Thread: White Wolfs MOD

Creator of Reforged Mod 1.1 Qusari's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes I would also support the idea of using Kaucukoniks sti s.

I used a lot of his sti for new armors in the reforged mod. But there are still many more which were not used in any mod sofar.

If you use his images that would favour his work he put into creating those
    Find all Wiz 8 mods exclusively on this site:
    http://www.zimlab.com/wizardry/wiz8mods.htm

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, I don't know where his mod could be found, though.

On the other hand, I'm here for some report on my progress. I tremendously reduced most loots and drops. The higher level loots that used to drop 1-3 items now have only one each. I didn't reduce the number of chests, first reason is that would've been more work, second reason is that chests in masses look way too good, sorry.

Another thing, the reagent drops. I know that Plant Ashes and Flammable Oil are dropped way too often. This is now resolved. Acidvines and the rest, that are encountered very often even on higher levels, had a reduction to 10% (I think Acidvines got to 5% because they truly come in masses). I increased one drop, though: Vampire Bat Wing. They are encountered very rarely, if at all, 5% chance to drop the wing is way too little, it got increased to 50%; that won't flood the inventories yet.

I corrected a bug that took a good amount of work to reveal; I started working on a new location, but I'm running out of older ones to copy, and it would be surely awkward, dull and frustrating to have multiple copies of locations, so I need to learn how to alter them in a major way without messing them up completely.

Not much improvement for sure, but I'm working on it and hoping to be able to release some intermediate stage soon, because it's in the summer when we have more time to play... Or at least I do, and I assumed the same of everyone.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another report.
    I've been experimenting with Lua recently, but I started to add some new locations, and I've already thought about a new extension to the storyline.

However, something seems to be embarrassing.

At least one of the new locations should be a town. And as we all know, the only place that resembles a town at all is Arnika. Meaning that I'll need to copy it once again.
    I'll do my best to retexture it and make the similarities less apparent, but that's all I can do, and I think you already know how bad I am at texturing and basically anything about the 'art' section of mods. I hope I can do it in a satisfactory way, but I doubt it.
    I'll also try to finish it, or at least a temporary version, before August so that people have a bit more time to play it.

That's all for now.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd have a question if you people don't mind; I couldn't edit the post.
    How could I edit the sky to have some more clouds (preferably to block the Sun more or less permanently)? Does anybody have an idea?
    Because I don't.

Thanks in advance.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Frostguard
    ... At least one of the new locations should be a town. And as we all know, the only place that resembles a town at all is Arnika. Meaning that I'll need to copy it once again.
    I'll do my best to retexture it and make the similarities less apparent, but that's all I can do, and I think you already know how bad I am at texturing and basically anything about the 'art' section of mods. I hope I can do it in a satisfactory way, but I doubt it. ...
    How about creating a town with the maze generator?
    I could imagine 2 rather convenient ways.
    Basically set min/max room size 2/2 below maze size to get a rather empty plane,
    in case appreciated keep the walls around the town.
    (note that not all outer walls can be deleted in the blueprint, in case must be done manually in loc editor)

I strongly recommend to generate only terrain, the physical walls after all work on terrain is done.

In case appreciated pls check the dropbox, folder \terrain contains an example which you can also use as template,
    in whole or partially for buildings.
    There are already wallparts for windows, but no glasstexture, that way spells and ranged combat is possible,
    so you may need to add glass.
    E.g. Arnika prison has nice metal window texture or in HeLi`s room find a wooden frame.
    Instead of putting time in stair construction you can create a terrain plane as "stair" from single vertices,
    then copy that plane and move stepwise to the other "stairs", the maze is built up with integer values
    but i recommend to adjoin the verts in any case, this will exclude flaws as the last decimal sometimes shifts.

Nearly forgotten:
    when terrain is complete, and you made the usual level backup ;)
    reduce poly count before you create the physical walls!
    The maze generator creates terrain well for further edits, not at minimum polycount,
    but faces can be reduced very well without flaws in geometry or texturing.

How could I edit the sky to have some more clouds (preferably to block the Sun more or less permanently)? Does anybody have an idea?
    not sure how it works, you may not be able to darken the sun with clouds,
    but there are light on/off and the dark area triggers.
    As far as it appears in game the dark area trigger does not create full darkness,
    which is good (i had this maze with nearly 100% darkness, i had some issues even as the creator;)
    I also believed to notice the lights being reactivated,
    rather sure when i left and reentered the area, could also happpens after 24h camping.
    But i think this could be done with lua (check whether party is in location > trigger light off /dark area.

If it relies on the texture for the sky, which are quite a lot pics,
    perhaps there is an pic editor which does batch jobs?
    Else you could use only the dark texture files 2 times and throw the light ones out of the .ifl files?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like an idea. Though creating a town with a maze generator sounds to be more than what I'm capable of, at first. I'll see. Mazes didn't seem too town-like in my experiences, but maybe if I mess around a bit I might as well achieve something (but I don't know how I'll conjurre normal rooftops on 'houses' yet).

In any case, if this plan fails, the additional textures might prove useful for the Arnika clone.

Also, I was asking about the sky because this was the first time when I spent more tremendous amounts of times in rainy areas, and it's a bit disorienting when the Sun is shining, there are no clouds but it's raining.

If anyone can help me how to copy the Swamp's sky, I'd be glad for that, too.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just updated to version 1.0 (without beta). Then just for fun I loaded an old save in Khyz Amul. I guess it is not intented that the dwarves there were now about as tall as a real rat would appear to be.

Of course I was going to start a new game. But now I must ask: will there still be coming new content?

PS. I used to be emeraldFN.
    Last edited by Erkilmarl; 08-03-2012 at 05:21 AM.
    Not Aelfinn or Eelfinn, but Realfinn

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Frost is planning to release a new version at some point - if you're playing 1.0 then it's a very old version. I've just finished another 1.1 playthrough and it's pretty solid, but 1.0 has quite a few problems.

Frost - for some reason, the Mage Guild Leader will never give the Eldritch stuff and the Thauma Shard. I managed to get it to work by setting FACT_WANIR_KILLED_KHAZZAR to True in step 1 of his NPC script (I gave Khazzar the Warblade, but somehow that didn't seem to work).

Also, perhaps a hint could be added to the Ancient Grimoire description to point to who would be interested in it?

P.S. Is there any use for the Draupnir and Thauma Shard?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry for the delay, location designing is my weak point (as most of you could already see that), and I'm doing exactly that. Usually it is the last step, though. I'll see what happens. I'm still having a hard time with a third town, as cloning Arnika again would be very unpleasant and inane, but I simply can't gain a normal town from a maze generator either. And it is hindering my efforts quite a bit.

The Eldritch Amulet, Eldritch Ring and Thauma Shard won't be given out, that's my fault at that point. I adjusted something with the facts stupidly, I don't even remember what, it's already been corrected.

From now on, it's SPOILER ALERT.

Also, I think you need to tell Khazzar that Wanir was Naahar, which you can learn by taking his sword to Dharnin, the Dwarven blacksmith, who, unlike Khazzar, is an expert on weapons, enchanting them and therefore will recognise the blade.

Draupnir is quite an useless item, considering that it can be used only for one thing: if you use it on some altar-like thing in the Treasury of Khyz Muril Basement, and sprinkle some Powder of Nine Nights on it, it you will get nine of it. Meant to make some good money, just too late, where it's unnecessary anyways.

Thauma Shard can be used in Nyrgithia. When you kill the Suzerain of Maleficence there (again), he'll drop a stone, which needs to be merged with Thauma Shard to give a fancy new altar stone that unlocks the altar to the final confrontation with Wanir.

As for the Ancient Grimoire, it has to be given to the Mage Guild Leader, for a nice bonus of +25 Power Cast to everyone.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the info, wavydave. But where can I find 1.1? The link above leads to 4shared and gives me version 1.0 plus some extras, which are all installed now.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Erkilmarl View Post
    But where can I find 1.1?
    Forget what I said - the version on 4shared is the latest to be released (perhaps it should be called v1.2). I checked through my files and found 3 versions of the mod - v1.0 beta, v1.1 and the new version dated Feb 2012.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you. Now I can continue into the Upper Monastery. I must confess that I have an old W7 save which I edit to meet my current need of races and professions. Adjusting the stats so that they meet but do not exceed the values an imported party has takes always some time.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks go to you people for keeping track of version numbers for me, which I have woefully forgotten to do.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another progress post.

I'm terribly sorry for not releasing it yet (for anyone who cares, anyway), I've just been hindered by unseen events. I'm going slowly but steadily, though, and what's even better: I already have the finished plan of the 'map' for the next version, which was one of the main issues.

On the other hand, I'm not good at editing locations, and it can really get on my nerves - and I'm doing that, mostly, thanks to the new locations. Some of them are ready, but some large ones are still to be finished.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default training dialogue doesn't work

I am running the latest version (1.2?). When I give the training pass to a trainer, I get a dialogue box asking what sort of training. I can't type anything in the box.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I've already encountered that problem during tests. Though I could solve it in the game in some cases, I do have several plans to eliminate it as well. In the next version that will not give you any problems.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

frostguard. Message for you.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am new to the forums, but i have benn playing wiz8 on and off sence it was relesed. i found White Wolfs MOD, and it had ben working fine untill i try to enter the Arnika-Trynton road for the first time. at witch time the game shuts down and i get an error that says; "The skin texture mouth_higardiv2_male.ifl not found in monster higardi_swordsman!" witch is true i can not find that file. i downloaded and replaced the file "higardi_swardsman.mls" from 4shared as well, but this did not fix the ishue.

any one know a work around for this?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You put the wrong file in .ifl refers to a sequence of tga files that make the mouth movement.
    the mls file is what will call those textures. If they are not there when called the game crashes.
    Go to the Wizardry 8/Data/Monsters/Bitmaps folder and make sure that the mouth_higardiv2_male.ifl file is there followed by a sequence of tga textures of the same name and that if so that there is not a number missing from the 000 sequence.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aushlin
    I am new to the forums
    Welcome :)

... White Wolfs MOD, and it had ben working fine untill i try to enter the Arnika-Trynton road for the first time.
    at witch time the game shuts down and i get an error that says;

"The skin texture mouth_higardiv2_male.ifl not found in monster higardi_swordsman!"

witch is true i can not find that file. i downloaded and replaced the file "higardi_swardsman.mls" from 4shared as well, but this did not fix the ishue.

My reply (also @Frostguard ;) refers to what i can recognize in my "latest" install of White Wolf mod,
    where i see 2 major issues for the swordsman which may or may not be already solved with later fixes
    my [higardy_swardsman.mls] is from 2012.02.15 / 04:44 and [higardi_swordsman_talk] from 2011.07.27 / 23:01

1) The monster [Higardi Gate Guard] on Arnika road has an NPC assigned but the related .mls file
    contains not entry with appropriate [TALK] animation.
    This has the potential to create a crash, not sure whether occuring at 100% probability
    and/or with the mentioned mouth_xxx.ifl crash message.

2) The anim [higardi_swordsman_talk] has the texture anim speed/fps for the material of texture ~[xxxx_mouth.ifl]
    set to 0 (zero). Afair this also may lead to crash (but not with this message)
    btw the standard speed in W8 is 4, imo variations from 3-6 are sufficient to express slow or quick speech.

... any one know a work around for this?
    I think so

1st, as far as i an see no need to search for the texture files,
    they are part of the standard wiz8 files and contined in file \w8\data\monsters\monsters.slf

Part 1:
    create a backup/copy of the file \your_Wiz_WhiteWolfMod_InstallFolder\Data\Monsters \higardi_swordsman.mls
    now open higardi_swordsman.mls with a plain text editor (like notepad)
    and paste
    Code:
    TALK		higardi_swordsman_talk
    in an empty line, i.e. above the line which starts with term: "SKIN DEFAULT"
    Do not use "save file as..." because notepad will add its default extension, use save file! (aka [ctrl]+[s])

Part 2:
    create a backup of file \your_Wiz_WhiteWolfMod_InstallFolder\Data\Monsters \higardi_swordsman_talk.mon
    then replace the file with the content of the archive higardi_swordsman_talk.mon.zip

Done!
    pls let us know if the issue is not resolved

@Frostguard
    The swordsman walks rather slow @12fps, intended or did you have issues with movement?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the welcome, and thank you for the help. fallowing those steps did seam to do the trick. i am now in arnika-trynton road, and was able to travel to Arnika as well. i have read a lot of good things about white wolf's mod and am looking, very much, foreword to playing it :}

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you, townltu, for the assistance you provided during my absence.

Now to answer your questions.

As far as I know, no appropriate talk animation won't make the game crash. One of my first NPCs was the sorceress, who has the Sige skin associated to her. As we all know, that .mls file does not contain an animation to talk - the game proceeded to use the Idle animation even when it was talking. Regardless, I usually include one, even if it's just the idle animation.

As for the slow walking of Swordsmen, that can indeed be an issue - I didn't experiment with it too much as I assumed that since it's nothing else than a slightly modified copy of the Higardi Patrol animation, if I specify the same parameters it should work identically. Surprisingly, I didn't really meet with opponents using that animation during my tests. None of what you mentioned is intentional.

Aushlin, I'm glad to hear that! I hope that it will not disappoint you. Regardless, I am working on the newest version which will contain even more new content and new mechanisms as well.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds grate Frostguard. :} i like, so far, how you have balanced the in game item drops. i played some of flame strike mod a couple years ago, but i was not happy getting, what felt like, end game items at the start of the game.

I am also glad to find an active Wizardry comunity. it is such a good sieries that it should be kept alive. :}

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Frostguard I have jut done a clean install of your great mod but the problem is when i camp i get a ctd and a Error message. Expression [uiItemno <gxstatus uiItemsindatabase] Evaluate to false. uiItNewItem: error, invalid item #=1 specified. Any help would be appreciated

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the posts.
    As of now, I've just jumped up here to see if there's anything new. I'm terribly sorry that I can only attend to your issues on the weekend, but university has started again and it takes pretty much time. I'll have to ask for your patience until then and I'll try to work on the issues on the mod on weekends, mostly.

Thank you for the appreciation.

Creator of Reforged Mod 1.1 Qusari's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by digger19 View Post
    Hi Frostguard I have jut done a clean install of your great mod but the problem is when i camp i get a ctd and a Error message. Expression [uiItemno <gxstatus uiItemsindatabase] Evaluate to false. uiItNewItem: error, invalid item #=1 specified. Any help would be appreciated
    Interesting bug ....

do you have an alchemist in the party who tries to create items during camping ?
    Find all Wiz 8 mods exclusively on this site:
    http://www.zimlab.com/wizardry/wiz8mods.htm

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qusari View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by digger19 View Post
    Interesting bug ....

do you have an alchemist in the party who tries to create items during camping ?
    Qusari My party is Lord-Samurai-Ranger-Mechanic-Bard-Bishop. A thing I forgot to mention is it does not crash when i start off wiz8 exe only when i use CFlaunch.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strange. Camping worked fine for me. I couldn't reproduce the problem.

Either way, I'm trying to understand the message you got. It appears to me that the database of items might be corrupted. But I don't know... Why during camping? I have no idea, really...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by digger19
    ... the problem is when i camp i get a ctd and a Error message. Expression [uiItemno <gxstatus uiItemsindatabase] Evaluate to false. uiItNewItem: error, invalid item #=1 specified. Any help would be appreciated
    The first thing i would do is to confirm the install, preferably by use of the savegame in a 2nd parallel install made from scratch.

If its item related like supposed, you could check it with removing the items, which may take more time:

In a quick check just drop them all and camp, if the crash still occurs you would have to sell all items to a trader
    and then spend at least 24h idling around,
    thats the only way to really remove an item from the game, all dropped items are still registered in the savegame.

You would still have to put the the "non dropable" items into a container as they cant be sold,
    so there is no 100% proof by exclusion if it always crashes,
    but if not its an easy way to find the exact culprit, only takes some time.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am in the cemetary and have pressed the six symbols but when i try to place the dagger in the corner nothing happens.
    BTW a previous post about a ctd when I camp, it was because i gave my priest the ability to make potions when camping, when i removed that ability the game was alright

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't worry, that's an error on my part.
    I accidentally made a duplicate dagger at a certain point of my editing work, I don't remember why, and probably that's what you were trying to use. I'll get rid of it as soon as I can.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Snafaru's page has a link to DL 1.0 beta version.
    are there any links for an up-to-date version of the mod?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The newest version is currently on 4shared. If anyone has any suggestion where to publish the next version, I'll be more than glad to hear.

Basically, I'm terribly sorry about my tremendous delay. The only excuse I can mention is that this version requires more graphical and 3D editing than probably all of the versions together so far - something I'm not good at, therefore it takes much time. And yes, since university started, I have much less time to spend on the mod as well. My plans are already solidly set, and I do know what it should look like, but I'm not ready. Most of the locations are already ready, though, so much less is left to do - such as scripting some NPCs and completing the remainder of the Lua codes to set everything up. I don't know how long it'll take, though.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the bad things about some hosting are unwanted ads & the fact that yr file(s) can be deleted over time. Or u even have to register to dl stuff like @ 4shared u use for your mod.
    Imho u should use dropbox, the good thing that u can have an acess to your mod from any pc with an internet connection & when u edit yr file @ 1 of the pc's the file will be updated @ the server & the latest version will be acessible for everyone. that's a great feature for modmakers, one can always be sure u have a latest version of the mod when u want to download it

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've successfully uploaded it to the Dropbox account. The name is Frostguard, but I don't know how to find other accounts, to be honest.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aflv30kb3h...f%27s%20mod.7z

Here is the link for Dropbox. It should work.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can u upload b2-littlemetalbit.tga there too? ( got an error that file's missing. )
    & other essential files needed 2 play the mod)
    speaking or the files u store @ 4shared- I also saw arnika, is it a file u are going to modify for a future release( as i 've read in the latest posts)

or I need it to put into the game's folder now to play the current version?

Also i have a following problem.
    prob.jpg

Isntalled patches over original eng version & then , the mod.
    Running 1.26 wiz exe via cf injector. what can cause that problem ?
    Last edited by MightyBro; 10-15-2012 at 03:34 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The picture of your problem is strange. I never encountered anything like that... Are you sure you don't have anything installed besides the mod?
    Also, I still use the 1.24 version, I suppose that 1.26 might cause problems, maybe. But that's just a wild guess.

As for b2-littlemetalbit.tga, I can upload it (https://www.dropbox.com/s/1pzolxp0d0...lemetalbit.tga). As for the Arnika folder, don't mind it, I have integrated it to the Dropbox version.

As for other essential files - I doubt that there are any. Feel free to write me if you encounter any problems!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If the problem refers to the unreadable letters(at least for me;) of Burz`s speech in the picture,
    this is rather precisely how it looked like for me when i played one of the 2 russian mods,
    respectively technically spoken,
    it looks to me like if a russian burz script is used with an english version of \data\strings\stringdata.dat (aka interface strings).

I think it be caused by faulty install of game or mod,
    but also be based on behaviour of Windows OS if later version than XP.

Regarding the 1.26 executeable, i am really sure(and i say that quite rarely!)
    that the english version of 1.26 aka [Wiz8_v126_eng.exe] (filedate:02May2004) works flawess.
    I was also suspicious at first, but after hundreds of hours in use i have no doubt that it works perfect,
    no matter whether vanilla, any mod, or use of injection, lua, savegame hex or whatever editor.
    And as it is already long in use, hundreds of other users would also have noticed any flaws.

Btw i would like to express my gratitude to the coder who created it and who is unknown to me,
    Due to the speed overflow and my personal affinity for "the need of speed",
    i stopped using superman spell completely after i recognized the issues about 8-9 years ago,
    until SVojna gave the decisive hint for the update on VN spoiler board.
    I also must admit that i tweaked the exe without authors permisssion and even made it public ;)
    Well, at least it honors his work :D

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyBro View Post
    Isntalled patches over original eng version & then , the mod.
    Running 1.26 wiz exe via cf injector. what can cause that problem ?
    I wonder - did you install Russian patches over the English version? Or English patches over the Russian version perhaps? It is strange because the game seems to get some strings OK, but not others.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by townltu View Post
    english version of 1.26 aka [Wiz8_v126_eng.exe] (filedate:02May2004) works flawess
    yes , i have exactly the same file with that filedate.
    I use win xp, installed a patch for original version, then 1 26 en over a clean install of the game, then the mod files.
    And it's not some repack, I use normal 3 disc edition, it worked perfectly with all eng mods I 'vee completed- flamestryke , deathstalker, Dodd's & lunastralis.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

just remebered that i did some quick texture fixes on those two new mine entrances which lead to teleporters
    while i played the mod last time, probably the actual version,
    think one entrance was in mountain wilderness, the other in the cloned rapax camp location.

in case you @Frostguard appreciate it, i can make them available for you,
    so you could check them and integrate if you like.

Of course i also offer to explain how i did this, its rather fast and easily done by yourself.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you, townltu, naturally I'd appreciate both. Maybe the explanation better, but if you've already done it for two maps, I'd actually be glad to use them as well.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hi Frostguard
    to keep the files below postcounts max size for attachments,
    i transformed the terrain meshes with texture tweaks into dynamic objects:
    wwmod_texture_tweaks_do.zip
    If you reimport them as dynamic objects from .cfobj file, they will be at the correct position
    and can be transformed into terrain meshes.
    Then you will have to replace the whole meshes or distinct faces,
    delete obsolete terrain, apply changes, then delete the dynamic objects.

The "xxx_transition" variant for the mercenary camp will require to add the attached .tga file into the locations bitmaps folder!

Regarding manual layout of texture,
    CF uses raw texture coordinates on the texture files like X/Y on a 2 plane.

Open CF > Location Editor and select e.g. Arnika
    go to terrain tab, hit the green + button and select to "add a surface",
    with 4 sides along/across, length of each side 10, keep the texture multipliers at 1.0, hit OK.

The plane will appear in the phoonzang statue at 0,0,0,
    so lift it 10 units, hit the magnifier above the 3d window
    and finally adjust the cam above the plane
    so you look from south to north and have the whole mesh in view.

Got to raw texture coordinates tab.
    Select the 2 faces in the upper left (NW) corner one by one and note the raw texture coordinates of their vertices.
    You see that same vertices have identical texture coordinates,
    the the coordinates upper values increase from left to rigt, and downwards,
    and 1.0 is eqaul to the pictures width and height.

Now go to transformations tab and select "apply transformation only to the selected vertice(s)",
    them mark any of the inner vertices, tick "align move with axis" and move it 5 units(hals lengt of one square) to the west.
    Congrats, you have succesfully distorted the uv layout as intended!

Go to the Raw Texture Coordinates tab, you will see that the texture coordinates did not change.
    As 1 square is equal to one picture, and you moved the vertex half a squre to the west,
    you will have to rise the vertex`s upper texture coordinates for 0.5.

You will probaly see other distorted tiles also changing which use the same vertex,
    because their coordinates are attached together.
    In this case it may be helpfull and save effort,
    as you dont have to adjust the values for each single tile,
    in other cases you must deatch the coordinates.
    e.g. select any central face without detaching coordinates and add 1.0 to all its vertices texture coordinates.
    The selected face will show no change, but others look weird.
    If you do the same after detaching the coordinates, it has no impact on any surrounding faces.

Based on that, i simply started at the mine entrances at the "bordewrline of correct texture appearance"
    respectively with the faces that had corresponding layout (visible with correct seams and "not too streched" appearance)
    noted the vertices texture coordinates and transferred the values of 2 vertices of their distorted neighbour tile,
    the 3rd ones can have to be estimated for such irregular siurfaces,
    just keep in mind that you finally have to meet with the coordinates of the faces from the opposite direction

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks 2 all , the prob is solved. I 've uninstalled the prev. mod via control panel- remove programs, & forgot to empty the folder manually afterwards. there were some files of the Ru mod which caused the prob. Reinstalled the mod & injector works fine with 1.26 en wiz.exe as townltu said before.

2 frostguard:

speaking of the feedback, prolly U 've been told that several times already , but still:
    wolf's ring I bought in arnika has an ability to cast shadow hound described in its properties, but when u hit use button, one can't see it among the list of my available items.

I gave a cult's parchment to the watcher of the cult's building in Arnika & seems he needed just a password , & since I can't retrieve it - i wonder, will that parchment be needed for any quest further?

Your recurring nightmare Lord Shield's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers for the fresh version, Wolfy, I've updated the version on my PC. It'll be awhile before I get to Wiz 8 again, but I've been looking forward to seeing the new version of this one (gonna try some different classes this time around)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, Whyte Wolf. Thaks for the new release. I already had much fun with it. Very engaging exerience and in comparision with the Reforged mod your mod does save more medieval setting of Wizardry. I've met some bugs however. Along with noncritical glitches there was a few serious ones. Whenever i enter Nirgythia from Witharin-mountains game crashes with following error. "Debug assertion in module C:\projects\wizardy 8\engine code\ReadMesh.cpp line 1115 failed: Expression [ iPolytype >= 0 ] evaluates to false". Ascension Peak transition from Mountain wilderness also does result in a crash. That time without any error message or report.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, Golden!

First of all, thank you for the feedback and the nice words!

Secondly... I'm completely bewildered by the bugs you mentioned. I've tested pretty much every location in the latest release (except for the Cosmic Circle, but I haven't modified that anyway)... And I never experienced crashes. Are you sure the files have been copied properly? And maybe more importantly, monster bitmaps! In a very early stage of creating the mod, I encountered a crash without an error message which set the development back for months. Later it turned out that the culprit was a typo in a monster's texture filename.

While I'd really like to help you with this issue (and as such I'll do my best), I'm afraid that I can't reproduce the bug... And that's why it's unlikely that I can do much. Maybe I could upload the latest version of the mod onto Dropbox, but that is unfinished as of yet, and it'd probably cause more complications than what it'd solve. Not to mention that the next one will feature some Lua coding as well! I need to get around to finishing that, too. At least location editing is nearly done, and I should go much quicker after that (though I still need to write plenty of NPC dialogues, but that's a bit less taxing).

As for you, MightyBro... I'm terribly sorry for the late answer, I can't say I've been exceptionally active last days, I've had other occupations...
    Don't worry, the scroll is not needed anymore. All its purpose was to tell the player the password to enter the Hall of the Cult. Since you've lost it, I can spoiler you the solution (WANIR PROMISES LIFE).
    Last edited by Frostguard; 10-27-2012 at 07:51 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Frostguard View Post
    Are you sure the files have been copied properly?
    I installed the version from drobox (the link in this thread), plus arnika crash patch which includes a bitmap missing in the latest release. I run the game with the cosmic forge dll injector, never run it without it, I use combat speed enhancer, on windows 7 64 bit. The party level was about 35 at the first attempt to enter Nirgythia. Searching the net on the issue revealed only response from Townltu on this forum here. Apparently this problem is pretty rare.
    Update: I've checked the file called cfagent.log. It says everything loads normally except this line. "Info: Checking for Lua Support... Error: Lua Support Disabled. Failed to load 'lua5.1.dll'. Reason: The specified module could not be found." Could that cause crashes?
    Last edited by GoldenTabby; 10-27-2012 at 09:23 PM.

Your recurring nightmare Lord Shield's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, completely stuck at one point. I waffle to the mage leader about "research". Then I give him the orb of thauma

I've already given the staff of thegras to the TG leader, and showed Wanir's Warblade to Khazzar.

The fact jump doesn't seem to be happening, even though it goes to the text in number 7. I looked at the fact requirements, and it needs:
    FACT_MAGE_HAS_ORB is TRUE (it's set at FALSE when you give it to him)
    FACT_MAGE_GAVE_THAUMA is FALSE (can't see that set in his script at all

I can't find them in NPC scripts, what triggers those facts to happen? I have no other minor quests outstanding that I know of

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast