User Tag List

Thread: Ann Coulter is a provocateur now?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ann Coulter is a provocateur now?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/uc-...q0j?li=BBnbcA1

I have yet to see that term applied to any on the left but honestly it was only really applied to someone like that Milo Yanooooodle dude.

Pretty sad when a so-called elite public institution can't even tolerate someone who is able to argue articulately against their doctrine.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Left wing 'protesters' cannot be held responsible for their actions, therefore it is your obligation to not provoke them.

Hell even Miss 100 nazi scalps is being held up as a victim.
    Imagine if you were so corrupt that you used your grotesque power to become a presidential candidate and then your entire party crashed and burned because of how much of an evil, dishonest person you are.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Eudaimonia

I highly doubt now is the time when Ann Coulter earned her "provocateur" status. That said, it's absolutely boggling people can't deal with forums featuring opposing ideologues without resorting to threats of violence and disruption.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So when did she "earn" such status? It just seems like another pejorative label the left applies to anyone who doesn't fall in line with their dogma. But I'm sure it sounds good to those who want it to dismiss her because they can't intellectually argue the points she makes.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Al Franken - provocateur
    Jon Stewart - provocateur
    Michael Moore - provocateur

It just seems like an accurate description of someone who makes a living provoking their political opponents, be it with satire, commentary or whatever. But I'm sure it sounds like a pejorative to those who are licking their chops at the opportunity to play the victim card versus the media's portrayals.
    I block all signatures. Feel free to ignore mine.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Vyx View Post
    So when did she "earn" such status? It just seems like another pejorative label the left applies to anyone who doesn't fall in line with their dogma. But I'm sure it sounds good to those who want it to dismiss her because they can't intellectually argue the points she makes.
    I would start with her bibliography.

The article appears to have been updated and removed the relevant passage, but when I read it I didn't get the impression it was being used as a term of dismissal. I read it as a descriptor of her being a polemicist for the right. You can see similar phraseology for left-wing polemicists here and here.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hep View Post
    Al Franken - provocateur

It just seems like an accurate description of someone who makes a living provoking their political opponents, be it with satire, commentary or whatever. But I'm sure it sounds like a pejorative to those who are licking their chops at the opportunity to play the victim card versus the media's portrayals.
    You $#@!ing moron.

Al Franken. He's a $#@!ing Senator.
    Jon Stewart is a TV comedian.
    Michael Moore is a filmmaker.

Go $#@!ing kill yourself you stupid ****.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zall View Post
    I would start with her bibliography.

The article appears to have been updated and removed the relevant passage, but when I read it I didn't get the impression it was being used as a term of dismissal. I read it as a descriptor of her being a polemicist for the right. You can see similar phraseology for left-wing polemicists here and here.
    Ann Hart Coulter (/ˈkoʊltər/; born December 8, 1961) is an American conservative social and political commentator, writer, syndicated columnist, and lawyer. She frequently appears on television, radio, and as a speaker at public and private events.

She's got what? about 10 books out and goes on publicity tours to comment about what she writes about which is political. Most people would call that plugging their books. Sort of like actors go on the late show to plug their movies.

I have no idea who that David Sirota is. Maybe he deserves the label. I find it interesting that in labeling him it's an equivalence of the right.

But Michael Moore doesn't.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You $#@!ing moron.

I'm a video game player, business owner and developer, too, but you don't seem to have a hard time grasping those aren't mutually exclusive from "$#@!ing moron". It's too bad that's the extent of that concept being grasped.

In any case, my point wasn't making the subjective judgment as to whether or not Coulter is a provocateur. It was to show how stupid the idea is that it's some left-wing conspiracy to use it solely on right-wing ideologues for insult reasons, since you "have yet to see that term applied to any on the left", to quote you. Well, now you have. Enjoy.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep and next time I see someone remotely similar banned from public university discussion and media defending that by such labels I'll trust that there's a real 4th estate.

DAoC Knight
    Boxy Brown
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You $#@!ing moron.

Yeah dude, that's a perfectly measured and rational reaction to him pointing out that people on the left are assigned a label you said you had never seen assigned to anyone on the left. Let's ignore that and focus on the fraction of a sentence you bolded instead of the actual point of his post.

"Look, Pa! A libertarian is out of touch with reality, and when exposed attempts to deflect and refocus the discussion on something else while resorting to personal attacks as a meager attempt to defend his childish worldview!"
    "Well, take a picture, Junior, because that NEVER happens!"
    Boxy Brown

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is an excerpt from the publisher-created (and assumed Moore-endorsed) description of one of Moore's books:

Well, so much for the future. Michael Moore, the award-winning provocateur behind Roger & Me and the bestseller Downsize This!, now returns to size up the new century -- and that big, ugly special-interest group that's laying waste to the world as we know it: stupid white men. Whether he's calling for United Nations action to overthrow the Bush Family Junta, calling on African-Americans to place whites only signs over the entrances of unfriendly businesses, or praying that Jesse Helms will get kissed by a man, Stupid White Men is Mike's Manifesto on Malfeasance and Mediocrity.
    But that link is from the Library of Congress, what do they know?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Al Franken - provocateur

You $#@!ing moron.

Lol hep bringing in 13+ year old articles

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeMeow View Post
    Ah yes, that sub-13-year time expiration for deciding whether or not referring to a liberal as a provocateur exists. Bonus for skipping the first link and ignoring the third in order to make the claim. Imagine if I acted like your method was typical of the right.

ibijt

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No matter what labels are used, there is no excuse for denying someone the right to speak.

And this is what I don't get about the left. I hate the KKK, but I would defend their right to speak. I just wouldn't go to their rallies. The inability to understand everyone has a right to speak is undefendable. This is a new issue and is really quit alarming. I mean..even Westboro Church has the right to do what they do. But now someone with an opposing pov on government and immigration is now a threat, has to be vilified and silenced.

Unbelievably bad and truly scary

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah yes, that sub-13-year time expiration for deciding whether or not referring to a liberal as a provocateur exists. Bonus for skipping the first link and ignoring the third in order to make the claim. Imagine if I acted like your method was typical of the right.

ibijt
    Actually it was the only link I clicked which is why I said 13+ because I didn't look at or actually read anything. Just saw 2004, laughed, classic Hep devoting so much thought into a nonsense post offering no sort of logical reasoning. Anyways that's all... Ggwp

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Ann Hart Coulter (/ˈkoʊltər/; born December 8, 1961) is an American conservative social and political commentator, writer, syndicated columnist, and lawyer. She frequently appears on television, radio, and as a speaker at public and private events.

She's got what? about 10 books out and goes on publicity tours to comment about what she writes about which is political. Most people would call that plugging their books. Sort of like actors go on the late show to plug their movies.

I have no idea who that David Sirota is. Maybe he deserves the label. I find it interesting that in labeling him it's an equivalence of the right.

But Michael Moore doesn't.

I wouldn't consider 'polemicist' or 'provocateur' to be items listed among ones professional endeavors. They're descriptions of the subjects they discuss and the tone with which they discuss it in, e.g.

Quote Originally Posted by OED
    Polemicist: An author of polemics; a controversialist.
    Polemics: adj. Of the nature of, exhibiting, given to, or relating to dispute or controversy; contentious, disputatious, combative.
    Quote Originally Posted by OED
    Provocateur: A person who provokes a disturbance; an agitator; an agent provocateur
    It's ultimately a judgement call as to whether you think those descriptions apply to Coulter. I'm saying the above descriptors is how I read the original article's use of the term: not as a dismissive or defense of Berkley's action, but as a description of her being a contentious figure. The article before the update is cached here.
    Last edited by Zall; 04-20-2017 at 03:58 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...I didn't look at or actually read anything ...a nonsense post offering no sort of logical reasoning.
    Irony. And while "so much" thought is relative, my post didn't take much thought at all. If you thought it did, then I guess that's classic ByeByeMeow?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the article I linked seems to have changed their language to 'commentator' anyway. But glad that Hep and his bootlicks could be happy trolling so they don't have to defend the censorship promoted by a left wing institution like Berkeley.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Always trying to play the... vyxtim.

*Tadumtiss*

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the article I linked seems to have changed their language to 'commentator' anyway. But glad that Hep and his bootlicks could be happy trolling so they don't have to defend the censorship promoted by a left wing institution like Berkeley.
    Well that totally sounds like me and my bootlicks are the ones presenting the lousy argument in order to avoid defending the holes in our stance. Standard bootlicking fee, everyone?

DAoC Knight
    Boxy Brown
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a saying about babies and candy that I think applies to this situation.
    Boxy Brown

DAoC Knight
    Boxy Brown
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's ALMOST sad out how of touch with reality you are.

Almost.
    Boxy Brown

The Last of the Darktidehicans BallaTheFeared's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trump #1

#2terms

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't speak for the rest of us bootlicks, but I think the situation on campuses is $#@!ed. People should be able to voice themselves freely. Go to their speech and debate their ass into the ground on their own stage if you think you've got the chops, otherwise let the person just do their shtick and leave.

The fact that people like Milo, Coultier, and even Rubin can't speak without protest is $#@!ing insane. I also don't have a solution to it. These kids are just a hellish liberal manifestation of what they've seen others do - they're pissed and don't know of any way to coherently or successfully turn their fuel into something productive or sane for that matter.

You happy now? Done playing the cornered baby? Gonna come back and rant more about ye olde Libtards and yonder Bootelickes?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Budikah View Post
    I can't speak for the rest of us bootlicks, but I think the situation on campuses is $#@!ed. People should be able to voice themselves freely. Go to their speech and debate their ass into the ground on their own stage if you think you've got the chops, otherwise let the person just do their shtick and leave.
    Like every other typical left-leaning member on this board has stated in the past. I've even used the KKK analogy Kat used. But because it's difficult to justify construing any and everything the media does as victimizing the right, we're now manufacturing the straw man that libtards here have a pro-censorship stance on college campuses.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Other than being right from the start you people do realize that they changed it. Standard reporting. Lie. Then retract when nobody is looking and you douche bags get to cling to your beliefs about the purity of your holy scripture. You're worse than the $#@!ing evangelicals and fundamentalists. No wonder you support suicide bombers you are kindred spirits.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Budikah View Post

The fact that people like Milo, Coultier, and even Rubin can't speak without protest is $#@!ing insane. I also don't have a solution to it. These kids are just a hellish liberal manifestation of what they've seen others do - they're pissed and don't know of any way to coherently or successfully turn their fuel into something productive or sane for that matter.

You happy now? Done playing the cornered baby? Gonna come back and rant more about ye olde Libtards and yonder Bootelickes?
    At some point you either are with it or you are against it. The cowardice of so-called intellectuals has a vivid history.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zall View Post
    I highly doubt now is the time when Ann Coulter earned her "provocateur" status. That said, it's absolutely boggling people can't deal with forums featuring opposing ideologues without resorting to threats of violence and disruption.
    Plato said that Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty. I know we are not a democracy, but the major line of thought in the general public is that we are a democracy. I really think this quote is starting to sum up what we're seeing in this country right now.
    Vault Network Forum Manager - Rolled to IGN
    PC Admin - Retired
    DAoC Manager - Active
    Acery - Lancelot - Retired
    Acery - Pellinor - Retired
    P.O.O.P. - People Offended by Offended People

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Other than being right from the start you people do realize that they changed it. Standard reporting. Lie. Then retract when nobody is looking and you douche bags get to cling to your beliefs about the purity of your holy scripture.
    For example, they could start off acting like calling someone a "provocateur" is an insult the left uses exclusively on the right, and when it's pointed out how false that is in multiple aspects (isn't really an insult, isn't exclusive to right-wing ideologues), start shifting to an accusation that we support college censorship, or better yet, we support suicide bombers:

You're worse than the $#@!ing evangelicals and fundamentalists. No wonder you support suicide bombers you are kindred spirits.
    Yeah, you must get so frustrated from other people being intellectually dishonest.

DAoC Knight
    Boxy Brown
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Other than being right from the start you people do realize that they changed it. Standard reporting. Lie. Then retract when nobody is looking and you douche bags get to cling to your beliefs about the purity of your holy scripture.
    For example, they could start off acting like calling someone a "provocateur" is an insult the left uses exclusively on the right, and when it's pointed out how false that is in multiple aspects (isn't really an insult, isn't exclusive to right-wing ideologues), start shifting to an accusation that we support college censorship, or better yet, we support suicide bombers:

You're worse than the $#@!ing evangelicals and fundamentalists. No wonder you support suicide bombers you are kindred spirits.
    Yeah, you must get so frustrated from other people being intellectually dishonest.
    Being intellectually dishonest is a good thing, though. Don't forget that according to a poem he read one time, intellectuals caused the holocaust.
    Boxy Brown

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i could understand a school restricting someone who actually advocated real violence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedoba View Post
    You're a big, bad keyboard warrior. Keep hiding behind that keyboard..
    What did you say that you do for a living? Oh yeah, you didn't say..wonder why..
    We have Mardi Gras starting February 6th, why not come on down and join in the fun, Mr. Keyboard?
    Oh yeah, I'm sure you're too busy for that, right old boy?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine if you were so corrupt that you used your grotesque power to become a presidential candidate and then your entire party crashed and burned because of how much of an evil, dishonest person you are.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's that libtard bastion of a news source Fox News repeating the AP release of calling Coulter a provocateur.