Thread: White Wolfs MOD

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default White Wolfs MOD

Before i knock out the Savant, i would like to know what I have forgotten or not discovered.

I´ve so many keys for Khyz Muril, but both entrances are sealed. There is no lock to open.
    Also at Nyrgithia.

Dwarv King gave me Muspell Key, useless ?

Ryhanthia, the graveyard, the last building, haven´t found a key to open.

No Response from Leader Mythras.

By the way very good MOD.

Sorry for my english.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is White Wolf's mod finished? I thought from the thread on the old board that it was still in beta testing, but I could be mistaken.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone!

Anyone who was present on the older thread on VN boards could recognise me - I am the one who created the mod, with the invaluable assistance of the Cosmic Forge Editor, naturally. I have to apologise for my long absence, I forgot about Wizardry 8 for a while, but I am back now (or, I wanted to return to VN boards and I was surprised when it was unavailable).

So, to keep to the topic and answer questions.
    Herry Hardfoot, it's definitely not finished and even more definitely not beta anymore. It is more or less free of bugs now, though I can never guarantee perfection. And it is not finished as I keep perfecting it here and there everytime; I still believe that it will never reach a final state, as I'll always find something to improve, that's my nature. Still, feel free to try it, the changes usually aren't very drastic.

Tricaro666, the key that the Dwarven King gave you should be able to grant entrance to Khyz Muril. I double-check them all the time. True, there are plenty of keys there, it is easy to become confused. It is also possible that you are playing an older version, or it's an independent bug.

Khyz Muril gives an RPC (as I remember), new quests and items, and Nyrgithia is an area for elite players, to get extremely powerful weapons and a lot of wealth. None of them is necessary for completing the game nor are they part of the main plot, yet if you are curious, you might want to check them out.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would ask for some help if anyone can provide me some.
    I've been looking for human archer animations (I would make some, but there aren't shooting animations in the game itself, so giving them a bow would be rather pointless). For free, of course (sorry to say so, but I really can't spend money on this, especially that animations look rather expensive). It is not vital but would be a nice addition. So if anyone knows one, I'd ask for a redirection. And nothing else.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

U asking for a pre-made animation sequence for a human figure shooting a bow?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, not really asking, as that would be a lot of work. There are some 3D models on Psionic3D's site, for example. I meant something like that.
    But only in the case that someone incidentally knows one. I would not ask anyone to create one specifically for me. That would be selfish.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where can i download white wolfs mod

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go the the stickied thread above titled, "Downloads and Links"

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure, but I think it's best to present the link here, too.
    You can find it here:
    http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/t...s/_online.html

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Frostguard View Post
    I'm not sure, but I think it's best to present the link here, too. ...
    how about a sig like:
    wt*?

sorry, afaik the code tags should keep it from being transformed, so add the outer squared brackets to
    Code:
    url=http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/tTBrrLvs/_online.html]White Wolfs Wizardry 8 mod[/url

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frostguard, could you upload the files on Snafaru's page, too?
    Not Aelfinn or Eelfinn, but Realfinn

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could e-mail to Snafaru, but I think I'll finish this version first. May take some time, but not too much. But as it changes constantly, I think Snafaru wouldn't be too happy with the unending harassment from me.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could e-mail to Snafaru, but I think I'll finish this version first.
    Looking forward to that Frost! I've given both of your mod versions a try (around 1 year between the 2 versions?) - the first one had a lot of incomplete stuff, but the second was really good fun. Lost my way a bit towards the end and didn't finish it for some reason, but would be very happy to help you test the next version.

I remember that teleporters were a problem in the first version - in the second version, I think I explored most of the new areas.. killed the ogres and did some of the dwarf quests. Can't remember how I got to the maze, but explored it (or perhaps went round in circles!) for at least a day and never got to the final battle - just got a bit bored in the end.

I was never sure whether I'd missed something as I found many 'portals' in Nyrgithia, but most seemed to be inactive.

Anyway, hope you keep on going because you've made a great mod and I'm waiting to play your next version!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you! It's really good to hear that.

At the moment I'm studying for my finals at the university and I only improve the mod when I need some rest (it's sort of a recuperative activity for me), so the progress might be slower than expected - but I'm still resting a lot. There won't be too much new in this version, but some bug fixes, new skins and similar minor enhancements are likely.

Anyway, even I can't navigate in the maze properly, so I skipped it for my test play. I'm terrible at finding my way so I needed to leave with a portal. Anyways, I don't remember about the portals of Nyrgithia, there isn't too much to miss out on - that place is pretty straightforward. Just go, slay everything, and in the end, slay the two boss monsters (that should be somewhat familiar), then take the loot and leave. It's supposed to be tough, but only a few fights can mean a challenge for my party (it's not about bragging, as my party is rather uncreative, so I really can't take any credit for it, but freaking effective - I think I've introduced it to everyone already).

As far as I remember, there will be many new Dwarven quests. That's simply because Dwarves are my absolute favourites when it comes to fantasy (I don't like when they have rifles instead of axes, but still). But anyone could guess about this who has seen those Dwarves fighting.

Anyway, I know it gets a bit boring at the end - the fights are getting rather monotonic and long. I'm trying to counter that.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

excellent mod frostguard just one tiny moan the cult of wanir keeper moves too far from his position when there i a fight and i dont have time to reach the door before it closes

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by digger19 View Post
    excellent mod frostguard just one tiny moan the cult of wanir keeper moves too far from his position when there i a fight and i dont have time to reach the door before it closes
    I had similar issues with Watcher Natzan, think also other players wrote about him,
    perhaps it would make sense to apply a script like "guard" or "guarddeaf"

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the remainders! I'll fix it as soon as I can.
    Anyway, I think that the building should have a door-opener lever in the inside, so don't worry about that.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Frosty i are playing your mod and really liking it, but i need help where do i get brotherhood robes for the cult quest?.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you.

SPOILER
    You have to go back to the monastery headmaster, simply ask him about robes. Alternatively, you might kill Brotherhood members, but I do not believe that anyone would choose that way.
    END OF SPOILER

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, for some reason my message was duplicated and I found no way to delete this one.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry for my delay, I'm doing some fine-tuning and setting some adjustments. Besides, I simply can't get one of the teleporters work. Not even the usual trick (making them a dynamic object redirecting to the trigger) works. I'm trying some with these, but if I don't succeed, I'll have to use a newer workaround which would be very idiotic, maybe I can weave some lore about it, though.

Though it's supposed to be a newer version, the amount of new material will not be too high. I've had quite a lot of plans, but I'm running out of available monster slots, location slots, spell slots (spells useable by players) and I have the feeling that the mod already contains enough weapons, armour and other items. I can improve where I can, though.

Any feedback is welcome, and will always be.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frost...

Started a new game yesterday with the last version of your mod (released around Feb '12) and will try to give updates on any problems.

Actually started a few days ago with v1.1 of your mod, but realised I was playing an old version when I got to the Dwarven Castle. Think it was released around July '11.

Party is:

Felpurr Rogue
    Mook Monk
    Human Ranger
    Gnome Bard
    Hobbit Gadgie
    Elf Alchemist

Picked up Wenthon (Lord) at the Monastery and will add Klanune (Sam) when I can get to the MW area. Am at Crock's after going to Arnika and Trynton (for the +5 Int) - some good battles and no problems with the mod so far. Heading for the T'rang transporter ready for my Alc getting portal spells.

One thought is - too many 'average' weapons available in Arnika at the same time. I find that many weapons don't get bought/used as there are other slightly better ones for sale. You could probably delete quite a few from the mod with no impact on gameplay.

Enjoying things so far!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forgot to add - really missing Missile Shield at the moment... will have to get Klanune ASAP!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you, Wavydave. It's good to hear that someone tries this one, too. I wasn't even aware of the fact that the last release was so old...

Your party looks powerful, but I've never tried one without a Mage or Bishop (lately I started using the latter instead of Mage), so I can't comment on how painful its lack is. You will definitely like many of the items you get around the endgame.

Thanks for the feedback, true, there are too many average, 'non-magical' weapons. The reason is that I wanted to include every single one I knew at that time (since then I know even more and I am aware that this cannot happen), and it was left that way. Probably I'll have a revamp.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

frost. started a new game. I am in the monastary and i seem to have run into a bug when talking to monastary jail guard he keeps repeating"dont come back unless you want something(or something like that!) and i have click on attack and then quit game to get out of it, (the same with burz).

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have experienced a similar bug once (in ten years of playing Wizardry 8), but in the original, unmodified game. It seems that the NPCs say their goodbyes but the game doesn't end the conversation. I haven't found a solution to it in my case (it went away the next time when I played the game). If it keeps occurring, I don't know what to do, honestly.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After further checking it only does it when i start the game with the w8 launch bat. when I start the game with nocd burz and others act normally.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. So far I haven't had the problem, but now when I started a game and tried a whole different NPC, the same occurs that happened to you. Do you have the latest version of Cosmic Forge on your computer? If you do, I do believe that it might be an issue with the injection, though I might be wrong.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes it is the latest version of cosmic forge.On a different subject when i downloaded your mod the were three other downloads (arnika, little metal bit & higardi swordsman could you help a dimwit & tell me where they go thanks.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Higardi Swordsman goes to Data\Monsters, the pieces in the folder named Arnika go to Levels\Arnika, and I'm not sure about the metal bit, unfortunately. Documentation is my weakness. Try to place it to bitmaps... I think it goes to some of the new locations' 'bitmaps' folder.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

littlemetalbit goes to Levels\Arnika\bitmaps

just started an expert difficulty playthrough for this mod a couple of days ago... and not sure if thats due to difficulty or not but my level 7-8 party has to face 3 packs of level 15 men in arnika >_<

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...iz800000-2.jpg

Seems impossible after a try, ill have to rest it out/sneak out of arnika i think.

Btw i Think recruitable rogue from guild of thieves is a bit too strong(stat-wise), and his equipment can net you over 50k too. Planned to include him in my original restart for an 8-man expert-fun but he just hogs all the kills from my guys

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, the game sometimes tends to generate opponents like that. Maybe it's also due to the difficulty.
    I'd add, for the record, though, that they're not level 15. Their real level is either 9 or 12; you should try fighting them at least from where you are standing on the picture, where only two or three of them can hit you at the same time. The mistake is there because when I filled in these opponents' levels, I knew nothing about it and did some things differently; since then, I haven't paid attention to correct them.

About the Rogue from the Guild... True, true, I had a look at him. Originally, he was intended to be available a bit later. Then, after I finished the entire guild and everything about it, I made the password available earlier. My fault. Thank you for telling me about it.

By the way, your party seems to rock, though I'd add a Bishop instead of the Alchemist.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by digger19 View Post
    frost. started a new game. I am in the monastary and i seem to have run into a bug when talking to monastary jail guard he keeps repeating"dont come back unless you want something(or something like that!) and i have click on attack and then quit game to get out of it, (the same with burz).
    I could reproduce weird behaviour already with Thywann, only >Recruit< could interupt what appeared to be a loop,
    and i could not dismiss him afterwards(dismiss quote instantly followed by join quote)
    @digger18: Which version of CF do you use, 3.91 or the actual 4.00 ?
    In case, i have reasonable suspicion that the issue may be connected to the injector respectively the dll,
    but a quick check in the (as far as i know) most actaul version of WW mod
    it appears to work with CF 3.80 files, so as always just in case:CF_3_80__injection_files.zip

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It might be a problem with injection.
    I will need to take a look and do some tests.

Does anyone have 3.90 and 3.91 to try and see if it works?

Also if you create CFаgent.lua near CFаgent.dll (if it is not created) and make sure that it has the following code (see below) then
    you will have a comprehensive log of which commands have been executed. This could be helpful.
    After performing the test with Burz just quit the game and look for CFаgent.log file.

Code:
    function onNPCScriptCommandExecuted(cmdType, NPCID, scriptBlock, commandIndex, scriptBlockPrev, scriptFlag1, scriptFlag2)

cfa.util.logMessage("#onNPCScriptCommandExecuted NPC:'%s' (%i), command %i in block %i of type '%s'. Prev block %i, flags: %i / %i \n",
    		cfa.w8.npcGetName(NPCID), NPCID, commandIndex, scriptBlock, cmdType, scriptBlockPrev, scriptFlag1, scriptFlag2)

-- Return cfa.result.ok by default which means that everything is executed normally.
    	-- Returning any other number (>=0) will treat this command as 'Unconditional Jump' jumpting to the Script Block indicated by the returned number.
    	return cfa.result.ok

end
    Edit: Almost forgot that for the lua thingy to work you will need to install lua for windows (see the W8Tutirials.rtf).
    Last edited by mad god; 06-11-2012 at 05:01 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frost,

I've almost finished my game, but there's a couple of loose ends. I haven't managed to open the gate in Rhyanthia graveyard - looking in the editor, it seems to need the Mausoleum key which is given somewhere in Khyz Muril but can't work out where. The Mage Guild Leader told me to come back later after giving the Orb, but even after camping he has nothing more to say.

Have had a great game and will give a full report when I've finished.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wavydave View Post
    I think Frost must be busy elsewhere...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, sorry for my delay. For some reason, I didn't notice the previous posts. So, only to the unsolved issues. There are spoilers ahead, though.

The Mausoleum Key is a bit tricky to find. Kill the two main bosses on Ascenscion Peak, both of them will drop a key each. Merge them, and use them on the tiny keyhole somewhere inside the castle of Khyz Muril - it's a bit hard to find at first, look for it on the walls, though you need to do some quests for the Dwarven King for first to get access to that area (on the way down to Khyz Muril Basement).

Once you did that, a door in the area should open. That's the door that, in the original Marten's Bluff, leads to the Stone Idol. The Key is located there, in a chest. In the other room, there's a teleporter to Nyrgithia, which is not working.

As for the MAge Guild Leader, this 'later' doesn't mean a certain amount of time. Some facts need to become true or false, and that will trigger something that you'd like. These facts are: You need to kill defeat Thegras in his 'house' on the Northern Wastes and give his staff to the Thieves Guild Leader; and you need to kill Wanir, and report that to Khazzar in the monastery (probably by showing him the sword he drops; you need to kill him 'only' on the Ascenscion Peak, though).

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Frost - thanks for the reply.

Wanir and the Suzerain didn't drop keys when killed. I've had a look in CF and they don't have them as loot, so edited them into Anna's inventory instead. Took a while to find the keyhole even with a hint - would never have noticed it otherwise. Killed the undead in the Mausoleum and got a note - I also read the plaque, but wasn't sure whether it was a clue to something.

Still can't get the Mage Guild Leader to say anything new - have done all of the things you suggested.

Not sure if I've been to Nyrgithia - is the non-working teleporter the only way?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the feedback, it appears that I was forgetful enough not to assign the keys as drops to the bosses. Old mistake.

The plaque is a clue to the plot, though the fact that it can lead you to is rather one of the trivia; if you don't know it already.

There's a gate to Nyrgithia from the Witharin-Mountains, but it can only be opened from the inside, so yes. The teleporter is the only way.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, I promised feedback so here it is...

First of all - what a great mod! So much to do, so much XP, so many tough enemies! Loved that huge battle just outside Arnika with all the Dwarves helping out. My party of 8 were level 34-36 when I ascended - I don't think I've reached a higher level in any mod before. Worth having a party of 7 maximum though as many people need rescuing.

Class improvements:

Stealth is great for Rangers and Bards.
    May be worth removing Scouting from some of the classes - I can believe a Rogue would scout around for items and perhaps an Alchemist looking for ingredients, but not really Gadgies and Bards.

Items & Treasure:

The new Gadgie and Bard items are brilliant - especially the Gjallarhorn. Both characters do huge damage with their new toys!
    Can you change the potion colours for Light/Moderate/Heavy Heal so they are Light/Medium/Dark blue?
    Shogun's Hosen/Kabuto/Kurakote all have item description 'Upper Toseido (Unidentified)' if unknown.
    Staff of the Lich King has attack mode 'Shoot' - seems to work fine though.
    Mercenary keys are duplicated (Leader's loot and one of the chests).
    Wanir's and Suzerain's keys need adding to their loot.
    As I mentioned before, there are too many weapons available at the same time, so most never get used. Some could be removed and perhaps others could be sold by Sadok - I never seem to go back to him, so maybe his inventory could be improved.
    There's too much treasure available - useful at first but after a while, I ended up leaving it in the chests. May be worth reducing the number of chests.

NPC's & monsters:

Yentas has missing quote #90 when spoken to for the first time.
    Leader Mythras doesn't respond when talked to - monster not linked to NPC Mythras?
    Reinwast not really usable as recruit because when dismissed he ends up in the house where Chosens spawn - they kill him easily!
    Should Warlord Tharor give a reward? When mentioned, he just says "Here".
    What are the Nolwartian guys doing in the Northern Wastes cave - they can't be talked to?
    There's a Dwarf in the Throne Room doorway in Khyz Amul - quite difficult to squeeze past.
    Cynthal can be hard to keep alive when fighting Tarum & friends - I had to lure them away before being successful. Can he be changed so that they don't attack him?

The Dracon King doesn't seem to use combat - he just cast spells, so was easy to kill.
    Can you speed up the missile animation for the Dracons on AP - combat takes too long as each fires around 5 missiles several times each round?
    Many great new monsters - it seems a shame that some are only encountered once e.g. Naiads in Sea Caves. Could a very large monster generator be created that can be used in several areas so that you never know what you might meet next?

Other stuff:

Kept on getting stuck on Khyz Muril roof - doesn't seem to be anything up there anyway.
    Entry point to Mercenary Camp from NW is inside rock - so is the exit.
    May be worth putting a locked gate on the NW entry to the camp so players don't enter too early - the mercenaries are very nasty!
    I assume that Withnarin Mountains and Nyrgithia are still to be modded - no access to them in this version.
    There seems to be too much dialogue sometimes - just found myself clicking through and not really reading it.
    The ending seems to be a little chaotic at the moment - many things happen right near the end and perhaps some quests could be separated out so they can be completed earlier.
    May be better to move Wanir and the Suzerain - the first time I played the mod, I thought I'd finished the mod once I'd killed them and ascended. Perhaps they could be separated as well - and guarded by some nasty critters (e.g. Dracon Overlords)? Maybe a gate could be put across the path to the Cosmic Circle and could only be opened with a key gained from completing another part of the story (e.g. from Khazzar when you show him Wanir's Warblade).
    Didn't bother with the Tainted Dungeon this time - I couldn't find my way through to the end battle last time (if there is one).

I'll definitely be playing your next version when it's ready - I had a lot of fun, so many thanks for creating this mod!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

There's too much treasure available
    +1
    Cynthal can be hard to keep alive when fighting Tarum & friends - I had to lure them away before being successful. Can he be changed so that they don't attack him?
    for me one of the most interesting encounters of the mod.
    As far as i can see its intended and well designed, if so pls keep as is, Cynthal is not required to proceed,
    and the high HP provide a fair chance to keep him alive and have an additional trader as spcl reward.
    The lure away works well, but i also was succesful to close up fast out of cover/surprise,
    they instantly concentrated their attacks on party members.

The Dracon King doesn't seem to use combat - he just cast spells, so was easy to kill.
    Weird, according to CF his ranged combat att value is 200,
    while spell power of 110 appears somewhat low for a dracon king.

Can you speed up the missile animation for the Dracons on AP - combat takes too long as each fires around 5 missiles several times each round?
    +[n+1]
    IMs may get lost with ascension in view, RPCs be eaten by the bug, Ferro be killed during fight with Rapax,
    but nothing is as terrific than uncountable ultra slow missiles invoking the lullaby effect :D
    Probably the dracs with "energy ball" missile, flies at 30, I would accelerate all missiles to value above 100,
    except some spectacular ones only used by bosses or in spcl occasions.
    Most people have played Wiz8 so often that the standard missiles are even recognized if literally too fast,
    e.g. by accompaigning sounds or a weapon specific recoil

Many great new monsters - it seems a shame that some are only encountered once e.g. Naiads in Sea Caves. Could a very large monster generator be created that can be used in several areas so that you never know what you might meet next?
    yessss, the NPC script command "unconditional jump to random block" combined with LUA scripting
    even allows to switch a single random mongen from a choice of several different ones on/off.
    With appropriate jumps at non linear probabilities.
    Since quite some time i am eagerly expecting Frostguard to produce the first scripts, so i can use them as template. :D

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So much to read!

I don't think that Bards had scouting, and giving it the others is not something I can take credit for, it was a suggestion from another player who thought it'd give more possibilities in designing parties. Stealth was my own genuine idea.

Thanks for the feedback, by the way. I thought the Bard and Gadgeteer needed this boost, as they don't benefit from Power Cast, so I gave them spells that are less affected by resistance.

I can get around the colours of the potions. Your idea is great, though it's a bit irritating work. Probably I'll still do it, though, if I decide to get around it.
    I have no idea what causes the problem with the Shogun's armour, I don't know how to edit unidentified names, though.
    I know, Staff of the Lich King (and many other staffs) were designed to shoot magical bolts at first, and they needed no ammunition - but I saw how overpowered it was, so I changed it. Probably the string was accidentally left that way.

I know about the treasure, though I'll rather reduce the amount of items dropped. I just like the sight of the many chests. Maybe it's just me.

Thanks about Yentas, I didn't find out. I'm not a very thorough tester myself.
    Also, I found out about Leader Mythras, I simply forgot to link him to the NPC (embarrassing, I know).
    Naturally, the Chosens are not supposed to be spawned there, but to help the Cult Leader out. I think I replaced the point already.
    When do you get that line for Warlord Tharor? I don't recall it.
    The Nolwartian guys should have a leader, called Inythar, in the cave, he's there for a cliché quest and some lore.
    I encountered the Dwarf in the way problem, probably I'll do something to prevent it, probably a gate or something.
    I didn't have problems with Cynthal. I'll definitely not make him unattackable but he might get a HP boost and some extra AC and evasion.
    The Dracon King is a problem, he'll be definitely scaled up.
    Speeding up missiles is a good idea, thanks. Also, I should work on the monster generators. Sounds like a sensible idea, though the snowy areas share the generators, mostly - and I'll need more monsters for those, too.

Khyz Muril roof was intended to have something, but it turned out that I can't make it bug-free so I left it in progress. I forgot the teleporter, though...
    I noticed the problem with the MErcenary Camp entrance, though it doesn't appear in the editor, so I don't know what to do. Maybe I fixed it too late.
    The gate from the Northern Wilderness was indeed intended to be locked, I have no idea why it wasn't.

Wanir and Suzerain may be moved - remember, I had a shortage of locations back then. I could, however, reason their location in the plot, so they might as well stay there.
    Witharin-mountains and Nyrgithia are solved, at least temporarily.
    I admit that dialogue is too much - I like storytelling in NPCs, and I couldn't help it. In other games, it's possible to include them in location entries (like in libraries), but I found it difficult in this game.

Yes, many plot events in the endgame. I couldn't really help it. Maybe I'll be able to do about it soon.

I might as well delete Tainted Dungeon - it's almost impossible for now. Not the difficulty, the wayfinding.

I didn't really see the need for Lua scripting so far, townltu. If you tell me which file I need to edit (probably C***ent.lua though), I might as well get around with it.

Also, the next version may be delayed - with all the new location entries and monster entries available. Sigh.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

... and I'll need more monsters for those, too.
    appears as if you received new PM;)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was I the one who suggested adding Scouting to several professions? I think that Gadgeteers are definitely looking for something to use for their creations (in addition to Rogues and Alchemists). And why not to throw in the Bard, too. After these ten years of playing the need to search for hidden items and to include a Ranger (although it is one of the best characters) is beginning to feel somewhat tedious and restricting.
    Not Aelfinn or Eelfinn, but Realfinn

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I think it was you. And I agreed completely.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

"scouting"

As former p&p dungeon master with reputation to be "rather" strict, i have the duty to ask:

And what did you take away as compensation?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think that Bards had scouting...
    My mistake - checked in CF and Bards don't have scouting. Guess I was just a bit overwhelmed when I had a Ranger, Gadgie, Rogue and Alchemist in my last party and found out they all had Scouting.

I can get around the colours of the potions. Your idea is great, though it's a bit irritating work. Probably I'll still do it, though, if I decide to get around it.
    Hopefully it should be easy...I would guess it's just a case of using a different sti for Moderate and Light Heal - at least one of the mods did this (possibly Dodd's).

Quote Originally Posted by townltu View Post
    for me one of the most interesting encounters of the mod...
    Yes, I think that's fair enough - gives an added dimension to the fight.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, the technical part of re-colouring the healing potions is easy. I've been making new images for items, too. However, the problem lies within picking and applying the correct colours. I'll do my best.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flamestryke's graphical only mod contains nice recolored versions of the healing potions. You could use those. And of course Qusari's mods use another scheme, but also different graphically. There's seems no need to role your own.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I would like to recommend also Kaucukovnik VI`s Individual items mod:
    Wiz8_Individual_Items_0.3.zip
    I like the bottles with the games spell icons, or check Ale and Swamp Malt
    found its way into the Box some minutes ago, folder: \items
    also some selfmade you could use if appreciated.

btw CF and the game can handle icons in subfolder of \data\items,
    that way you can keep the hundreds of .sti sorted.

It would be easy to make one for any existing 3D model from screenshot in 3D editor:
    a)adjust orientation for pic already in view, keep distance so scaling based glitches stay low
    b,c)paste e.g. in Gimp, make the background transparent(else it may smear when scaling)
    d)scale down with different algorithms and select the best result,
    e)choose a dark color from the pic or grey to solidify
    (fill the transparency/background or whatever you program names it)
    f)select all pixel with only the exact value and change(fill) with the appropriate background color for the .STI

repeat d) to f) for the different sizes (you find max sizes on the CF forum)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast