User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Where is Bela ? (Major Spoilers for Reforged 1.1)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the longest time I couldn't find the last group of skellies I was missing for the last soulshard. Finally found them, got the way to Rapax Rift opened up, all excited! I go in there and realize that I am now entering the place backwards. So I'm at a loss as to how to proceed. I don't have the key to the high priestess room, can't get in there to get the beckoning key to open the way to al-sedexus. Don't have the rift key so I can't open the big double doors at the bottom of the ramp from the regular priestess and initiate rooms. Can't brave my way across the lava hall because of a fallen block is blocking any progress that direction. How do I get into the rest of rapax rift? I even went back and used the trang teleport to see if the front door was open now that the back door is, and it's not. Noone else seems to have asked this question so I must be missing something obvious, I guess.

Creator of Reforged Mod 1.1 Qusari's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm as far as I can recognize it in the Cosmic Forge, it seems that the left door of the 2 winged door can be opend by touching it (no key needed) (near the Lava gap)

I will allow me one additional remark here, (since sometimes people get confused): The other rapax areas are not playable in this mod. Only the rapax rift is playable ....... but there are some surprises ... Keep it up it seems you are progressing nicely.
    Find all Wiz 8 mods exclusively on this site:
    http://www.zimlab.com/wizardry/wiz8mods.htm

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really appreciate your quick response. I can stop banging my head against my keyboard now, lol! As it turns out, I must be bugged, I have clicked on that door and the right one, and the middle of the two repeatedly and keep getting the same message 'a specific item is required here'. It won't budge. Am I going to need to download CF in order to fix this?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not sure whats going on here:

did you install all the patches ?

otherwise I would try to reinstall the rapax rift pacth specifically
    From Snafarus page

http://www.zimlab.com/wizardry/zip/W...Rift-Patch.zip

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought I got them all, but I must have missed that one. I reinstalled it and the doors changed from the vanilla version to now they are stone texture. It may be too late for my current run through though, the cursor won't change into a hand so I can click on either one. I think I may have to restart my party in order for it to work. That's ok though, I was totally planning my next party run through already anyway. Q you are a gentleman and a scholar. Thanks again for everything

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok as you wish, it would be easy to fix the door with the CF though ...

as a hint you are probably now around 60 % of the mod ..... still lots to do ..

cheers

Edit: fix the door is not entirely correct since the savegame is looking for an item. With the CF a Workaround would be easy e.g. remove door,

IN CASE YOU HAVE A SAVEGAME BEFORE ENTERING THE RIFT THE DOOR SHOULD WORK AFTER THE PATCH
    Last edited by Qusari; 11-16-2013 at 09:45 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I have gotten as far as I can get without asking for assistance. I have all 3 artifacts (Astral Dominae, Chaos Molari, and Destinae Dominus), I have the scepter, and the sky disc (already forged the two pieces into one), I have two of the three keys I need for the universal key (one from the lower monestary, the other from hell via al-sedexus). I am now in the dwarven country, I have used the ram to open the gate. But when I ascend the path up the mountain it seems that I hit two dead ends. One way stops with a cliff that is sheer drop off to nothing. The other way has a clever little sign advising not to fall off. From this vantage point I can see a tower in the distance and a beach down below, but I cannot figure out how to get down there. Every time I try sliding down the cliff face into the water, I drop through the plane and my party is crushed. From what I can gather from these boards the final piece of the key I need is close by, I just need help in how to get to it. I also have a few side quest questions I have been saving up. One, I went to the optional area and defeated the alien queen, I am carrying her tail around but I cannot find any kind of 'hilt' to combine it with in order to turn it into a usable weapon. Sure would like to see the stats on that bad boy once it's completed. Two, I never have been able to locate 'standard hll space boots' or 'standard hll space cape', these are the only two remaining pieces I need for a full space suit. Will I eventually find them or is a full suit not available? Also, I have not been able to upgrade anything at all that is marked 'upgradable'(e.g. the visor, the rangefinder, the control helmet, the hi-generator). Do you have to have a gadgeteer in order to do this? Cause I don't have one. Lastly, what in heaven's name do I do with the 'koi' that I caught in arnika lake? That's pretty much all the questions I can think of at the moment. By the way, I can't tell you how much fun it has been exploring this game all over again. The new areas I have found are beyond cool. I am so grateful to Q for creating this mod, outstanding work, sir!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Access to the 2nd part of Dwarven country:
    Spoiler!

Alien queen tail and HLL boots/cape
    Spoiler!

Mergeable items: you will get different messages on the attempt to merge 2 items.

"these items cant be merged" means that they simply cant be merged by anyone.
    "(charactername) cant merge those items" means that skill/attribute/class is not sufficient.
    no feedback message at all also means that skill/attribute/class is not sufficient.

Although merging some items in Reforged 1.1 may require a decent skill in engeneering,
    you dont need a Gadgeteer in party, the engeneering bonuses from distinct equipable items are sufficient for those items.

Koi: i suspect you do not throw the whole fish on the barbecue without removing scales and guts with a razor sharp tool.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you so much, I don't think I would ever have figured out certain parts of this game without the help on these boards. You guys rock!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just finished up Dodds mod and loved it, experiencing every bit, and I've figured I might as well start playing this mod (classic wizardry 8 addiction). I apologize if what I am about to ask has already been posted (I try to avoid spoilers). What are some great weapons I should expect to get, where can I get them, and what weapon type are they attributed to? I want to start training for that weapon ASAP, give me a head start . Also, what are some recommended professions and races to start with? Don't spoil to much for me, just be descriptive enough so a total newbie would have no trouble finding it .
    Cheers

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,
    can anyone tell me where the keycards for the Bank in Arnika are? I found Antone's, but not the other two...

Your recurring nightmare Lord Shield's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of them is in Val's house in a locked case (Val has the key). The other one is behind some boxes in that person's shop

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya. I had trouble with that, too. There are some like that changed from vanilla.................

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lord Shield, I guess you meant Vi.

Thank you - I found them both now, Anna's is quite hard to spot without x-ray...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't remember... is the Ziggurat-like building in the Ice Canyons accessible in this version of the mod? The entrance that was in Lunastralis is blocked.

Edit: I should have checked previous messages. The building has no function here.
    Last edited by Erkilmarl; 04-02-2015 at 01:07 PM.
    Not Aelfinn or Eelfinn, but Realfinn

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello there!

After playing Lunastralis Mod two times, I started my new journey on this mod for a few days... Hope someone can help me with the following puzzles....

(1) In beginning area the hall with Father Pontifex, there is a door (labeled Inner Sanctum) that needs a specific item to open. Where is the item?

(2) In Arnika temple basement, the big room with a bunch of teleporters and a computer, how to activate these teleporters? I can only get in one teleporter that leads to Pirate Island, but nothing I can do there....

Crimson

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another question, is there a garget that can work as Set Portal spell? I have a Ho-monme, but cannot merge it with a 3D holographic thing like that in Lunastralis mod.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't remember exactly, but

1. I seem to remember that there were no problems after the appropriate quest was done (what Father Pontifex wanted the party to do).
    2. The teleporters are opened from the other end as you get there.
    3. I had it but can't remember the parts. Keep merging!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Erkilmarl View Post
    Can't remember exactly, but

1. I seem to remember that there were no problems after the appropriate quest was done (what Father Pontifex wanted the party to do).
    2. The teleporters are opened from the other end as you get there.
    3. I had it but can't remember the parts. Keep merging!
    thanks for reply.

For the 3rd question, I found that I need higher engineering skill to merge it. Same parts as luna mod.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stuck again! I put the rune sword anselm gave into the central stone of stone circle in mountain wildness (after pressing the correct rune in sequence), and the mushroom appears as expected. However I walk over the mushroom, nothing happens!?? Is there something missing?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There aren't any retrodungeons in this mod. But there must appear a way into the mountain behind Anselm. Go check this, but beware, there were some tough monsters.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There aren't any retrodungeons in this mod. But there must appear a way into the mountain behind Anselm. Go check this, but beware, there were some tough monsters.
    Thanks for ur quick response!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me again. I managed to get to undead area in mine tunnel. My soulstones of animation are ready. I applied one stone to a crystal, but cannot apply stone to another crystal that is shielded. I guess there is a 3rd crystal, but can’t find it...
    Plz help.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
    Me again. I managed to get to undead area in mine tunnel. My soulstones of animation are ready. I applied one stone to a crystal, but cannot apply stone to another crystal that is shielded. I guess there is a 3rd crystal, but can’t find it...
    Plz help.
    No bothers. I got the hints from a Russian mini walk thru. lol

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello...I need help again. I got cracked cosmopolis on pirate island after releasing a big green dragon.... On the tower nearby there is a purple crystal which need a specific item, what is it?
    thanks Q for making this wonderful mod!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello...I need help again. I got cracked cosmopolis on pirate island after releasing a big green dragon.... On the tower nearby there is a purple crystal which need a specific item, what is it?
    thanks Q for making this wonderful mod!
    Also how to get in the rest of the tower? I glanced the old posts saying there is a need for password on pirate island, where is it?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the Cosmo Polis quest, you need to go back to Pontifex.
    I think the item for the purple crystal is found in a cavern beyond the Mountain Widerness.
    For Pirate Island, I think you only need an invitation.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

... On the tower nearby there is a purple crystal which need a specific item, what is it? ...
    Enter the house in Wilderness Clearing and speak to Mister Q, he will explain it.

If you already get Rapax Away Camp, you need to get rid of the Artifacts,
    i.e. Astral Dominae, Chaos Moliri, Destinae Dominus,
    which cant be dropped, so put them in a container.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah yes, townltu is correct - was thinking of Ravinia Bay!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

townltu and wavydave thanks for ur help... Now I got all ingredients to make the bait except the Rojal Jelly from the wasp queen in mine region.... i searched all region there but no such wasp queen was found.... please help.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since you have played Lunastralis, you certainly know the new Mine Tunnel areas. The Wasp Queen should be there, in the hut area above the huts where you can find RFS in vanilla game. She seems to always find me, but I suppose the nest and the jelly should be there even without the queen, near the left side wall, if you are going down towards the vanilla area.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since you have played Lunastralis, you certainly know the new Mine Tunnel areas. The Wasp Queen should be there, in the hut area above the huts where you can find RFS in vanilla game. She seems to always find me, but I suppose the nest and the jelly should be there even without the queen, near the left side wall, if you are going down towards the vanilla area.
    Thanks, I found it on the ground. It must be dropped by the wasp queen I killed before. LOL

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are welcome - and right: I checked in the Cosmic Forge, the jelly is Wasp Queen drop.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I finished the reforged mod a second time today. My journey of wizardry 8 will rest for a while and hopefully the reforged v1.2 will come out soon! Thank you all !!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I've been scrambling about for some time now.

I've got the 3 artifacts, all 3 pieces to the universal key, and the cosmopolis

For the life of me, I cannot figure out where I need to go to progress.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Keywing View Post

Have you been Savant City? You need go through the gate that used to portal you to cosmic circle and use cosmopolis to get in Savant City.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Keywing View Post

Have you been Savant City? You need go through the gate that used to portal you to cosmic circle and use cosmopolis to get in Savant City.
    I'm a colossal moron.
    Somehow I was combining the keys incorrectly and couldn't make the Universal Key thus being rendered unable to get into the Primary Rocks. Thank you for the response though. XD

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, Qusari, I have to ask

Was the giant red sun in Beyond Arnika any reference to Time Travel+Star of Oblivion in Dark Cloud 2?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi havent been around for a while is townlu still working on his mod or is it finished.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7