Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15

Thread: Star Citizen

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Star Marine was tuff for me coming from Titanfall 2- TF2 is so much faster paced that SM felt like slow mo.

Moderator - Catbug Overlord Ciddire's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so excited and worried about this game. I think they are massively over-reaching in ambition. It's starting to look a bit like a Egosoft X-universe game.

But then again, we haven't had a truly solid space game in years.
    Now, I am become Catbug, the destroyer of realities .

Know a bug? Post it here:
    http://bit.ly/2lxuTha

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sworks View Post
    Star Marine was tuff for me coming from Titanfall 2- TF2 is so much faster paced that SM felt like slow mo.
    Yeah I hear ya on that one. I've been playing lots of TF2 lately and this felt like I jumped back to Halo : Combat Evolved. Much slower game play, yet it was still fun.

There's lots of ideas and concepts that are being introduced into this game. I'd agree with you @Ciddire that they are going above and beyond. But, this is what is making Star Citizen into an amazing game so far.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sepulacrave View Post
    Yeah I hear ya on that one. I've been playing lots of TF2 lately and this felt like I jumped back to Halo : Combat Evolved. Much slower game play, yet it was still fun.

There's lots of ideas and concepts that are being introduced into this game. I'd agree with you @Ciddire that they are going above and beyond. But, this is what is making Star Citizen into an amazing game so far.
    I like what they're doing. I'm just worried that we're going to get stuck in dev hell (see Camelot Unchained's 'nuke the game every few weeks' methods) especially since they just dropped / kinda didn't drop Crytek for Amazon's stuff. I kinda wish they'd set a goal for x amount of features and then add on with expansions later on.

TBH, i'm not following the development of the game closely simply because I tend to get burnt out during the alpha / beta and then ignore the release. I did back the game for ($100-$150ish?) when it was initially collecting $.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My biggest regret is not buying an account for my son at the beginning.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddire View Post
    I'm so excited and worried about this game. I think they are massively over-reaching in ambition. It's starting to look a bit like a Egosoft X-universe game.

This has been my worry as well. Chris knows this genre well enough but I think this is where we see the pitfalls of having no producer oversight. They are like kids in a candy store and as more crowdsourcing rolls in, they keep expanding the scope of the game. This is where you need someone managing the overall scope and deadline of the project. I just hope we see a game before I am too old to care anymore.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tai View Post

This has been my worry as well. Chris knows this genre well enough but I think this is where we see the pitfalls of having no producer oversight. They are like kids in a candy store and as more crowdsourcing rolls in, they keep expanding the scope of the game. This is where you need someone managing the overall scope and deadline of the project. I just hope we see a game before I am too old to care anymore.
    I've been so tempted to buy into this over the years but I've managed to wait and resist so far. I've been burned too many times by early access/buy in alphas and betas and the whole modern funding model for some games. I genuinely want this game to be a success, but I can't even wrap my mind around how they plan on making this all work. From what I gather, the scope of what they are doing seems to be unprecedented and I simply don't have faith that it's going to be done properly. I can almost imagine that in the 11th hour they're going to start freaking out and go into damage control mode once they realized they've overpromised/something doesn't work out right/etc. It's either going to be the most glorious game to come out in this period of my lifetime, or the biggest gaming disaster since 38 Studios or No Mans Sky.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like what they're doing. I'm just worried that we're going to get stuck in dev hell (see Camelot Unchained's 'nuke the game every few weeks' methods) especially since they just dropped / kinda didn't drop Crytek for Amazon's stuff. I kinda wish they'd set a goal for x amount of features and then add on with expansions later on.

TBH, i'm not following the development of the game closely simply because I tend to get burnt out during the alpha / beta and then ignore the release. I did back the game for ($100-$150ish?) when it was initially collecting $.
    In the new year they are going to provide their schedule on the web page. This will let use know what exactly is being worked on and when we should expect to see X completed. Not sure if this will really make people want to buy into the game today, but it will at least let us know what's going on behind closed doors. Unlike more companies that just say, we're working on it and we'll let you know. If only they keep it up to date and actually follow what is written into the schedule.

Never looked at the development that way either. With all the extra cash will open up more and more ideas which may seem like new realities. It does make sense and hopefully that isn't the case hear. I do want this game to kick ass and take names! I mean, Heck! This is the most I've spent upfront on any game ever! DAoC has bled more cash over the years, but this is a chunk all at once. It hurts more! lol

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the new year they are going to provide their schedule on the web page. This will let use know what exactly is being worked on and when we should expect to see X completed. Not sure if this will really make people want to buy into the game today, but it will at least let us know what's going on behind closed doors. Unlike more companies that just say, we're working on it and we'll let you know. If only they keep it up to date and actually follow what is written into the schedule.

Never looked at the development that way either. With all the extra cash will open up more and more ideas which may seem like new realities. It does make sense and hopefully that isn't the case hear. I do want this game to kick ass and take names! I mean, Heck! This is the most I've spent upfront on any game ever! DAoC has bled more cash over the years, but this is a chunk all at once. It hurts more! lol
    I'm glad that they committed to doing that. But City State is doing the same thing. It's great when you check your card off, but it doesn't mean much once you go off and nuke that entire feature because you had another idea. I think that's why most companies doesn't do that (and I don't blame them.. look at all the flak John@broadsword is getting for not delivering the website and other features that were promised in 2016)

My only hope is that Chris is legit a good dude and would have enough sense to reign this in before it gets crazy.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad that they committed to doing that. But City State is doing the same thing. It's great when you check your card off, but it doesn't mean much once you go off and nuke that entire feature because you had another idea. I think that's why most companies doesn't do that (and I don't blame them.. look at all the flak John@broadsword is getting for not delivering the website and other features that were promised in 2016)

My only hope is that Chris is legit a good dude and would have enough sense to reign this in before it gets crazy.
    I've been following development of both titles, and from what I've noticed, CU has much more of a "one guy runs the show" type of development than SC does. That has pros and cons to it, so I'm not pointing that out to downplay CU (I've backed it and hope it flourishes), but it does explain why its development cycle is being sporadic.
    I block all signatures. Feel free to ignore mine.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Twitch Channel(s)
    View Channel: hotshottd

man the DRAKE Caterpillar is looking badass

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)