Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: White Wolfs MOD

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first thing to do has always been to move W8 out of Program Files and put it in some simple directory. Then there may be issues with the injection, but you should be familiar with it, since you have been playing the mod before.
    Not Aelfinn or Eelfinn, but Realfinn

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Thanks.

I have been on a marathon run the past couple of days playing the mod. Have to say it is more balanced than previous versions.

I have no idea how to access the new areas now though? the slit in the mountainside in the northern wilderness took me to the dwarves location in previous versions but now it doesn't seem to. That gate near the Umpani doesn't seem to want to open either despite having an alphabet of new keys.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was the old slit on the south side of the Mountain Wilderness? There is now a gate near the gravemound, in the north wall of the area. I haven't solved all the secrets, either. I have deliberately left for me a reason to eventually come back playing W8...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spoiler for the maze
    at the end of the maze you open an iron gate. When you step through the gate you die!
    I actually enjoyed taking the time to use graph paper and map out the entire maze. It was a basic square with the final battle in the center. Several dead ends and only ONE way to get to the final battle.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Erkilmarl, you have been very helpful. So i've made it out to raythanthia, fought tougher battles than I thought imaginable, brilliant expansion! the terrain climate of a dry icy winter is spooky.

Any spoilers as to the password for the door in raythanthia with the demon guardians? I just want to be able to play the mod to full extent so I can give frost some feedback, thanks

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm nearly one month late and yet again I owe an apology to whoever's interested for my prolonged absence; sadly, finding time proves to be harder and harder.

First of all, thank you for the feedback; it's much appreciated. I'm not sure what exactly it was like when you played it the last time, I hope it lives up to your expectations. Looking back, I'm pretty sure I ran a little too rampant with additions in the first versions; doubtlessly others thought so, too.

The point about the keys is a good one; most of them were added a long time ago, and I even forgot that now I could replace most of them - if not all - with location variables. Which would be a little more convenient as no one would need to carry loads of keys around and try all of them one by one on locked gates and doors. I might get around to that.

That said, some spoiler about the gate in the Northern Wilderness:
    Spoiler!

And for the door:
    Spoiler!

I hoped people would like the snowy areas. I'll have to admit that I added them because personally I do like cold and snow. I hope you enjoy the rest, too!

That said, I'm not sure where it'll be going in the future. I know I had some plans what to do next and I started doing them but other occupations arose yet again. I'll see if I can pick this back up.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is NPC named Jonin Shilartin in thieves guild. He has string about training (for gold) in his dialog. But i cant get any training form him. If i ask about traning or skills, he always repeat sentence about training or send me to guild leader with "i dont know" answer. Is it bug, or i must unravel this interface puzzle?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PS. if i type "divinity train" Mage guild leader training party, but without money. If i type "brotherhood garming", thieves leader give Wanir key to party.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ukdouble1 View Post
    There is NPC named Jonin Shilartin in thieves guild. He has string about training (for gold) in his dialog. But i cant get any training form him. If i ask about traning or skills, he always repeat sentence about training or send me to guild leader with "i dont know" answer. Is it bug, or i must unravel this interface puzzle?

I seem to remember that I never got training to work. I hope Frostguard himself will explain it.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never got training to work.
    But some Jonin Shilartin training work! At least, "critical strike". Its seems, that others - no. Dwarven books per 100 000 gp can to train to 100 without disappearing. Its cheat?
    To complete entire game, party mast run from Peak of Ascension after last combat. But player cant to see any reason to do it. He does not know that it will close for him a whole new storyline branch. Perhaps you should to put a wall or a fence before cosmic forge? Or кeplace the entrance to the CF to the Khiz Muril entrance?
    I personally did not like two points in subj.
    At first, combat too long and boring. The enemies are helpless and very thick. I play at hard+iron will with 4 chars. After 1/2 of game i set battle to automatic mode and read the Neal Stephenson book "Anathem" (928 pages) until the battle ends. The game has not yet been passed, and the book has already finished. I shell try go solo, maybe it'll be fun.
    At second, too many almost identical weapons. I remember just a sword with a berserk mode (ideal for a samurai).

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PS. And sorry, but I cant understend, what i must to do for complete this mode. I kill 6 dragons, cultists and primal dragon. I kill The Corruptor final and loot his key. If i open gate with that key and go in, party dies. I must return to the CF, or I could not find an alternate ending?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm late as always. At least I'm still visiting here... Sometimes. Recently I've had no time at all to continue this, sadly. I'm not sure if it'll change sometime soon.

Originally there were trainers for all skills (except for expert skills) scattered around Dominus; the Mage Guild could train your characters in magic, the Jonin you mentioned could train Stealth, Critical Strike and other similar skills, there was a Trynnie for Polearm and Throwing, but that was changed in a later version.

The reason for that is that NPCs request money only once for a dialogue option. For example, when you ask Burz about Marten, he'll ask you a little gold for the information. However, if you ask him to repeat what he said (that is, you ask him about Marten again), he's not going to charge you again; he'll remember that you've already paid and so will activate the same dialogue lines once more without payment.

Since originally trainers used the same dialogue option, they'd charge the player for the first time training a specific skill, and then the party could repeat it indefinitely for free. As you can guess, this was not the intended availability of training. Since I found no way around that, I decided to implement an entirely different method; using the Lua functionality, I made items for each skill that can be purchased from a single trainer now that increase a character's skill when consumed. (As you've already mentioned, it still has a bug of sorts, because it isn't removed from inventory after use, so it can still be exploited...)

As for the Jonin, now he's just a generic merchant selling equipment mainly for samurais, ninjas and monks. Quite the demotion, that.

In hindsight I admit that turning back from the Cosmic Forge is counterintuitive. The reason why I did it the way it is because I meant to make the new levels and locations entirely optional. I guess fewer people end up visiting them that way in the end... I've always explored every hidden corner in RPGs, which is why it was obvious to me that if a player gains access to new areas, he'll make sure to explore them even if it's counterintuitive to go there right away - it's how I've always played.

The issue with the monsters having too much health in general is similar. Unlike you, I've always put points into strength, dexterity and speed first (in this order for melee characters at least). It resulted in huge damage-per-round values, and admittedly I used this experience as a starting point in making the mod; I intended to put enemies in the game that aren't shredded by my melee-heavy party in a matter of minutes. Obviously, as always, I overshot the target and later had to reduce the health of opponents, but apparently they still have too much (as far as I can remember from the last time I played, I have to agree with you that the monsters and bosses in the very end of the game really have excessive amounts of hit points, so I'm probably going to reduce that further).

I'd guess that identical weapons are rare, but I also agree there are many similar ones. That's mostly a sign of my overenthusiasm and my reluctance to assign certain properties to more than a few items in the game (I'm not really sure why anyone'd want to have a weapon that blinds of frightens a target, but again that might just be me).

As you probably already know, there's no alternate ending, everything new in the mod is optional. You don't have to kill the dragons to finish the game, but you could if you want to. You get some quest reward for it, but at that point it's hardly going to matter, I believe. The dungeon of the Corruptor is just as optional (and I don't remember experiencing that sort of bug there, but there might be some physical faces missing, I'll check). As an addition to the quest with the dragons...

Spoiler!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm back. The hunt begins again.

I still have several versions of the mod installed, so I hope I have started a game in the latest version. (I did play W7 almost to the end and imported my party.) At least the cult door opens up now, but still you have only one chance to talk to watcher Na'tzan. And the sign over Deanfeir's place reads "This is message 55".

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't expect any activity here any longer, to be honest!

If the message doesn't display properly, it's probably the latest one. At least as far as I remember, the last time I messed around with the game I noticed that the message was for some reason removed, and decided to add it again. I think I got around to it, even, I just didn't upload it anywhere.

I still have the game on the computer, recently I just haven't had the time to do much. In fact, I got so used to the lack of activity here that I was rarely visiting. Rather sad, really. It was a surprise when I saw a new message, especially that it was only a few days old!

If you encounter any issues, feel free to mention them. I might even add something new along the way.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still check the boards 2-3 per month. I lack computer skills to actually create any MOD's. I cannot express enough my gratitude to all who have kept wizardry alive through the MOD's they create. From Jandrall's & AtlusSeven7 player creation tips and game data to dodd, daegon, townlu, mad god, frostguard, kaucukovnvik,... I probably forgot some names but that does not mean I enjoyed your MOD any less! Special thank you to all those who hosted websites dedicated to the game. Luidwigg comes to mind. And of course my first website and MOD that I discovered, Flamestryke. May she forever play in that great beyond.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to see theirs still some activity!
    Just started a new game with Wiz8 vanilla. Had a HD crash and was lucky to retrieve most of my data files including wizardry. Been 3 years I think since I played, times fly. Got my players at L9 now and heading back to Lower Monastery with the key, was their before but forgot the key (I normally put all my heavy stuff in a chest for storage at Antons and then grab what I need, forgot the key, all the way their and didnt realize till I needed it lol ).
    SO getting back into the swing of it, then look at what mod updates are available

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frost, all new signs in Arnika seem to have text missing. Dialogs with new guildkeepers are one time only. If you answer no or don't know the password, giving it later has no effect. If memory serves, NPC:s say that quote 35 is missing. Possible new players should be at least warned about that.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More observations and spoilers, too, but only about entering places: In Ryhanthia, if you stay too long in the house-with-the-password, the door will close and there is no way out (except that every party should be able to portal out at this stage).

Should we be able to walk on the roof of Khyz Muril? My party gets stuck there. Khyz Muril has give me some problems, and I had to spend a long while with the CF to sort them out. What is Warlord Tharir supposed to give when he says "with this you can enter the lower level of Khyz Muril"? Or what is supposed to happen?

When King Baran entered, he missed the second part of his script (block 85). I replayed that scene and managed to get the whole thing, the sending to the High King, too. But then, there wasn't any open portcullis in Muzak Bazyk, as King Baran had promised.

Words fail me when I think about all the new content there still is to explore. It is a pity that so few people seem to care about this fantastic mod.

Edit, and be warned, here comes a spoiler about entering places. (Can't remember how to hide it.)

After King Baran's speech, the portcullis in Khyz Muril can be opened, so there is one puzzle solved. Is this clearly stated? Does the Warlord promise something that was later changed?
    Last edited by Erkilmarl; 07-31-2016 at 04:29 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another thing, Baern, the smith in Dul Baradir, doesn't have scripts for giving away his custom items (I added them to my game).

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More observations: Don't let the Wanir Cult watcher die if you have unfinished business with the leader. Their door may remain closed then. The easy solution, of course, is to use CF to remove the door. In Khyz Muril, don't let the Warlord Tharir die. If this happens, the story will not continue. He will send you to the King. When King Baran leaves his office, Warlord Garir disappears (it has happened twice already), so buy all the tomes you need before that.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't worry, Warlord Garir will reappear! Frost, if you ever work with this mod again, please do something to the Menothian Crusaders standing near the entrance, inside the big house. I couldn't get out past them. The same could be said about Dwarves almost blocking the way to King Baran in Khyz Amul.

(I tried to move or remove the Menothians with CF, but it didn't work. Why? In the end I had to create a portal inside the palace to get out.)

BTW, after I had deleted the Cult door in Arnika, I noticed that several doors in Arnika were missing and that included even the lid of the Antone's chest, where I had put Destinae Dominus. So, backup files are always a good thing.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Limiting training.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostguard View Post

The reason for that is that NPCs request money only once for a dialogue option.
    I've been working on an expansion pack for the Lunastralis mod. I also have trainers, but didn't go the dialog route. Instead, each trainer activates upon receipt of a specific item. If you limit the number of such items by making them non-random loot, you can control the maximum number of times a trainer will train, as well as what map areas have to be completed to earn the training.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing I had forgotten: Spell ward will will freeze the game or throw me back to Windows, can't remember now, and it has the additional effect that the character cannot "use" items anymore. All "use" commands have the same above mentioned effect.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Erkilmarl View Post
    BTW, after I had deleted the Cult door in Arnika, I noticed that several doors in Arnika were missing and that included even the lid of the Antone's chest, where I had put Destinae Dominus. So, backup files are always a good thing.
    The effect occurs with later CF versions, i guess madgod changed some algorithm, before that it was rather save to delete DOs.
    The objects are still in the location files, in case perform a "rebuild all" on the location(you may skip all lighting related operations to save time),
    if 1st attempt is unsuccesful rebuild a 2nd time.

One thing I had forgotten: Spell ward will freeze the game or throw me back to Windows, can't remember now, and it has the additional effect that the character cannot "use" items anymore. All "use" commands have the same above mentioned effect.
    I guess a flaw in the LUA script(sorry @Frostguard ;),
    get the spell wards item/spell/whatever ID and search for it cfagent.lua, outcomment the related block(s) and check whether it works now, if so ...

Quote Originally Posted by Icynova View Post
    The reason for that is that NPCs request money only once for a dialogue option.
    I've been working on an expansion pack for the Lunastralis mod. I also have trainers, but didn't go the dialog route. Instead, each trainer activates upon receipt of a specific item. If you limit the number of such items by making them non-random loot, you can control the maximum number of times a trainer will train, as well as what map areas have to be completed to earn the training.
    You could also increase a facts or use its specific bits to check in NPC script whether a specific training lvl has been achieved
    and jump to the block where you demand more instances/other item or fact reference for higher training.

More flexible but also time consuming would be a system where you increase fact(s) value(s) in specific blocks of existing NPCs
    or by a lifeless non interactice NPC as a global active tool.
    E.g. party activates a DO/trigger that points to a "works only once" trigger which sets a variable and calls the dummy NPC script that jumps according to variable.

However i am not friend of training because the skill increase rating from learning by doing slows extremely down the closer a skill is to 100,
    and iirc there is no way to determine the skill value of party members which would allow to adjust benefit from training to that value.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this Mod available and if so can someone tell me where I can find it.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is the latest link (2015):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sdfg35myts...WW2.0.zip?dl=0

But it doesn't seem to lead anywhere. Here is somewhat older link (2014):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rwguvw1cuf...20Mod.rar?dl=0

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by townltu View Post
    The effect occurs with later CF versions, i guess madgod changed some algorithm, before that it was rather save to delete DOs.
    The objects are still in the location files, in case perform a "rebuild all" on the location(you may skip all lighting related operations to save time),
    if 1st attempt is unsuccesful rebuild a 2nd time.
    No problem, I meant I had made a copy of Levels folder.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for your reply but both links appear to be dead.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    Thank you for your reply but both links appear to be dead.
    I contacted Frostguard and he promised to do something about it.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More observations: Naaharbook in Ryhanthia doesn't contain any message - I guess I would need that to solve a puzzle.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, everyone!

First of all thanks to Erkilmarl for contacting me. I've had much to do recently; I haven't even started the game up in ages (sad thing, that), even less so could I actually make improvements. Made worse by the fact that when all this hit in I was in the middle of some new addition, which is now only half-finished in my version of the game.

I'll probably keep being busy until the end of the month, so significant improvement is unlikely until then. The good news is that this is only a month. I could upload the mod with the unfinished sections in it but something tells me it's not a very good idea; still, if it's urgent, feel free to let me know and I'll put it up somewhere. I'm not sure where yet, though.

As for other concerns:

Spellward doesn't seem to work... In fact, I couldn't really get any effects work that put multiple party-wide buffs on. I never figured out why that is. The biggest success I had was with the one that was supposed to put them on at the beginning of a battle, and it only worked once or twice in the countless battles I started with it equipped. I don't understand why they sometimes randomly started to work, either. As for Spellward, I don't remember it crashing my game, I might be confusing it with something else but as far as I remember for me it just refused to put on the spells. It might be worth an additional round of testing, anyway...

The game likes to mess up my careful positioning in more cases than one. The king's guards in Khyz Amul, for example, are neatly stationed on the two sides of the gate - in the editor at least. When I start up the game and go there one of them is invariably shifted right in front of the gate itself. I don't know why and why it doesn't show in the editor, I guess they're a little overprotective of their king... I can get past them, but it takes some time and is annoying, so I might remove the guards altogether or check what I can do with them.

Automatically closing doors... There has to be a parameter for that in the Dynamic Object menu. I haven't found that yet. Much simpler would be to simply go back to keys or location variables, I guess. Actually, I think I'll do that.

When Tharir says his line, originally he gave the party a key that gave access to the lower levels of Khyz Muril, as he said. Now he simply changes the value of a location variable that makes the gates leading down there able to be activated by the party. (Generally I was trying to replace all keys I could with location variables like that, let's face it, the game, especially with the mod, has enough keys already...) It worked in my version, so I think it's fully operational.

Warlord Garir doesn't disappear, he pops up in Khyz Muril, too, just not next to the king but the areas below. And no, you're not supposed to be able to walk on the roof. I guess I still forgot to remove the portal; originally the player was supposed to be able to go up there, because I assumed it had a proper structure (it looked so good...). Of course turns out it didn't, so I had to add the physical walls manually; it didn't end well and glitches out, so I thought I removed the way up there. Apparently not.

I couldn't get training to work properly, either. Initially it was done all through dialogue, but NPCs don't ask gold twice for the same line (which would mean that every session of training after the first one in any particular skill was free), so I tried to make it with books. Thing is, the Lua script failed to remove the book from inventory, so those too could be abused endlessly, and then sold back to the merchant when done on the top of that.

As for training in itself, it was never supposed to be that integral in the game; mostly I intended it as a luxury thing, used only in the endgame, when you think to yourself that hey, you'd really like to try that axe on that fighter but don't feel like swinging it around aimlessly until the skill is trained up properly; or maybe giving hybrids those last few points they need to learn some new fancy magic. Hence the availability only late in the game and the ludicrously high price.

For the missing messages in Arnika and the book, I think all the level messages were gone at some point for some reason. Since I noticed it way too late in my playtests, chances are that's the version I have on me, too. It's just a matter of rewriting them, so nothing serious, I guess. Except I might forget one or two, I'm sure everyone here is quite familiar by now with my bad history of doing that with things. Especially when I shouldn't.

I encountered the bug that crashed the game when trying to use items after using a non-functional modded item, too, which was all the more motivation to try and get them working. As with so many other attempts, I failed at that, too; I might just remove them from the game. It's a little sad, though, like admitting defeat, but there's little left to do with them now, I suppose.

I owe everyone here a big thanks for continuing to play this despite it being as bug-riddled as ever, pointing them out and helping me improve. If there's anything I haven't addressed feel free to tell me, I'm likely to start visiting this place more from now on even if I won't do much to the actual mod for a good week or so, at least chances are.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frost, check the "chestmonsters" in Muraz Bazyk. They don't appear. There is also a strange partial arrow trap effect in the middle of the bridge leading there. It can as well be left there, since it doesn't do any harm.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for notifying me about that!

As far as I remember, I disabled generating the monsters there on purpose.

Spoiler!

I haven't disappeared or anything, though unfortunately I'm still busy. I've made some quick corrections so far based on what I read here and what I noticed as well, but it's not astounding progress yet. I hope I'll be able to spend more time on the mod from the second half of next week.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello,

I would like to start playing this white wolf mod. But i can't find any download link. Is it possible for me to still be able to download it?

Greets,
    rtrtet

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sadly there's none yet. I'm told the Dropbox ones don't work anymore, and I only have an unfinished version on my computer. Sadly I'm all over my head with real-life work these days, so I couldn't really do more about it. Things should calm down sometime soon and I'll try to find a way to get something online this weekend.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder, is Snafaru's site still actively maintained? There is an early version of your mod there.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Active link to probably latest version can be found in this thread!
    Best search yourself as there is little hope you find all stuff inside the mod if you even dont manage to find the link. :p

However in case of emergency:
    Spoiler!

Edit:
    Link in Frostguards posting ID#274 points to older version of his White Wolf Mod,
    i found www2.0.zip from feb 2015 in my W8 mods folder and the link also posted in this thread :D
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/sdfg35mytsadscx/WWW2.0.zip
    Last edited by townltu; 10-21-2016 at 07:56 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I finally have some time to tinker around.

First of all, many thanks, Erkilmarl! Baern indeed didn't have it in his script to actually give the party the weapons he made. It's an oversight, but honestly I have no idea how I managed that. Rookie mistake.

The guilds and the Cult in Arnika now have different doors, based on location variables (if they get the password, they set the variable and the door can be opened manually). If I get around to it, I might do something similar to a few other doors and gates, too, but there are more important issues as well.

Chestmonsters in Muraz Baryk had Palpable unchecked for whatever reason. I checked it back for now.

I tried to check Spellward again. After switching its spell to Magic Screen, it did nothing at all, but didn't crash or freeze the game, either. After that I set the item's spell to Soul Shield and rewrote its Lua code to apply only Element Shield on use (and not to block the item's activation). When I used it, I got Soul Shield but not Element Shield. I believe the game must see the part of the code referring to the item (because when it was supposed to apply both shields through code and cancel the actual use of the item, it did that last part - cancellation - except nothing else). I've tried a few things, but I have no idea how to make it work.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frostguard,

I have been playing your MOD (must be my third or fourth play spread out over a few years). When I entered the Witharin Mountains I noticed that whenever my party enters into battle negative enchantments appear on my characters. It happens 75-80% of time. The severity and number of characters effected varies. I have trouble shot by removing every item (naked party) and entering battle and still the conditions persist. I have moved to different locations (Arnika) and still the conditions persist. i do not remember this happening before. Do you have any thoughts as to how to resolve?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've added such an effect to the game, but it shouldn't be linked to a specific location. (Also, it can be removed fairly easily, though I think I haven't added any hints to the game, I'm also going to do that.) It's also rather harsh, so I'm going to decrease the chances a little. Are you sure you didn't teleport to the mountains after doing something important?

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Frostguard; 10-31-2016 at 08:28 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've added such an effect to the game, but it shouldn't be linked to a specific location. (Also, it can be removed fairly easily, though I think I haven't added any hints to the game, I'm also going to do that.) It's also rather harsh, so I'm going to decrease the chances a little. Are you sure you didn't teleport to the mountains after doing something important?

Spoiler!
    DAh I can't believe I forgot that. I feel like a complete idiot. thx for the reply

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7