User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Where is Bela ? (Major Spoilers for Reforged 1.1)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Horpner View Post
    You can't use the second stone until you've done something pretty important.
    Spoiler!
    I am rather sure only the 3 Soulstones are required.
    Actually an instant teleport from start new game to the location showed no flaws.
    All crystals accepted their stones, both barriers disappeared as intended, with small earthquake for 2nd one.
    And there is no NPC script inflicted in the skeleton area ;)

Oh, and I never managed to get any of my real life gaming friends to give Wizardry 8 a real chance, even though they are all big RPG fans from the old days.
    I believe its appeal takes a fairly long time to take hold, and apparently it isn't for everyone.
    I never managed to "convince" a friend of mine to change from vanilla to the mods.
    He plays since >10 years with always nearly the same party, not sure whether i should :) or :(
    He started Lunastralis long time ago but did not like it, was "too different" from what he expected.

I've got my own blind spots, for example, I've tried to get into Baldur's Gate 2 a couple of times, but it just annoys me instead of impressing me.
    I had some fun in BG2, too linear but some of the best figts in CRPG (with powered up bosses)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn, I guess I didn't pay close enough attention. I used the first soul stone before getting the Cosmo Polis, and the force field did not disappear. I'm not clear what did make it disappear, though.

I can report that it took me a long time before I figured out what way had opened to me when I used the second crystal, though.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As it turns out, I needn't have bothered with catching the killer. Thanks to some Rattus that had attacked me a long time ago in the Wilderness Clearing, Don Barlone and company merely attacked me anyway.
    If you present the arsonist's head to Chief Gari, he'll give you a reward.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, but you have to acquire the killer's head and and turn it in before exploring the Wilderness Clearing in order to be lucky enough to complete that quest. He drops the
    Spoiler!
    when he dies, so it's OK.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, but you have to acquire the killer's head and and turn it in before exploring the Wilderness Clearing in order to be lucky enough to complete that quest. He drops the
    Spoiler!
    I usually acquire the head and give it to Chief Gari after the first exploration of the Wilderness Clearing. The trigger for the Rapax taking over the Clearing is when you acquire two of the artifacts (Astral Dominae, Destinae Dominus, and Chaos Moliri), same as in the vanilla game. The arsonist head quest has no effect on that, as far as I know.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herry Hardfoot View Post
    Spoiler!
    That conditionality is caused by the wrong faction of one of the rattkin renegades in the camp. Was not intended and willl be gone in 1.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Herry Hardfoot
    I usually acquire the head and give it to Chief Gari after the first exploration of the Wilderness Clearing. The trigger for the Rapax taking over the Clearing is when you acquire two of the artifacts (Astral Dominae, Destinae Dominus, and Chaos Moliri), same as in the vanilla game. The arsonist head quest has no effect on that, as far as I know.
    The appearance of rapax away camp is also triggered by the fact FACT_RAPAX_AWAY_CAMP_EXISTS.
    The fact is applied in the NPC scripts of Zant and Yamir when the party gets the "final mission" (to eleminate Umpani/Trang)
    The 2nd artefact either sets the fact or uses another hardcoded mechanism.

However,
    i am curious what happens if the party is in rapay away,
    and NPC script commands steal the 2 artifacts + make the fact FACT_RAPAX_AWAY_CAP_EXISTS false :D

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi thanks for the help before. I have beaten every boss got every item now been at the door to accension peak for a couple of hours trying to solve the puzzle just about to give up and play something else can someone please spoil this puzzle answer for me. I loved the Baldurs gate series if u have not played it or not for a while try the big world project mod. It's awesome!

Creator of Reforged Mod 1.1 Qusari's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JERICHO View Post
    Hi thanks for the help before. I have beaten every boss got every item now been at the door to accension peak for a couple of hours trying to solve the puzzle just about to give up and play something else can someone please spoil this puzzle answer for me. I loved the Baldurs gate series if u have not played it or not for a while try the big world project mod. It's awesome!

Juhu

No reason to give up so very shortly before the end.

The answer to the riddle is related to the Cosmo Polis, the answer can also be found in a book in your house in Arnika

NSFW!
    Find all Wiz 8 mods exclusively on this site:
    http://www.zimlab.com/wizardry/wiz8mods.htm

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks mate. Was really enjoying this mod(aside from a few balancing issues, swozz beasty with body of stone just extends an already lengthy battle into just ludicrousness) But have been disappointed with the savant city! just a major grind and a puzzle that i have no idea nothing in my backpacks seems to work.
    But all in all a great job tho i think i have wasted enough of my limited gaming time running around that bloody city looking for an answer, alas i think this will be the first wiz mod or game i did not finish as my interest has def gone.
    Way to long in those bright city lights wandering in circles
    Will prob try again in 6 mths or so as my gaming cycles seem to go maybe with an updated version of this mod.
    Reading back on this i may have come across to negative on this mod this is not the case it made me rediscover my love for this old sirtech gem for that i thank you keep up the good work.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JERICHO View Post
    ... and a puzzle that i have no idea nothing in my backpacks seems to work. ...
    try the
    Spoiler!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Savant City's puzzles are not hard, though you need to read the Anselm robot's hints very carefully to avoid getting stuck as I did at first. But yes, the combination of wide-open spaces and monotonous parade of (eventually) boring robot fights is a low point.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I must admit that I found Savant City a bit of a problem also - the part with the Power Glove and the ZRAM still confuses me and I've completed the mod once, but can't remember how I did it!

I don't know if you're changing that area in 1.2 townltu, but it may be a good idea to see if it could be improved.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might not remember it perfectly, but here's what I did. You can tell the terminals from the large blue translucent bubbles over them.

Spoiler!

If I missed anything I can make an edit later.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wavydave View Post
    I must admit that I found Savant City a bit of a problem also - the part with the Power Glove and the ZRAM still confuses me and I've completed the mod once, but can't remember how I did it!

I don't know if you're changing that area in 1.2 townltu, but it may be a good idea to see if it could be improved.
    Sorry but i will not touch much in SC:
    1st) the basic intention to keep the mod as is, at least in the variant with choice "unmodified"
    2nd) actually i have not the 100% overview on SC, would take too much time and either:
    a) prevent other variations to be done in given time, or
    b) cost additional time which i and you players would not like,

be aware that the real thing; aka the best mod ever; the one from the master himself, is also delayed by all that stuff.
    On the other hand, i am glad about that,
    think of all the cool new CF functions which would be missing in an already existing mod
    :D

Spoiler!
    not quite sure what you mean;)
    defeated DS 3 times, a):full party of 7; b):2 PCs and Myles;
    c)1 PC and RFS-81/Myles who supported the PC but did not engage directly in combat.
    (admittedly i would surely have lost without them)

Besides, i believe to recognize the cause for crashes reported in SC: pls check the 4 huge ram chips!
    The green ones are 256mb 100mhz low density notebook ram, i have ~ dozen in various machines, e.g. TP240x,
    (not sure whether somebody here realizes the implication ;)
    so only from looking at it i realize the design flaw of the DS`s ram. Nobody else noticed it?
    At least that will be changed in SC with the 1.2 update :D
    And vision will be reduced from 4k to ~ 1.6k
    And in case i get the switchable mongens "easily" working, some low poly enforcement stands "ready to use"
    Hostile for those who did not choose "normal/no change" or "Easy",
    respectively Friendly as enforcement for parties who selected the latter.
    And i could imagine a appropriate shortcut for SC, which imo requires PM @Q

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you deal with his Deranged Gaze?

My current party is bringing along a Psionic just for her immunity to that power, a tactic I've often used against the Soul Sucker in vanilla Iron Man games.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My current party is bringing along a Psionic just for her immunity to that power, a tactic I've often used against the Soul Sucker in vanilla Iron Man games.
    I made some incomplete comments on insanity: http://www.postcount.net/forum/showt...l=1#post203159
    I think there is no "one size fits all" recipe, a single psionic will not cover a full party of insanes,
    a single insane PC could kill him if not fast enough and in 6th character slot

btw i always place the main casters into the first slots and the high dmg/kill_chance guys as last,
    sequence of party members has perhaps up to 5% share for winning the really difficult combats,
    also the resulting damage with same amount of SP /attacks varies with sequence of actions,
    which itself is related to PCs slot position after a small move, not on personal initiative
    (exept extreme speed values and/or snakespeed

My basic recipe is move away, if situation and the monster allows such behaviour,
    makes no sense if they can follow and attack while your party only runs and gets damage/side fx
    In that case, no place to retreat, or much more Insanity spells to expect, i neglect Insanity and fight (sending a prayer to madgod;)

If insecure about timing, aka chance of one caster to be killed before his Sane Mind,
    i use several sane minds(if avail) on one character,
    e.g. for "one dead: game over" up to 2 full power spells and 2 Rings of Sanity(each with PL3 = PL6)
    If i play "champion or dead" respectively something like a "viking hero"(with final destination valhal)
    things like insanity become irrelevant.
    How would the log read with an entry:
    ... and in round 6 he allowed himself to get distracted by a level 2 spell ...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Psionic can work, especially against the DS, since his Deranged Gaze is very difficult to resist. He got 6/8 of my party pretty much every time, and was usually lucky enough to nail the two Sane Mind casters. Psionics are great for their immunity, but also because it is easy and productive to get them close to the highest initiative in the party. Cheesing the system is probably called for, and I didn't do it because It seems like cheating. Either way, the guns I brought needed no ammo so I couldn't use the trick of locking them onto a gun or bow with no ammo. The DS's insanity lasts long enough for him to wipe out your party with his other spells if you try to walk/run it out.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely excellent remod, great work. I have been playing Wizardry since it began, waaaaaaaayyyyy back when. I have four questions that I need answered:

1. I have used the three stones to enter the Rift from the undead plateau only to find that I cannot access other areas from it. I cannot cross the lava chamber or open either of the two doors. I am assuming this area is the entrance to Rapax Castle?
    2. The password in Arnika from the dead Dwarf's note. (dont have it)
    3. How to access the trap door in the pool in my house in Arnika. (basement?)
    4. What item is needed at the weakened crystals in the Barbarian court? (pirate's Island)

By the way, What’s that red jewel in a sea of gleam? was very good..........................

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For #3, look very carefully in the adjacent bedroom, examining all angles.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbpops
    ... I have four questions that I need answered:
    First let me welcome you on the board!

1. : The rapax areas are closed, you should not be able to access them from Reforged 1.1 on
    (in 1.0 it was still possible, as a teleporter had not been removed;)
    Not quite sure abot the lava chamber, you probably refer to the small passage near the pillar which collapses on touch?
    If so you probably dont have the "rapax rift patch" applied,
    i think http://www.zimlab.com/wizardry/wiz8mods.htm has all available patches.
    Pls note, like also mentioned in the "NPC database fix" readme
    The changes in NPC database make savegames incompatible,
    apply this patch only before starting a new run through the game!

All other patches dont create interferences and may be applied during a run through game.

"Either of the 2 doors"
    Not precise idea which, the "Rift Key door" is, afaik, still as usual. Else pls specify which door.

2. - 4. :
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by townltu; 07-09-2012 at 02:57 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbpops View Post
    Absolutely excellent remod, great work. I have been playing Wizardry since it began, waaaaaaaayyyyy back when. I have four questions that I need answered:

1. I have used the three stones to enter the Rift from the undead plateau only to find that I cannot access other areas from it. I cannot cross the By the way, What’s that red jewel in a sea of gleam? was very good..........................
    Yes the rapax rift patch should solve this problem.

For the puzzle question

NSFW!

There are some of this plants in a corner of the first island as a hint

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. : The rapax areas are closed, you should not be able to access them from Reforged 1.1 on

Then I :
    1. cannot proceed to the end game because of this?
    2. just bypass the Rapax Rift area and proceed?

Is there an entrance other than this one?

What is "the wheel of life?

Thanks as always, can't say it enough, great job......................

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are several things to do on the Rapax rift location / 2 strings of main quest and a side quest. If you installed the Rapax Rift patch you should be able to move around freely on Rapax Rift location and also be able to open the door to mountain wilderness for instance.

The other Rapax areas are sealed off in this mod, but of course those locations are substituted with new other locations and you can of course finish the full game. There is still alot of new and interesting stuff ahead.

Hmmm well; can you maybe say more about the wheel of life ? Where do you encounter it in what context ? Probably I have forgoten it meanwhile it does not ring a bell at the moment...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Then I :
    the teleporter to Savant Tower is found at another place
    The rift contains "things" to be done which are required to end the game.
    And Ferros shop ;)

not quite sure what you mean, the rifts old entrance may be opened from insde,
    and tower has been mentioned

What is "the wheel of life?
    Answer was given in capital letters on completion of the initiation quest:
    Spoiler!

It may be a good idea to note everything in this mod which is written in capitals.

btw. i will keep this in the update, also [edit]for[/edit] the changed riddles
    (the old are already too well known, and it will also keep the spoiler threads alive;)
    But dont expect such mercy in my own mod :D
    Last edited by townltu; 07-10-2012 at 03:14 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rift Patch

[QUOTE=townltu;217330]
    Then I :
    the teleporter to Savant Tower is found at another place
    The rift contains "things" to be done which are required to end the game.
    And Ferros shop

Since I cannot install the rift patch and continue with my save games, I decided to reinstall and start over from scratch. This second time through seems very pleasantly more interesting. It is hard to put down and find a stopping point. I have to hand it to you, this Reforged 1.1 could not have been any better constructed. The difficulty level is not at all too bad, and certainly it is not too easy. It has a lot to do how you level your skills and stats. The expansion of the "modern weapons" skill was very good. I am thoroughly enjoying this second time through. CUDOS

1. Will the 1.2 version be seamless to the 1.1 version without re installing?

2. in Trynton dungeon lever puzzle, what is the proper setting? (from left to right) up-up up-up up-up

3. Thanks for taking time to assist with answers in needed areas.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re-examine the wine-barrel room, and use Google to get a translation of that Latin message you found.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there any use for the "forbidden fruit" found at the beginning of the game (apart from curing insanity)?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Cosmic Forge reveals
    Spoiler!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Hopner, hidden in plain sight...............

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is "life minus life" referring to in Trenton on the island?......thanks

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my second time going through the graveyard, I'm wondering if I've forgotten something. I completed the vanilla portion and have been in both the two new buildings. I defeated the Martyr, but other than the Gazer Crystal of Death I've discovered nothing significant. Isn't there supposed to be something about the Necromani there?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once you find the "life minus life" item, it is terribly obvious which it is. You can't figure it out simply because you haven't found it yet.

Strangely enough, your difficulties are related to rjstf's. Go back to the tombs near the graveyard and look for a pull-chain or a switch that you might have missed, then try more of the teleporters/floating skull things.

If you can't get into the tombs, then look for a single rune on a tombstone on the west side of the central crypt. Activating it will open the crypt, and further progress will be possible.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the hints. I had discovered the chain, but had not gone through the right teleporter. My first time through, I never discovered this area. I also never figured out the life minus life puzzle. I'm glad to experience new things in the mod.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now again this second time through I've encountered Don Barlone when hostile because I battled the turncoat Rattkin in the Wilderness Clearing. I believe the first time I was able to acquire the Astral Dominae, but this time I only got the fake version. I think this was an object of discussion back in the old boards. Was that my only opportunity to get the AD?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don Barlone drops something really important, but not the Astral Dominae. You'll get it elsewhere.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Deranged Gaze spell has a range of "thrown". So just shoot him. He won't move towards you he will just stay put and cast other spells which hurt a lot but nothing a couple dedicated healers in your party can't handle

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not quite sure what you mean, the rifts old entrance may be opened from insde,
    and tower has been mentioned

Got into the rift saw Ferro, forged the Skydisk, Talked to Al Sedexus and defeated her children, got two of the three keys. Now where do I need to go and do what? I am stymied........thanks

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by infinity
    The Deranged Gaze spell has a range of "thrown". So just shoot him. He won't move towards you he will just stay put and cast other spells which hurt a lot but nothing a couple dedicated healers in your party can't handle
    Schazzyboy had some issues, afair all his attacks were assigned as melee with long range,
    probably the game mechanics resisted to use them as long as there were options like the gaze.
    Now he has 2 different melee and a ranged attack assigned.

Regarding "He won`t move towards you"
    Did you notice it repeteadly, has anybody else experienced it?
    I could nor recognize such behaviour, think 15-20 times, mostly because i instantly charged up,
    but i believe to remember that he followed 2 or 3 times when insanity forced to move the action points away.

@dbpops
    which 2 of the 3 keys? (chaos, life or knowledge, the latter one is dropped by the Al Sedex child "Pyromon")

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@dbpops
    which 2 of the 3 keys? (chaos, life or knowledge, the latter one is dropped by the Al Sedex child "Pyromon")[/QUOTE]

Thanks Townltu, it was the Choas Key needed. I went to the lower Monestary and defeated the Giant mite. Now I am rolling again. So far I have not seen anything that was too strong that couldn't be killed with the proper level and strategy. The vanilla encounters in higher levels are sometimes frusterating. All in all, an excellent job has been done with this Mod. When the new mod is released, will it be somewhat different from this one?............................thanks for a job well done

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I assumed the range was "throw" because when I stood in a certain spot he never gazed. I just engaged combat from that particular spot in the room and we traded spells and modern weapons fire for about 20 rounds. I played through the mod twice and both times this little trick worked. He would just stand in his original spot and bomb away with other spells but no gaze.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On how to get to the lower part of the lower monastery

....My party is around level 25 now and I've got the Sky Disc and Sceptre, as well as two out of the three Universal Keys. I also have the Vortex Key and Tronolith but I'm a little stuck as to where to go next. I'm assuming I need to get into the areas behind the gates in the lower monastery but I have no idea how. Can anyone give me any tips/advice?

Answer:

To have the vortex key, your party already must have been in the room where you can get access
    to the "sealed" part of Lower Monastery.

Spoiler!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Random question I actually been wondering now.

In the starter dungeon, in the hallway with the crank that opens the shortcut gate, there's a door that can't be interacted with. Can this door actually be opened in any way?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadefang View Post

In the starter dungeon, in the hallway with the crank that opens the shortcut gate, there's a door that can't be interacted with. Can this door actually be opened in any way?
    yes,
    Spoiler!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by townltu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadefang View Post

yes,
    Spoiler!
    Oh nice, that was pretty tricky to find. Thanks!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a problem in a dungeon, at the beginning. I already found a map and gave it to the guy, he gave me 10k(?) experience and... nothing else happened. What should I do to continue exploring this dungeon? (I looked at the map with Cosmic Forge and it looks much bigger). The portal upstairs is still inactive.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You continue exploring the dungeon if you haven't completed it yet. You will meet this guy much later in the game. Just now I can't remember the solution for the upstairs but I think it is in the vicinity and I don't recall anything important being found there.
    Not Aelfinn or Eelfinn, but Realfinn

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyJake
    I have a problem in a dungeon, at the beginning. I already found a map and gave it to the guy, he gave me 10k(?) experience and... nothing else happened. What should I do to continue exploring this dungeon? (I looked at the map with Cosmic Forge and it looks much bigger). The portal upstairs is still inactive.
    As far as i can see thats exactly like it is intended to be,
    Spoiler!

the dungeon was, as far as i know, basically only added to allow non-import parties to build up some skills and lvls
    i think Q created Brunatz and also Murkatos mainly to add some variety to the dungeon, btw imo succesful,
    but not as big part of the story.

p.s. + btw:
    The Soul Warden has no hostiles near, besides that a party below lvl 30 will find it >99% impossible to kill her with strays.
    Brunatz is the first "cannot be fought with" encounter in this mod where party has a real chance to kill it with strayed fire,
    one of my favourite spcls in Wiz8 is to get them all in one run.

So i am really sorry to tell that you already failed to reach the ultimate triumph

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of doors that can't be opened, how about the one in Father Pontifex's entry hall, the one in the northwest corner next to the healing pool? Is it an unused feature, or a puzzle to figure out?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herry Hardfoot
    Speaking of doors that can't be opened, how about the one in Father Pontifex's entry hall, the one in the northwest corner next to the healing pool? Is it an unused feature, or a puzzle to figure out?
    That wasnt the only place where i asked myself the same, when going through the beta test,
    but there is nothing about it, no door/passage or distration/hint for another thingie nearby,
    perhaps except the symmetric reference to the "specific item required" door on the other side.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The word of "the master" is good enough for me. I'm a bit obsessive about solving every tiny mystery in the mod. Of course, when version 1.2 comes out, there will be a whole new set of conundrums I'm sure.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast