Thread: lunastralis questions

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default lunastralis questions

I have several questions atm, I‘ve read about the old threads in vn boards backed up before that forum went down. It would be great if it’s available as an html\text file, so I wouldn’t bother people with more questions about the mod.

I‘d like to get any answers with minimum spoilers if possible, thx in advance!

1) I got into the rapax camp, tried to kill Rapax king & he drops only a key for a queen’s cell. Since in lunastralis I can’t get into the rapax castle to join templars, how can I get a key to make free umpani & trang prisoners? As far as I remember from vanilla version that key is given by the king for the “inquisition mission”

2)Reached the room with the astral dominae, where it ‘s blocked with some rays, & there is a manifestad in the corner ( near that door which looks like a door @ the rapax rift with a slot for a beckoning stone) , it becomes hostile after the conversation, I have a lips icon, & can only talk to it but the battle hasn’t started despite it’s painted red on the map. Is that a bug?
    There is a door which asks a password & I have no clues about that name which will let me in, also I opened a chamber with a woman who told me about a star gem as an ingredient for that thing needed to open the door. But I have no ideas about other ingredients, since I‘ve explored that dungeon completely, pressed all the runes & stuck there as I said, with no clues & ideas what to try else.
    Last edited by MightyBro; 10-10-2012 at 06:53 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1)
    as far as i remember, the key you refer to is called
    Spoiler!

Sorry, no ideas to your 2nd question, and due to hardware problems no time to take a "quick look"

Creator of Reforged Mod 1.1 Qusari's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyBro View Post
    I have several questions atm, I‘ve read about the old threads in vn boards backed up before that forum went down. It would be great if it’s available as an html\text file, so I wouldn’t bother people with more questions about the mod.

I‘d like to get any answers with minimum spoilers if possible, thx in advance!

1) I got into the rapax camp, tried to kill Rapax king & he drops only a key for a queen’s cell. Since in lunastralis I can’t get into the rapax castle to join templars, how can I get a key to make free umpani & trang prisoners? As far as I remember from vanilla version that key is given by the king for the “inquisition mission”

2)Reached the room with the astral dominae, where it ‘s blocked with some rays, & there is a manifestad in the corner ( near that door which looks like a door @ the rapax rift with a slot for a beckoning stone) , it becomes hostile after the conversation, I have a lips icon, & can only talk to it but the battle hasn’t started despite it’s painted red on the map. Is that a bug?
    There is a door which asks a password & I have no clues about that name which will let me in, also I opened a chamber with a woman who told me about a star gem as an ingredient for that thing needed to open the door. But I have no ideas about other ingredients, since I‘ve explored that dungeon completely, pressed all the runes & stuck there as I said, with no clues & ideas what to try else.
    Hi

The manifestad thing is a bug, but this is not severe since the manifestads give only advice on the story.

The password to the door ..... I cant remember it right now, and since I dont have lunastralis installed at this computer cant look it up right now either, but I remember having put the password into one of the alchemical books ( the books which boosts alchemy skill) maybe you can figure it out by reading the found books ? It could be that the passoword is something like "hermaphrodite" but I am not sure about this one.

For the final door in this dungeon you need something to put into the lock which you have to create by alchemy skill (hence the boost books) one of the ingredients you will find behind the password door.

- The star gem is tricky to find, in the area below (the area after the fake treasury room) you will find a lift. You have to go to the area below the lift.... = save ! if you miss the chance to grab the star gem at the first time. You have to reload the save game.

This "puzzle" is from a game designing point of view rather bad ...

Also the thing to create for the final door has several steps (merge combine alchemy skill) just try to use the items you have found within the temple.

If you cant proceed with the hints above dont hesitate to rewrite here again, when I have time I can install Lunastralis and look up the answers with the cosmic forge (hint ! hint ! )

It is now a long time that I created this mod and nowadays I would do things differently, the area in the temple is probably quite hard to solve...
    Find all Wiz 8 mods exclusively on this site:
    http://www.zimlab.com/wizardry/wiz8mods.htm

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qusari View Post

If you cant proceed with the hints above dont hesitate to rewrite here again, when I have time I can install Lunastralis and look up the answers with the cosmic forge (hint ! hint ! )

It is now a long time that I created this mod and nowadays I would do things differently, the area in the temple is probably quite hard to solve...
    that would be too kind of u to reinstall the mod just to help people with the tips
    pretty much time consuming as well

Just finished the mod, thanks for the huge amount of work & all the efforts.
    After few mods in the row ,when u do the same quests on the same locations over & over again, one can get really bored. Good thing that after a break I started lunastralis which kept me ( & many other players, I bet) interested from the start till the end.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh you are fast

In case you have not yet played the reforged mod I could recommend to try this one.

Lunastralis is more or less the predecessor of Reforged. But Reforged is quite bigger and has a lot (really alot) more of new content.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In case you have not yet played the reforged mod I could recommend to try this one.

Lunastralis is more or less the predecessor of Reforged. But Reforged is quite bigger and has a lot (really alot) more of new content.
    I’ve read the feedback @ the Russian forum & decided to save reforged for last (since I heard you’ve spent ~ 2 years to make the mod.& it should be awesome as people who tried it say )
    Meanwhile I am going to try a couple of other mods.

p.s.
    I planned to make a fresh install for a next mod & am a bit confused atm cuz I switched a couple of times between Russian & English versions of wiz8 and back,
    (there are 3 patches for Russian localization , 1 01 , 1 24 & 1 26 unofficial)

& if I am not wrong - there are just 2 patches for the English version (?)

. Snafaru‘s page has 1.24 no cd patch &
    Wiz #8 Latest Patch: wiz8patch2001_12_23_release.zip

Speaking of the English version -Should i install them in the following order: the game – patch 1.24 – latest patch2001_12_23 –then , the mod ?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

p.s.
    I planned to make a fresh install for a next mod & am a bit confused atm cuz I switched a couple of times between Russian & English versions of wiz8 and back,
    (there are 3 patches for Russian localization , 1 01 , 1 24 & 1 26 unofficial)

& if I am not wrong - there are just 2 patches for the English version (?)

. Snafaru‘s page has 1.24 no cd patch &
    Wiz #8 Latest Patch: wiz8patch2001_12_23_release.zip

Speaking of the English version -Should i install them in the following order: the game – patch 1.24 – latest patch2001_12_23 –then , the mod ?
    Yes that will work. I think the order doesnt really matter,
    as long as you dont try to "install" the patch before the game itself
    this would overwrite the newer files with their elder versions when you install the game after the patch

"1.24 no cd patch" refers to the executeable which does not require the CD, aka wiz8v124_nocd.exe
    Of course you can also use wiz8_v126eng.exe from russian community,
    or the version which keeps the (advertisement free)exit picture from http://cosmicforge.freeforums.org/post90.html#p90

"Wiz #8 Latest Patch: wiz8patch2001_12_23_release.zip"
    refers to the official patch to the final offical version 1.24,
    which has an animation fixed, and strigdata.dat plus several .dll libraries updated.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, people. Please help me with Lunastralis:
    -where can I get Marten's badge?
    -what is needed to open the door in the crashed ship in Lower Monastery?
    -where is a chipboard?
    -how to do bungee jumping?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jakot View Post
    Hi, people. Please help me with Lunastralis:
    -where can I get Marten's badge?
    -what is needed to open the door in the crashed ship in Lower Monastery?
    -where is a chipboard?
    -how to do bungee jumping?
    Hiho

- Martens badge should be found on a monster (dweller like) outside of the temple. The monster should be found in the small cave where the hogar is (on the original map) Let us know if yoiu can find it. Very rarely it has been reported that the monster (NPC green dot ) went missing or did not drop the badge.

- the bungee jumping is a fun thing and you can gain some exp when going back to the nPc there. It is not possible to really jump down with the rope. But you can jump down there normaly, and survive because the mountain has nice slope which stops you from hiting the groun head along. All in all the bungee jumping has also some script issues. AT the end you can ignore it totally.

- You need an override plugin. At Arnika airport there is a trader who sells those.

- Chipboard .... hmmmm ... dont really remember it. I am not sure if it is maybe at lower martens bluff, in one of the little rooms, near the room where you can found the prototype weapon ( puzzle with the numeric combination) I also remember something can be found inside the ship you need the override pluging .... maybe MIghtyBro can you give a typ ?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-I was in that cave. I think I killed a monster there, but I'm sure he didn't drop the badge and he wasn't friendly, but hostile.
    -so I jumped, but there was no exp, the snake said nothing.
    maybe I should install the patch, cause I haven't done this yet?
    (I found chipboard!)
    (thanks for quick reply!)
    Last edited by jakot; 10-18-2012 at 12:26 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very rarely it has been reported that the monster (NPC green dot ) went missing or did not drop the badge.
    so could you tell me what to do in that case? because it happened to me.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep, jakot, the board can be demounted in the ship after using override to enter it

prolly use cosmic forge to add the badge to your items pool if u encountered such a bug?

Oh you are fast

so the version 1.1 is the latest one & i can take all the essential files for the mod here, right ?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jakot View Post
    Very rarely it has been reported that the monster (NPC green dot ) went missing or did not drop the badge.
    so could you tell me what to do in that case? because it happened to me.

The item has to be edited into the map with the Cosmic Forge (editor)

Unfortunately it is not possible to just to place an item into the map (because at entering the map first time all item instances are saved into the savegame.

To find an item with a savegame which was saved on locations; items have to be edited into NPC s inventory or into an unopend chest or
    something like a new chest has to be placed into the location.

This procedures needs a little bit more fiddling around with the Cosmic Forge

- what you could do for instance is:
    -load the location within Cosmic Forge
    -place a dynamic object like a chest near the door in the temple (you can take the chest upper part of chest/lid from the location itself)
    - if you click on the chest you will find a loottable; = Special contains loot = select there from the dropdown menue Martens Locker ID 10
    save

Now you have placed a chest with the Badge on location
    The chest should now be visible and you should be able to click on it and get the badge.
    Since ID 10 is at the top of the loot table list, this should be quit easy to do

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep, jakot, the board can be demounted in the ship after using override to enter it

prolly use cosmic forge to add the badge to your items pool if u encountered such a bug?

Oh you are fast

so the version 1.1 is the latest one & i can take all the essential files for the mod here, right ?
    Yes all is there

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've managed to use cosmic forge and get the badge. thanks for help!
    Last edited by jakot; 10-31-2012 at 07:49 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey everyone! I wonder if anybody plays Lunastralis nowadays.. I do, and i got stuck. I'm in the room, where the Astral Dominae can be found. So, to open the door, i started to combine those things that i found in the castle. But i only get a "lapis lazuli", and with it i can't combine anything else.. Soo, what sould i do?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought that I cannot help... but there is, you know, a Lunastaralis mod walkthrough here, fourth thread from the top!
    Not Aelfinn or Eelfinn, but Realfinn