heal proc (25% chance to proc vs clerics 10%) and hot.
    Hib chanter, druid buffs, bard heal proc power and hp songs. Add mental for hot.
    Mid sm, shaman buffs/hot, healer proc and crack.

    Having misntrel/skald/(dunno hib, warden?) For ablative, or ani/necro/bd for more abs just makes focus pulling laughable.

  22. #22
    Sieging Advocate Sovereign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,282
    Likes (Given)
    201
    Likes (Received)
    1328
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alnmike View Post
    All realms really need 3 or more characters to reach max potential focus pulling.
    Now that aggro generation seems to have changed, having a heal proc or HoT is a huge help.
    For alb, cabby, cleric buffs, and friar heal proc (25% chance to proc vs clerics 10%) and hot.
    Hib chanter, druid buffs, bard heal proc power and hp songs. Add mental for hot.
    Mid sm, shaman buffs/hot, healer proc and crack.

    Having misntrel/skald/(dunno hib, warden?) For ablative, or ani/necro/bd for more abs just makes focus pulling laughable.
    Friar isn't needed on Alb. While I suppose in terms of reaching "max potential" it is probably accurate, by no means is it essential.
    RR12 Stormlord Wizard
    RR12 Warlord Cleric
    RR12 Warlord Minstrel

  23. #23
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    17
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    As a side topic may I ask where /how is an easy way to level this wonderful duo (mana chanter + bard buff bot) ?
    Should I run task dungeons ?
    I hear that BGs repeatable quests are good but as I will be alt-tabbing (so not able to really play the duo) I do not think it very safe.

    Agi.

  24. #24
    Sieging Advocate Sovereign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,282
    Likes (Given)
    201
    Likes (Received)
    1328
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aginorh View Post
    As a side topic may I ask where /how is an easy way to level this wonderful duo (mana chanter + bard buff bot) ?
    Should I run task dungeons ?
    I hear that BGs repeatable quests are good but as I will be alt-tabbing (so not able to really play the duo) I do not think it very safe.

    Agi.
    Either battlegrounds or mainland dungeons would be a fine choice. The battlegrounds are largely abandoned with the exceptions of Molvik, Cathal Valley, and to a lesser extent Leirvik. At the molvik level you can supplement the TOA glass quest series rather than the battleground.
    RR12 Stormlord Wizard
    RR12 Warlord Cleric
    RR12 Warlord Minstrel

  25. #25
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    17
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aginorh View Post
    As a side topic may I ask where /how is an easy way to level this wonderful duo (mana chanter + bard buff bot) ?
    Should I run task dungeons ?
    I hear that BGs repeatable quests are good but as I will be alt-tabbing (so not able to really play the duo) I do not think it very safe.

    Agi.
    Either battlegrounds or mainland dungeons would be a fine choice. The battlegrounds are largely abandoned with the exceptions of Molvik, Cathal Valley, and to a lesser extent Leirvik. At the molvik level you can supplement the TOA glass quest series rather than the battleground.
    Just to make sure, as I am just coming back when you say mainland dungeons , is this the tasks places ( go there kill this guy and repeat) or the old dungeons (like tomb of mithra etc) ? I did not try the "old dungeons" yet

  26. #26
    Sieging Advocate Sovereign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,282
    Likes (Given)
    201
    Likes (Received)
    1328
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aginorh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aginorh View Post
    As a side topic may I ask where /how is an easy way to level this wonderful duo (mana chanter + bard buff bot) ?
    Should I run task dungeons ?
    I hear that BGs repeatable quests are good but as I will be alt-tabbing (so not able to really play the duo) I do not think it very safe.

    Agi.
    Either battlegrounds or mainland dungeons would be a fine choice. The battlegrounds are largely abandoned with the exceptions of Molvik, Cathal Valley, and to a lesser extent Leirvik. At the molvik level you can supplement the TOA glass quest series rather than the battleground.
    Just to make sure, as I am just coming back when you say mainland dungeons , is this the tasks places ( go there kill this guy and repeat) or the old dungeons (like tomb of mithra etc) ? I did not try the "old dungeons" yet
    The old dungeons, they were revamped in terms of drops, xp, and mob difficulty.
    RR12 Stormlord Wizard
    RR12 Warlord Cleric
    RR12 Warlord Minstrel

  27. #27
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    17
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aginorh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aginorh View Post
    As a side topic may I ask where /how is an easy way to level this wonderful duo (mana chanter + bard buff bot) ?
    Should I run task dungeons ?
    I hear that BGs repeatable quests are good but as I will be alt-tabbing (so not able to really play the duo) I do not think it very safe.

    Agi.
    Either battlegrounds or mainland dungeons would be a fine choice. The battlegrounds are largely abandoned with the exceptions of Molvik, Cathal Valley, and to a lesser extent Leirvik. At the molvik level you can supplement the TOA glass quest series rather than the battleground.
    Just to make sure, as I am just coming back when you say mainland dungeons , is this the tasks places ( go there kill this guy and repeat) or the old dungeons (like tomb of mithra etc) ? I did not try the "old dungeons" yet
    The old dungeons, they were revamped in terms of drops, xp, and mob difficulty.
    Thank you again and noted. I will give it a try in Spraggon Den (currently lvl 26 and bot lvl 21 because I rolled it after the main toon).
    I hope it does not take too much time to "settle in" and find the right place to focus pull etc.
    I suppose at higher level it 's more worth it.
    As a side note, life is very easy indeed with bard bot and proc heal.
    The underhill companion barely loses health with 5-6 yellow and oj mobs.

    Otherwise I'm gonna try the TOA (glass) quests when I hit lvl 30, and maybe a BG or 2.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •