Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Twitch Channel(s)
    View Channel: prodan1999

Default So 5 Days ago I was apparently Hacked

And I just noticed 30 minutes ago when my brothers asked if I was playing again....
    I said no but to my surprise I was online!! haha

To be fair, I had a really easy password, so however my game email was acquired, they didn't have to do much work to get around that "security" =P
    I'll probably file a case with Arena Net just for the principal of the matter (and also because I'm an idiot for letting this happen in the first place!)

This is my first time getting hacked in any game, and I'm happy I had no stake in the game lol.
    Don't get me wrong, I do like GW2!! But I just haven't played in a couple weeks.

WOOOOOOOO!!

My friend eating a ghost pepper, sweet

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    542 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Doucheboots Steam ID: Popsmoke

Simpsons did it

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Twitch Channel(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arcilite View Post
    Simpsons did it
    Indeed

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prodan View Post
    And I just noticed 30 minutes ago when my brothers asked if I was playing again....

To be fair, I had a really easy password, so however my game email was acquired, they didn't have to do much work to get around that "security" =P
    I'll probably file a case with Arena Net just for the principal of the matter (and also because I'm an idiot for letting this happen in the first place!)

This is my first time getting hacked in any game, and I'm happy I had no stake in the game lol.
    Don't get me wrong, I do like GW2!! But I just haven't played in a couple weeks.

WOOOOOOOO!!
    You do realize that if you were logged in (before hitting "play" on the launcher), or sitting at the character select screen, the game still shows you as being "on", even though you aren't in the game. You have to be completely out of the game, including the launcher, to NOT show as being online.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Twitch Channel(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tazman View Post

WOOOOOOOO!!
    You do realize that if you were logged in (before hitting "play" on the launcher), or sitting at the character select screen, the game still shows you as being "on", even though you aren't in the game. You have to be completely out of the game, including the launcher, to NOT show as being online.
    Lol Of course.

This is simply a case of a poor password/vulnerable email. A couple friends were trying to message the character/etc. The character was changing zones, and to solidify the claim the email isn't even registered with a GW2 account anymore haha.

I submitted a claim with Arena Net last night though.
    The only thing I'm really thinking about is....I wonder if I'm level 80 now lol ^_^

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    542 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Doucheboots Steam ID: Popsmoke

My cousin's WoW acct was hacked back in 2008-09.

When he got it back, he found that it was being used as a mule and transfer account. Every bank tab was filled with top-tier crafting mats and he had somewhere in the range of 80k gold.

He reported it and the GM told him to keep the stuff, since all but his main character got deleted. Fair compensation imo

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol Of course.

This is simply a case of a poor password/vulnerable email. A couple friends were trying to message the character/etc. The character was changing zones, and to solidify the claim the email isn't even registered with a GW2 account anymore haha.

I submitted a claim with Arena Net last night though.
    The only thing I'm really thinking about is....I wonder if I'm level 80 now lol ^_^
    Ah... ok.

One of the things not to do is use your same e-mail account on GW2 sites like the skill builder / calculators. Use a disposable e-mail address, or use the calculator and take a screenshot, instead of registering and saving it.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    397 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOOOOOOOO!!
    Rekt
    The PC/DT community is like a toxic plague. Anything it touches withers away and dies. "Exploit early, exploit often," is the battle cry of PC/DT, laced with UD taint, and inspired by the mob mentality. You can hear the final cries of, "game is dead LOL," in the waning hours of once-proud servers as they meet their demise to the PC/DT toxic plague.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah just submit a ticket and they can investigate.